The Manchester United Thread

Did he really?

Not quite what acrault happened there, but lets go with that if it fits better. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Who are the other two global clubs again? Out of interest.
What do you think happened?

The other two are Urawa Reds and FC Balkani, obviously.
Joke aside, its two Spanish giants.

Manchester United are to add a further 2,100 safe-standing seats at Old Trafford next season after declaring a trial at the ground to be a success, bringing the total to 6,000.

The additional rail seats will be added in the south west quadrant of the stadium, adjoining the Stretford End and the home of the Red Army fan group, who have been adding to the atmosphere at the stadium in recent seasons...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-news-safe-standing-27293259

That's good news.
The more the merrier. Sitting at a football match is such an unnatural thing to do.

Like sitting on your *** at a Slayer gig.

I checked out a few vids on this Onana lad.
Is he just Grobbelaar with a Fro?

Does he ever actually catch a ball or does he palm everything back to the opposing team in the box? :unsure:

Onana is okay, but yeah, you gotta wonder why even have scouting department when you just end up buying former ETH/Ajax players 90% of the time.

Shocker. Manager trying to sort out this ***** show quickly brings in players he trust and can fit seemlesly into his way of playing 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ people don’t half spout some nonsense.

Yeah I'm not sure if bloke who just finished serving massive suspension for doping would be my first choice in terms of trust.

What do you think happened?

The other two are Urawa Reds and FC Balkani, obviously.
Joke aside, its two Spanish giants.

I know exactly what happened mate as regards our interest in Mount. I’ve been on about it for a good few months in the transfer thread.

We hada contract boxed in principle before the season finished. (For a reported £150 k P/W).But as soon as Chelsea made it clear that they would only start talking at a ridiculous £60 million to come to the table, we walked away.

I don’t know about Arsenal or Newcastle but he didn’t chose Utd over us. That I do know. Just like Bellingham, we were the ones who walked away. You just saw the opening when we did and paid them the silly money they wanted. Its no big mystery.

I’m not even getting into it on the supposed 3 biggest global club thing but thank you for clarifying.

Yeah I'm not sure if bloke who just finished serving massive suspension for doping would be my first choice in terms of trust.

Bit more to it in fairness.
He took a single tablet from the medicine cabinet for a headache.
Accidentally took Lasimac instead of Litacold (a diuretic belong to his wife). The tablets where in a similar blister and foil pack, same size and appearance.
Uefa accepted this scenario and doctors said the active ingredient is for water-retention and doesn’t benefit you in any way (in a sporting sense).

They still banned him.

Manchester United are to add a further 2,100 safe-standing seats at Old Trafford next season after declaring a trial at the ground to be a success, bringing the total to 6,000.

The additional rail seats will be added in the south west quadrant of the stadium, adjoining the Stretford End and the home of the Red Army fan group, who have been adding to the atmosphere at the stadium in recent seasons...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-news-safe-standing-27293259

All for that everywhere but those that they put in the away section in the main stand overflow are ***** as the row space isn’t anywhere near wide enough.

Be swerving that this year and going back up the scoreboard corner.

I know exactly what happened mate as regards our interest in Mount. I’ve been on about it for a good few months in the transfer thread.

We hada contract boxed in principle before the season finished. (For a reported £150 k P/W).But as soon as Chelsea made it clear that they would only start talking at a ridiculous £60 million to come to the table, we walked away.

I don’t know about Arsenal or Newcastle but he didn’t chose Utd over us. That I do know. Just like Bellingham, we were the ones who walked away. You just saw the opening when we did and paid them the silly money they wanted. Its no big mystery.

I’m not even getting into it on the supposed 3 biggest global club thing but thank you for clarifying.
Without going any further, I'll just say that you should ask yourself why would Liverpool walk away from MM deal and then spend 70 million on a player who's plays the same roles as MM just a few days later.
Like I said few months ago, there aint a single global superstar player who's going to join Liverpool over other top clubs. They've been rejecting Liverpool left and right for past few years. Highest profile players Liverpool signed in last 10 seasons are Thiago Alcantara and Mario Balotelli. While there's nothing wrong with that, and I really respect Liverpool for finding the good players in weaker teams, it does tell you just how big Liverpool are.
Anyway, moving on. It is really pointless to talk to you about Liverpool if there's anything slightly negative in the context.

