All seems to be going well so far, as for your teams putting in poor performances but you still come away with good results shows you have a decent side! its what Man Utd do a lot of time, dont play well but still get the results! Your man Diallo is looking key for you, need to keep him fit and in good form!

Totally agree with you . I think that my team is too good to be predicted 11th in a 3rd tier league . Diallo is just 19 and I have a record in damaging youngsters in FM12 :D but keeping him fit won't be a hard job as after we were knocked out of the cup , we have only one game a week either Saturday or Sunday

December 2014
View attachment 306802

News:

• Egypt gets Gabon , Benin and Morocco in CAN 2015 Group Stage
3 games only were played , winning 2 and losing away to the club we beat before with my reserve players (remember that match?) It was my fault ,though. Made terrible tactical mistakes pushing my players forward (sometimes you should accept to draw better than losing)

I beat my old team , Turnhout , with 3 goals again.

Games played this month

Charleroi 1-2 VK Ieper
Diallo - Vatcheichuili

Mouscron-Peruwelz 2-1
VK Ieper
Appeltans

VK Ieper 4-1 Turnhout
De Sadeleer (2) - Appeltans (2)

Man of the Month

Jeroen Appeltans
(the attacking midfielder scored 3 goals and gave 1 assist)

League Table
View attachment 306808
We are still on top , but only ahead from 2nd because we won more games

Second Period Table

View attachment 306809
We are 2nd , 1 point behind leaders with 3 games to go :l

January 2015
View attachment 306931
Again :D

Awards of 2014:

• Lionel Messi wins FIFA Ballon d'Or for the 6th time in a row
  • Lionel Messi wins World Soccer's World Player of the Year for the 4th time
  • Yaya Toure wins CAF Footballer of the Year
  • Egyptian Gedo wins CAF Inter-Club Player of the Year
  • Jordan Ayew wins CAF Young Player of the Year
  • Eden Hazard wins Best Belgian Player Abroad for the 3rd time in a row

News:

• Khalifa could leave VK Ieper (the press lies all the time)
  • Matri announces Juventus exit
  • AS Monaco rejects Khalifa's application
  • Khalifa announced new Ireland U19 manager
  • Vatcheichuili signs a professional contract for VK Ieper
  • Egypt qualify for CAN quarter-finals
  • Ribery looking for way out of Bayern Munich

First of all , God **** Messi :D
A disappointing month again , with one win , one 0-0 draw , and a defeat which ended our hopes of getting the 2nd period promotion playoff place and also dropped us to 3rd in the league table (now 2nd) .

Our midfield is having serious problems in controlling the games , and Diallo was actually the worst player this month .

Anyway, we can breathe a bit right now as we are 2nd in table with 4 points behind leaders (Bocholt) , and we have 47 points like the 3rd (Ronse) and both teams had secured playoff places , so just securing the 3rd spot (we're 2nd right now as I mentioned above) will get us a playoff spot regardless who the fourth is or who the winner of the 3rd period is . Speaking of the 4th , we are 11 points ahead , that's why I'm talking about feeling security for a while.

The first game of next month will be against Ronse (3rd) and I consider it as decisive for me about whether we will fight for winning the league till end of season or we will just relax and secure the 3rd position by being as far as possible from the 4th .

Regarding the news above :D , it all started with a suggestion from Buchenwald to apply for African national teams' job that become available after CAN 2015 , so I deeply thought about it and told myself : why didn't I apply for any national team yet ? So I applied for Ireland U19 and to my surprise was accepted , then I found AS Monaco job available at Ligue 2 and I thought that it would be good to apply for it to see whether I can get a 2nd tier job or not , but they laughed me off of course (bastards :) )
The board wasn't happy , of course , but I'm untouchable for 3 months now with squad harmony of 100 % (over-estimated from my point of view) , so I wasn't afraid of being sacked when I applied for AS Monaco

The stupid news about me leaving KVK Ieper and even suggesting the names that will follow me was the most annoying thing this month , even more annoying than the bad performances my players made. They say that the board are afraid that I will reject contract renewal , well reporters , keep guessing but away from me , please.

Regarding the tranfers , no players in , neither out , I will stick to my players till end of the season.

Games played this month

WS Woluwe 2-0 VK Ieper

VK Ieper 3-1 RC Mechelen
Appeltans - Pollet (1p) - Vatcheichuili

VK Ieper 0-0 Geel-Meerhout

Man of the Month

Jeroen Appeltans
( best player for the 2nd month in a row scoring a goal and assisting another)

League Table

View attachment 306946

February 2015
View attachment 307100

News:

• Egypt lose 2-4 to Tunisia in CAN quarter-finals
  • Khalifa signs new deal with KVK Ieper till end of 2016/2017 season
  • Moroccanazo ! Morocco loses at home in CAN final through penalties
  • South Africa champions of Africa
  • Hossam Gahly is declared as new Egyptian National Team captain
  • Otto Pfister retires , unknown Mahmoud Farag is new Egypt manager
  • Joselu makes 150 appearances for Real Madrid Castilla (a record)
  • Diallo ends 619 minutes without scoring
  • Turnhout (my previous club) leads third period of Derde Klasse Group B

Well , I expected that we will lose to Ronse , but it was a very disappointing month.

