The new Invincibles --> Buy/Sell for Arsenal...

• Thread starter Thread starter Rinas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 11K

Rinas

Reaction score
Hi,I'm starting a new game with Arsenal and I've been given 44.5M of transfer budget :P

So, what I need now is suggestion who should i buy and sell to make this team strong enough to win everything...

My plans were:

Sell : Adebayor,Van Persie, Rosicky, Eboue, Silvestre, Toure, Fabianski

I'm selling adebayor and toure because they aren't at arsenal anymore but i don't own the original version of FM 09 so i can't use the latest update:P

Buy some of these players : Miguel Veloso, Franck Ribery, Darijo Srna, Alan Dzagoev, Micah Richards, Mamadou Sakho, Sergio Asenjo...Also i need help finding a really good Striker that can play with Vela up front

Those would be my "main" targets although i don't think I'm gonna have enough money for ALL of them since I don't cheat using editors and stuff like that...So feel free to recommend me some players for arsenal, but don't recommend me players like C.Ronaldo,L.Messi etc etc, because It's nearly impossible to get them in the first season

I will use the 4-4-2 formation with the wenger tactics...

Definitely a CB like Fazio, an attacking full back like Srna, probably a goalie like Akinfeev, a CM I'd recommend is Veloso and a striker perhaps in the ''target man'' mould but unfortunately I can't really think of one. Hope it helps (Y)

Definitely a CB like Fazio, an attacking full back like Srna, probably a goalie like Akinfeev, a CM I'd recommend is Veloso and a striker perhaps in the ''target man'' mould but unfortunately I can't really think of one. Hope it helps (Y)

I wouldn't buy fazio because i plan to buy richards and sakho, they become immense after 1-2 seasons...But i will scout him and see what the scout will tell me, I think that he costs less than richards

Srna already is on my radar :P

Yes, I planned on playing fabregas and veloso CM...

I will see about Akinfeev but I wanted to buy Asenjo , he would be my no.1 goalie because that way he would improve much faster with Tug's training...

that's what I wanted, a target striker, tall and strong, I thought of Ibrahimovic but when I saw his value I realised that i will need to sell 1/2 of my squad to buy him XD

Thx

So I was thinking about something like this

Asenjo

Srna Richards Sakho clichy

Walcott Fabregas Veloso Ribery

???????? Vela

Last edited:
Cardozo as a good target man?

Personally he wasn't any good for me, but a lot of people have said he's awesome.

Or Pogrebnyak.

Hi,I'm starting a new game with Arsenal and I've been given 44.5M of transfer budget :P

So, what I need now is suggestion who should i buy and sell to make this team strong enough to win everything...

My plans were:

Sell : Adebayor,Van Persie, Rosicky, Eboue, Silvestre, Toure, Fabianski

I'm selling adebayor and toure because they aren't at arsenal anymore but i don't own the original version of FM 09 so i can't use the latest update:P

Buy some of these players : Miguel Veloso, Franck Ribery, Darijo Srna, Alan Dzagoev, Micah Richards, Mamadou Sakho, Sergio Asenjo...Also i need help finding a really good Striker that can play with Vela up front

Those would be my "main" targets although i don't think I'm gonna have enough money for ALL of them since I don't cheat using editors and stuff like that...So feel free to recommend me some players for arsenal, but don't recommend me players like C.Ronaldo,L.Messi etc etc, because It's nearly impossible to get them in the first season

I will use the 4-4-2 formation with the wenger tactics...

if you don`t own the orginal version of the game what do you use to play it? steam?or a pirate copy?

Cardozo as a good target man?

Personally he wasn't any good for me, but a lot of people have said he's awesome.

Or Pogrebnyak.

Oscar Cardozo ?

I scouted him and the scout told me that I should sing him only as a last resort...

I'm looking for a world class target man that can partner Vela up front...

Trust buy cardozo, scouts don't know him, he plays so well, he finished with 20 goals in the serie A for my napoli team :D

if you don`t own the orginal version of the game what do you use to play it? steam?or a pirate copy?

A pirate copy...

Im playing the fm 09 until fm 10 comes out then I'm gonna buy the original :D

Ok,so it's Cardozo then...

Any recommendations for backups ?

yep, he really would work well with vela.

hes one of my favourite FM09 players

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Marquinhos

I did something like this with Arsenal, Tymoschuk (DM) is a good investment as is Handanovic (GK) from Udinese.
Other good players are:
Fazio
Sakho
Srna
Razvan Rat (as backup LB)
Jefferson Farfan
Necid
Richards
Ben Arfa
Yannis Tafer (doesn't appear good to scouts but turns out amazing in 2-3 years)
Laurito
Fabien Delph
Wheater
Ireland
Banega
Diego
Ekdal
Ekici
Jerome Boateng (versatile, doesn't seem good to scouts either but also turns out class)

Ok so the squad should look like this...

Asenjo

Srna Richards Sakho Clichy

Walcott Fabregas Veloso Ribery

Cardozo Vela

Subs:

W.Gallas
Sagna
Bendtner
Eduardo (ST)
Eduardo (LB from Brazil, backup for clichy)
Nasri
Ramsey
Diaby
Denilson
Eboue
Marquinhos
Mannone
Almunia

Anymore ideas ?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

I did something like this with Arsenal, Tymoschuk (DM) is a good investment as is Handanovic (GK) from Udinese.
Other good players are:
Fazio
Sakho
Srna
Razvan Rat (as backup LB)
Jefferson Farfan
Necid
Richards
Ben Arfa
Yannis Tafer (doesn't appear good to scouts but turns out amazing in 2-3 years)
Laurito
Fabien Delph
Wheater
Ireland
Banega
Diego
Ekdal
Ekici
Jerome Boateng (versatile, doesn't seem good to scouts either but also turns out class)

I will see about ben arfa and Diego :)

Btw,should I buy Dzagoev, the scouts told me he would be a quality signing, does he get good after a couple of seasons ?

From what I have seen mate, Dzagoev's stats get amazing after a couple of seasons but I don't really know about how well he plays.

Back