The other legend at LFC

Who will become Liverpool's new manager

• Total voters

LFCALLTHEWAY

Reaction score
Hi this is my first story so if you see anything that can be made better then please tell me. For you who have come to this thread from the recent threads list then I tell you that this is a game on the PSP and it is football manager handheld 10 however i will be starting the story from the start of the 2010/2011 season. I holidayed the first season.
Comments much Appreciated.

8th July 2010

sky-sports-funny-moments.jpg

Henry buys Liverpool and then sacks Hodgson.

5 days ago, Roy Hodgson was bought in as the manager of Liverpool. 4 days later John W Henry completed his takeover and today, just 24 hours later.

Hodgson is gone
Roy+Hodgson+Liverpool+Training+Press+Conference+UEpYGrsFdI1l.jpg

Hodgson was quick to release a statement, then leave the club.

Hodgson's statement

"With regret i confirm the spreading rumors that I have been sacked by Liverpool's new owner John Henry. Personally I am hugely dissapointed. To be given 5 days in a job then sacked is disgraceful. However John obviously wants to make his mark and if I am not in his plans then I had to leave. I wish the new manager good luck and hope he is given more time than I was."

With Henry having a good knowledge of american soccer he is expected to look to bring in USA coach, Bob Bradley in as manager.

LFC manager odds.​

Bob Bradley 2-1​

Manuel Pelligrini 4-1​

Martin O'neil 7-1​

Guus Hiddink 10-1​

Frank Rijkard 12-1​

Rafa Benitez 16-1​

So all familiar names in the pot to become Liverpools new manager. Who will new owner John Henry choose. It is rumoured he wants to get a new man in quickly so the new manager can get some players in during the transfer window.​

Got a big opinion on who should be Liverpool's new manager. Email us @www.skysports.com/LFCmanager

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Heighway appointed!

Steve Heighway has just been confirmed by NESV as the new manager of Liverpool FC. The former Irish winger was a huge part of the succesful Liverpool team of the 70's.

Heighway also ran Liverpool's academy for over 15 years, winning 3 youth cups and producing successes like Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, David Thompson and Michael Owen.

steve_heighway.jpg

Heighway in his playing days

Heighway has just held a press conference and here are the highlights.

The Sun: Steve, you have great a great knowledge of this club in general having played and coached the academy to youth cup glory here, however managing here will be very different, how well do you think you realistically can do?

Heighway: I think the club can excell in all competitions this season. With the right investment I think I can help the club to challenge for Domestic and Europa League glory.

FourFourTwo: Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano have both expressed their concerns that the club are not currently challenging for the league and major cups. Do you feel confident they will both stay at the club?

Heighway: Well, I want players that will give me 100% commited and will give me everything. We will challenge if we have those players and players who do not try their best and give 100% every game will have no future at the club.

SkySports: Steve what sort of players and how many will you be wanting to bring in?

Heighway: Talented players who will give everything for the club.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Three out, Two in and One staying at Liverpool.

Steve Heighway has confirmed that three players have left Liverpool, two have come in and one has commited himself to the club.

fernando-torres-1.jpg

Torres - "Im staying"
Fernando Torres has confirmed that he is impressed by new Liverpool boss Steve Heighway and would like to stay at Liverpool. He believes Liverpool will go in the right direction under Heighway and NESV.

javier+(2).jpg

Masch goes to Munich
Javier Mascherano has ended all the transfer rumors involving him by sealing a £25,000,000 move to German giants Bayern Munich. He scored 3 goals from his defensive midfield position during his spell at Liverpool and played in the champions league final loss to AC Milan in 2007.

player.dossena.jpg

Dossena goes home.
Andre Dossena has gone home to Italy and joined Palermo for a fee around 5 million pounds. He never really got going at Liverpool and fans will not be sad to see the back of him.

Ryan-Babel-Liverpool-2008_1366766.jpg

Babel storms out.
Ryan Babel has stormed out of the club and joined Dutch club Feyenoord for 14 million pounds. He never had a great relationship with either of his mangers at Liverpool. He managed to have 2 public rows with Roy Hodgson during Hodgson's 5 day spell. He was always on and off and more off with his performances and the fans never really took to him. He did manage to score a winner at Anfield against Manchester United in a 2-1 win in the 2008/2009 season.

moutinho2.jpg

Moutinho arrival confirmed.
Sporting Lisbon captain Joao Moutinho has moved to Liverpool in a deal worth 7 million pounds. The portugese club are desperately short of money and Liverpool were quick to swoop in their bid to land the playmaker. He penned a 4 year deal and he is on around £40,000 per week.

agbonlahor_26261t.jpg

Agbonlahor completes "dream move"
Aston Villa have parted company with young England international Gabriel Agbonlahor in a move to Liverpool worth around 13 millon pounds. Agbonlahor has described it as a "dream move to a club deep in history that is going to grow again". Agbonlahor will be a strike partner to Fernando Torres. Heighway will enjoy nurturing this young starlet into a great player as he has done with so many others.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------[/COLOR]

By the way anyone reading you should just forget the poll now as I don't know how to change it or take it off. |)

Last edited:
Coach of Germany (Joachim Low).
Oh, well I have already posted the manager now. If people would read. I don't know how to close/take off the poll

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Pre Season and more transfers for Liverpool.
sun.jpg

Heighway buys - all under 25.

