The Non-League Football Thread.

Giggles

Reaction score
thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

This thread is similar too Jonesy's Football League Thread- Except, of course it is for the Lower-Leagues. All levels from the Blue Square Premier too your 17th Tier, Sunday-League. I'll try and keep the place updated, with tables, results and key news.

I know there's not many Non League Fans around the Base, but I'm sure there can still be a mature, and fun discussion about the Non-League. The Non-League Pyramid is explained from the BBC, here; BBC Sport - Football - Guide to the Non-League Pyramid

Blue Square Premier Table- BlueSq Premier Latest news on the new Blue Square Premier, North and South season

Blue Square South Table- BlueSq South Latest news on the new Blue Square Premier, North and South season
Blue Square North Table- BlueSq North Latest news on the new Blue Square Premier, North and South season

Ryan Premier League Table- Table & Standings :: Ryman Isthmian Football League :: Premier Division | Goalrun
Evo-Stick Northern Premier- The Evo-Stik Northern Premier League - League Tables | www.evostikleague.co.uk
Evo-Stick Southern Premier- Evostik League Southern
Week One- Fixtures.

Blue Square Premier.

Friday 12th August 2011-

Forest Green v Stockport County

Saturday 13th August 2011-

Barrow v Tamworth
Darlington v Braintree
Ebbsfleet United v York
Grimsby v Fleetwood Town
Hayes & Yeading v Alferton Town
Kettering v Newport County
Kidderminster v Gateshead
Mansfield v Bath City
Southport v Lincoln City
Wrexham v Cambridge United
AFC Telford v Luton

- With the start of the season ahead, I'm predicting Luton to win the league, finally. They've got the biggest fan-base, and one of the best squads. If they don't get promoted this year, I think Luton Town might have to start getting used to life in Non-League. Lincoln will be strong-contenders, with Grimsby. Fleetwood will lead a playoff push, and I have high hopes for Cambridge United.

Blue Square South-

Boreham Wood v Havant & Waterlooville
Chelmsford v Truro City
Dover v Dorchester
Eastbourne Borough v Farnborough
Eastleigh v Basingstoke
Hampton & Richmond v Bromley
Maidenhead United v Tonbridge Angels
Salisbury v Thurrock
Sutton Utd v Woking
Welling v Staines Town
Weston Super-Mare v Dartford

- Our friends from down South, Truro City, will be the newboys in the division. I don't think they will be relegated- Players like Barry Hayles and Stewart Yetton have good scoring records. I'm interested in Havant after their 'scalp' a few years back against Liverpool, but they've done nothing since. Maybe, they aren't up to that Conference Standard, I'm not sure.

Blue Square North

Bishops Stortford v Colwyn Bay
Eastwood Town v Droylsden
FC Halifax v Corby
Gainsborough v Solihull Moors
Guiseley v Hinckley Utd
Harrogate Town v Altrincham
Histon v Blyth Spartans
Hyde v Worcester
Nuneaton v Stalybridge
Vauxhall Motors v Gloucester
Workington v Boston Utd.

- My knowledge of Non-League Football will be shown here, but I'm suprised Boston are in the BSN. I remember travelling too a Torquay match once, and seeing them play Boston, but they've dropped quickly. I'm sure they will be one of the promotion favourites, but I also see Histon having a good season. We'll see how the season unfolds.

- I'm using this thread to keep everyone updated on Non-League Football, and too help my knowledge of it if/when Argyle drop into Non-League. I'll try and keep this thread updated with news/fixtures/results.

Woooooo, Gateshead and Thurrock, Thurrock will probably get relegated though, we should've been last year :D I'm more of a Gateshead fan but they'll probably just finish lower mid-table like always :(

Just what this forum needed. :)

WREXHAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM (if we can compete that is). ;)

My cousin plays for Huntingdon Town. He fracuted his shoulder saving a penalty.

Don't think I'll be watching Hayes & Yeading as much this season. It's no longer 'local', as we are groundsharing with Woking for the season.

I think Fleetwood are the team to watch though, expect them to go up.

I think Fleetwood are the team to watch though, expect them to go up.

Would agree with that, they have got some of the best attacking players in the league, but their defence could be a problem. It cost them promotion last season, and their manager has seemed to waste his budget on 29 strikers.

I think York will win the league myself, they are the team that no-one is tipping. Luton through the play-offs, for once. Unfortunately with off-field trouble, I fear my side Wrexham will finish in a poor 12th. :(

I know but it couldn't have been that bad because it was only 2 weeks ago and he was meant to be out for 4 weeks because this morning he was back in his part time job.

Is his name James Howarth?

Tonight or tomorrow we are to find out if we are being expelled. Looking very bleak, also so awkward the decision comes 4 days before the season starts. The suspension is killing me. :(

Tonight or tomorrow we are to find out if we are being expelled. Looking very bleak, also so awkward the decision comes 4 days before the season starts. The suspension is killing me. :(

Have to feel sorry for Wrexham. Haven't their players walked out on strike? It doesn't look good...