I know we should just secure the 3rd place at league table , and we are 13 points ahead of 4th right now (we played 1 game more than them) , but I'm afraid it will be waste of time if we play like that in promotion playoff later .

We won twice , drew twice , first draw was through a penalty in 90+ minutes at home against the bottom team of the league because of a stupid tackle from my supposed to be leading defender (De Sadeleer)

The 2nd draw was a boring 0-0 in which we neither controlled the game through good passes , nor had enough shots on target , nor came out without losses as our striker , Vaheichuili , got a red card through a very violent tackle against a defender after just 10 minutes!!!! I fined him 2 weeks' wages and if there was an option in the fine list I would have fined hem rest of year's wages . I'm angry , very angry .

To put the icing on the cake , my debut with Ireland under 19s was , what is the word , embarrassing , I'm just ashamed.

Games this month

Ronse 1-0 VK Ieper

VK Ieper 1-1 Walhain
Vatcheichuili

Albania U-19s 4-1 Ireland U-19s
Clive Kavangh

SW Harelbete 2-3
VK Ieper
Vanelslands (o.g) - Diallo - Vatcheichuili

VK Ieper 2-0 Woluwe-Zaventem
Diallo - Staelens

Oudenaarde 0-0 VK Ieper

Man of the Month

Boubacar Diallo
(scored 2 goals like Vatcheichuili but the latter's recent red card set my choice off)

League Table
View attachment 307104

We are 3rd , 6 points behind leaders (could become 7 as Ronse has a game in hand )and 13 points ahead of 4th (could become 10)

Last edited:
Nice! Hope you find some nice Irish regens...

Some questions about Belgium's system : the champion and the three "1/3 year" champions qualify for the playoff, right?
This means that if you finish third but the two first teams are already in the playoffs....you are too?

Nice! Hope you find some nice Irish regens...

Some questions about Belgium's system : the champion and the three "1/3 year" champions qualify for the playoff, right?
This means that if you finish third but the two first teams are already in the playoffs....you are too?

I will explain it:

A)The 2nd tier bottom 2 teams get relegated , the 2 champions of 3rd tier groups A & B win promotion replacing them.

B)The 3rd lowest team in 2nd tier goes to playoffs semi-final

C)3 teams from each group of 3rd tier go to playoffs quarter finals (that's 6 teams) ---------------> 3 teams in semifinals + the one of 2nd tier (in point B) = 4 -------------> 2 finalists battling for promotion

D) regarding the 3 teams of each 3rd tier group , they are the 3 that won the 3 periods of the year , but if one of the winners of the 3 periods was the champion that won direct promotion to 2nd tier then it will be replaced with the highest ranked club of rest of teams.

So , in my case , the top team will win direct promotion to 2nd tier so its previously won playoff place won't be considered , the 2nd has already one of the playoff places , the winner of the 3rd period will a playoff place (whatever its standing in the league is) , the 3rd in the league table will get the last playoff place (that's me I hope)

March 2015
View attachment 307216

News:

• Mourinho joins Bayern Munich for 2.7 millions exchanging position with Laudrup
  • Vatcheichuili banned for further 2 matches (the whole month + first game of next month)
  • Timmermans out till August because of injury
  • Poor youth intake for KVK Ieper (signed only one player)

Nothing to be said about the month , we look more secure to get the 3rd league position and more away from getting direct promotion through winning the league.

Only 2 games this month , drawing the first 0-0 at home against Londerzeel , which we beat twice this year and both wins were away and both were 2-0 (one in the cup in August , the other in the league in October). I was as much aggressive as possible to my players after the game.

The second game of the month was an away win , by the way we had neither Diallo (dismissed for collecting 5 yellow cards) , nor Timmermans (injured) , nor Vatcheichuili (suspended because of his red card) , and yet the 2 reserve strikers that played (Cannaert & Schellens) were loads better in the final third than my starters (mentioned above) in the last months. They really proved that they deserve more chances.

Yet , the midfielders (as if it became a habit for them) were just gifting possession to our opponent. I really don't know what to do to sort everything up before playoff.

Speaking of playoff , we are 3rd , 6 points behind leaders , 10 points away from the 4th , so we need 6 points out of the 5 remaining games to get a playoff place , and I think it's fair to say that we won't win the title as it's almost impossible that both teams above me will spoil everything in just 5 games.

Games played this month

VK Ieper 0-0 Londerzeel

Heppignies 1-2 VK Ieper
Cannaert - Staelens

Man of the Month
Wouter Staelens
(the only exception in midfield this month , scored a beautiful long-range goal)

League Table
View attachment 307225

April 2014
View attachment 307337

News:

• Egypt beats Argentina 3-2 on a friendly match
  • Iker Casillas breaks Raul's record as Real Madrid's most appearances in La Liga (551)
  • VK Ieper reaches promotion play-off
  • Real Madrid's Nuri Sahin breaks La Liga most assists record (13)
  • Real Madrid Castilla reaches Segunda promotion play-off
  • Arsene Wenger announced new Paris Saint German manager

We got a play-off spot , finally. I'm playing my reserves since then to give them some match experience before our final battle of the season , and they lost their first game at home by 3-0 !! No pressure on them , though.