Steve Heighway has dipped into the transfer market once more and invested in the future of Liverpool. 3 promising young players have arrived at Melwood for their first training sessions over the last week.

jack-wilshere-arsenal-uk-06.jpg

Big bucks for big future.
One of the most promising youngsters in the world, Jack Wilshere signed for a fee of 12 million from Arsenal, where he had fallen out with boss Arsene Wenger. It is reported the fee could rise to 20 million depending on England appearances during the next 5 years.

ozil_371697s.jpg

Ozil makes Liverpool switch.
Promising young German Mesut Ozil completed a 7.5 million pound move from Werder Bremen to Liverpool this week. He has been tipped as Germany's next big thing, however had expressed his desire to move to a bigger club earlier this summer.

Babacar.jpg

The man after Diouf.
Khouma Babacar has signed for Liverpool from Fiorentina for 6 million pounds. He is the first player from Senagal to have signed for Liverpool since Liverpool sold El Hadj Diouf. He is a big powerhouse striker who Heighway is expecting to make a big push for a first team place.

Liverpool rock pre season.

DoncasterRovers.jpg

0+olympique+lyon+lyonnais+logo+escudo+brand+marque.jpg

Liverpool 3-1 Doncaster

dirk_kuyt_liverpool_203748a.jpg

Steve Heighway and his newly confirmed assistant manager Ian Rush got off to a flyer as a Dirk Kuyt brace and Insua goal gave them a convincing 3-1 win at Anfield v Doncaster.

Hamburg SV 1-1 Liverpool

A decent result in Germany with Ryan Flynn scoring a good solo goal.

Liverpool 2-0 Lyon
Jack-Wilshere-England1_2494108.jpg

A great result for Liverpool with Wilshere grabbing man of the match, scoring one and setting up Riera for another.

These pre season results put Liverpool in a good position for the upcoming season.

Great layout.
Great signings but how did you get Ozil from Bremen if he plays for Madrid?
Definately following.

Great layout.
Great signings but how did you get Ozil from Bremen if he plays for Madrid?
Definately following.
Because I am not playing football manager handheld 11 i am playing the 2009/2010 version as I don't have FMH 11 yet. I just holidayed the first season. On this game Ozil plays for Werder Bremen

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

please post if you like the signings, layout etc. |)

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Hot and cold August for Liverpool.
Liverpool started the season with 3 Premier league games in August. With games against West Ham, Manchester City and Portsmouth, Liverpool were expected to pick up 2 wins from 3 and Heighway sent his players out at Upton park with Liverpool looking confident.

Liverpool 1-1 West Ham

West+Ham+United+v+Liverpool+Premier+League+P9wVtWB0Bx5l.jpg

A game which Liverpool really should have won. A tight first half in which West Ham took a shock lead from a scrambled Behrami goal on 32 minutes.
As the second half progressed Liverpool got better and better and finally equalised on 74 minutes through young suber sub Ryan Flynn.
As the board went up for 2 minutes of injury time Ozil chipped a ball into the west Ham penalty are and as Torres raced onto the ball he was brought down by Upson, Howard Webb signalled for a penalty however as Gerrard was off the pitch, Agbonlahor stepped up and his soft penalty was easily saved by Robert Green.
The game ended 1-1.

Liverpool 2-3 Manchester City
moutinho_799842c.jpg

The scoreline did does not show a true reflection of the real game which Manchester City dominated from start to finish. Moutinho put Liverpool ahead with a wonder strike after 12 minutes however on 30 minutes the bomb that was Carlos Tevez hit Liverpool as he scored 2 in 5 minutes to put city ahead. The game calmed down after that with City keeping the ball for long periods. Eventually on 68 minutes the game was put to bed by City new boy Sergio Aguero.
Liverpool made changes as Wilshere and Babacar came on however there was no breakthrough until Babacar headed home his first Liverpool goal in the last minute of stoppage time.
The game ended 3-2 Manchester City

Liverpool 4-0 Portsmouth
steven-gerrard-celebrates-after-scoring-against-middlesborough-epl-2008-09.jpg

A brace for Gerrard in the first half of the game as Liverpool thrashed portsmouth 4-0. He was threaded through by Johnson for his first and rose above for his second. The 3rd and 4th were added by fernando Torres and then Riera in the late stages.
The game ended 4-0.

