Liverpool-FC-icon.png

LFC confirm signing of Eden Hazard and Arturo Vidal

Liverpool Football Club have announced that they have reached an agreement to sign Lille midfielder Eden Hazard and Leverkusen midfielder Arturo Vidal .
These moves come in light of solving the midfield creativity problem that the club has had for the past few seasons.

Hazard is just 19 years old , and Arsenal were firmly behind him bidding for 13 million which was turned down by Lille . Liverpool bid for 16 million points for Lille which was accepted by the Lille chairman . Hazard had just signed a contract few days back.
When asked Villas Boas about Hazard he said " Eden is a wonderful player, I had watched him a few times when i was under Mourinho at Inter , he certainly looked like a player who had great potential .Hopefully he lives up to his reputation and performs well.
A33086711268337304A.jpg

New Liverpool signing Hazard

On the other hand Vidal is both an Attacking Midfielder as well as an able Defensive Midfielder. He has got the range of passing and can tackle pretty well . He is signed for a fee of 15 million pounds . Liverpool again had to bid against Manchester City for his signature . City also offered him a contract but Vidal wanted to be part of the revolution at Liverpool . Liverpool fans have said that they have missed Xabi Alonso since his departure to Real Madrid . This perhaps is a move which may bring back the memories about Alonso.
Vidal is 23 and has the best years in front of him . Known to be a no nonsense type of DM , he is also an able passer and can contribute in the final third as well .
arturo_vidal-200x200.jpg

Arturo Vidal

Would Vidal's signature also help Liverpool to get Sanchez (based on the Chilean connection) , only time will tell .
Villas Boas has perhaps taken a few major steps in building a team for the future . Will it pay dividends?
Villas Boas faces his first competitive game in charge of Liverpool in a few days (EUROPA LEAGUE Qualification).

Great update mate...:) Perhaps you should also sign a quality defender, just a suggestion mate

good story, look for a young defender like munoz or vertonghen, both around 10m mark and both very class defenders .. keep it up pal

Transfer Roundup
liverpool-fc.png

LFC confirm 2 big name signings

Liverpool football club have taken a huge step forward and acquired the services of Benfica player Fabio Coentrao and Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross .

With Hazard and Vidal being the 2 new signings earlier this week these signings would arguable delight the fans more .
Coentrao had a fantastic world cup in South Africa and was touted by huge clubs such as Real Madrid and AC Milan . But Liverpool put a step ahead when they bid 14 million for the star winger.Liverpool had their offer accepted as Coentrao wanted to move clubs .
Real Madrid were in the hunt for a new LB , but due to Marcelo's great form for the club refrained themselves for bidding for the young portuguese left back.

FABIO-COENTRAO-200x200.jpg

Fabio Coentrao

Shawcross was expected to sign for Liverpool. The Stoke captain was vocal for his admiration for Liverpool and had said that if Liverpool made any advances then he would leave the club . Earlier this week he said that his head was not a Stoke and he wanted to move on . Arsenal bid 10 million pounds for him , but stoke wanted 15 million pounds . Finally Liverpool showed their financial muscle and got Shawcross for 15 million pounds .
With Liverpool having as many as 5 CB's , one of them have to leave ! Which one of them will it be ? The question will be answered at the end of the week

N0180941292498529820A.jpg

Ryan Shawcross

Liverpool have also struck deals for striker Vaclav Kadlec from Sparta Praha and defensive midfielder Adam Vass from Brescia . Both are youngsters who could be the future of the club and the club have thus invested in them .This completes a transfer crazy week for Liverpool where they have managed to get Arturo Vidal, Eden Hazard,Fabio Coentrao , Ryan Shawcross,Vaclav Kadlec and Adam Vass

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Players want out of Liverpool

With the increasing number of people coming into the club , there have been a few players at the club that have started to feel insecure . Rumors are abuzz that a few players such a Martin Skrtel, Maxi Rodriguez and Joe Cole have asked the Manager Andre Villas Boas to clarify their roles at the club . With the increasing number of young players coming in , it is expected that these players would not get starts and would have to warm the bench . Maxi Rodriguez has already put in a transfer request , Sunderland seems his likely destination with the club looking to bid around 5.75 million pounds for his services .
Joe Cole has seemed to lose his form ever since his big injury during the start of last season and the much hyped free transfer from Chelsea to Liverpool now appears a dud !
Skrtel on the other hand has had a good season ! He was instrumental in Liverpool getting victories over the other top 4 clubs last season . His form dipped considerably and he never had the same influence over the game again . Without even a single game being played yet . Do these players know their future already? or have the already given up ?

OUT ALREADY?
2151.jpg
JoeCole-200x200.jpg
af29176fb5661f39e726a8f9d7420f42.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

good story, look for a young defender like munoz or vertonghen, both around 10m mark and both very class defenders .. keep it up pal

Thanx mate , I got shawcross because he s English
keep following !

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

great update, cant wait til season starts, fingers crossed,i ok at mo drew united 4-4 lmao

:) , I am waiting for the season to start to , have the merseyside derby as the first game of the season ! :)

Last edited:

Thanx mate , I got shawcross because he s English
keep following...

isn't a bad signing and shame to see joe cole wanting to go tbh .. he is a good player always scores goals for me and assists .. have him either Lm (wide winger ... cross ball deep) AML ( inside forward ... cross ball byline ) AMC ( Traq ... shoot long range rarely and through balls 3/4's up ) that should help .. make him play well

good luck against everton pal

Shawcross is awesome for me and scores important goals too!
Great signing!!

