The Mattress-makers Revenge... a Brock_09 & ryangiggs11 joint story...

brock_09

Reaction score
This is a joint story between Brock_09 and ryangiggs11, we're both using Atlético Madrid in an attempt to break up the dominance of Barcelona and Real Madrid, we'll be updating every 4 games, will anyone be interested in following?

Intros to follow...

Good luck guys :) Keep this goin for at least a season. And make it good because theres ALOT of brilliant stories about.

thanks mate, dont worry ill keep this goin, ive done 5+ seasons with atleti before :) will you be following?

Good luck with this lads :)

I like Atleti so I would follow ;)

View attachment 40062

so the aim is simple ko real amdrid and barce sleeping giants in spain ath madrid

top 3 players are

View attachment 40063

be a legend at ath madrid if he stays on wonderkid know all over the footballing world

View attachment 40064

all time favs this lad has it all to be a top world class player in my eyes he all ready is

View attachment 40065

hes another wonderkid easy dubbed new cassilas so he have alot to prove under new boss

Last edited:
ill up date on transfer etc results every 4 games

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

oh my *** manager will take over freidleys just let u lot knw

Last edited:
View attachment 40085

The Atlético Madrid board today announced the appointment of Tom Brocklebank to the helm of their beloved club. In a shock decision, Quique Flores resigned after a training ground bust up and a subsequent argument with chairman Enrique Cherezo, and Los Colchoneros board reacted swiftly to hopefully bring back some stability.

View attachment 40087
In an interview with Marca, Tom Brocklebank outlined his intentions:
"Ive taken over at Atléti with the aim of breaking into the top two of la liga, it has been a while since this team has experienced any success, and i aim to take this club higher then they've ever been before. After speaking with Enrique i feel we both have a clear understanding of where we want this club to be in the future, the are willing to be patient, as we all know this wont be an overnight success story. They have also given me their full backing, and i cant wait to get to the training ground!"

Tom Brocklebank is most known for his preferrence of the standard 4-3-3 system, and our correspondents understand this is the system Tom will be implementing over the coming months. Tom's transfer policy is well known for his young acquisitions, and it is interesting to see who he brings in over this transfer window.

Mr. Brocklebank was clear to say he doesnt have player preferences, and his selections will be purely on form, giving the likes of the young Borja Gonzáles and David De Gea the hope of a chance of first team football. Although, Tom did point out the players he expects to perform over the coming seasons,

View attachment 40086

the Argentinian international Sergio Aguero was outlined for his goal-scoring and creative ability for both club and country.

Tom also made it clear he has formulated his plans regarding the transfer window, and he has said that he will be an active member, with players and staff, and it looks like the current backroom staff will be more or less over thrown.

Marca will be following this story of the coming days, and updates are expected soon...
Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg

aha nah, epic fail on the marca header :p

thanks fred :) we'll try n keep it interesting

I will follow! But Ryangiggs could you please sort your spelling out! It is making it hard to read

No Offence :)

18/08/2009

Tom Brocklebank stayed true to his word, as he dipped his toe, foot and leg into the transfer market...
A flurry of transfer activity was seen from the first week, with a total of 5 players leaving Vicente Calderon within the first few days. A total of £47m has been made from selling players, with notable sales including the much speculated Maxi Rodriguez and his move to Manchester City being accomplised for a total of £20.5m, José Antonio Reyes was acquired my Olympique Lyonnais for £9m and English Premier League title hopes Chelsea paid £5.5m for Florent Sinama-Pongolle. Tom subsequently used this cash to invest in a total of 8 players costing £29m, notable acquisitions included Migual Veloso from Sporting CP for £15m+Pablo, Claude Makelele from PSG for £1.6m and Nicolas Otamendi for £4.2m from Argentinian utfit Velez. A round up of the transfers:

View attachment 40102

Tom Brocklebank seems to have brought instant success to Los Rojiblancos by managing an unbeaten pre-season. Mr. Brocklebank initially planned to have at least two games against current La Liga opposition, and he stayed true to his word by arranging friendlies against Zaragoza, Osasuna and Athletic Bilbao, he also had pre-arranged fixtures against Amorós and Rayo Majadahonda. Results are as follows:

View attachment 40110

View attachment 40111

View attachment 40112

View attachment 40113

View attachment 40114

Atlético are next in action against French giants Olympique Lyonnais in the Champions Cup best placed play off. As always Marca will be following the coverage, and results will be posted...

(sorry about the screenies, was using print screen, will use FM's way from now on)

oh yes i am manager of columbia, got offered the job so i took it, but i wont update on that because itll be too much :)

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

if you want any screenshots of anything, just ask :)

Sorry, just got back home, does the offer still stand? :)
Anyway, if I can't join, I'll follow this story cause I really like Atletico :D

edit: the thing is that I've already played half a season...

Last edited:
How have you got Columbia job already :O What's your reputation

oh sorry mate :\ id love for you to join :D but i rekon 3 people posting will make it a bit confusing :\ ill see what other people think, im not very experienced at stories :p as you can all probs tell

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

i set it to automatic, applied for scotland, turkey and columbia, and columbia said that they wanted me, so i took it :)