So a first month which Steve Heighway should be reasonably pleased with. They were unclucky against West Ham, scored 2 against City and battered Portsmouth in their final game of the month. They should be able to pick up good points next month although they have a tough away game at Arsenal, they also have a league cup tie away at Barnsley on the 13th.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:15 PM ----------

Skrtel layoff increases.
sun.jpg

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has today been told he will not be back in action until at least November.
CE0E2395-0C36-C90E-7DA0EF71703D469C.jpg

Skrtel's problems continue

The defender has been out of action for almost two months now with his knee injury he sustained on a pre season tour to Singapore. With uncertanties over Daniel Agger's future and Sotiris Kyriakgos' quality, this comes as a blow for new boss Steve Heighway.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:19 AM ----------

Wenger, "Heighway is the past."
Arsene Wenger has today launched a steaming attack on new Liverpool boss Steve Heighway, stating that he is a person of the past and that Liverpool should be looking to move forward.
arsene-wenger-omega9k.jpg

In his press conference before his Arsenal side's game against Liverpool, Wenger said, "Liverpool are making a mistake by appointing Steve, I am sure he was a fantastic player and academy director for Liverpool, however he has never had any managing experience and I believe Liverpool made a mistake by sacking previous manager Roy Hodgson, Roy is a good friend of mine and I am sad to see him go.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Liverpool show no September blues.
Fernando_Torres_and_Steven_Gerrard_celebrate_460_563326201.jpg

Liverpool started September 12th in the league after a shaky start. Steve Heighway said in a press conference that he wanted the players to play to the best of their ability and give everything for the shirt. Well when they stepped out for their first game of the month against Coventry, that is just what they did.

Coventry 0-4 Liverpool
article-0-00FADD3B00000578-538_468x527.jpg

Gabriel Agbonlahor grabbed man of the match and a hat trick as Liverpool stormed in to a 3-0 half time lead, with Agbonlahor bagging all the goals. Defender Glen Johnson bagged the 4th from a corner.

Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool
Liverpool+v+Arsenal+Premier+League+Ng-4rx2ojagl.jpg

Football is a game of 2 halves and it so proved today. Arsenal ran Liverpool ragged during the first 45 minutes and took the lead through a well worked Walcott goal. Until with an hour gone Liverpool clicked into life and equalised through a Dirk Kuyt. As 4 minutes of stoppage time went up Pepe Reina launched the ball up into the Arsenal half. Torres jumped for the flick on which came to Kuyt who knocked it through for Gerrard who was 1 on 1 with Almunia. Vermalen came up quickly behind him and stretched out however Gerrard accelarated and was brought down. He stepped up to take the penalty, sent Almunia the wrong way and clinched the win for Liverpool.

Liverpool 2-0 Fulham
Dirk-Kuyt-wallpaper-23-600x400.jpg

2 Kuyt goals either side of half time won the game for Liverpool, who were pretty dominant throughout. In the 77th minute Fulham were reduced to 10 men when Chris Baird was sent off.

carling-cup-manchester-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers-live-stream.jpg

Liverpool 3-1 Barnsley

get-attachment.asp

An easy win for the Premier league side with goals coming from Ryan Flynn, Babacar and Wilshere. Hammill got a consolation goal late on.

Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool
yossi-benayoun-liverpoo-001.jpg

Yossi Benayoun grabbed a brace as Liverpool ran the show at St James Park. A header from a riera cross and a cool finish from the edge of the penalty area sealed it for them in the first half. Barton brought it back to 2-1 before Agbonlahor confirmed the win late on.

An excellent month for Liverpool as they won every game, they finished the month in 2nd. They will be hoping to take this form into October as the premiership cranks up.

(0840 GMT) Roma coach Claudio Ranieri has played down links with him taking the job of next permanent Liverpool manager.

Not that I care

Last edited:
Liverpool - October highlights.

Liverpool 6-0 Stoke
Steven-Gerrard-Liverpool-Aston-Villa-Premier-_2048021.jpg

Gerrard ran the show as Stoke rolled over to a far superior Liverpool side. A mistake at the back early on let Agbonlahor through to put Liverpool ahead. Gerrard doubled the lead with a free kick on the 30th minute. Stoke started to get back in the game and a Etherington shot brushed the top of the bar just before half time. Torres and Ozil made it 4-0 in 5 minutes after half time. But it was Gerrard with a penalty and a cool finish past Sorenson who completed his hat trick and finished off the rout.

