The Manchester United Thread

Isak Hansen-Aarøen was simply brilliant for

U18’s today. MOTM. Dictating play and creating chances for fun. His passing, creativity, vision, intelligence, ability to operate in tight spaces, is something else.

Manchester United are to install new roof and floodlights at both Old Trafford and all Carrington pitches as part of an £21million summer schedule of works this summer.

Club officials will also oversee the arrival of 1,500 barrier seats as United seek to improve the atmosphere with the aid of ‘safe standing’. The home and away dressing-room areas, long since in need of an upgrade, will also be completely renovated while a new, Covid-secure digital access and ticketing system will be rolled out ready for the start of next season’s first home game .

Fresh pitches and facilities for the men and women’s teams at the training ground are also on the summer’s list, while new disabled facilities have already been completed ready for next season.

Manchester United to sign u16 Liverpool attacker after he rejected their offer. Ethan Ennis set to sign 1 yr scholar 3 year pro on his 17th birthday

#MUFC #LFC

DVB ruled out of the Euros with an injury that’s been bothering him apparently

Giving me less and less reason to watch the Euro's the more my favourite players go down.

That's two of the Dutch's big hitters sadly gone from their spine before they've even kicked a ball. Just looking at the squad and I'm not rating the Netherlands chances too highly.

I love that simply because, albeit still only at Acadamy level, it's a man of colour in a prominent position at a prominent club.

If football seriously wants to promote itself as an all-inclusive game of equality, it needs to start giving opportunities at coaching/ management/ board room level to ethnic minority's. (On merit BTW. They can't just be giving gigs on skin colour. But MANY deserve jobs that they DON'T get on merit.).

Only then will they have an inclusive game.

Last edited:
Fernandes with 2 gls and an assist tonight. His second goal was just filthy top bins action. He’s incredible!

This Sancho signing is just a typical Glazer appeaser to the fans, I'm honestly not excited about it at all anymore if it happens. Sure he's a good player but what we really need is a CB and CDM. If we address those two positions then great, but you just know we'll cut corners and not do one of them.

Plus I don't really see the massive need for Sancho in this team right now, you've got two of the youngest talents potentially in Greenwood and Amad. I'm not against the Sancho signing per se, but I know right now it's not the difference between us competing or not next season. Far more so is a CB and CDM.

This Sancho signing is just a typical Glazer appeaser to the fans, I'm honestly not excited about it at all anymore if it happens. Sure he's a good player but what we really need is a CB and CDM. If we address those two positions then great, but you just know we'll cut corners and not do one of them.

Plus I don't really see the massive need for Sancho in this team right now, you've got two of the youngest talents potentially in Greenwood and Amad. I'm not against the Sancho signing per se, but I know right now it's not the difference between us competing or not next season. Far more so is a CB and CDM.
It’s not the top priority for me. CB is for me. But Sancho would definitely help transform out attack to another level and help against low blocks. But agree won’t turn us into title challengers but would help in a lot of those drawn games against park the bus teams. Would also get Pogba back in CM and Rashford back to his

Greenwood next season needs to be getting more game time as STR he’s not going to be a RW and has been poor there first parts of the season he needs to be ready to replace Cavani when he leaves. Amad while a talent isn’t ready and you could see that by how often he was east to disposes due to his lack of physical development.

Will be interesting to see what unfolds this window. With the Glazers seemingly trying a bit to put some of there promises into action.

Another thing is he's a left winger lol.

Another thing is he's a left winger lol.
He’s actually just as quality on both unlike all our so called attacking forwards. People need to watch him more tbh. Would be what was needed after Ronaldo was sold. A top quality player for the RW.

Attachments

• CFA20D8C-DC2F-4D58-9DF6-E43339DA59A9.jpeg
    CFA20D8C-DC2F-4D58-9DF6-E43339DA59A9.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 20
He’s actually just as quality on both unlike all our so called attacking forwards. People need to watch him more tbh. Would be what was needed after Ronaldo was sold. A top quality player for the RW.
Interesting. From eye value, hes never really convinced me he's a right winger and I watched a number of Dortmund games as well. He relies more combination plays with his fullbacks in Meunier so I wonder how that plays out with AWB lol

Interesting. From eye value, hes never really convinced me he's a right winger and I watched a number of Dortmund games as well. He relies more combination plays with his fullbacks in Meunier so I wonder how that plays out with AWB lol
No mate I thought the same last season till someone pointed out his amount of games at RW and his production there. He’s a genuine either side wide player. Even the couple of times I watched him live at academy level he was LW vs us. It could actually give us the option to rest Rashford a bit.

Also, I'd argue that Sancho is equally important to a CB and CDM. Sancho is more than a winger, mind. He also functions as a playmaker from the wings, so that's another outlet. As of now, it's pretty easy to stunt United's attack - close down Bruno, as everything flows through him. What happens with Sancho is more options open up, more creativity in the final third, which can be made use of through movement of the front four. Considering we struggle to break open defenses, its vital.

Not diminishing the importance of a CB/CDM, mind. I'd argue that a proper CDM (Ndidi type) is even more important to freely play Pogba in a CM role. But I'll still be okay with a RW and a CB this time around, if we don't have enough funds for further improvements.

The worry at CB is there is a lack of clear links to CB that we have. Considering there will only be one marquee signing (and assuming that'll be Sancho), then our CB targets become puzzling. Going by rumours, Torres/Kounde would be ~ 60 Mn, as will Varane. I guess Cristian Romero rumours could be a possibility (although I think a sneaky bid for Ramos if he leaves could be another option - not sure how I'd feel about that, to be honest).

Also, I'd argue that Sancho is equally important to a CB and CDM. Sancho is more than a winger, mind. He also functions as a playmaker from the wings, so that's another outlet. As of now, it's pretty easy to stunt United's attack - close down Bruno, as everything flows through him. What happens with Sancho is more options open up, more creativity in the final third, which can be made use of through movement of the front four. Considering we struggle to break open defenses, its vital.

Not diminishing the importance of a CB/CDM, mind. I'd argue that a proper CDM (Ndidi type) is even more important to freely play Pogba in a CM role. But I'll still be okay with a RW and a CB this time around, if we don't have enough funds for further improvements.

The worry at CB is there is a lack of clear links to CB that we have. Considering there will only be one marquee signing (and assuming that'll be Sancho), then our CB targets become puzzling. Going by rumours, Torres/Kounde would be ~ 60 Mn, as will Varane. I guess Cristian Romero rumours could be a possibility (although I think a sneaky bid for Ramos if he leaves could be another option - not sure how I'd feel about that, to be honest).
Yeah it seems like either Varane, Kounde, Torres. Especially now Ramos has agreed to stay