The Manchester United Thread

Well, truth be told and if we're being honest with ourselves, Milan could've easily won the game at OT by atleast 3-1

They had a goal wrongly disallowed and had a couple of really good chances as well. We played better in Milan and basically snuffed out their attack for the most part.

But then again, Maguire missed an open net lol

Last edited:

Laurie Whitwell

@lauriewhitwell

Solskjaer on Bailly: "Eric has been isolating back home in Ivory Coast. He is here now. Hopefully he will train tomorrow + see how he feels. Eric has played well. I know there has been speculation. We are talking to him about his contract. I don't see any issues with him." #MUFC

Kick off at 7pm. CS City u23s

United's team...
  1. Ondrej Mastny
  2. Charlie Wellens
  3. Alvaro Fernandez
  4. Will Fish (c)
  5. Reece Devine
  6. Martin Svidersky
  7. Shola Shoretire
  8. Charlie McCann
  9. Joe Hugill
  10. Hannibal Mejbri
  11. Anthony Elanga
SUBS - 12. Marc Jurado 13. Dermot Mee 14. Noam Emeram 15. Mark Helm 16. Charlie Savage

Lost 3-0. Poor young Alvaro Fernandez at fault for all 3 gls giving the ball away. City were the better team anyway.

He was the standout for City again against our 23s last Friday. (Cole Palmer.).

He’s continually impressed me against L’pool after the disappointment of the Youth Cup final the other year. (Think he missed the decisive penalty the shoot-out but I might be wrong?).

Technically superb, as exemplified by his superb goal in that game. Poor ‘keeping not withstanding. Made it all himself with a superb move. His football intelligence is clear too.

Wherever it will be, he’s set for a good career.

Unfortunately Tobin's rehab hasn't gone as well as hoped - and she's now undergoing treatment on her knee. She's returning to the US to complete her program with the USNWT staff. They're hoping that she can be ready for the Olympics.

Casey Stoney isn't sure about contracts and next season - I'd guess Press and Heath are likely to decide to go back to the US. It's been such a strange year to be a foreign player in the UK, and with no real chance to explore the country or to meet the fans, I doubt that they learned to love the place (or the climate).

It's a real shame if she has played her last game for us. She really did add something special to the team and was a key part of our great form in the first half of the season.

https://www.si.com/.amp/soccer/2021/04/16/tobin-heath-manchester-united-injury-setback-olympics

If there is any truth in the reports of Pogba looking for £500,000 per week (£105m in wages over 4 years).
He can have a nice cup of go f.uck yourself.

Last edited:
If there is any truth in the reports of Pogba looking for £500,000 per week (£105m in wages over 4 years).
He can have a nice cup of got f.uck yourself.
Started by the daily star so likely bollocks and to be taken with a trailer full of salt 😋

Started by the daily star so likely bollocks and to be taken with a trailer full of salt 😋
It's Mino Raiola. Nothing is too outrageous. I honestly don't mind if we have to sell him this summer (although we will get nowhere near his value) and get in someone good in return (SMS). He is coming into good form, but Raiola is horrible, so would rather avoid that.

It's Mino Raiola. Nothing is too outrageous. I honestly don't mind if we have to sell him this summer (although we will get nowhere near his value) and get in someone good in return (SMS). He is coming into good form, but Raiola is horrible, so would rather avoid that.
Can’t see it being anything more than bs like Haaland reported 1m a week wages lol. SMS would cost more than we would get for Pogba and is not anywhere near as good. His form hasn’t been as good or as consistent as 2/3 years ago when we was linked.

If Pogba does go then we should gofor Camavinga. Who is up for sale and is out of contract next summer and has come out and said he’s not renewing. Likely cost what we would get for Pogba

Can’t see it being anything more than bs like Haaland reported 1m a week wages lol. SMS would cost more than we would get for Pogba and is not anywhere near as good. His form hasn’t been as good or as consistent as 2/3 years ago when we was linked.

If Pogba does go then we should gofor Camavinga. Who is up for sale and is out of contract next summer and has come out and said he’s not renewing. Likely cost what we would get for Pogba
Why? They are not like for like players. Camavinga is a defensive midfielder, who can also occasionally play box-to-box. Pogba is a playmaker who plays from the midfield with a decent physical presence. SMS and Pogba would literally be a like for like substitution.

Also, SMS this season has 7 goals and 10 assists from midfield from 35 matches, which is really good. (de Bruyne in comparision has 8 goals and 16 assists in 34 appearances). SMS' record is still pretty good! And he has the physical presence. Camavinga has 1 goal and 2 assists in 35 matches.

Also, by all reports, Camavinga was headed for Madrid. And he is more a DM than a playmaker.

Why? They are not like for like players. Camavinga is a defensive midfielder, who can also occasionally play box-to-box. Pogba is a playmaker who plays from the midfield with a decent physical presence. SMS and Pogba would literally be a like for like substitution.

Also, SMS this season has 7 goals and 10 assists from midfield from 35 matches, which is really good. (de Bruyne in comparision has 8 goals and 16 assists in 34 appearances). SMS' record is still pretty good! And he has the physical presence. Camavinga has 1 goal and 2 assists in 35 matches.

Also, by all reports, Camavinga was headed for Madrid. And he is more a DM than a playmaker.
If Pogba goes we don’t need another like for like replacement unless your gonna sign SMS to play on the left. We need a DM/Playmaker from deep more IMO. Then get more creativity from out wide by signing a genuine RW.

The dream would be to keep Pogba sign a proper DM and play the 2 in CM together

All this talk of this midfielder and that midfielder when, IMHO, Utd's best player, never gets a game down to the limitations of his coach.