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool.
Tottenham-vs-Liverpool-epl-highlights-august-16-2009.jpg

In a game where chances came rarely, it was Spurs who came out winners. The first half was fairly even and the teams went in with the score 1-0 to Spurs thanks to a controversial Defoe goal, he appeared to handle the ball while getting it under control. Liverpool made changes in the 2nd half and they seemed to have payed off when Jack Wilshere put the ball into the net from a corner, only for it to be ruled out for a Torres push on Gomes. Wilshere did finally get his goal, equalising for Liverpool on 73 minutes. Both teams seemed happy with the draw until Harry Reddknap threw on Pavlyuchenko for Bassong. It was Pavlyuchenko who popped up at the far post from a Modric ball in to seal the win for Spurs and a dissapointing loss for Liverpool.

Liverpool 1-1 Bolton
liverpool-v-bolton-3.jpg

Another dissapointing result for Liverpool in a game they never looked like winning. It was Kevin Davies who struck for Bolton with a scrambled finish from just outside the 6 yard box on 36 minutes. Bolton went defensive and held on until the 82nd minute when Steven Gerrard popped up with a crucial goal for Liverpool, to rescue a valuable point for the Reds.

Liverpool 1-0 Man United.
5C9355F4-A3D6-6103-2D683CBF00F50654.jpg

An excellent result for a Liverpool team who were strong in attack and defence. It was a most unlickely source who clinchled it for Liverpool on 56 minutes. Jamie Carragher got the header whch clinched the win for Liverpool over their deadly rivals. United's best chance in the game was probably a free header for Vidic from a corner in the first half.

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool
chelsea-vs-liverpool-4.jpg

A scrappy game with no real dominant side. The first half was quiet however Liverpool sneaked ahead through a Moutinho goal on 41 minutes. Chelsea started the second half with more confidence and Florent Malouda got them level with a driven shot across Reina's goal. With just over an hour gone another goal went in and it was for the home side. A Frank Lampard free kick drew them level. Chelsea thought they had it won and were silenced by Albert Riera on 88 minutes as he danced past Ashley Cole and Terry to make it 2-2 and end a game which ended with a fair enough result.

So a topsy turvy month for Heighway's men, with dissapointing results like losing to Spurs and drawing with Bolton while they blitzed Stoke and beat United at Anfield. They end the month 4th in the league with 24 points from 12 games.

Nice story mate,
Good month I'd say, scoring six is always a welcome surprise no matter who it's against and getting through the last two games is a great return.

Nice story mate,
Good month I'd say, scoring six is always a welcome surprise no matter who it's against and getting through the last two games is a great return.
Thanks, I was dissapointed with the Bolton score tho. If we had got a draw against Spurs and beaten Bolton we would be 2nd. Hey ho, lots of games left.

Thanks, I was dissapointed with the Bolton score tho. If we had got a draw against Spurs and beaten Bolton we would be 2nd. Hey ho, lots of games left.

Amen, if only Liverpool were doing anything in real life like your game.
Oh well guaranteed that every time Liverpool lose I'll be checking out your story to make me happy again ;D

Cool story so far.
But my only criticism would be with "The Sun" being every-where, most Liverpool supporters hate The Sun, and like myself, will not buy it or read anything from it.

But that might be just me :p

Why is this not in the Story Section? :$

It is a story on Football manager handheld (the PSP version) which has it's own section.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------[/COLOR]

Cool story so far.
But my only criticism would be with "The Sun" being every-where, most Liverpool supporters hate The Sun, and like myself, will not buy it or read anything from it.

But that might be just me :p
Good point. Will use Others.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------[/COLOR]

sky_sports_news_20071.jpg

Lee resigns!
_45682784_liverpool_presser_still.jpg

Liverpool assistant manager Sammy Lee has today announced his resignation from the club. Lee spoke to the media and said.

"I have had a great time back at Liverpool however unfortunately my wife has fallen ill and I would prefer to be at home with her at this time. In the future I may come back into football, however now is not the right time to be involved in the game. I give my best to Liverpool and Steve Heighway for the rest of the season, and thank them for all their support."

Lee had a tear in his eye as he left the press conference. He was employed as assistant manager by Rafa Benitez in 2008 and took control of matches against Arsenal and Tottenham in his time there.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------[/COLOR]

video-watch-lfc-tv.jpg

Stats so far.

