View attachment 283599

February Review

Results

6/2/15 / De Graafschap v Telstar

View attachment 283586

A solid performance and result to start the month. Telstar put up a decent fight, but we were definitely the better team and eased to a 2-0 win through goals from Vermeij and Asdrubal.

13/2/15 / De Graafschap v FC Oss

View attachment 283587

A brilliant performance against FC Oss, who are fighting for a play-off spot this year. We showed our class, and completely played them off the pitch. We were 4-0 up after only 16 minutes, that is the definition of starting fast! A perfect performance, shame we couldn't keep the clean sheet but I am not complaining.

20/2/15 / De Graafschap v Jong PSV

View attachment 283588

Jong PSV are at the bottom of the table so in theory this should've been an easier game than the FC Oss game. We couldn't break the deadlock and went in at half time 0-0. I got the boys rallied up, and 2 Vincent Vermeij goals dragged us to a 2-0 win. 3 wins in a row!

27/2/15 / Helmond Sport v De Graafschap

View attachment 283589

The final game of the month would be far by the toughest. Helmond Sport are in 5th spot, and are fighting for a place in the play-offs. We were 2-1 down going into the final 10 minutes of the game and we pushed for a goal, and it came through Asdrubal! It looked like we would escape with a point, but they came straight back at us and scored. A disappointing way to end the month.

Player of the Month

View attachment 283590

I almost gave it to Asdrubal who has been a brilliant addition, but Vincent Vermeij has been too good this month. He has scored at least once in all 4 games, scoring 5 goals in total. He is currently the top scorer of the league, even though he has missed a number of games through injury. He is our key man right now, as long as he is fit we go into every game thinking we can outscore the other team.

Jupiler League

View attachment 283591

We have extended out lead at the top of the table to 8 points ahead of FC Eindhoven. Roda are 9 points behind us. They are still the only real challengers with 9 games left in the league. If we can have another good month like we have done in January and February, I can't see us being beaten this year.

Fixtures

View attachment 283592

March looks fairly straight forward on paper. We have 2 home games, which are both winnable even though Fortuna Sittard have hit form. Jong FC Twente have struggled all year, Sparta will be our biggest test but I think we are still favourites going into that game.​

Dunno why but I love your stories mate. I even reinstalled FM after a few months of abstinence hah :)

View attachment 283564

Youth Intake Update

We upgraded our youth coaching this year, with hopes that it would improve our youth intake. I was hoping we would bring up some players who within a few season would be challenging for first team football.

View attachment 283555

A few promising players by the looks of things, lets take a look at a few of the best.

Daryl Boons

View attachment 283551

This guy is in my opinion the most promising. He has high determination and bravery which are 2 key attributes for a centre back, hopefully we can develop him well!

Richard Schouten

View attachment 283550

At first glance he is probably the most promising. Has the potential to become a top centre back. Only thing that's letting him down for me is his determination.

Rens Van Boekal

View attachment 283549

I like the look of this guy. Has some decent technical ability, I really like his high natural fitness as well. Potential to be a top playmaker.​

View attachment 283526

March Review

Results

6/3/15 / Sparta v De Graafschap

View attachment 283499

An absolute thriller. We come away from Sparta with 3 points after the game finished 5-4, with 9 different scorers! A brilliant result, and a great game of football.

9/3/15 / De Graafschap v Fortuna Sittard

View attachment 283498

We were the better team, but we weren't our lethal selves up front. I cant remember the last time we failed to score in a game. We move on.

13/3/15 / De Graafschap v FC Emmen

View attachment 283500

A solid performance and back to winning ways. We could've won by more, but I'm not too dissapointed. Hidde Jurius marked his return with a clean sheet, which was very pleasing to see.

20/3/15 / Jong FC Twente v De Graafschap

View attachment 283501

We conceded early, but the boys were fired up and stormed to a 4-1 victory against one of the leagues poorest sides.

Player of the Month

View attachment 283502

Asdrubal has been superb since coming in from his local side Las Palmas. He has settled in almost instantly, making it impossible to take him out of the team.

Jupiler League

View attachment 283497

We have cemented our place in top spot even further after 3 wins in 4 games in March. We need only 7 points from 5 games in April to secure promotion, and that is if Roda win all of their remaining games. FC Eindhoven's title push is over after a poor month, Roda are just about clinging on 9 points behind, but it is now out of their hands and in ours.

