lfcepic

Reaction score
bolton-wanderers-fc-logo.gif

21st May 2021

Bolton Wanderers Face Liquidation

Stoke+City+v+Bolton+Wanderers+-+Premier+League

Bolton Wanderers are now on the brink of extinction after the latest potential takeover bid hit the rocks. Bolton are thought to be millions of pound in debts, and with their relegation out of the football league, and into the Blue Square Premier League, the club almost looks certain to be doomed.

There is already take of the supporters starting a new club, and they will be hoping they can replace Bolton in the Blue Square Premier next season if a buyer cannot be found. Will they find a buyer before time runs out? Will the FA allow the supporters to replace their beloved team? Tense times are ahead for Bolton fans, but we will be wishing them luck every step of the way.

Next update: A short history of Bolton's demise.

Last edited:

22nd May 2021

The Demise of Bolton Wanderers

Bolton_HistoryOverview_zpsd31cd79f.png

2011/12 season:​ Relegation from the Premiership into the Championship

2012/13 season: Dougie Freedman leaves the club. Hire Paul Jewell two weeks later. Finished 20th in the Championship, just 4 points from safety

2013/14 season: Finished 21st in the Champions, just 1 point from safety.

2014/15 season: Finished 13th in the Championship. Sacked Paul Jewell and hired Keith Curle.

2015/16 season:
Finished 15th in the Championship. Sacked Keith Curle and hired Dave Heath.

2016/17 season: Relegated to League 1 after finishing 23rd in the Championship.

2017/18 season:
Sacked Dave Heath and hired Peter Gilbert. Finished 23rd in League 1 resulting in their relegation to League 2 and the sacking of Gilbert.

2018/19 season: Hired Paul Ince as manager. Promoted to League 1 via play-offs after finishing 3rd.

2019/20 season: Paul Ince leaves the club. Richie Baker is chosen to replace him. Return to League 2 after finishing 22nd. Baker is sacked.

2020/21 season: Chris Eagles is hired as manager. Club finish in 23rd, leaving them in the murky depths of the Blue Square Premiership.

It has been sad watching a once great club take such a large fall. I hope the fans get what they want, and are able to take the club back up to the Premiership where they belong. Its been a long, old struggle for them over the last few years, and I wish them all the best.

What will happen to Bolton next?

Last edited:

5th June 2021

Bolton Liquidated and Bolton City FC Formed

Bolton Wanderers FC have today ceased to exist. They were unable to pay off their spiraling debt and were forced into liquidation. The fans have now created their own team, called Bolton City FC (Annoyingly I cant change this on the RTE, but lets us your imaginations ;) ) Some better news for the fans is the FA have allowed them to take the place of the former club in the Blue Square Premiership.

The new club has also gained access to Boltons old reserve stadium, The County Ground. The stadium only has a capacity of 750, so that is something they will surely look to improve quickly. They have also retained the contracts of most of the teams youth squad, but all of the first team squad were sold or released.

With the new club now financially sound, it is time to start thinking about their path back into the Premiership. The first choice for the new club is to find their new manager. Many have called for ex-player Fabrice Muamba to be the new manager.

Who will they hire as manager? Continue reading to find out.

Enjoying this already!! Did you play the fitst few seasons yourself under other names whilst slowly destroying the club?

Enjoying this already!! Did you play the fitst few seasons yourself under other names whilst slowly destroying the club?

Nope, this genuinely happened. I was playing as another club when I noticed they were relegated into L1. Was even most shocked when I saw them go into the BSP. The debt wasnt obviously that bad, but Its a story :p

Wow, really, never seen a club implode that much before, except when i fixed it so Sunderland would drop down the divisions!! Keep it up, good story!!

24th June 2021

Bolton Hire Muamba As Manager

article-2242392-164BF145000005DC-895_233x389.jpg

Bolton City FC fans got their wish granted today as ex-player Fabrice Muamba has been appointed as their first ever manager. Muamba played for Bolton between 2008 and 2012, but had to retire to to a cardiac arrest.

"I am delighted to be able to help out the club I love." Muamba said. "It is such a shame what the club has been through, and its time the fans had something to cheer about. The fans were amazing with me after the problems I had back in 2012. I couldnt turn my back on them."

The biggest question of all is would Muamba be able to cope with the stress of the job. When asked, he replied, "I have spoken to the doctors and they have given me the all clear. My health has been fine over the last few years, so I feel I will be able to cope."

24th July 2021

Lots of Transfer Activity at Bolton City FC

As expected there has been lots of transfer activity both in and out of Bolton City. As they were only able to retain the services of Boltons youth players, they would have to strengthen their squad to stand a chance this season. Here are just a few of the best players they have brought into the team:

View attachment 320864 View attachment 320865 View attachment 320866

Arnoldo *** is arguably the most exciting player the club has brought in. The Panamanian striker has made an impressive 88 caps for his country, and score 60 goals in that time! The Bolton City fans will be eagerly awaiting his debut next month. He spent his whole career at Panamanian side Tauro FC, where he scored 73 league goals in 146 appearances.

Muamba appears to be looking to build a very hard working squad.

Very different so far. Looking forward to more.

1st August 2021

Muamba - The Tactician Inside

Now would be a good time to try and get an inside knowledge of what goes on in the tactical centre inside Muambas brain. As a player, he was known for his exceptional hard work and his tough tackling. It appears he has taken the same principles into his management career also. He is a look at a formation which he seems to be settled on.

BoltonWanderers_TacticsOverview_zpsc50747e6.png

He seems to have adopted a ridged but attacking 4-4-2 formation (or 1-3-2-1-2 if you want to be pedantic) . It is rather unusual adaptation of this common tactic, involving a sweeper and defensive midfielder. Its a formation that focuses on 5 very defensive players, and 5 very free flowing attacking players. Will this interesting tactical gamble pay off? Only time will tell.

1st September 2021

"More Time To Gel" - Muamba

Its been a very mixed start for the new club and manager, but maybe they can be excused so far as they are still learning each other. "We have shown some really good football at times" Muamba said. "We just need more time to gel, and then I feel we will start to get more consistent results." They are currently sitting 9th in the table, perhaps some way off their target. There is however, plenty of the season left to play.

BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewProfile_zps6988dc15.png

Northampton 1 - 0 Bolton

Not the best start for Bolton, they ended up loosing 1-0 to a hard working Northampton side.

Bolton 2 - 0 Hereford

Bolton picked up their first win of the season with Cummings getting himself on the score sheet twice.

Bolton 1 - 0 Accrington

Another win for Bolton despite this being one of the dullest matches ever. Teddy Bishop got the goal in the 92nd minute

Bolton 2 - 1 Cheltenham

Arnoldo *** returned from international duty and showed the Bolton fans just what he could do. His 2 goals were enough to see of Cheltenham

Grimsby 3 - 3 Bolton

League leaders Grimsby and Bolton played out a thrilling game at Blundell Park. Cummings doubled his tally this season with 2 more goals, and *** got himself on the score sheet for a second game running.

Bolton 0 - 2 Tamworth

Bolton were left stunned by Tamworth after a shocking performance.

Bolton 2 - 2 Barnet

*** and Allen got themselves goals for Bolton, who were just unable to hold on for the win and conceded in the last minute