Top goal scorers (inc friendlies)
1. Gerrard 7
2. Kuyt 5
3. Agbonlahor 5
4. Torres 3
5. Wilshere 3
6. Riera 3
7. Flynn 2
8. Babacar 2
9. Benayoun 2
10. Insua 2
11. Johnson 1
12. Carragher 1
13. Ozil 1
14. Moutinho 1

Team goals scored: 38

Team goals conceded: 14

Clean Sheets: 6

Games Played: 16
Games Won: 10
Games Drawn: 4
Games Lost: 2

Current League position: 4th

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Goal.com-logo.png

Rush appointed as number 2.

ian-rush-jarvin-wikipedia.jpg

Liverpool FC all time top scorer Ian Rush has confirmed that he is the new assistant manager of Liverpool. The former striker, who scored 346 goals in 660 games for Liverpool and played with manager Heighway. Rush spoke to the media earlier telling them how he wanted to help Liverpool become a major force in domestic football and in Europe once again. Rush had been a strikers coach at the club.

ian_rush.jpg

Rush in his playing days.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:12 PM ----------

four_four_two_logo.png

Liverpool in November

Novemeber was set to be a big month for Liverpool, a side growing in confidence and ready to push on in the quest for Premier League glory. They start the month 5 points behind leaders Manchester United. Who just suffered a set back as Wayne Rooney was ruled out for 2 months. They also had 2 potential Carling Cup games to think about.

Sunderland 0-2 Liverpool
david-ngog.jpg

A result that will really please boss Steve Heighway, as Liverpool's defence managed to keep a clean sheet away from home. With Agbonlahor out with a thigh injury and Kuyt not fully fit, it was N'gog and not Babacar who started up front with Torres. And the descion was justified on 26 minutes when N'gog turned round Kieran Richardson and placed the ball past Craig Gordon. After that the game dried up as chances came rarely. It was Joao Moutinho who popped up in the 83rd minute with an expert volley from the edge of the box. A great start to the month for Liverpool, as they easily dispache a weak Sunderland side.

carling-cup-manchester-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers-live-stream.jpg

Liverpool 7-0 Ipswich

Nabil%20El%20Zhar_633570765446093750.jpg

Liverpool steamrollerd their way through a dire Ipswich team. No Torres, Gerrard, Moutinho, Ozil, Agbonlahor, Johnson, Carragher or Reina started for Liverpool and Ipswich looked confident in their pre match warm up at Anfield.

A first half where Liverpool looked slightly uncomftorable as they just looked to keep hold of the ball. They snuck in front as Damien Plessis scored a free kick on 38 minutes, only for new Ipswich player Gary Hooper to equalise 2 minutes after. However, Liverpools blushes were saved as the linesman had noticed Hooper was ever so slightly offside as he was played the ball.

Liverpool went in 1-0 up at half time, however their performance did not really deserve that lead. Whatever Steve Heighway said at half time worked as Liverpool struck in front of the Kop 4 times in 15 minutes.

Ryan Flynn made it 2-0 just 45 seconds into the half as he cut through the defence before hammering it home. Flynn doubled his tally just 3 minutes later with a bullet header from a El Zhar cross.

It was then El Zhar who made it 4-0 on 53 minutes as he stabbed the ball into the net after a huge goalmouth scramble. El Zhar continued his magnificent performance by winning a penalty for Liverpool, when he was brought down by Civille at the end of a mazy run. Flynn wanted to secure his hat trick but it was Jack Wilshere who stepped up to score the penalty in front of the Kop and make it 5-0.

Ipswich made some changes and started to play better as Connor Wickham came on and hit the bar for the tractor boys.

Although it was El Zhar who got his first Liverpool hat trick by scoring the 6th and 7th of the night. With a header and over head kick completing the 3.

What a score and performance from the Liverpool youth. Who play Blackburn in the Quarter final.

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom
fernando-torres-liverpool-jersey.jpg

A tight game where West Brom put 10 men behind the ball for the majority. Fernando Torres got the goal with a good piece of solo skill where he flicked the ball inbetween two defenders and then into the net. West Brom looked poor and only managed 3 shots on target. However the real drama was after the match when Steve Heighway refused to shake the hand of Robeto Di Matteo.

Heighway explained after the match that he was disgusted by the way West Brom went out, he said, "I admired West Brom for the fact that they go out and attack teams. However today Roberto made them do the opposite. It was a disgusting advert for football and I am deeply dissapointed.

.jpeg

Liverpool 2-1 Everton
Everton-v-Liverpool-Fernando-Torres-pa_1232361.jpg

It was a Merseyside derby that had everything. Goals, Red Cards, missed penalties and goals ruled out.

Early drama as Tim Cahill headed the ball into the net from a corner on 4 minutes, only for the referee to rule it out due to a push on Pepe Reina from Yakubu. Yakubu was booked for this.

