Reaction score
The pass n move tactic by spark-master Now Home&Away

Pass n move .
Its a 442 . on first look it looks like a normal tactic
but its anything but normal
the 2 CB and FB are set high in mentality

plus the 2 RM&LM are set high in mentality

BUT and heres the gem of the tactic the 2 CM are set low in mentality

and a few clicks higher are the 2 Forwards .

right side CB good in the air needed

righ side CM is a DM typ of player

left side forward is your strong hold up player typ ie good on the ball strong in the air

allso note ... that no player will cross a ball .. which is the other gem of the tactic

The tac layout
View attachment 10839

Team Instructions
View attachment 10840

Table
View attachment 10841

Some results
View attachment 10843

View attachment 10844

View attachment 10842

It give me great joy to bring you the new spark-master home & away

a lot of changes have been made

and im happy to share them with you all

note that your hold up forward is left side of the 2

your DM is the right side of the 2

this applys to both home and away .

the two tactic are both 442 but diffient in closeing down , tempo, and D-line

just to add the home pitch size i have is 102m-65m i think that is standard settings

download the tac >>>>>>>>> View attachment 11319 <<<<<<<NEW Tactics

try it and see some nice control football
and give some feed back

Last edited:
I've got a Villa game somewhere that this tactic might be perfect for trialing for you. I'll play 5 or so games now and let you know

I decided to fire up an old West Ham game I was only 6 games into.

West Ham 0 Man City 1

They had 20 shots and seemed to dominate the highlights. I had a good few chances, most of which seemed to be my wingers getting in good positions from switched balls. Next game is Blackburn away...

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Blackburn 0 West Ham 0

It was a game that neither side really deserved to win being honest. Again, the wingers seemed to get more chances than my strikers. My two top men at the minute (Hesselink & Ashton) seem to be getting very low ratings and not much action at all. I have Pavone and Lewandowski to bring on when needed, Lew is injured at mo, so maybe that will make a difference. At the moment though it seems a sturdy enough tactic but i'm gonna try niggle with it to bring my strikers into play a bit more

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Portsmouth 1 West Ham 0

Again, I seemed to have more possesion and they seemed to have more shots. I changed my wingers passing to a more direct route and it seemed to get my strikers on the ball a bit more, but I haven't scored in 3 games which is a worry. I'm going to add some crossing to their game and also give my full backs a little more direct passing too and maybe one of my centre mids a tad more freedom on the ball

I Will give it ago should work well with a pacey side like villa i suppose

What exactly will the CB's be doing when your on the attack ?

Middlesbrough 1 West Ham 3

I found that my strikers isolation to probably be the main course for concern. I set the hold strikers mentality to neutral middle, and pushed the other up a tad. It seemed to work as Pavone, the attacking of the 2 got a hat trick, and Ashton managed 1 of the 3 assists.

I also changed ALL passing style to more direct as the width was too wide for any threat in numbers to happen and my strikers aren't the most talented individuals. Boro's goal was a scrappy mix up in the box so other than that it would have been a clean sheet, despite 12 shots to my 10.

After a while of not scoring I changed the wingers crossing back to nothing again and I moved the more attacking of my centre mids up a wee bit.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

CraigSaph

well i did wonder about your reply ...

theses are the only replys you have given to tatcis
heres wot iv found about all your replys to every tactic you have tryed

you wrote here : struggle to score and my midfield just lets their midfield wander through for all kinds of chances
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/dc999-gh-tactic-t19896/page2.html

and here you wrote :But hardly score at all.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/60-possession-every-game-t18800.html

I'm struggling to see what your point is here? What do my previous posts have to do with your tactic exactly? I would like to know your train of thought behind this

You want it tested and tried with different teams or you just want people to not try it and assume it is brilliant because you posted a screenshot of YOUR own success?

Expect criticism, as well as praise, if you ask for something to be tested mate, or don't ask for testing at all

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Also realise you're playing with some quality players in your Championship QPR team. I'm running this out with mid quality West Ham in Premiership, there are bound to be extreme differences in the styles of the teams.

the point being CraigSaph

that you must have some very poor forwards

I'll give this a go shortly and i'll give you some feedback.

Also, this must get annoying but what skin is that please :D looks sexy. Thanks

the skin is midas' touch 09 v1.2b but iv changed it a little myself . so it wont be the same that you will download

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

What exactly will the CB's be doing when your on the attack ?

the CB wont go running forward ... they will just win the ball back high up the filed

the point being CraigSaph

that you must have some very poor forwards

The first reply in tactics you quoted of mine I have Agbonlahor, D Bent, Heskey and Owen (This is a game i'm constructing an entire English team in)

The second quote you rummaged through quite clearly shows I have Foti and Paloschi upfront.

Stand by your very poor claim?

As I continue to trial this tactic as asked by the creator, don't know why as it seems he is just after compliments and his feet kissed:

West Ham 1 Stoke 0

Although they had slightly highed possession they didn't threaten apart from one late free kick. I'm finding this tactic increasingly sturdy at the back and most teams are hitting shots from distance or not hitting many at all. Sometimes my centre halves get turned far too easy but i'm putting that down to one offs.
The tinkering i've done in terms of attacking seems to be paying off and the more direct approach appears to get much more out of my strikers and the odd cross causes havoc too. Dropping the holding striker and pushing the other up has seen the attacking of the 2 have far more shots and chances. Also allowing one centre mid to push forward more has opened up the oppositions shape a whole load more.

the skin is midas' touch 09 v1.2b but iv changed it a little myself . so it wont be the same that you will download

You did? i saw your last skin that you edited yourself but i can't play with the original. Is it hard? i'd love to know how to do it.

First game - Dominated possession, lovley flowing football. The likes of Aguero and Ronaldo somehow managed to miss chances. Forced the oposition to shoot from long-range, which wasn't a threat.

ScreenShot004.jpg

Got a hard game in the champions league coming up shortly, i'll post the outcome

Again forced them to shoot from longrange, Fleck managed to score a 35 yard freekick for them. They had a fair ammount of time on the ball but came to nothing.

ScreenShot005.jpg

Looks like a solid tactic.

Last edited:
The first reply in tactics you quoted of mine I have Agbonlahor, D Bent, Heskey and Owen (This is a game i'm constructing an entire English team in)

The second quote you rummaged through quite clearly shows I have Foti and Paloschi upfront.

Stand by your very poor claim?

As I continue to trial this tactic as asked by the creator, don't know why as it seems he is just after compliments and his feet kissed:

West Ham 1 Stoke 0

Although they had slightly highed possession they didn't threaten apart from one late free kick. I'm finding this tactic increasingly sturdy at the back and most teams are hitting shots from distance or not hitting many at all. Sometimes my centre halves get turned far too easy but i'm putting that down to one offs.
The tinkering i've done in terms of attacking seems to be paying off and the more direct approach appears to get much more out of my strikers and the odd cross causes havoc too. Dropping the holding striker and pushing the other up has seen the attacking of the 2 have far more shots and chances. Also allowing one centre mid to push forward more has opened up the oppositions shape a whole load more.

well i must say that im sorry ..
the only reason i put you into question is because it didnt feel like my tactic had any trouble to get goals .. far from it .. but i just guess that maybe there are other things to put into play .. like pitch size? and wot tactic was you useing before you changed ?
ie going from 5--3-2 or 4-5-1 to a 442 .. which means it might take a few games for your players to get use to it .

No mate I was 442 also. I like to give peoples tactics tries when they ask me for it and let them know what my experience is. I'm not trying it and then telling you it is ****. Defensively it is very very sound, only Chelsea have scored more than 1 against me to date and I just managed a 1-0 home win to Man Utd (don't know how, they were all over me)

I must admit my side at the minute is pretty bog standard as I had next to no money and my intial plan for this team was to build for the future. I'm toying with the idea of holidaying til Jan, getting a couple big name wingers and a striker and see if that brings me much more joy.

Just looking at your screenshots and the Athletico ones it seems that the tactic is very much friendly to a higher quality team, and with the lesser teams it needs slight tweaks here and there.

Like I said though defensively i'm loving it, it is tight

No mate I was 442 also. I like to give peoples tactics tries when they ask me for it and let them know what my experience is. I'm not trying it and then telling you it is ****. Defensively it is very very sound, only Chelsea have scored more than 1 against me to date and I just managed a 1-0 home win to Man Utd (don't know how, they were all over me)

I must admit my side at the minute is pretty bog standard as I had next to no money and my intial plan for this team was to build for the future. I'm toying with the idea of holidaying til Jan, getting a couple big name wingers and a striker and see if that brings me much more joy.

Just looking at your screenshots and the Athletico ones it seems that the tactic is very much friendly to a higher quality team, and with the lesser teams it needs slight tweaks here and there.

Yeah i think you're right. My Athletic team is really top class. Undefeated 2 years now and 4 time trebble winners.

I have just tried 2 games with a medicore League 1 side and i managed 2 draws, 1 home and 1 away. The problem seemed to be the strikers as 2 holding strikers for a non-top side dosen't seem like it wil work

wot ill say is buy CM someone good at breaking up the play and good at passing . ill say that for both of the CM good work rate aswell as reading the game .. CB pace and reading the game .. the forwards will get goals .. right side with pace left side the hold onto ball player