The Missioners: A Hayes & Yeading Story

Tom26

Kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
View attachment 54169View attachment 54170
First attempt at kits so please be nice (A)
Hayes and Yeading were founded in May 2007 when Hayes FC and Yeading Fc merged to secure the clubs long term future. This was agreed between the two clubs chairmen, Derek Goodall and Phillip Spurden.

The club has had little major success in the English league system and they play there football in the Blue Square Premier League. The club play their home game at Church Road. Hayes and Yeading's badge has the motto "Porro Simul" on the top which, translated from Latin, means foward together.

Manager Hired
View attachment 54168
Click to Enlarge

The clubs chairman, Derek Goodall, had this to say: "I'm very pleased to announce that the club has signed Tom. Although he is relatively unknown we believe that he has what it takes to take this club to the next level."
When asked about the clubs former manager Garry Haylock Mr Goodall replied: "We are very sorry to have to sack Garry. However he just did not have a good relationship with the players and that is very important to have. We wish him the best of luck."

Tom was asked what his aims were for the season ahead and further into the future he had this to say: "Well this season I am hoping for a good mid-table finish. This would be fantastic as we are predicted to be relegated this season. In the 2nd season I would like to be pushing the club for promotion and then see how we go from there."

Pre-season and transfers update soon..

Good luck, and decent kits for your first go...

very Nice kits nice lay out bets of luck i try and follow as much as i can.

Good luck.

It's so poncy for a modern club to have a latin motto.

Pre-season
I will just provide a screenshot of the pre-season. Overall i think we did ok. Dissapointed with the result against the reserves but we have come back from that now with some good results towards the end.
View attachment 54264

Transfers​
In the transfer window i decided not to let anyone go. Not that i had any bids for players as it is! I am happy with the players I bought in for free. However i am mainly happy with the players I bought in on loan. Luke Freeman will be brilliant this season i think up front. I'm also very happy with the signing of Andrea Zola and Dale Bennett.​
View attachment 54263

August

A tough home fixture against Kidderminster. However thanks to Luke Freeman we got a good first point. The club really worked for it and i think the scoreline reflects what we deserved.
View attachment 54265

We had a very tough fixture here yet again but the lads showed good spirit and we did very well at the back to keep out Stevenage. However, yet again, the point is what we deserved.
View attachment 54266

When we went into this game i wanted to pick up our first win of the season. Both teams were predicted to finish around the same position and, as we had played very well against teams better than us, I thought we would get our first win of the season. However today we just never looked like scoring. We dominated the game towards the end but a bit of luck snuck us the point. Another goal for Luke in the game and he is looking like he could be a very good player for us this season.
View attachment 54267

Yet another draw. We still remain unbeaten in the league and this has helped us in the table as we are slowly moving up. Luckily Fitzgerald scored in the last few seconds of the game which was a major relief. Unfortunatly Freeman was ruled out for around 6 weeks which is a big blow to the team.
View attachment 54268

Finally a win! Scott Fitzgerald scored a very good goal againzt york just after the ref blew for the start of the second half. *** put us under a lot of pressure with his red card but we did very well to hold on and im very proud of the result.
View attachment 54270

And another win. The team are starting to play really well with eachother. The defence and goalkeeper played very well to stop Ebbsfleet getting a goal and another late goal by Cadmore gave us the win. This gives us a 6 game unbeaten run which doesn't look like ending soon.
View attachment 54271

Our first victory by more than 1 goal. We were on top for the majority of the game and Salisbury never looked like getting anything from the game. I'm very pleased that the team has responded so well without Freeman in the team. I hope they continue to keep this up with him being out for another 3-5 weeks.
View attachment 54272

Goal Of The Month
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MjHCDWcWgs"]YouTube- FM 2010 Hayes & Yeading goal[/ame]
The goal is the winner against York scored by Fitzgerald.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 54273
Cadmore has been very solid at the back and has ended the month with even a goal. Very pleased with the captain and he is showing how it should be done. Hope to see more the same from him and the team who, as a whole, have been playing very well.​

Last edited:
Frankie is going to love you.

good luck

Yer sorry about that just fixed it. Dunno what happened but some got deleted then it wouldnt fix :S.

League Table
View attachment 54274
Well for a team predicted 22nd by the media I think that we are doing a good job. We havent lost a game yet and the only other team to do so are Kidderminster. Hope to keep this up in the next month.​

Last edited:
Good work, keep it up :) i think ull get 3rd!