On 16 minutes Liverpool went ahead through Steven Gerrard as he was layed off by Riera and smashed the ball into the bottom corner from 20 yards out. Liverpool were bouncing.

However the lead only lasted 10 minutes as Micheal Arteta finished off a brilliant Everton move down the pitch.

Just before the half time whistle went, Louis Saha was brought down by Insua and a penalty was awarded. It was Leon Osman who stepped up in front of the Kop and missed! He ballooned his shot high over the bar.

The game went dead and the second half was fairly quiet until the 78th minute when Phil Jagielka steamed into the back of Torres who was 30 yards out. Howard Webb sent players away before producing a red card for Jagielka.

Liverpool threw everyone forward however 10 man Everton would'nt crack.

Until ...

Sky Commentator: "Ball launched up by Reina flick by Gerrard, Torres past Yobo, plays a one two with Wilshere and he smacks the ball into the net! In front of the Kop, Liverpool are ahead against Everton in injury time!"

So a fantastic derby day win for Liverpool in a truly great game.

carling+cup+logo.jpg

Blackburn 0-1 Liverpool (AET)

2996760658.gif

Young german Mesut Ozil sealed Liverpool's place in the Carling Cup quarter finals thanks to a late goal in Extra time. The 90 minutes had been poor with neither side getting the better of each other. The game livened up in extra time and Ozil went passed 2 players before sticking the ball into the net on 114 minutes to book Liverpool a semi final place against Bolton.

Wolves 1-2 Liverpool
3871412722-29122010213425.jpg

A game with no real shining player that probably ended a fair result. Wolves gave Liverpool a good game and went ahead through Matt Jarvis on 35 minutes however in the second half Liverpool took control and 2 Torres goals won it for them.

So another 100% month for Liverpool as they won all their 6 games. Highlight of the month had to be the 7-0 thrashing of Ipswich at Anfield. The month also seems to have found a return to form for Fernando Torres who scored 4 goals.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

video-watch-lfc-tv.jpg

Tom Werner interview

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner took some time out of his busy schedule and came to have a chat with us about the season so far, the upcoming christmas period and possible transfer targets.

_49826586_werner_av640.jpg

LFC: "Tom, first of all thank you for coming along for this interview."

Werner: "Thank you, I think it's really good thing that me, John and the Staff and Players can come on here and have our say to the true fans of Liverpool."

LFC: "Tom, in the time you have been here at Liverpool, how much of a change have you seen?"

Werner: "Well I think Steve Heighway is doing an excellent job as manager and the progress of the club has been unbelivable. In the summer Damien (Comoli) and Steve worked well together and brought some excellent players in for slim money. The club is doing extremely well in the league and Carling cup, so I think the progress is very good."

LFC: "With just one month to go until January, do you think that Liverpool will sign anyone new?"

Werner: "Well the club is always looking to strengthen however it can be hard to get top quality at a reasnoable price in the January window. We will give Steve some funds for the window, however what he and Damien do with it is up to them."

LFC: "Do you think Liverpool can qualify for the Champions league this season?"

Werner: "Yes, I think we have a very good chance and if not this year then definetly next year. The club is moving forward and I am confident about our chances of a top 4 finish."

LFC: "Final question Tom, how would you rate Liverpool's new signings so far this season, out of 10?"

Werner: "10, as they have all adapted to the English style of play and fit into the side well."

LFC: "Thank you Tom."

Werner: "Anytime."

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

BBC-sportident.png

Benayoun set to leave.
LpoolYossiGETTY_228x342.jpg

Steve Heighway has confirmed growing rumours that midfielder Yossi Benayoun will leave the club in January. Benayoun handed in a transfer request yesterday, the reason apparantley being he felt he was being played out of position. This will come as a blow for Heighway as Benayoun is his first choice right winger. The only cover Heighway has in that position is inexperienced Nabil El Zhar, who has impressed in the league cup this season.

This means Heighway will almost certainly have to buy a right winger in the January window, with possible targets being Ricardo Quaresma, Jesus Navas, Aaron Lennon or Santi Cazorla.

20080827152530-santi-cazorla.jpg

Aaron_Lennon_429313a.jpg

jesus-navas.jpg

10316.jpg

Will one of these players join Liverpool in January?

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

English+Premier+League.jpg

Liverpool in December

Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa

gerrard-vs-aston-villa-the-offside.jpg

A good start to festive period as Liverpool ran out comftorable 2-0 winners at Anfield. It was Mesut Ozil who put Liverpool ahead inside the first minute,with a wonder goal catching Brad Friedel off his line. Liverpool were oozing with confidence and came close on a number of occasions in the first half including a Glen Johnson piledriver that hit the post.

Villa started the second half better and young Nathan Delfouneso came close with a effort that went just wide of Pepe Reina's post.

