The Premier League Thread

Adam Crafton
@AdamCrafton_
·
Jul 20, 2020
#thfc Spurs have now completed signing of Alfie Devine from Wigan. Player passed medical and signed terms over weekend. Beat Leeds, Celtic, West Ham, Brighton and Chelsea to 15-year-old midfielder. Chief scout Brian Carey led pursuit & Jose rubber stamped.

Disgrace. As is the constant rise in kit prices overall
If there is one club that has lost most respect during Covid, it is Arsenal.

Btw crazy to see how financialy fuuu up is Barcelona. Probably something will save them, but there must see some effect being in so much dept and with screwed finances. Just read that Atltico has also over 1bil debt.

If there is one club that has lost most respect during Covid, it is Arsenal.

Btw crazy to see how financialy fuuu up is Barcelona. Probably something will save them, but there must see some effect being in so much dept and with screwed finances. Just read that Atltico has also over 1bil debt.
Them top Spanish clubs are major major in debt. And now banks are not bailing them out anymore due to the current financial crisis. The longer it goes on there’s gonna be a breaking point somewhere for them.

Here is me going for a full table again....Will justify some of the positions:

1. Liverpool - We have strengthened our weakest (in terms of depth) position, and if we get in a couple more like Thiago I can see it being another monster season for us.
2. City - I think their season relies on how well Ake settles in. If he is solid, it will be a close fight between them and us. They could do with another ST though as Aguero is getting on and has struggled with injuries recently.
3. Chelsea - I think Chelsea have made some good signings so far, Werner and Ziyech are great players, and with how Pulisic is progressing, I can see them having a good season. Still someway off the top 2 though.
4. Wolves - Similar to what Scouse said. No Europe so less games, could be a dark horse this season.
5. United - If anything happens to Fernandes, their season is over. He has transformed them this season, but they still have some work to do.
6. Arsenal - No signs of any defensive signings so far which will really hurt them.
7. Spurs - Only going backwards under Mourinho.
8. Leicester - No signs of any transfers yet. Vardy is getting on a little now so I think his scoring will start to slow a little.
9. Everton
10. Southampton
11. Sheffield United - 2nd season syndrome. Wont hit them too hard I dont think, but still wont be as good as this season.
12. Brighton - Predicting Brighton's highest finish in the top flight (I think?).
13. Burnley
14. Newcastle
15. Leeds
16. Crystal Palace
17. West Ham
18. West Brom
19. Fulham - They will have learnt from their mistakes late time they were promoted, but still dont see them staying up.
20. Aston Villa - Fortunate to stay up last season. Cant see them getting as lucky this season.

It will be interesting to see who finishes top scorer too this season. Vardy and Auba are starting to get on a little bit, the way Mou sets up Spurs wont lead to Kane scoring loads. There genuinely arent any STs I would call "World Class" in the premiership at the moment. It will probably be some like Sterling or Mane who get it I think.

Oh boy, I know we arent half way through yet, but these are looking waaaaaay off 😂

Disgrace. As is the constant rise in kit prices overall
So true but I've noticed all Premiership Clubs have some sort of sale on at the moment which is normal. Man Utd, Man City, Wolves, Southampton and Sheff Utd all have discounts on current Home kits of between 20 -50% (Southampton have the best deal with home shirts for under £20) and virtually all the rest have discounts on either Away or Third kits. Which rarely happens mid season.

One to watch out for!

Graeme Bailey

@GraemeBailey

West Ham manager David Moyes is a huge fan of Mipo Odubeko - the former Man United starlet they snapped up little over 12-months ago. He is set to make his Premier League debut this weekend and could be the long-term answer up-front for The Hammers, they rate him that highly.