Just a predicition :)

:wub: Good luck, I got them to the EPL in 9 years. :D

Cheers for the comments guys. And If I do that Frankie I shall be a very happy man ;)

September​

View attachment 54449
Oh dear is all I can say. A bit of a reality check I guess however I was not expecting this. Gateshead was the better team and deserved to win however the score line flatters them. We did not seem to threaten Gateshead and the 2 shots on target were not even great chances. We have to try and put this defeat behind us and win the next.

View attachment 54450
Yet another draw to add to the tally for the team. One of those games which neither side looked to win. Despite Forest Green having the more chances they never looked like scoring and neither did we. The penalty was a very big scare but he hit it wide and that was the closest anyone got.

View attachment 54451
A good win against a squad that we were expected to beat. After we went 3-0 in the 1st half I expected an easy, smooth ride to the final whistle. Unfortunately Tamworth didn’t agree and went on to score 2 in quick succession. However; we held on to a win that we deserved and I am pleased with the performance of the 2 strikers’ grapping all the goals.

View attachment 54452
I was very angry with the officials in this game. A penalty to each team was given by the ref, both looking dubious, and only one scored by Histon. The game itself was very poor and a draw would have been a fair result. When I argued that the penalty was an abysmal decision the FA were silent and did not comment. It was a Shambles! That was the only talking point in this relatively uneventful game.

View attachment 54453
The game against Eastbourne was one that we were predicted to lose. However the prediction was wrong and we came away with a good point. Eastbourne were properly the better side and will feel a little angry that they could not score. However I share the same thoughts. Despite them having more shots we had the best chances and just couldn't bury them.

View attachment 54454
Mansfield was a team that the media and I both thought we would lose to. However the first half we played very well. Created chances and kept them at bay. I thought that the team would prove the public, and me, wrong and get a very good point here. This wasn't to be and we conceded 2 goals which should have been dealt with. Firstly a very good header which was brought on by us giving them too much space and time on the ball. Then a clumsy challenge by Adam Green led to yet another penalty to opposition. We then had some good chances with 5 minutes to go. Though the finishing was not too a good standard and the chances were wasted.

View attachment 54455
O what a game! The start of the game was very promising with the return of Luke Freeman. I was hoping that this would be a good boost after the defeat to Mansfield. This was proved right and the first half was a dream. The lads were passing it well and in total control. I was not surprised when we went one goal up. A second was then scored. Then a third in the space of 8 minutes! When the second half started I expected the lads to sit back and hold on to the lead. This was not the case. Within 8 minutes Bennett scored a goal directly from a corner! Class or luck? Properly luck but I was not complaining. Very soon after Kettering got a goal and this was a turning point. A few minutes later and they got another goal then, just after two minutes, another! Luckily we held on to the three points but another shaky game with errors at the back.​

Month Review
Well I guess it is was a month of ups and downs. We got some great wins but we also drops points very stupidly. I think that, despite dropping 7 places in the table, we are still looking like we could maybe just edge that play-off spot which is more than I was hoping for. It is still early on in the season though and everything can change....
View attachment 54456

Goal of The Month
I have 2 goals instead of just 1. The first is by Michael Standing who scores a great goal in the Kettering game. The other is the goal of pure "class" from Dale Bennett as he scores from a corner. Enjoy.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GjkUrBFGI"]YouTube- fm 2010-04-10 Standing[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfXMoSAX6M"]YouTube- fm 2010-04-10 Corner H&Y[/ame]

Player of The Month
Not many of the players performed amazingly. However, if I had to pick, Justin Cochrane was the best player of the lot. The CM didn't play in all the games but got an assist and a MOM
View attachment 54457

I meant to say 8, sorry. Just to crank the pressure ;)

I will thrive under that pressure ;) But seriously well done :p

Good luck, a good choice of team, im in league 2 2nd with kidderminster, hope you have the same fate

Thanks. Yer im enjoying it as I dont normally do LLM. Just had a quick look at yours and looking very good. If i'm doing that well I will be proud :)

a good few results there. what tactics u using? im sure next month will be better :)

I'm no expert at tactics but this tactic just seems to wok for me. If I think we need to go defensive i then put the wingers just to wide midfielders in a 4-4-2 formation :)
View attachment 54485

ah cool. LLM storys who use there own tactics is more challanging and a better read :)

Cheers. Hopefully another update today.