Ooooh Liverpool ;D I think i'll keep my eye on this one :)

Well done so far and great transfers as well.
I bought Hazard on my Liverpool Save and he is amazing, average rating of 7.7 I think, I bought in Balasz Dszudszak as well and he seems to score most matches even though he is a winger.

I tend to play Joe Cole on the right with Gerrard and Hazard in the centre and Dszudszak on the left and I managed to win the Prem, but that was before Torres had left so i'm looking forward to seeing some different tactics :D

Good Luck

Liverpool-FC-icon.png

Liverpool win bidding war to land Sanchez

Liverpool have pipped their other contenders to sign Chilean sensation Alexis Sanchez . A fee in the region of 35 million pounds has been agreed with the two clubs . With Real Madrid not bidding for Sanchez , Liverpool were up against a were determined Manchester City who bid the same for Sanchez . But Sanchez decided that Liverpool were the best team for him .

Another Chilean Arturo Vidal might have been one of the reasons for Sanchez to come here . Vidal is said to have talked to Sanchez about Liverpool and how things work here at Liverpool and thats helped him make up his mind .

Team boss Andre Villas Boas said "He is an awesome player . Young and very pacy , something that we really want in a player.He has been the shining light for Udinese this season and i hope he shines as brightly here at Liverpool".

Liverpool fans are clearly over the moon with this signing and now have a team that can compete for every prize there is . Andre Villas Boas has made a few good deals for the club and now has players that can shake up the premier league for good .
Alexis-Sanchez.jpg

In other transfer news , Maxi Rodriguez is said to have agreed terms with Sunderland in a 5.75 million pounds
"He was always wanting a way out of Liverpool when he realized that he was not going to get enough opportunities to play for the club . We respect his decision and wish him luck at Sunderland"

Also Liverpool have snubbed Manchester City's interest in Daniel Agger. Liverpool recently rejected a 20 million pound bid for the Danish center back
,which clearly shows that Liverpool are building a team for the future . The 23 year old defender has said that he is happy at the club and would not even think about a move to Eastlands.

What are the plans for the other players like Dirk Kuyt, Milan Jovonavic, and Poulsen? Are they still needed at the club?

Poulsen looks doomed with Lucas and Vidal at the club (6)

some big spending here buddy, using your budget well :)

Well Yes , the squad needed a lot of improvement ! i might be in the market for one more striker , a poacher probably ! Vaclav is young and will need experience!

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

What are the plans for the other players like Dirk Kuyt, Milan Jovonavic, and Poulsen? Are they still needed at the club?

Poulsen looks doomed with Lucas and Vidal at the club (6)

Kuyt will stay , he wants to play for the club and will not whine when not given chances !

Poulsen , Konchesky will definitely be out ! Jovanovic will be a backup until he doesnt complain , will give him a run in the Europa League

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:17 PM ----------

The Opening day of the season

Liverpool kick off their campaign with a game against their fiercest rivals Everton.
liverpool-fc-logo-200x200_01.gif
brand.gif

1300984145525066.jpg

Liverpool beat Everton today at Anfield by 2-1 . In what was Andre Villas Boas' first game , the much hyped head coach played with a lot of his new players . Andy Carroll and Shawcross scored the two goals for Liverpool while Louis Saha scored a goal for Everton .
A strong 40 k plus crowd came to see the game and were delighted when Carroll scored a fine goal in the 22 minute . Gerrard- Suarez - Carroll played a triangle and Suarez set Carroll free who ran free of the defender and passed the ball into the net . Liverpool looked very much the dominant force in the first half . Hazard cutting in visciously and putting in quality crosses , whereas Vidal provided the much needed steel in midfield when Gerrard made the runs forward.

The second half proved to be a fiery affair with both teams given several warnings..Louis Saha.Cahill slided the ball through to Jermain Beckford who hit the ball with real pace , Reina could only put his fingertips to it and the ball fell kindly for Saha who scored the rebound.

Just after the goal Everton went on the attack with Baines bombing forward with every opportunity provided and providing quality balls , But the Liverpool center halves were up to the task. Against the run of play , Liverpool won a corner and a great inswinging delivery from Hazard was met by Shawcross and the ball flew into the net .

Everton pressed on but Villas Boas' men held on to get their first points of the season .

Man Of The Match : Ryan Shawcross

Moment Of The Match : Louis Saha's goal(Because it was then that Everton really had the self belief that they could go and win this )

Shawcross-Gettyimages200.jpg

Man Of The Match : Ryan Shawcross
vlJfR.png

Nice result...:) Plenty more updates on mine story tonyt...so look out!

Glad to see Shawcross score for you he is top quality!!
How much did you spend in total?

Glad to see Shawcross score for you he is top quality!!
How much did you spend in total?

Sanchez cost me around 30 million and 3 more players in the 15 million bracket . and a few good deals here and there , total 90 million !

Looking to sign Vagner Love .. Is he good ?
I need a poacher !!

I signed Shawcross for 14 million .

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Nice result...:) Plenty more updates on mine story tonyt...so look out!

Thanks man ! I still cant get Carroll to score goals for me !

What do i do with him ?

Updates coming soon , watch out

Keep him as a target man, i suppose and keep supply to head...i think that might work..

Keep him as a target man, i suppose and keep supply to head...i think that might work..

Yeah i did ! it still isnt working that way , he nods a few down but not a lot , maybe i have to shift to a direct game for him to play well . i mean Suarez drops deep to get the ball and then he s like isolated up front ! Do you think i ll have to play 3 strikers then ?