Without going any further, I'll just say that you should ask yourself why would Liverpool walk away from MM deal and then spend 70 million on a player who's plays the same roles as MM just a few days later.
Like I said few months ago, there aint a single global superstar player who's going to join Liverpool over other top clubs. They've been rejecting Liverpool left and right for past few years. Highest profile players Liverpool signed in last 10 seasons are Thiago Alcantara and Mario Balotelli. While there's nothing wrong with that, and I really respect Liverpool for finding the good players in weaker teams, it does tell you just how big Liverpool are.
Anyway, moving on. It is really pointless to talk to you about Liverpool if there's anything slightly negative in the context.

Value for money.

But it wasn’t So Boss La that was the Mount alternative. It was Thuram. They had that all boxed and ready to go soon as the U21 Euros was over. £35 million and way less wages. Giving them even more scope for another and a CH. Chelsea wanting £60 million just to talk, on a lad who wasn’t even a regular in the last year of his contract just didn’t give value.

So Boss La hapened within a few days. He was one they’ve liked for a good few years but didn’t think they’d have a free run at. But then RBL pushed for Carvalho on loan and in those discussions, the clause was uncovered, he made it clear he would only come to us to rule the Geordies out, and bang, that was wrapped up within 48 hours out of nowhere and Thuram was left on the outside. (Don’t believe that's dead BTW. Just there's other options they are exploring.). Worked out perfect for them. Younger player than Mount, on less than half the wages on the trajectory to be one of the best attacking 10's in Europe.

Again, no great mystery. Value for money underpinned our whole summer when it became apparent they needed 4 or 5. If they hadn't, we'd be sat with Bellingham and probably Mount now.

But things change. That's football.

Dito you and Utd BTW oft times mate but that is what it is so we move on.

Last edited:
BTW, out of curiosity, what top players, that we know about (I'm sure there's a lot that hasn't got out as we tend to move in silence), do you think have rejected us over another top club?

I can think of one off the top of my head and that was mainly because Madrid's his club. Tchoumeni. (Sp?). Over the past 7 years since they went all in on Jurgen.

Looking forward to a game of ball (even though it's a friendly).
Been bored out of my face since getting a cancerous lump removed from my chest last Tuesday.
Can't work or garden or anything :rolleyes: 14 stitches to look after.
Damnnnn !! Hope your recovery goes well 👍🏼

Damnnnn !! Hope your recovery goes well 👍🏼

Thanks Mate.
Big lifestyle changes :confused: Been alcohol free for almost a month now (just to give my body the best chance).

Looking forward to the coming season. It looks like arsenal will be in the mix again, and it will be interesting to see how Newcastle push on from last season (and Poch at Chelsea of course).

Shaping up to be a good one (y)(y)

That I do know. Just like Bellingham, we were the ones who walked away. You just saw the opening when we did and paid them the silly money they wanted. Its no big mystery.
Bellingham snubbed you first. Pulling out when someone is not that interested coming to you is not you walking away first.

Pearce explained: “Finances aside, one important factor in LFC’s decision to drop out of the race was the fact that the Bellingham camp had not said that LFC was their destination of choice.

Ofcourse money played big part also. But you cant constantly say Pool snubbed others, specially with Jude as you have been talking 1-2 years like he is Pool player and he really wants to come. You sometimes sounded crazier than ToD compared to all the players Manchester United is buying and first eleven :D

Looking forward to a game of ball (even though it's a friendly).
Been bored out of my face since getting a cancerous lump removed from my chest last Tuesday.
Can't work or garden or anything :rolleyes: 14 stitches to look after.
Get well, hope all goes to better for you ;)

Yeah, finally games starting. We are putting decent team against you, only midfield is thin as intenational players aremissing + injuries. Will be good to see our new coach on the side line.

Bellingham snubbed you first. Pulling out when someone is not that interested coming to you is not you walking away first. ….:

No, he really didn’t. At all.

But don’t take my word for it mate. Or the word of every reliable journalist out there. Both here and in Germany. Facts are immaterial.

Instead, just believe the internet,. Steve in Stockport knows! 👍🏻

Last edited: