The Manchester United Thread

If this is the only hold up then it’s pretty close

Borussia Dortmund are only willing to extend the repayment for Jadon Sancho's fee to four years instead of five #mulive [bbc]

Would u count Varane and Sancho a good summer?
Good but not great. Was talking to a few mates who I use to play County footy with. We sort of all agreed that while not obvious Sancho and Varane would pretty much solve most problems at Utd except for having that genuine quality depth City have.

It would help massively with the balance of the team no more Rashford stinking up the right and putting him in his best of the LW. Pogba being able to be moved back into CM giving us that dictator of play and creativity from CM getting the from deep forward quicker. Sancho would also create more space for others and help massively with our struggle with low blocks.

Varane would be a huge signing for his quality/pace/experience and leadership alone. With him we could play higher up pressing teams further up the pitch meaning winning the ball back closer to the goal and not be done on silly counter attacks. His height and jump would be god for out **** set piece defending also. But that’s something the coaches need to look at! Would also start AWB tucking in all the time to baby sit Linderlof.

For me I would like a back up RB for AWB really hope we can get Tripier in. Would add much needed competition and quality. And his attacking output from that position would be good. Doesn’t seem we are linked really with any DMs/CMs only Saul Ninguez and Rice a bit.

We thought we should start the season something like this most weeks.

DDG/Henderson
AWB-Varane-Maguire-Shaw
VDB-Pogba
Sancho-Fernandes-Rashford
Cavani

Subs: GK, Tripier, Telles, Linderlof, Fred, McTominey, Martial, Amad, Greenwood

TOD there is no way in **** Ole is playing VdB and Pogba as a two in midfield, he absolutely adores McFred to not play at least one of them. I don't even think VdB was even a Solskjaer signing.

This is for me why we so badly need a CDM, it makes too much sense though when we can splash the majority of our budget on a marquee signing like Sancho, which will sell shirts and appease fans!

In all seriousness Sancho is a good signing, but it's absolutely bonkers to me if we don't address that midfield. Fred and McTominay are great squad players, but they can't be good enough to win a title IF they are playing so many games together.

Why Trippier? He is 31 years old in september. There would be two reason to come over, last big paycheck to be behind AWB or first team player. He just won La Liga and has a place in Atletico. WC is coming so I am sure he wants to be played and he should be starting over AWB. If fansa are okey AWB being on the bench more and push his game more for the future then it might be decent buy.

Why Trippier? He is 31 years old in september. There would be two reason to come over, last big paycheck to be behind AWB or first team player. He just won La Liga and has a place in Atletico. WC is coming so I am sure he wants to be played and he should be starting over AWB. If fansa are okey AWB being on the bench more and push his game more for the future then it might be decent buy.
See Luke Shaw/Telles. 31 is the perfect age gives Williams and Laird the chance to go out on loan again and develop for a couple more seasons ready to come back and replace Telles and Tripier. He also wants to return back to the UK for family reasons.

TOD there is no way in **** Ole is playing VdB and Pogba as a two in midfield, he absolutely adores McFred to not play at least one of them. I don't even think VdB was even a Solskjaer signing.

This is for me why we so badly need a CDM, it makes too much sense though when we can splash the majority of our budget on a marquee signing like Sancho, which will sell shirts and appease fans!

In all seriousness Sancho is a good signing, but it's absolutely bonkers to me if we don't address that midfield. Fred and McTominay are great squad players, but they can't be good enough to win a title IF they are playing so many games together.
I tend to agree he’s not a Ole signing. But I don’t agree that Ole is madly in love with McFred more a case they have done a decent job there covering up glaring weakness in our CB pairing. We could see 1 partner Pogba this season but that will fall on Ole if it goes sideways and we don’t see progression again next season.

See Luke Shaw/Telles. 31 is the perfect age gives Williams and Laird the chance to go out on loan again and develop for a couple more seasons ready to come back and replace Telles and Tripier. He also wants to return back to the UK for family reasons.
Not really comparable. I understand u hope same fighting over the RB spot and how Shaw pushed himself back to the ability he has had before. Telles has never been that much better than Shaw(maybe when he had his tips and injuries). But Trippier is done it PL and La Liga and offers more than AWB. So buying him with eye for bench is wrong way look at him.
Not sure if people are overrating AWB or underrating Trippier.

Not really comparable. I understand u hope same fighting over the RB spot and how Shaw pushed himself back to the ability he has had before. Telles has never been that much better than Shaw(maybe when he had his tips and injuries). But Trippier is done it PL and La Liga and offers more than AWB. So buying him with eye for bench is wrong way look at him.
Not sure if people are overrating AWB or underrating Trippier.
People are not overeating or underrating anyone I don’t think. At least I’m not. They are just 2 very different options at RB and would both get plenty of game time. Also Tripier could bring AWB attacking play to another level.

The controversial solution to that would be to sell Pogba. You get a DLP instead and you mitigate the necessity of getting a CDM, as you could play with either Fred or McTominay as a more box-to-box player with another player staying deep and playing through. We need a CDM (basically a McFred in one player) because Pogba's game is not around staying deep and pinging passes/dictating tempo. van de Beek can do that, but his passing range still lacks related to the position.

But apparently, we have already started talks with Pogba (and I don't think there would be reasonable offers for him, either). But Juve rumours are not going away, and if his form hadn't dropped off dramatically, I would look at a Pogba-Arthur swap. But Arthur's form since joining Juve has been a bit worrying.

Regarding Trippier, not particularly invested. He would be a good signing, but he won't be cheap, Atleti won't sell him easily. That could prove to be a stumbling block right there.

The controversial solution to that would be to sell Pogba. You get a DLP instead and you mitigate the necessity of getting a CDM, as you could play with either Fred or McTominay as a more box-to-box player with another player staying deep and playing through. We need a CDM (basically a McFred in one player) because Pogba's game is not around staying deep and pinging passes/dictating tempo. van de Beek can do that, but his passing range still lacks related to the position.

But apparently, we have already started talks with Pogba (and I don't think there would be reasonable offers for him, either). But Juve rumours are not going away, and if his form hadn't dropped off dramatically, I would look at a Pogba-Arthur swap. But Arthur's form since joining Juve has been a bit worrying.

Regarding Trippier, not particularly invested. He would be a good signing, but he won't be cheap, Atleti won't sell him easily. That could prove to be a stumbling block right there.
Think we could get Tripier for a decent fee as his contract is out next summer. I liked Arthur but he’s been poor at Juve considering the hype.

Best case regarding Pogba : He starts being consistent and stops dwelling on the ball
Second best case: Sell him for as much as United can.

Not surprising Dan James was peed coming off to accommodate Bale. He was there best player by a mile and only attacking outlet and creative outlet. Bale and Wales offered nothing since James has gone off.

Why cant broadcasters cut when it happened instead of filming his distraught wife and him getting cpr. I swear no empathy from those In charge.