Fixtures

View attachment 283490

The first 3 games will be tough, especially at home to NEC and away at Voldenham. But I think that we should secure the title this month fairly comfortably. Lets go!​

Boons and Schouton are promising...
Good results btw,but not agains Fortuna :)

Great going so far this season mate, I'd say the title is in the bag.

I'm 7 or 8 seasons into a save with ADO Den Haag and I'm finding that Holland is an interesting country to manage in as the reputation of the league has been on the slide for a few years but there is still quite a lot of potentially big clubs with room for growth if you can get the league to improve a bit.

Great going so far this season mate, I'd say the title is in the bag.

I'm 7 or 8 seasons into a save with ADO Den Haag and I'm finding that Holland is an interesting country to manage in as the reputation of the league has been on the slide for a few years but there is still quite a lot of potentially big clubs with room for growth if you can get the league to improve a bit.

Thanks man, I hope so! Ahhh yeah, used to be a lot bigger when Ajax were in their prime. Hopefully if we grow, Dutch football will too.

Boons and Schouton are promising...
Good results btw,but not agains Fortuna :)

Yeah hopefully they can develop, thanks mate :)

View attachment 283285

April Review

We went into April with the title in sight!

Results

3/4/15 / De Graafschap v NEC

View attachment 283281

A great result to start the month! We battled hard, and beat NEC 4-2 at home.

7/3/15 / MVV v De Graafschap

View attachment 283279

We were the better team in this game, unbelievable how we lost it by 3 goals. We had more chances, we hit the post 3 times!

10/4/15 / Voldenhem v De Graafschap

View attachment 283273

We went into this game knowing that a win would guarantee us the title. We went 2-0 down, and it looked like a repeat of last game was happening. But we didn't give up, Yesil and Vida scored within a few minutes of eachother and we only needed 1 goal! It came 10 minutes later through Jordan Garcia-Calvette. Unbelievably though, Lazic who was been awful lately conceded a penalty which they scored, making it 3-3. We would have to wait for the Roda game, anything but a win for them would win us the title.

Roda drew 0-0 with Sparta, and we had won the title with 2 games to spare! A great achievement, considering we were 50/1 to win the league at the start of the year. The Eredivisie awaits!

View attachment 283278

View attachment 283277

I immediately signed a new contract with the club, keeping me at De Graafschap until 2017 on 2.5k per week.

View attachment 283276

17/4/15 / De Graafschap v RKC

View attachment 283274

I instant resulted the last 2 games as I knew we had won the title. Don't know how we lost this game, but we did.

24/4/15 / De Graafschap v FC Den Bosch

View attachment 283275

I instant resulted this game too, a good way to end the season.

Jupiler League

View attachment 283283

We win the league! It was fairly comfortably in the end, winning by 9 points. A great season!

Fixtures

View attachment 283284

Not the best month we've had this season, but it doesn't matter!

Transfer News

View attachment 283272

The board set an insane budget once we achieved promotion! We are currently spending around 30K p/w on wages, they are giving us 90K p/w with 1.5 million to spend on players!​

Can't wait to see the transfers. I used to manage in Holland as there's is always a bunch of good and cheap national players to pick up!

You've done quite a lot around here ! A marvellous job,winning the league...
But why so little money to spend ?

Can't wait to see the transfers. I used to manage in Holland as there's is always a bunch of good and cheap national players to pick up!

Thanks a lot man! I'm in July, its been alright so far, just looking for deals! It's a lot harder to get Dutch players than I thought it would be though.

You've done quite a lot around here ! A marvellous job,winning the league...
But why so little money to spend ?

Thanks man! Really happy with the first season. That is loads of money considering I have only just been promoted to the Eredivisie! The highest earner at my club is earning 1.8k, and I have 60K available to me :)

Just caught up mate well done on winning the league :)

Looking forward to see what you're going to do next.

View attachment 283185

End of Season Awards

Jupiler League Player of the Year

View attachment 283184

Pereira won player of the year, with Vincent Vermeij finishing in 3rd.

Young Player of the Year

View attachment 283183

De Graafschap players dominate Jupiler League young player of the year.

Jupiler League Manager of the Year

View attachment 283180

I walked Manager of the year.

Play-off Result

View attachment 283178

SC Cambuur will stay in the Eredivise, and Voldenham will join us in the Eredivise next season.​

View attachment 282337

Summer Transfer Window Review

I was given a really nice budget by the board, but instead of wasting it on big contracts and transfer fees I looked to spend it wisely, trying to get the best deal I could on every player. Let the Pozzo wheeling and dealing begin!