By the way , PSG didn't win a single trophy in my save , let's see what Wenger will do there.

Games played this month

VK Ieper 2-0 Virton
Appeltans - Pollet (p)

Diegem 1-1 VK Ieper
De Sadeleer

VK Ieper 0-3 Hasselt

Man of the Month

Flavio Fragapane
(the left fullback gave 2 assists)

League Table
View attachment 307341

News:

• Egypt drawn with Zimbabwe , Gabon and Madagascar in CAN 2017 qualifications
  • Kadlec scores 18 goals for Liverpool in Barclays Premier League (a record)
  • Ronse gets promotion
  • RC Mechelen beats Turnhout to grab play-off place from them
  • Real Madrid Castilla wins Segunda B3
  • Ireland Under 19 fails to reach UEFA U19s Championship
  • VK Ieper knocked out in promotion playoff semifinal

An exciting month that ended up badly because of just one person , the goalkeeper.
In the moment that we really needed him , he actually gifted 3 easy goals to our opponents , dropping the ball in the first (at home ) , failing to handle an easy long range shot (at the away game ) , and after we came from behind 0-1 (0-2 in aggregate) to a magnificent 2-1 away (2-2 in aggregate with our away goal advantage) , he rushed away stupidly allowing a killing goal when there were only seconds left to reach the playoff final.
Although the midfield failed again in grabbing possession , I can't criticize any outfield players as they all did well enough in this decisive part of the season.

Regarding Irish U-19s , we were drawn with Germany , Bosnia and Herzegovina and Turkey , we only lost to Germany who scored 2 goals in the final 10 minutes and got all 9 points , but till now I didn't grab a single win for Ireland U-19 . My next game will be a friendly match against Portugal , so let's see what the Irish regens can do.

Anyway , the targets of my season were achieved (LOL) and my club got their highest ever league position with me , most wins in a row , and most games without losing.
Maybe I will turn up to be one of the club's legends :D

By the way , you can say that we gifted Ronse the promotion as I wanted to revenge from Bocholt and beat them away from home (I'm silly , I know)

Games played this month

Bocholt 0-1 VK Ieper
Porteman

VK Ieper 2-0 Charleroi
Staes - Thomas

UEFA U19s Qualifications - 2nd Round - Group 7

Turkey U19s 1-1 Ireland U19s
Farrell

Ireland U19s 1-3 Germany U19s

Hedderman

Ireland U19s 0-0 Bosnia & Herzegovina U19s

Tweede Klasse Relegation Playoff Quarter Finals (1st Leg)
VK Ieper 0-0 Aalst

Tweede Klasse Relegation Playoff Quarter Finals (2nd Leg)
Aalst 1-2 VK Ieper
Appeltans (2)

Tweede Klasse Relegation Playoff Semi Finals (1st Leg)
VK Ieper 0-1 Boussu

Tweede Klasse Relegation Playoff Semi Finals (2nd Leg)
Boussu 2-2 VK Ieper
Claes - Staelens

Man of the Month

Jeroen Appeltans

(the attacking midfielder saved our game in playoff quarterfinals with 2 comeback away goals and was great in semifinals assisting one of our 2 comeback goals)

Final League Table

View attachment 307570

UEFA U19s Qualifications Group 7 final positions

View attachment 307572

News:

• Manchester United wins UEFA Champions League (4th time) beating Internazionale in final
  • Shakhtar wins UEFA Europa League beating Chelsea in final
  • Messi wins UEFA Best Player in Europe (4th time)
  • Khalifa gets 3rd place in Derde Klasse B Manager of the Year
  • Appeltans wins a spot in Derde Klasse B Team of the Year
  • Xavi Hernandez retires
  • Khalifa wins with Ireland U-19 for the first time
  • Fragapane chosen as VK Ieper's Fans Player of the Year
  • Almeria's Argentinian youngster Juan Perez wins FIFA Golden Shoe
  • Appeltans , Diallo , Simic , Staes , Verheyen and Vromans join VK Ieper's Overall Best Eleven

End of Season Stats:

Top Goalscorer :Archil Vatcheichuil (13)
Top League Goalscorer :
Boubacar Diallo (10)
Most Assists :Jeroen Appeltans (11)
My Choice Best Player of the Season :
Flavio Fragapane (10 assists)

Next Season Targets:

League:
Top Half finish (Media Prediction : 6th)
Cup: Reach 5th Round

(don't want more financial problems for the club as the budget is already negative , so chose least money available)

Games played this month​

U19s Friendly

Ireland U-19s 2-0 Portugal U-19s

Byrne - Sergio (o.g.)

Man of the Month

Clive Kavangh
(the defensive midfielder assisted both of our goals against Portugal , winning Man of the Match award)

VK Ieper Season's Best 11
View attachment 307674

VK Ieper Overall Best 11
View attachment 307675

Last edited: