The Manchester United Thread

If De Gea was in goal there would be questions why hasn't he come for the ball and Henderson most certainly would.

And once again Henderson swimming into nothing.

One of the best Greenwood games in a long, long while.

Other than missing few yellows for Burnley, Jon Moss had a good game imo.

Do we have any more questions on who's currently better, Dean or David?
With his sweeper-keeper style of playing, you can expect mistakes every now and then. DDG rarely ever comes off his line which has subtly cost us a lot of goals lately

If De Gea was in goal there would be questions why hasn't he come for the ball and Henderson most certainly would.

And once again Henderson swimming into nothing.
I cursed him today lol.

Anyway **** off dirty Burnley. Another good win. Todayā€™s another illustration of why Pogba gets put out on the left. Like Neville said in commentary heā€™s not aloud to drive forward as much and you largely donā€™t notice him playing with any of our current CMs.

I've totally zoned out of United recently, this European Super League is an absolute disgrace to every football fan and club in the country. I expected it with the likes of City and Chelsea, but for United and Liverpool to have talks and sign up behind our backs, it is absolutely disgusting the direction they are going to take us. These American owners don't give a ***** about these clubs and they are going to take away the game we love for their own greed. Woodward Is a big part of us signing up for this as well, screw him and screw the Glazers... they will not get any of my support. I hope you will do the same now, enough is enough.

Look, this goes against the traditions of football and the game we have loved growing up. We can't allow these clowns to do this, I hope all fans will start taking serious action and partnering with the FA who will try (probably fail) to stop these multi billionaire owners doing this.

Not only that, they are doing this behind our backs during a time when clubs are having to collapse and we are in a ****** pandemic! It's damning that even now all they see is a way to stop competition and make themselves even more money.

Yeah it sucks. If it goes ahead. But it wonā€™t stop me supporting my club!

Sorry but then you are also part of the problem in my eyes. You'd watch your club demolish its own history and go to a European super League? Really? Come on man! Everything this club has been built on and all the history would be for nothing.

Created by the poor, stolen by the rich.... it's a true quote I saw. That's what's happening.

Eh, TOD. I've been a united supporter for 25 years. Been a season ticket holder for 5 of them years too. The moment we are included in any sort of statement of intent to form this super greed league, I'd pretty much withhold my support for United

I love united to bits through thick and thin but this simply goes against what we've stood for. I'd rather we get relegated to the champtionship than join a super greed league.

Shame on both United AND Liverpool.

Ferguson, who won the Champions League twice with Manchester United after having European success with Scottish club Aberdeen, told Reuters that he enjoyed ā€œspecial nightsā€ in the Champions League.

ā€œTalk of a Super League is a move away from 70 years of European club football. Both as a player for a provincial team Dunfermline in the 60s and as a manager at Aberdeen winning the European Cup Winnersā€™ Cup, for a small provincial club in Scotland it was like climbing Mount Everest,ā€ he told Reuters.

ā€œEverton are spending Ā£500 million to build a new stadium with the ambition to play in Champions League. Fans all over love the competition as it is,ā€ he said.

ā€œIn my time at United, we played in four Champions League finals and they were always the most special of nights.

ā€œIā€™m not sure Manchester United are involved in this, as I am not part of the decision making process,ā€ he added.

Gary Neville, Fergusonā€™s former captain, interrupted his commentary on Sky Sportsā€™ coverage of Unitedā€™s match against Burnley to criticise the breakaway plans.

ā€œI think to bring forward proposals in the midst of COVID, in the midst of the economic crisis, is an absolute scandal,ā€ he said.

ā€œUnited, and the rest of the ā€˜Big Sixā€™ clubs that have signed up to it, against the rest of the Premier League, should be ashamed of themselves,ā€ he said.

ā€œI canā€™t concentrate on the game... they should deduct all six teams that have signed up to it. Deduct points from them all,ā€ he said.

The hypocrisy from Neville there is astounding. He was involved, and hugely benefited, at the start of the breakaway back in 1992. The same the organisation he works for.

People who have ruined football for money moaning about other people trying to ruin football for money without any sense of self awareness. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

T
The hypocrisy from Neville there is astounding. He was involved, and hugely benefited, at the start of the breakaway back in 1992. The same the organisation he works for.

People who have ruined football for money moaning about other people trying to ruin football for money without any sense of self awareness. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Thought the same while he was bleating on during the game. Hypocrites everywhere.

Eh, TOD. I've been a united supporter for 25 years. Been a season ticket holder for 5 of them years too. The moment we are included in any sort of statement of intent to form this super greed league, I'd pretty much withhold my support for United

I love united to bits through thick and thin but this simply goes against what we've stood for. I'd rather we get relegated to the champtionship than join a super greed league.

Shame on both United AND Liverpool.
Itā€™s not that different from what happened in 1992 tbh.

Itā€™s not that different from what happened in 1992 tbh.
Not exactly. It's kinda like a new champions league except you don't qualify on merit. Only on status which is ridiculous.

What I like with the league is we could finish 20th and get relegated. With this super greed idea, we could finish dead last and still stay within this league. It's atrocious

Not exactly. It's kinda like a new champions league except you don't qualify on merit. Only on status which is ridiculous.

What I live with the league is we could finish 20th and get relegated. With this super greed idea, we could finish dead last and still stay within this league. It's atrocious

Wouldnā€™t argue at all mate but the hupocrisy from UEFA because they suddenly find themselves on the outside looking in, is unreal.

Most Countries ā€˜championsā€™, those that arenā€™t in big TV market leagues who are in bed with UEFA, donā€™t get into whats effectively a ā€˜closed shopā€™ CL as it is. Whilst 4 teams from said major markets do.

So UEFA can stick trying to play any sort of ā€˜moral high groundā€™ card right up there hypocritical backsides.

We should probably take this to the official thread on this, but 'if' the ESL comes to fruition, then the PL/ UEFA/ Sky/ and all the clickbait gob______like your Nevilles, etc currently up in arms with their hypocritical B/S on the telly, should ALL take a long hard look at themselves for something that's been three decades in the making.

You've ALL done everything in your power to empower these unscrupulous clubs and are as responsible as ANYONE for the state of the game as it currently is. This will be just the natural conclusion of your own avarice.

Reap what you sow.

What I like with the league is we could finish 20th and get relegated. With this super greed idea, we could finish dead last and still stay within this league. It's atrocious
Iā€™m completely donā€™t agree with it like at mate. It just wonā€™t stop me supporting Utd.

Wasn't there a similar argument prior to the formation of the Premier League, especially with regards to the whole FA league structure. Yes the Premiership has become the money spinner the top clubs wanted but the Football League is still alive and going strong. A few lower league sides have folded but that happened prior to the formation of the Premiership as well and will continue to happen in the future. Don't forget however, the big boys haven't had it all their own way Leicester City winning the Premiership was said would never happen back when the Premiership was first spoken about and the likes of Burnley, Ipswich, Hull, Wigan would not qualify for European Competitions ever. These things did happen despite the big 6 taking the bulk of the money.

I'm not for or against a ESL it is sadly a forego conclusion and even then that in itself will eventually be superseded by a World Super League, sport is no different to everyday life it is constantly changing and moving forward. Whether it is for the better or not only time will tell.