Players In

Asdrubal & Cihat Celik / Las Palmas & NEC - Free

View attachment 282335

View attachment 282334

The two guys who we agreed to sign in January join us on a free. Asdrubal was brilliant last year, hopefully he can continue his form.

Borja Granero / Racing Santander - Free

View attachment 282333

I think I am most pleased with this transfer. We picked Borja up for free, and he looks a real talent. One are which we lacked quality last year was a defensive minded midfield, hopefully he can fill that gap and progress to be a top player for us!

Branco Van den Boomen / FC Eindhoven - 190K

View attachment 282331

We signed Branco from last seasons rivals FC Eindhoven for a small fee. He will play in midfield or at centre back for us, and looks a really good player already, and he has only just turned 20!

Florian Riedal / Kaiserslautern - Free

View attachment 282330

Van der Wal isn't good enough to start at Right Back for us in the Eredivisie, I think this guy is a much better player.

Javi Noblejas / Real Madrid - Free

View attachment 282329

Vlatko Lazic was really poor at the end of last year. I think I have found a real gem at left back, I think he will develop well and make an instant impact in the first team.

Saleh Gomaa / ENPPI - Free

View attachment 282328

I wanted to bring Periera back on loan but Man Utd wanted to keep him after his top performances last season. I thought it would be really hard to replace but I think Saleh Gomaa could be even better than him. He has played on loan in the Portugese League for the past 2 seasons, and could be a really good pick up for us!

Kevin Pannewitz / Goslar - Free

View attachment 282326

I didn't need this man, but he was too good to ignore.

Darren Keet / KV Kortrijk - 275K

View attachment 282322

A solid keeper. I felt Hirius was slightly too young to be our first team keeper in this league, so I bought a more experienced keeper Darren Keet. He has a good work ethic, hopefully he can tutor Hirius.

Davy Williams / FC Eindhoven - 76K

View attachment 282318

A young player with some potential we will see how he develops.

Sami Messaoudi / Telstar - 100K

View attachment 282319

Another decent Dutch regen, we will see how he develops too.

Gedion Zelalem / Arsenal - Loan

View attachment 282314

We bring the promising youngster in from Arsenal for the season as a back-up, we won't need to pay any wages.

Federico Piovaccari / Sampdoria - Loan

View attachment 282313

The board decided to link up with the big Italian club and become affiliates. They finished 2nd in the Serie A last season. I wanted to bring in a back-up striker on loan especially as we have had a few injuries, hopefully he will make an impact, and he is free!

Players Out

Caner Cavlan / Heracles - 850K

View attachment 282312

He had a half decent season last season, but he was fairly poor in some games and I didn't really know where to fit him in. I think his stats do not represent how well he actually plays. I believe I got a really good fee for him aswell.

Jerry Van Ewijk / Heracles - 550K

View attachment 282310

He is a decent player, but I dont think he is worth that much money.

Lars Van Roon / Sparta - 285K

View attachment 282309

He is a useful player, I didn't want to sell him but again he isnt worth that money.

Jasper Heusinkveld / KV Kortrik - 110K

View attachment 282308

Basically swapped him for our new keeper Darren Keet. I think we got the better deal.

Vlatko Lazic / Voldenham - 150K

View attachment 282306

I sold him as I didnt really want him, and he was getting ready to leave.

View attachment 282300

All in all I am happy with the window. There were a few players we missed out on as other clubs snapped them up, but I think we have a good foundation to build on in the Eredivisie.

Transfer Window Round-up

View attachment 282305

The big teams in Holland lost some of their better players, PSV loosing Bakali and Ajax loosing Lasse Schone both for free.

Season Preview

View attachment 282304

We are predicted to finish 11th after our brilliant year last season. My personal aim is to finish in the top 8, it will be tough but I think we have the squad to do it. We are 50/1 to win the league again, just like last season ;)

Eredivisie 14/15

View attachment 282303

PSV stormed past Ajax on their way to winning the Eredivise last year. Mainly because of Memphis Depay, he averaged 8.14, scored 16 and assisted 14 in 27 league games!

Pre-Season Injury Blows

We suffered a few real blows in the build up to this season. Dean Koolhof who was a key player for us last season and will be this season tore his calf, meaning he wont play until November at the earliest. Kristopher Vida will also miss some time.

View attachment 282302 View attachment 282301

Last edited:
Nice transfer window mate. Like the look of quite a few of the signings, Gomaa especially looks like an absolute bargain.