However it was game over on 73 minutes when Gerrard converted the penalty after he was brought down by Elokobi after making a huge run with the ball into the penalty area.

Liverpool ran out easy winners in a fairly comftorable game.

Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn
fernando-torres-liverpool-v-blackburn-celeb_2144874.jpg

A poor Liverpool performance started badly when Dirk Kuyt was stretchered off after 6 minutes and it was later revealed he will be out for between 1 and 2 months.

Blackburn took control and were ahead after just 23 minutes after a well worked move ending in Pedersen scoring the goal.

Liverpool's performance after half time was not better and things looked bleak after Martin Skrtel, who was just back from injury, was sent off after conceding a penalty when he fouled David Dunn. However Dunn could not score the penalty as it was well saved by Pepe Reina.

And it was down to Fernando Torres in the last minute of injury time to get the equaliser following a swift move from a corner, it was a cut back from Jack Wilshere that set up a vital equaliser.

Birmingham 2-0 Liverpool
image-6-for-liverpool-v-birmingham-city-gallery-430067929.jpg

St Andrews is a tough place to go and so it proved for Liverpool as a Cameron Jerome double sunk a tired team. Without the injured Torres, Gerrard and Moutinho, Liverpool lucked lacklustre in their play.
Jerome headered in a brilliant cross from Lee Bowyer on 34 minutes to put the Blues ahead.

Liverpool got back into the match and Joao Moutinho grazed the top of the bar with a curling free kick early in the first half.

Jerome had other thoughts. He continued his push for a place in the England squad with a 25 yard screamer with 10 minutes left.

Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal
nando-torres.jpg

Liverpool got back on track as they beat Arsenal 1-0 at Anfield thanks to another goal from Fernando Torres. The Liverpool defence was tight and didn't give Arsenal anything. Liverpool always looked the better team and gave Arsenal the run around for the full 90 minutes. A great boxing day result for Liverpool.

Bolton 1-2 Liverpool
bolton-v-liverpool-1.jpg

All 11 Liverpool players bust a gut to get a crucial win over Bolton just three days after beating Arsenal at Anfield.
Things did not start well as after just 4 minutes Bolton took the lead through a Kevin Davies bullet header.

However Heighway's men were soon back on track as they equalised on 21 minutes when Joao Moutinho took the ball around the keeper and put the ball into an empty net.

Neither team looked relatively dangerous for the rest of the first half, although Steve Heighway must have said something good at half time as on 52 minutes Liverpool were ahead as Agbonlahor netted from a 1 on 1 position after he was put through by substitute Jack Wilshere.

Bolton had no response to that and Liverpool ran out 2-1 winners.

Another good and bad month for a Liverpool team who needs to find more consistency.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:05 PM ----------

Paper-Talk-Feature-800_2499902.jpg

3 names linked with Liverpool.

Liverpool FC have today been linked with 3 new unlikely transfer targets as the club look to step into the transfer market.

anthony-Annan.jpeg

Rosenborg player and Ghana international Anthony Annan is one of the mentioned names. The young midfielder has been linked with European clubs such as Lazio, Werder Bremen and Valencia. One thing that could put off Liverpool is the fact that Rosenborg want 13 Million for the youngster, plus a 30% sell on fee.

Ashley_Young_Aston_Villa.jpg

A player that Liverpool have been intrested in for a couple of years, Ashley Young. As Young only has one and a half years left on his contract, Liverpool could pick him up for around 10 Million. Young has revealed in the past that Liverpool is a club he would seriously consider moving to.

610x.jpg

Probably the most surprising name in the pot, Craig Bellamy, has been touted for a return to Liverpool. Bellamy spent the 2006/2007 season at Liverpool scoring just 7 goals in 27 appearances. However now, in what seems to be the prime of his career, Liverpool are excpected to jump at the chance of a 4 Million deal from Manchester City.

In other news, Steve Heighway has confirmed that Liverpool have started talks with Villareal over Right winger Santi Cazorla.
09ccf97b-0f0c-4270-b3b6-63fd380a585a.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Comings and goings at Liverpool.
Liverpool have today completed the signings of 2 new faces and one departure from the club.

Benayoun - Chelsea (5,500,000)
chelseatrain415.jpg

Want away midfielder Yossi Benayoun today completed his move to Chelsea for 5.5 million pounds. Benayoun scored 31 goals during his time at Liverpool, including late winners against Real Madrid and Fulham. Heighway thanked Benayoun for his services and wished him luck in the future.

Ins

Ricardo Quarsema - Porto (12,000,000)
1732912651_a5da0c8b5c.jpg

After talks with Villareal over Santi Cazorla broke down, Damien Comoli was straight in to win the race for Portugese winger. Steve Heighway had this to say about the new signing.

"I am very pleased with this signing, we have been looking for a player of Ricardo's quality for a while now and in a position where we needed a new player, he will be key in our Premiership challenge.

Ashley Young - Aston Villa (8,000,000)
ashley-young-wallpaper-16-218x298.jpg

A left winger with pace, ability and strength. Someone Liverpool have been crying out for. And they finally got their man as Villa winger Ashley Young completed a 8 Million move which could rise up to 13 Million depending on England appearances.

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:24 PM ----------

What do people, reading think abot the signings?

(Sorry about recent lack of updates, have been busy)
0,,12306~8967571,00.jpg

Un-Happy new year for Liverpool

Liverpool started the new year brimming with confidence, wondering what 2011 would hold for the club. They will hope the club's form in January will not be replicated throughout the year.

Stoke 2-1 Liverpool
Stoke+City+v+Liverpool+Premier+League+znligSdjLeVl.jpg

Liverpool were poor from the start and two early Robert Huth headers clinched the win for Stoke. Daniel Agger and Jamie Carragher could not compete with Huth's physical presence from corners. Liverpool were demoralised and showed no resistance.

Heighway's men looked a little better in the 2nd half and thought they had saw the light on 74 minutes when Yossi Benayoun, in what turned out to be his last appearance for the club, got one back.

However it was not Liverpool's day and Stoke ran out deserving winners.

Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle
GerrardCelebPA0703_468x648.jpg

Another poor result for what looked a tired Liverpool side.

The game started well when Steven Gerrard scored on 22 minutes, only for Joey Barton to level the scores less than 5 minutes later.

The scores were level after 45 minutes but 1 minute into the 2nd half Newcastle had gone ahead through Jonas Guttierez. Newcastle were looking the better team and continuing to push Liverpool.

On 72 minutes Newcastle came desparingly close to a 3rd as young Nile Ranger hit the Liverpool bar.
However Newcastle finally cracked and gave away an equaliser on 84 minutes, courtesy of Ashley Young's debut goal.

The game ended 2-2 however both sides will feel dissapointed for different reasons.

Liverpool 3-1 Coventry
Gabriel-Agbonlahor-Aston-Villa-Manchester-Cit_1120998.jpg

A Gabby Agbonlahor brace combined with a Fernando Torres goal was enough to see off Coventry, who took a surprise lead through David Bell after just 8 minutes.

Both Agbonlahor's goals were well worked individual goal's while Torres finished off a sublime team move which featured 24 passes.

Coventry were never good enough and are now bottom of the table and 8 points away from Fulham who sit in 17th.

Fulham 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool-v-Fulham.jpg

Another bad away result saw Liverpool drop 2 points against Fulham at Craven cottage.

The opening 20 minutes was poor with neither side getting to grips with the game or creating any key chances.

The teams went in at half time 0-0 with Fulham looking the better team. They had created momentum towards the end of the first half as Andy Johnson came close and Clint Dempsey forced a world class save from Pepe Reina.

For the 2nd half Steve Heighway brought off Fernando Torres for Ozil and sent up Young and Quaresma (who was playing on his debut) up front to play as forward wingers in a 4-3-3

The Liverpool team looked like this.

Reina
Johnson-Carragher-Agger-Insua
Moutinho-Gerrard-Ozil
Quaresma-Agbonlahor-Young

And it worked when on 63 minutes, Agbonlahor scored his 3rd in 2 games to put Liverpool ahead.

Though it was yet again going to be 'one of those days' for Liverpool as Bobby Zamora scored an equalising penalty from a dubious Carragher handball on 85 minutes.

Aston Villa 3-0 Liverpool
Liverpool+v+Aston+Villa+Premier+League+lsun3UtFqeIl.jpg

A game which will want to be forgotten quickly by Liverpool fans and treasured by Aston Villa fans as they saw their team demolish Liverpool by 3 goals to nil. The rout started on 22 minutes when Stylian Petrov steered a curling shot into the Liverpool corner.

It was 2-0 just 10 minutes later as new signing Gary Hooper saw off the Liverpool defence and then chipped the ball over embarresed Pepe Reina.

Villa calmed down and held onto their 2-0 lead until the 81st minute when a goal went in for Liverpool through Steven Gerrard, however it was dissalowed for offside.

The rout was completed in the last minute as Stuart Downing secured a 3-0 win.

So an extremely poor month for a Liverpool side who slipped down to 6th in the Premier League.

Last edited:
Imagine you did get hired for 5 days.. you'd of made quite a big chunk of money thanks to compensation fees. <3

Anway, good story mate!