The Premier League Thread

Amad Diallo may be in the matchday squad for United away at Fulham tomorrow. Was not present for the U23s last night so it suggests that he may travel to London. Rashford due a rest so could be backup to Greenwood on the right wing.

Exciting nonethless.

Leicester to smash Chelsea tonight and go top of the league by the way.

Summary:

The Premier League are investigating whether West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion breached regulations with an agreement that Robert Snodgrass would not play in tonight’s match at London Stadium, reports Oliver Kay.

West Brom manager Sam Allardyce revealed beforehand that Snodgrass was unavailable for the game due to “an agreement between the clubs” as part of the deal to sign the former Scotland midfielder from West Ham on January 8.

Such an agreement — whether written or informal — might constitute a breach of Premier League regulation I 7, which states that “no club shall enter into a contract which enables another party to that contract to acquire the ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams in league matches”.

The league are investigating the matter. What did West Brom say? The club said: “Sam Allardyce has confirmed Robert Snodgrass is unavailable to play in tonight’s game owing to the agreement reached with West Ham to sign the player.”

I did think that would come back to bite them when I read about that stipulation on the BBC earlier today.

Looks like Allardyce has put his foot in it.

I did think that would come back to bite them when I read about that stipulation on the BBC earlier today.

Looks like Allardyce has put his foot in it.
Btw welcome to the forum ;)

Ta @Vanjagl . Appreciated.

Why would the gravy slurper say anything? The man is absolutely clueless.

He is idiotic to even say it publicly. What was he thinking...

It's standard practice to bench a player who's about to transfer to avoid last minute injuries messing up the deal, would be hypocrisy of highest degree to punish the clubs.

Why would he want him anyway lol he’s pants 😂 he’s like a safety blanket. Takes him everywhere I think.

Ffs, Chelsea had one job
He is so lost. I mean Mendy fall has been also bretty evidental to just bad structure in the back line. Begs the question if Kepas bad form was Franks own doing also. Players look lost and unmotivated. Should not be thing if u have exlegend taking the helm. But Frank even himself does not know what is the best line up to have after 1,5 year in the job + brings so much new blood into the squad.

1611133167992.png

Where is midfield? (Chelsea is in white)

Last edited:
He is so lost. I mean Mendy fall has been also bretty evidental to just bad structure in the back line. Begs the question if Kepas bad form was Franks own doing also. Players look lost and unmotivated. Should not be thing if u have exlegend taking the helm. But Frank even himself does not know what is the best line up to have after 1,5 year in the job + brings so much new blood into the squad.

View attachment 532354
Where is midfield? (Chelsea is in white)
That looks like the training drill where one bib stand in a circle and the other colour bibs are in the middle trying to win the ball back 😂😂

To be fair to Lampard his record at Chelsea hasn't been that bad (it's better than he managed with Derby), but when you are expected to be looking at a minimum of a top 4 place especially after spending so much in the last transfer window with a trigger happy owner then we maybe saying Прощай, Фрэнк (Proshchay, Frenk) in the near future...

When these stories start coming out it’s not usually long!

🔹

Chelsea hierarchy open to idea of next manager being German speaker

🔹

Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Rangnick among options

🔹

Tap into influence of Bundesliga & bring best out of Werner, Havertz & others

🔹

Would also sit well in #CFC club structure

📝

@domfifield & @SJohnsonSport