Would managing Vancouver or Toronto be against the rules. Whilst they play in the MLS in the NACL they represent Canada.

Would managing Vancouver or Toronto be against the rules. Whilst they play in the MLS in the NACL they represent Canada.

I will be adding an FAQ to the OP, but for now I will quote what I previously wrote in this thread. The short answer is "yes you may."

2) There are two schools of thought for Clubs playing in a foreign league, and I believe both are valid. The short answer is yes -- but largely because I want to encourage people to play the game they want to play.

School of thought #1: the game lists Swansea as an English Club (under the information tab + the clubs tab in England) because they are in the EPL. Toronto and Vancouver are listed as USA squads because they are in MLS. Their listing in the game disqualifies them.

School of thought #2: Swansea is in Wales, Toronto and Vancouver are in Canada. Look at it from a logical sense of where location is -- after all a Canadian team has never won the NA Champs League, and a Welsh team has never won either. It may not be as much of a "challenge" as starting from less prestigious leagues, but it's easier to keep clicking continue when you're playing a team you want to play as. (plus see the wildly popular San Marino (listed as Italian team) Challenge).

So my answer is yes, foreign clubs in high prestige leagues, while discouraged in the spirit of the challenge, are allowed.

Okay thanks for that. I must have read straight past that!!

Well then here is my victory in the North American Champions League with Vancouver:

NACLWin.png

Okay thanks for that. I must have read straight past that!!

Well then here is my victory in the North American Champions League with Vancouver:

NACLWin.png
Nicely done. That screenshot is also very informative because it shows Vancouver actually representing Canada in the comp -- which is great because the team info tab says USA (which makes no sense).

If you would make another post with the other required screenshots (see the OP again) I will be happy to add you to the hall of fame/2nd info post.

Nicely done. That screenshot is also very informative because it shows Vancouver actually representing Canada in the comp -- which is great because the team info tab says USA (which makes no sense).

If you would make another post with the other required screenshots (see the OP again) I will be happy to add you to the hall of fame/2nd info post.
Yeah I will update things when I have finished the season. Not even half way through yet!!

Is anyone able to give me a database or a save game with some eligible countries from each continent on?

My editor doesn't work so I can't add in any leagues and I'd like to have all 6 continents to try and win trophies from. I will be starting unemployed so I'd like as much choice as possible.

EDIT: Found something in the downloads section and I now have 125 playable countries including more than enough possible countries for this challenge. :)

Last edited:
I started unemployed with Sunday League as past XP. There were a few clubs looking for managers that I quite fancied but most were out of my league. In the end it was between Brantford (2nd in Canadian Super League) or NK Hrvatski Dragovoljac (Predicted to finish 3rd in the Croatian 2nd division before season started) and I chose the Croatians.

I kinda figured that Brantford were already in a good position domestically and that there would be an advantage of an English speaking team but...NK Hrvatski Dragovoljac sounds better than Brantford so I chose them for the challenge and because building a reputation in Europe will probably help me to get a move to a bigger team in order too complete this challenge.

I'll post screenshots if someone tells me how? Done it before but can't seem to do it anymore.

Boo, my save data got corrupted. That's what I get for not making a backup like I normally do :\

At least I got through one season, time to start again with some different nations loaded. Going to make some changes/FAQ updates to the OP real quick.

No recovering the corrupted file -- so I started the new one in January 2012. That's around where I left off anyway. Loaded some other leagues, and I'm starting off in an entirely different area with some new scenery:

14169300.jpg

Welcome to FJ Andijon in Uzbekistan.

Unfortunately, the city of Andijon has really only made international news when it was rocked by tragedy. Men opened fire on a large gathering of protesters killing anywhere between 200 to 5000 people, and only after more cries of anger from the population did the local government admit it government authorities that were the shooters. Otherwise, the city is one of the largest in Uzbekistan and serves as a crossroads for trade to the eastern part of the country.

F Andijon has been stuck in mediocrity ever since making their way up to the Oliy Liga, but hopefully I can work on changing that. The team has a tremendous offense, no defense, and a bunch of terrible two year contracts that I am stuck with for the next two years unless I want to sink the team into debt. With little to no transfer budget, I'll have to try and scrape together a defense as best I can. Hopefully in the near future I can claim one of the Oliy Liga's two bids to the AFC Champs League.

View attachment 215257View attachment 215258View attachment 215259

Should be fun -- and hopefully season 2 doesn't see me immediately relegated again!

So far things seem to be going okay, although a lot of my competition in friendlies has been sub par. My team is still figuring out my 4-1-2-1-2 but at least I was able to make some signings to shore up my defense by slashing about 1.3k/week in contracts given to terrible reserve players. Unfortunately, that also put me super deep in the red -- but it was either that or field a swiss cheese defense. Hopefully I can get fans to show up to my 18000 capacity stadium...but with only 1900 season tickets projected to be sold chances are looking slim.

And just for fun, here's a fairly ridiculous goal from my latest friendly. It was against inferior competition, but the distance and degree of difficulty is still very impressive:

[video=youtube_share;6gKzuxR9TqI]http://youtu.be/6gKzuxR9TqI[/video]

Hopefully my friendly performance bodes well for the regular season. With my defensive improvements maybe I can do better than a mid-table finish.

So far things seem to be going okay, although a lot of my competition in friendlies has been sub par. My team is still figuring out my 4-1-2-1-2 but at least I was able to make some signings to shore up my defense by slashing about 1.3k/week in contracts given to terrible reserve players. Unfortunately, that also put me super deep in the red -- but it was either that or field a swiss cheese defense. Hopefully I can get fans to show up to my 18000 capacity stadium...but with only 1900 season tickets projected to be sold chances are looking slim.

And just for fun, here's a fairly ridiculous goal from my latest friendly. It was against inferior competition, but the distance and degree of difficulty is still very impressive:

[video=youtube_share;6gKzuxR9TqI]http://youtu.be/6gKzuxR9TqI[/video]

Hopefully my friendly performance bodes well for the regular season. With my defensive improvements maybe I can do better than a mid-table finish.

i had a player score from there on fm11, it was an amazing swivel volley from a chinese nobody.

Turns out there is like a 4 month break in the middle of my season so I'm currently holidaying through that right now, almost got sacked for applying for other jobs but luckily the board accepted my apology and I'm still in my job. Season ain't going well, in 5th place but leaders are getting away from me, still haven't found a formation or decent starting 11. Only on a 1 year contract though so I think I might leave and join someone else next season lol.

My game crashed today at December or January not sure as I was on here whilst it holidayed but I'm going to start again anyway because of yours crashing and now mine for the first time ever I reckon it will happen again on that game, as well as that I was on a 7 loss streak and about to get sacked so I'm going to start again in a few days when I find a database with more leagues that is guaranteed to work.

Or use Ctrl+F12. then when you quit FM a little popup appears with all your screnshots and you just copy them to your harddrive

Looks like my team lacks discipline. A lot of discipline. Still winless in the league, sadly. And in this match, which I really should have lost by far more, the ref got a score of 9.

View attachment 216064

So, how is everyone else doing with this challenge?

So far I'm nearly halfway through the season and am sitting pretty much in the middle of the table. That approximately meets the preseason expectations -- although it has been rough going with Uzbekistan's 6 foreign player squad limit when nearly all of my decent domestic starters get injured. In fact, I have been devastated with injuries for practically the entire season. Still, at least I should be able to avoid relegation. The question is whether I can convince the board to free up some funds next year to pursue an AFC spot.

View attachment 216509 Every single injured player is a starter and out for at least 6 weeks. Ouch. Oh and 2 yellow cards in a game equals a 2 game suspension. Discipline is no joke around here, unfortunately for my team. Especially when a 2 game ban equates to around 10% of the season.

Great idea mate, going to start with FH in iceland, media predicted first and since i'd never managed anywhere out of the normal before i should try it with a 'decent team'. Still semi proffesional though, but i do get a try at the Europa league. Out of interest, this game does let you make leagues more quality, for example getting their star level up :)? thanks in advance
edit
im so stupid i didnt even know it started in mid season, fh currently lying 8th, not looking great but only ten games gone.

Great idea mate, going to start with FH in iceland, media predicted first and since i'd never managed anywhere out of the normal before i should try it with a 'decent team'. Still semi proffesional though, but i do get a try at the Europa league. Out of interest, this game does let you make leagues more quality, for example getting their star level up :)? thanks in advance
edit
im so stupid i didnt even know it started in mid season, fh currently lying 8th, not looking great but only ten games gone.

Yep you can build up your reputation. it just takes time, championships, and good results.

Good luck, look forward to seeing how you do! I totally failed in Iceland, so hopefully you can do better.

Haven't had as much time to play with RL stuff going on, but hopefully I can finish my Uzbek season soon. Don't think I'll be getting any A-Cup qualifying places though. Maybe next year or maybe I'll need to take my career elsewhere.

Getting kind of lonely in here though. How are you all doing in you all's saves?