The Official Rangers Match Thread

Both United and Madrid have astronomical debts.

Yes but the dept isnt a problem atm. Rangers problem is the tax cases and the fact that no banks will touch them if they do need to borrow money to repay the tax.

Whyte has promised he wont let the club go under when he took over.

Well you dont expect him to say that he would let in go under, would you?

He also said that Rangers would have 20million over 4 years to spend in the transfer market and that Ally could have 10mil of it this season to make his own mark on the team......
He also said he would clear the dept..........

He has took on the debt himself. He has £3.5m so far and theres plenty of time left (Wallace and Goian look like good business).
I have also heard on good word he will pay the HMRC case with his own money.

He has took on the debt himself. He has £3.5m so far and theres plenty of time left (Wallace and Goian look like good business).
I have also heard on good word he will pay the HMRC case with his own money.
3.5 - 1.9 (Bougerra(sp) money) He has spent 1.6mil on players. We have spent about 1.2mil on players and our board never claimed to have a Warchest.

3.5 - 1.9 (Bougerra(sp) money) He has spent 1.6mil on players. We have spent about 1.2mil on players and our board never claimed to have a Warchest.

the window isnt closed, and from what im hearing the transfer kitty also includes wages (something people forget about).

the window isnt closed, and from what im hearing the transfer kitty also includes wages (something people forget about).
True, but that is still no where near the 10mil mark that Whyte said would be available. Ally needs backing from Whyte, he has missed out on so many players already and now they are offering lower prices than they did at the start of the window. When a bid gets rejected and they come back a week later with a lower offer you have to question if the finances are available.

True, but that is still no where near the 10mil mark that Whyte said would be available. Ally needs backing from Whyte, he has missed out on so many players already and now they are offering lower prices than they did at the start of the window. When a bid gets rejected and they come back a week later with a lower offer you have to question if the finances are available.

Finances are available, but Rangers still have to be smart. Just because you have 10m doesnt mean you have to spend. Whyte is still finding issues with Rangers' book. It also doesn't mean finances arent available.

The most expensive part of any transfer is the wages, hence why they are being careful

Finances are available, but Rangers still have to be smart. Just because you have 10m doesnt mean you have to spend. Whyte is still finding issues with Rangers' book. It also doesn't mean finances arent available.

The most expensive part of any transfer is the wages, hence why they are being careful

They lost out on Miller because Cardiff bid less than 100k more.
They got a bid for Bedoya rejected and then came back with a lower bid for Bedoya.
They said they where interested in Goodwillie but then didnt put a serious bid in until he had all but signed for Blackburn.

I could be wrong and they could go and spend another 5mil before the window closes, but I wont be ;)

They lost out on Miller because Cardiff bid less than 100k more.
They got a bid for Bedoya rejected and then came back with a lower bid for Bedoya.
They said they where interested in Goodwillie but then didnt put a serious bid in until he had all but signed for Blackburn.

I could be wrong and they could go and spend another 5mil before the window closes, but I wont be ;)

Cardiff offered a considerably bigger wage... Bedoya's deal was lower up front and higher addon, overall a bigger deal.

Again not spending =/= no money, pretty simple really. Not sure why you question their set up prematurely

He was never Hearts back-up left-back, and wont be our's either. He was actually Hearts vice-captain. If you don't rate him as highly as the other guy then that doesn't make him second-choice, especially as your bias is creeping in. He also has been superb since joining.
We signed one more today and he can play in Europe tomorrow, as can Wilson if signed (unlikely). We have made great moves, Bartley is better than Mulgrew at any rate, Goian had a blinder at Caley Thistle and so did the bold Jamie Ness (of course you will remember him). We have made huge strides recently and will continue under the guidance of Mr Whyte.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Rangers looking at Scott McDonald apparently, lets hope not :p

The thread has been cleaned up XD

He was never Hearts back-up left-back, and wont be our's either. He was actually Hearts vice-captain. If you don't rate him as highly as the other guy then that doesn't make him second-choice, especially as your bias is creeping in. He also has been superb since joining.
Well it is a matter of opinion, I think Hearts brought Grainger in as a first choice but it is open to interpretation. I also think that Papac is quiet a bit ahead of Wallace but that is also just my opinion which you will probably dismiss as bias even though Papac plays for Rangers also.

We signed one more today and he can play in Europe tomorrow, as can Wilson if signed (unlikely).We have made great moves
Yea Bedoya - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihBWXwJRYEw&feature=player_embedded

Seriously though
looks a decent player but he is behind Edu in the USA set up. Most fans arent happy with Edu so I wouldnt say a great move.

Bartley is better than Mulgrew at any rate, Goian had a blinder at Caley Thistle and so did the bold Jamie Ness (of course you will remember him). We have made huge strides recently and will continue under the guidance of Mr Whyte.
And you say im bias? What are you judging Bartley on? His 3 games at cb for Rangers?
A blinder?Goian had nothing to do against ICT who are bottom of the table. I forgot he was playing at time until he went for a swim.
Ness is a very good player, I remember him scored a cracker against us in that game we dominated with 10men?

Im not saying you havent made huge strides latley but what are they? Drawing with Hearts? Losing to Malmo?

Last edited:
Maribor - Rangers

NK_Maribor.png
VERSUS-Logo-sm.jpg
badge_rangers.png

europa.png

NK Maribor
v Rangers

Europa League qualifying round, first leg
Venue: Ljudski vrt Stadium - Date: Thursday 18 August - Kick-off: 1945 BST

David Weir and Kyle Bartley did not travel for Rangers' Europa League qualifier against Maribor.
Skipper Weir failed to recover from a hamstring strain, while Bartley suffered a groin strain in the 2-0 win at Inverness at the weekend.
Lee McCulloch, who can operate at centre-half, did travel and looks set to recover from a knee injury.
Kyle Lafferty, who is recovering from a hernia operation, is with the squad but is highly unlikely to feature.
Sasa Papac and Steven Whittaker are suspended for the first leg tie in Slovenia.
Ross Perry replaced Bartley at Inverness and offers manager Ally McCoist cover at full-back and central defence.
And McCoist admits he is unlikely to add to his squad ahead of Thursday's kick off.
United States skipper Carlos Bocanegra is on the Ibrox radar, while attempts have been made to broker a deal to recruit Alejandro Bedoya from Swedish side Orebro immediately after the player agreed a pre-contract to arrive in January.
"There is no update at all unfortunately," said McCoist when quizzed about his transfer activity.
"It looks like, at this moment in time, the boys who have travelled will be the boys who will be asked to do the job."
Maribor eliminated Hibernian from the Europa League last year, easing to a 6-2 aggregate win.
But Rangers have beaten the Slovenians before, emerging comfortable 6-1 victors over two legs in 2001.
"Rangers are considered the favourites but we'll try to find their weaknesses and win," said Maribor manager Darko Milanic.
"The experience from last year's battles with Hibs will come in very handy."
After a disappointing Champions League exit to Malmo, McCoist is backing his side to score away from home to make life easier for the second leg in Glasgow.
"I think we're more than capable of scoring goals against most sides in Europe and the way we set up will help us, because we've got boys that are quick enough on the break," he said.
"We'll certainly be looking to score a goal.
"We're doing all right away from home and we look solid enough. Hopefully that will continue."

Going to go with a 2-1 Rangers win, they should be too strong for them. How many fit defenders have Rangers? Guessing Edu will be at rb?

Rangers have signed Bocanegra but he cant play tomorrow because you can only add one player after the registration deadline iirc.

Another lb? Although like Papac he can play in the middle.