The Official Rangers Match Thread

I'm guessing this would be the thread to talk about Rangers...anyway, what do you guys think about the signing of Alejandro Bedoya? Do you think he'll get playing time? I hope he does well but he's already 24 (got stuck on a long contract in a crappy league I guess) so there's not much more room for improvement. Honestly I know little about him. He's really started playing with our NT a lot in the past year, and after we re-hired Bob Bradley after the WC I stopped watching our team in disgust so I've hardly seen him play. He's a decent winger with creativity and pace. I don't know how well he'll be suited to Scottish football or who you have on the wings right now but I really hope he gets playing time.

Trust me mate, if he's worse than Edu he'll be out on his ****. I think if he makes a good first impression he will be a mainstay, we really need creative.

Trust me mate, if he's worse than Edu he'll be out on his ****. I think if he makes a good first impression he will be a mainstay, we really need creative.

You don't like Edu? I always thought he was a really solid and versatile box-to-box midfielder.

Oh and what do you think about Bocanegra? He's old and slow but good in the air and has been a very consistent performer for us over the years. Also a good leader. I think he should be a good player for you this season although I'm not sure what your CB situation is.

You don't like Edu? I always thought he was a really solid and versatile box-to-box midfielder.

Oh and what do you think about Bocanegra? He's old and slow but good in the air and has been a very consistent performer for us over the years. Also a good leader. I think he should be a good player for you this season although I'm not sure what your CB situation is.

Edu is rubbish for Rangers, he isn't confident under pressure. Also i have always loved Bocanegra, the passion he exerts on the field is second to none! Also a born leader from the back to fill in for Weir.

---------- Post added 24/08/2011 at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was 22/08/2011 at 07:48 PM ----------

Predictions Rangers?
I am quietly optimistic.

Edu - biggest pile of gash i've seen play in a long time, that includes sebo at least he tried. Edu is lazy and i don't see what Walter saw in him and what ally see's in him now.

Bocanegra can be a very good player for us! and will be good at corners and set pieces I think. Was at the game on thursday and was impressed people blame him for the goal but I don't think he was to blame he done what he had to do.

Bedoya I can't comment on at all because I haven't seen him play but as long as he's quick and can cross a ball then i'll be happy if he's willing to drive at players and take them on good. we need 1 more striker and then i'd be happy with letting the youth come through the ranks and get rid of edu and play hutton or ness!

Just booked up my season ticket eventually as I have a job again so happy days :D

Typical Rangers fans view on Bocanegra: Good with the ball, good in the air, skillful, quick, dedicated, good leadership, but not got the height to be a Rangers player.

For me Edu isn't playing too well so far this season. His first touches are terrible, passing poor and looks lazy. Saying that when we decided to try and beat Maribor, Edu burst into life for all of 5 minutes and looked to cause trouble but he's just to casual and lazy.
Also Broadfoot is useless aswell. I'd much prefer to see McMillan playing there before Whittaker comes back into the team.

TRANSFER NEWS:
Rangers bid for Rhys Murphy
Rangers reject £7.5m from un-named Russian club for Nikica Jelavic.

TRANSFER NEWS:
Rangers bid for Rhys Murphy
Rangers reject £7.5m from un-named Russian club for Nikica Jelavic.

Also bid rejected from Leicester City. IMO even if we did accept a bid from the Foxes I can't imagine Jelavic leaving to join them? Besides it'd have been suicidal to accept any offer for Jelavic.

Heres hoping that a 8mil bid is accepted late tomorrow night and Rangers dont have time to find a replacement. The thought of Healy and Beatie uptop amuses me.

Rhys Murphy deal OFF!
No comings-or-goings expected at the Gers. Don't see why people are angry, i've been quite impressed by the business!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

My pal just text concerning Scot McDonald going back to could Glasgow... TO SIGN FOR US.
Dont know how much truth, but this cause a timplosion.

20million war-chest Timmy.

In:
Goian - 0.5mil
Wallace - 1.5mil
Ortiz - Free
Bocanegra - 0.5mil?
Bedoya - 0.5mil
McKay - Free???
Bartley (loan)

Out:
Bougrurra - 1.7mil
Hutton (loan)
Fleck (loan)
Beattie
Little (loan)

A spend of 1.3mil? War-chest at its best. Why is Whyte not getting stick from Rangers fans.
A 0.1million offer for Tashabala when Kieser Chiefs said they want 1mil seriously.

Rangers squad:
Gk:
McGregor
Alexander
Total - 2

Def:
Goian
Weir
Broadfoot
Papac
Wallace
Whittaker
Bocanegra
Bartley
Total -8

Mid:
McCulloch
Edu
Davis
Naismith
Ortiz
Bedoya
McKay
Ness
Wylde
Kerker
Total - 10

St:
Jelavic
Lagherty
Healy
Kane Hemmings
Total - 4

Are Rangers fans genuinely happy with that?
Real lack off depth. Investment was needed and Whyte didnt give it.
Do Rangers fans still believe Whyte has a War Chest?

scaled.php

Last edited:
Shay Given: You are a pathetic sad little man. So worried and quick to mock Rangers even though we have won 3 in a row. We dont have lack of depth, we have 24 men, one less than allowed in England. To be fair i don't know how many players celtic signed, but i know it wasn't many. I admire Whyte's business and rejecting £9m for Jelavic? brilliant.

Shay Given: You are a pathetic sad little man.
:'(

So worried and quick to mock Rangers even though we have won 3 in a row. We dont have lack of depth, we have 24 men, one less than allowed in England. To be fair i don't know how many players celtic signed, but i know it wasn't many. I admire Whyte's business and rejecting £9m for Jelavic? brilliant.
Teams in England are allowed 25 players over 21. Not an entire squad of 25. 24 is a decent number for a normal team but challenging for the title requires more depth imo.
We spent more money than Rangers despite not having a massive War chest.
It takes balls to reject that sort of money. But we have bettered you again.
Quote from Lawell "We had a 29 million pounds bid for Gary Hooper from an unnamed agent from an unknown club!!!!!"

Anyone who thinks Rangers would fabricate that is deluded.

I could say the same about Lawells quote.

Why the secrecy? This is the same team that hours earlier posted a lot of info about Leicester Cities bid. And have not been shy discussing transfers all through the window. Why now at the 24th hour?
The offer came from an "unnamed official" from an "unnamed club" on deadline day when Rangers have not spent the War Chest that they supposedly possess.
I actually think that anyone who beleives Rangers turned down 9mil for Jelavic is deluded.