The Mattress-makers Revenge... a Brock_09 & ryangiggs11 joint story...

View attachment 40401
19/08/09
Atlético Madrid today get their first taste of competitive football under new boss Tom Brocklebank. It's expected that success is achieved from the off, and Olympique Lyonnais are out to ruin any plans of a winning start.

The main threat for Los Indios is in-form striker Diego Forlán, who bagged himself 8 goals in 5 appearances in pre-season, with an average rating upwards of 8.00.

The match will be played at Estadio Vicente Calderón, and kick-off will be at 19:45, coverage starting at 19:00 here at Marca, through live online streaming, radio commentary and television...

View attachment 40376

View attachment 40377

A dissapointing match as far as Atlético had been predicted. Tom Brocklebank was obviously frustrated with his teams loss at home, in an interview after the match, Tom gave his opinions: "Well overall it wasn't a terrible performance, we can definately take positives from this game, we levelled it whilst playing with 10 men so that was one of them. It was an unlcuky penalty for Juanito to concede, but unfortunately that was the difference between us."
Asked on what action Lacina Traoré will be facing on his red card, and his position in the team, Tom had this to say: "The managerial staff have decided to fine Lacina one weeks wages, as it was a silly foul to give away and we don't tolerate that kind of behaviour. He will have to show me over the coming weeks whether he's worth a place in the team, and he's been banned for the next two matches so he can focus on training for now."

The second leg was shown here on Marca, and here's the post-match information.

View attachment 40388

View attachment 40388

Tom Brocklebank was clearly pleased with the draw, as his team weren't favourites for the match, but he will obviously be dissapointed that his team were one goal away from salvaging extra-time.

(ive decided not to write as much, it'll get boring for you lot, and give me arm ache :p )

Atlético Madrid have completed the signing of transfer-listed Paulo Ferreira from Chelsea. Tom Brocklebank was desperate to recruit more players for the back line in a bid to bolster his team for the coming season. The transfer was completed at a cut-price £1.6m.

View attachment 40391

27/08/09

The La Liga season draws nearer, and with it the prospect of Tom Brocklebank getting his first chance at playing one of the clubs he outlined in his bid for success. Barcelona will be playing at home against Atlético, and Tom Brocklebank has already made modifications to his tactics.
Sticking with his favoured 4-3-3, in training it appears he is using a defensive playmaker in the centre of midfield, with the usual attacking centre mids either side providing support to the 3-pronged attack. The forwards have been changed back to his favoured system of 2 deep-lying forwards either side of a poacher, his team seem to be playing more rigid than they were, with forwards less likely to defend and vice-versa.

31/08/09

Today sees Atlético Madrid travel to Barcelona int heir first math of the Liga BBVA season, expectations are high for the overall season, but few can see Atléti salvaging at least point against the Catalans, with them being Evens to win.
Tom Brocklebank chooses a counter-attacking mentality to start the match...
An entertaining first half is brought to a close at the Camp Nou with the score at 1-0 to Barcelona, an early substitution for Atléti saw them bring off injured Ujfalusi, and bring on Jaunito out of place at right back.
View attachment 40407
A deserved 2-0 win by Barcelona, and the fansites forums have already been flooded with Tom Brocklebank being asked to change his tactics before a losing streak occurs.
View attachment 40408
View attachment 40438

Atléti's next league match is agaisnt Getafe, and it will be interesting to see how Tom Brocklebank's side recover from the early setbacks. As always, Marca will be covering the action from every perspective...

unlucky to lyon m8 i continue tommorow on fifa tonight hard start we both had wish i not made cl groups lol but i like a challenge

View attachment 40458
View attachment 40457 Today Madrid correspondent José Tejón Sanz watched Atlético Madrid in action at their training ground in Madrid at Ciudad Deportiva del Nuevo Cerro del Espino. And as expected, a change in tactics were seen from the head coach, the team appeared to be training into a slight variant of the 4-3-3 system, which was largely successful in pre-season for Los Colchoneros, playing instead with a lone striker playing as an attacking target man, with 2 attack minded wing men, which in turn saw star player Sergio Aguero begin training into his new position of left wing.
View attachment 40469 He is already competent in this position, after being played there by his country and his previous club Independiente.
The central of the midfield triplet being brought back into a defensive midfield position, but still with a playmaker role.
The change looks to be working, and it will be good to see how this change benefits the team...

yeah, terrible start for me, looks like 4-3-3 isnt working, ill be goin back to old reliable from my past save :p good luck with you mate :)

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

well at least my international management is goin well, unbeaten, taken my team into 5th in the south american world cup quals, might end up makin a seperate story about them :p

i hope people still following this i do alot more games tommorow

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

i sorry lads i had to re do sevilla course my pc did not save had windows update stupid computer but any way am not cheating just bit of bad timing so i do some games today hope you all injeoy the out come

have got inter next hope brock is still doing his game

View attachment 41110

ath madrid 3 games looking for win but we have had tough games valencia real hope fully now that all be hinde us and we get back to winning ways

zaragoza next had **** of alot of top players out s well still think can make it to 3rd long way to go

View attachment 41114

doing 2nd leg of copa de ray then of to bed

hope have better run of games tommorow

View attachment 41115

end the night on a high

View attachment 41116

i think 4th is a good finnish get into cl again bring in some players but i keep fighting for higher hope to win at least 1 trophy

brock are you still doing this course no1 seems to be bothered about the story so not much point in dong it m8 i just continue my game on my own

brock are you still doing this course no1 seems to be bothered about the story so not much point in dong it m8 i just continue my game on my own
im sure there are people following this, although they may not comment all the time. i hope that you guys will keep this going though.

not commenting ≠ not following

is there any way you can re load a deleted saved game i deleted my everton game and this one by mistake?

so hard to complete two top storys like the wolfburg ones and kingerick ones have to say one best one on here

kept gettin injuries to might have to start fresh with ath madrid again as i do like doing it i just stop as no1 was following

but if people want me to do it i will do ath madrid from the start and set up my own thread

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

an admin might as well close this thread as no1 is truely fussed on it but i start a new game to day but not makin it in to a story but if you intrested on how i get on pm me i let you know

Last edited by a moderator: