The Quest for European Dominance - A Red Star Belgrade Story

1619549386663.png

Stevan Stojanovic

Goalkeeper and captain of the 1991 European Cup winning side, Stojanovic only made 97 apps for the club but he still managed to win 3 league titles, a cup and of course the European Cup while at the club between 1982-91. He later went on to join Belgian side Antwerp where he won a national cup and played in the Cup-Winners Cup final.

AUGUST

vojvodina.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Erakovic, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic (Sanogo), Petrovic (Nikolic), Vidosavljevic (Ivanic), Kanga*, Stevanovic, Arezo

Our 3rd league game and our 3rd 3-1 victory! We fell behind early on but 2 goals from Kanga and a super goal from Stevanovic won it for us.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
legia.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Erakovic, Pankov, Rodic (Jevremovic), Grujic, Petrovic (Ivanic*), Falco, Kanga, Stevanovic (Vidosavljevic), Arezo

This was a great game. We fell behind to a Giuseppe Rossi goal and then Petrovic had a goal disallowed however we werent to be denied as Kanga powered in an effort from a tight angle. They took the lead just after half-time however but yet again we fought back to level through Arezo. Then in stoppage time Ivanic scored the best goal I have ever seen as he hit a first time volley from 35 yards into the top corner.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Erakovic (Degenek), Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic*, Falco (Vidosavljevic), Kanga (Ivanic), Stevanovic, Arezo

GET IN!!!!!!

I get my first victory over Partizan at the 4th attempt thanks to a stoppage time winner from Vidosavljevic when he tapped in at the back post. We probably deserved to nick it in truth so I am delighted with the victory.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
warsaw.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Erakovic, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic*, Petrovic, Falco, Kanga (Ivanic), Stevanovic (Vidosavljevic), Arezo (Durdevic)

We certainly seem to like scoring stoppage time winners as we have won our last 3 games with goals in injury time. It was Vidosavljevic who got the winner for the 2nd game running. RB Salzburg are our opponents in the next round.

--

radnik.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic (Nikolic), Petrovic (Ivanic), Vidosvaljevic (Falco), Kanga, Stevanovic*, Arezo

No need for a late winner here as we easily beat our opponents thanks to doubles from Arezo and Stevanovic. The games are coming thick and fast at the moment and some of my players may need to be rested.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
salzburg.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic (Erakovic), Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic*, Petrovic, Falco (Vidosavljevic), Kanga (Ivanic), Stevanovic, Arezo

Supersub Vidosavljevic strikes again!!!! He grabbed his 5th goal of the season here to put us in a commanding position at 2-0 up however annoyingly they pulled a late away goal back which hopefully wont cost us.

--

VOZDOVAC.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic (Nikolic), Petrovic (Ivanic), Vidosavljevic*, Kanga, Stevanovic (Gavric), Arezo

A tremendous performance and result as we score 5 goals with 5 different scorers which was nice. However Stevanovic got injured and will be out for 2-3 months so that is a big blow.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 2nd Leg
bull.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic (Jevremovic), Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Gavric (Ivanic), Arezo (Durdevic)

We reach the group stage but by god it was close. They took the lead through Adeyemi and although we got a fortunate leveller they just went up to the other end and scored again and when they went 3-1 up shortly after half-time I feared the worst. Fortunately Vidosavljevic pulled a goal back and we held on to win the game on away goals. They battered us towards the end but we managed to cling on - just!

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Erakovic), Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic*, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic (Gavric), Arezo (Durdevic)

My recent signing, Nemanja Radonjic, got a debut goal here and picked up an injury so it was an eventful day for him! Yet again Grujic strolled through the match and he is far too good for this level of football.

--

SUMMARY

August arguably is the most important month of the entire season at the moment. What with the transfer window coming to an end and cramming in 9 games in both league and Champions League made it pretty hectic!!!

We did well though. In the league we won all 5 fixtures including a fantastic away victory over Partizan Belgrade where we got a last minute winner and also handing out sound thrashings to Radnik and Vozdovac. We are just 3pts clear however as it seems that Partizan have improved since last term.

In the Champions League we successfully navigated the qualifiers to reach the money spinning group stage. Legia Warsaw were defeated 5-3 on aggregate and that set us up with a tie against RB Salzburg and after winning 2-1 at home we lost 3-2 away to go through on away goals. We will not repeat our heroics from last year however as we have been given a pig of a group alongside PSG, Borussia Dortmund and CFR Cluj. 3rd place is the best that we can get methinks.
1619549833008.png
1619549855395.png
1619549880508.png
1619549955284.png

Regarding the transfer window I was forced to dip into the market due to the injury of Stevanovic to bring in another winger so on deadline day I paid Marseille £4m to bring back Nemanja Radonjic back to the club after he had a season here before joining the French club for £10.5m. He is currently in the Serbia squad which shows his calibre and he scored on his debut too which was nice.
radonjic.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARKO GRUJIC
mg.png

--

SUPER LIGA
AUG.png

1619550197462.png

Vladimir Jugovic

Central midfielder Jugovic had a stellar career in European football playing for the likes of Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Lazio, Monaco and Juventus amongst others. He started his career at Red Star however and in 3 seasons (1989-92) he made 100 appearances and scored 16 goals. He won 3 league titles, the European Cup and an Intercontinental Cup. He also played 41 times for Yugoslavia, scoring 3 goals.

--

SEPTEMBER

mladost.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic (Nikolic), Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga*, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

We werent at our free flowing best here but we won easily enough as expected. Pankov headed us into the lead and then Kanga converted a penalty late on which Radonjic won.

--

UEFA Champions League Group F
psg.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic (Nikolic), Vidosavljevic, Kanga (Ivanic), Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

We were excellent here and could so easily have got a draw with the chances that we created but when you look at their team it is a wonder how we kept them at bay. In addition to Mbappe and Neymar they have signed Valverde, Bernat, Vlasic, Sterling and a certain Lionel Messi!!!!!!!

--

macva.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic*, Kanga, Radonjic (Falco), Arezo (Krstovic)

For over an hour we were pretty poor and not really threatening but I put on Falco and Krstovic and they both popped up with a goal each with Falco grabbing the opener direct from a free-kick.

--

1923.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek (Erakovic), Pankov, Rodic, Ivanic, Petrovic (Sanogo), Vidosavljevic, Falco (Stankovic), Radonjic*, Arezo

This was a game in which we dominated but just didnt look ruthless enough but in the end Nemanja Radonjic struck twice to make it 10 wins out of 10 in the league this season.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gobeljic, Degenek, Babic, Rodic, Grujic (Ivanic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

Not good enough. This time we were made to pay for our poor finishing in front of goal as Arezo's form has dropped off a cliff. Even after they equalised Kanga missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed but we shouldnt have waited to be pegged back to start going for it again. Our 100% record in the league is over.

--

cluj.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gobeljic, Babic, Pankov, Rodic (Jevremovic), Ivanic, Petrovic (Sanogo), Falco, Kanga (Nikolic), Vidosavljevic, Arezo

This was a must win match for us so I am delighted that we managed to get the points. Although the scoreline makes it look like a comfortable win it was anything but tbh.

--

SUMMARY

We werent quite at it this month and arguably our best performance was in the game that we lost to PSG in the Champions League! Every other game it seemed as though that we were just going through the motions and doing just enough but against Spartak that came back to bite us as we dropped 2pts.

Thankfully we did defeat Cluj in the Champions League so we are in pole position to get that 3rd spot. Unless there are any shock scores with us or them against PSG or Dortmund our group is all about our final group game to see if we do finish 3rd and secure Europa League football beyond Christmas.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEMANJA RADONJIC
radonjic.png

--

SUPER LIGA

sep.png

1619850121803.png

Slobodan Marovic

Marovic played at left back in the 1991 European Cup final and in 5 years at the club (1986-91) he made 124 apps, scoring 5 goals before leaving to join IFK Norrkoping. He was capped 4 times by Yugoslavia and alongside the European Cup he won 3 league titles and a Yugoslav Cup.

--

OCTOBER

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic (Nikolic), Sanogo, Vidosavljevic, Kanga*, Radonjic (Falco), Arezo (Krstovic)

Radnicki are 3rd in the table so to beat them so comfortably without them having a shot on goal is quite pleasing. Vidosavljevic had a goal disallowed.

--

Kup Srbije 1st Round
rad.png

Lineup - Milinkovic-Savic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Nikolic (Stankovic), Sanogo, Falco, Ivanic (Bacanin), Vidosavljevic*, Arezo (Krstovic)

I could have postponed this match as Serbia were playing so I was missing a few players but I thought it would give me a chance to give some of my backups a start and it worked out ok for me in the end.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Rodic (Jevremovic), Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga*, Radonjic, Arezo (Durdevic)

After 6 league games without scoring, Arezo was back in amongst the goals here which was pleasing as we easily beat Cukaricki.

--

dortmund.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Erakovic), Degenek, Babic, Rodic, Grujic (Sanogo), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Ivanic), Falco, Radonjic, Arezo

Naturally I am not happy that we lost but I am happy that we kept the scoreline down as Dortmund pummelled us throughout here. Now I know how it feels to be playing against us in the Super Liga! lol.

--

kolubara.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gobeljic, Babic (Erakovic), Pankov, Rodic, Grujc, Petrovic (Stankovic), Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga, Radonjic, Arezo*

We were stunned after just 30secs as we fell behind but I neednt have worried as Matias Arezo scored a hat-trick (and had 1 chalked off) and Radonjic also continued his good recent run of scoring form to get us an easy win against the bottom of the table side.

--

novi.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Gobeljic), Degenek, Babic, Jevremovic, Ivanic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic*, Falco, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo

We are certainly racking up the goals at the moment as plunder another 5 here. Arezo missed a penalty to deny him back-to-back hat-tricks unfortunately but Stevanovic returned from injury which is a boost although Radonjic has done well in his absence.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Babic), Erakovic, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic (Stankovic), Petrovic, Falco, Kanga, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo*

Another fine win and we have now scored 4, 4, 5 and now another 4 in our last 4 league games! Bad news however - Gajic dislocated his shoulder and will be out for a couple of months.

--

SUMMARY

We really hit form this month with several convincing league victories as we netted 17 goals in just 4 league games. However despite that strong form Partizan are still just 1pt behind us so we certainly have a title race on our hands.

Milan Gajic's injury has given me the opportunity to promote Stefan Despotovski up to the first team squad. With Gajic out for a few months it will give the 18y/o a decent run in the side to see if he can cut it at this level. I wanted to promote him in the summer but I havent been able to sell Gobeljic yet!

Finally after several fallings out with Veljko Nikolic I have agreed to sell him to Dinamo Moscow at the end of January for an initial £2.7m. He is a decent player but his contract was going to expire next season so I have decided to cash in on him now after he requested a transfer.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATIAS AREZO
AREZO.png

--

SUPER LIGA
oct.png

1619853105068.png

Refik Sabanadzovic

Between 1987-91, Sabanadzovic made just 62 appearances for Red Star, scoring twice. He won 2 league titles, 1 Yugoslav cup and of course the European Cup where he played at RB before moving to Greece to play for AEK Athens and Olympiakos where he was also successful. He was capped 8 times by Yugoslavia.

--

NOVEMBER

0-2.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Despotovski, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Falco (Ivanic), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo (Durdevic)

Meh. On another day we could so easily have gotten a draw as we certainly didnt deserve to be losing at half-time but their 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of us and killed the game off.

--

proleter.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gobeljic, Babic (Duric), Erakovic, Jevremovic, Ivanic, Petrovic (Stankovic), Falco, Kanga*, Radonjic, Arezo (Durdevic)

Despite being without my entire back 4 plus a couple of backups and my first choice CM and RW we put on a show to destroy Proleter here and the 6 goals means it is now 23 goals scored in our last 5 league matches. Radonjic's 2nd goal was a stunning volley from distance but I am ****** off that they scored with their only shots on goal.

--

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
brodorac.png

Lineup
- Milinkovic-Savic, Despotovski, Babic, Erakovic (Duric), Jevremovic, Ivanic*, Nikolic, Falco, Stevanovic (Bacanin), Gavric, Durdevic (Krstovic)

With us being up against a non league side I played an entire team of backups here. We got the win but I would have liked to have scored more in all honesty and Durdevic continues to struggle and still awaits his first goal for us.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Despotovski, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic, Falco*, Kanga (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Arezo (Durdevic)

Filippo Falco scores yet again - 4 league matches in a row and he is keeping Vidosavljevic out of the team while he is at it!

--

paris.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gobeljic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic (Jevremovic), Ivanic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Stevanovic (Gavric), Durdevic (Krstovic)

I blatantly knew we would get stuffed here so decided to rest a few players for our upcoming game against Partizan Belgrade which is much more important! Durdevic did finally score here but alas it was disallowed. We have now been eliminated from the Champions League.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Despotovski, Degenek, Pankov (Babic), Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic (Ivanic), Falco, Kanga, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo*

A huge win as we move 6pts clear of our biggest rivals. Arezo put us ahead early on and it was a game of cat and mouse after that. Not our best performance but the win could prove to be crucial.

--

SUMMARY

We took a big stride towards retaining the title this month as we beat Partizan Belgrade to move 6pts clear at the top of the table. Considering I havent lost a single league game yet then I fully expect us to be all but champions already although we will have another game against Partizan Belgrade after the split.

We progressed in the Serbian Cup but in the Champions League we have been knocked out unsurprisingly. We go into the final match against Cluj knowing that if we avoid defeat we will drop into the Europa League. I would like us to beat them however to get our hands on £2.4m lol.

There was bad news this month as my top prospect, Nikola Stankovic, damaged his cruciate ligaments while on international duty and is out for 8-9 months. He was gradually getting more game time and was going to step up when Nikolic left so this is a huge blow for us.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FILIPPO FALCO
FALCO.png

--

SUPER LIGA
NOV.png

1619863681037.png

Miodrag Belodedici

Romanian Belodidici was a CB who actually won the European Cup with Steaua Bucharest before signing for Red Star in 1989. In 3 years he played 63 times and scored 3 goals before moving to Valencia in Spain. He won 3 league titles, the European Cup, Intercontinental Cup and a Yugoslav cup while at Red Star and he was capped 55 times by Romania - scoring 5 goals.

--

DECEMBER

radnik.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gobeljic, Degenek, Pankov*, Rodic (Jevremovic), Ivanic, Petrovic (Nikolic), Vidosavljevic, Falco, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo

A comfortable away victory which secures us a playoff place apparently. As if I was worried about not qualifying for the league title split lol.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Despotovski, Degenek, Pankov (Babic), Rodic, Grujic*, Ivanic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic, Arezo (Durdevic)

Guellor Kanga decided to take Serbian citizenship during the week and celebrated that by scoring our opener here. He is now no longer classed as a foreign player naturally so out of the 4 I am allowed I only have 3 in the squad now - Falco, Sanogo and Arezo. I can have more but only 4 are allowed in a matchday squad.

--

3-0.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gobeljic, Babic, Pankov, Rodic (Jevremovic), Grujic (Ivanic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Falco*), Kanga, Stevanovic, Arezo

We did what was required! We only needed a draw or even a narrow defeat to ensure that we got into the Europa League for after Christmas but I wanted us to get the win and the £2.4m that came with it so I am pleased that we managed to do that.

--

3-1.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Despotovski, Degenek, Babic, Rodic (Jevremovic), Ivanic, Sanogo, Vidosavljevic (Nikolic), Falco, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo*

This was our last match until February due to the winter break. We won 3-1 even though we were down to 10 men as Sanogo got sent-off. This was a fairwell appearance for both he and Nikolic as both have transfers arranged for January.

--

SUMMARY

We end 2021 in fine fashion. We won every match this month and still have our 6pt lead at the top of the table and our win over Cluj in the Champions League was nice. We are now in the Europa League and have a tricky tie against Braga of Portugal to look forward too.

I signed a new contract towards the end of the month, the youth intake is apparently going to be good so everything is dandy!!!!!!

I will need to sign or promote a central midfield player or maybe even 2 as Sanogo and Nikolic will be sold and Stankovic is obviously out injured so there may be some movement in the window towards incoming players.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIRKO IVANIC
ivanic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
DEC.png

1619872968739.png

JANUARY

Just a quick post to tell you all about the comings and goings that have happened.

I already knew that Nikolic was joining Dinamo Moscow for £2.7m and Sanogo was off to PAOK for £550,000 but I also managed to sell 2 other first team players. Firstly I finally managed to get rid of Milan Pavkov as he joined Vojvodina for £325,000. I have had him transfer listed all season so it was nice to finally cash in on him. Then Uros Durdevic requested a transfer as bizarrely he said he didnt think he would ever be good enough to become a regular starter with us.

Now that shocked me as he is, ability wise, 2nd only to Arezo in the league but he had been hopeless for us so I ended up selling him to Huesca for £1.6m which is a £1.4m hit on the fee that we paid for him.

Incoming was 1 player for now, 2 for the future and 2 players were called up!!!!

The lone signing was done on deadline day as I was scrambling about trying to find a CM and I did so in the shape of Dorde Denic who joined from Apollon Limassol for £875,000. He is a decent player, at a decent age and should get a few opportunities this season.
denic.png

Promoted to the 1st team is Marko Lazetic and Milivoje Mitrovic. Lazetic made a couple of appearances last season and scored and is leading the scoring charts in the 2nd division for my B team so he gets called up to replace Durdevic while Mitrovic came in in last seasons youth intake and the midget midfielder looks like a handy prospect so with me being short in midfielders I took the chance to call him up.
lazetic.png
mitrovic.png

1619874055656.png

Ilija Najdoski

Najdoski played for 4 years between 1988-92 for Red Star and the CB made 114 apps, scoring 7 goals. As the European Cup side broke up he joined Real Valladolid in Spain and later had spells in Turkey, Bulgaria and Switzerland. He played 11 times for Yugoslavia, scoring once and also won 10 caps for Macedonia - playing in their first ever match.

--

FEBRUARY

mladost.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic (Denic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga*, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

We return from the winter break and absolutely destroy Mladost here. We were superb throughout and could have scored even more than we did. Disappointed to concede a goal though - our defensive record is quite poor this season compared to last season but we are scoring far more goals this season.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg
braga.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gobeljic, Degenek, Pankov (Babic), Rodic, Grujic (Mitrovic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga*, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo

A great result and performance. Probably our best performance of the season if I am honest. We comfortably beat Braga and are surely into the next round as we have a 3 goal advantage. We actually scored our last goal when we were down to 10 men as Gobeljic was off the field injured. Arezo now has 30 goals for the season.

--

macv.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek*, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic (Denic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

Just before the match we were drawn against Macva in the Serbian Cup and we set the standards for that game here with a win and a clean sheet. We werent great though but after our last match I will let them off!

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg
2-1.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Babic), Degenek, Pankov, Rodic (Jevremovic), Grujic (Mitrovic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Falco*, Stevanovic, Krstovic

I am very pleased with this win. We were 1-0 down and I made 3 subs but we got the leveller through Stevanovic but he then went off injured so we were down to 10 men but we still got the winner as Falco fired in a free-kick from distance.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic (Jevremovic), Grujic (Mitrovic), Denic, Vidosavljevic*, Kanga, Radonjic, Krstovic (Lazetic)

Very nice. We trounce our opponents here with a convincing 5-0 victory. Vidosavljevic got a superb hat-trick while Radonjic and Krstovic scored the other 2.

--

SUMMARY

I certainly cant complain with how we have performed on our return from the winter break!!! We have been superb! Domestically we thrashed Mladost 6-1 before beating Macva 2-0 and then ended the month by putting 5 past Radnicki 1923. We are still 6pts clear at the top but the way we are playing I can see that getting larger.

In the Europa League we were excellent against Braga as we beat them 3-0 at home and 2-1 away to sail into the next round and there we will come up against none other than Athletic Bilbao! I have mixed feelings about that naturally!!!!

Youth intake next month!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GUELOR KANGA
KANGA.png

--

SUPER LIGA
MAR.png

wow Red star are doing good in europa league maybe it could be an chance of Red star came back to glory days of winning european competion

hope they will win it and hope to avoid the big giant teams

1619878428237.png

Robert Prosinecki

Mercurial midfielder Prosinecki was just 22 when Red Star won the European Cup. Born in West Germany, he started his career with Dinamo Zagreb before joining Red Star in 1987 and he stayed until 1991. He made 157 apps and scored 37 goals and alongside the European Cup he won 3 league titles and a Yugoslavian Cup. He left to join Real Madrid for £7m and he went on to play for Barcelona, Sevilla, Portsmouth and Standard Liege amongst others. For Yugoslavia he won 15 caps and scored 4 goals and for Croatia he played 49 times, scoring 10 goals.

He managed Red Star between 2010-12 and won 1 Serbian Cup.

--

MARCH

spartak.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic (Denic), Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga, Radonjic, Krstovic (Lazetic*)

15 wins in a row now in the league as my young striker Marko Lazetic came off the bench to grab the winner. We were quite poor in this match so I am pleased that we came through with the win.

--

nicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek (Erakovic), Pankov, Rodic, Grujic (Ivanic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga*, Radonjic, Krstovic

With Arezo being out with a virus for the last few matches Krstovic has come into the side and he picked up the opening goal here. We won easily enough in the end.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
athletic.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic (Mitrovic), Vidosavljevic, Kanga (Falco), Radonjic (Ivanic), Arezo

Disappointing but I cant be too downhearted considering who we were up against! I would have liked to have taken the tie into the 2nd leg and while it is not impossible I cant see us winning 3-0 at the San Mames.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pankov, Degenek (Erakovic), Babic, Rodic, Grujic*, Denic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic (Gavric), Arezo (Krstovic)

This was an entertaining match and we came out on top in this 6 goal thriller. Vidosavljevic put us ahead but they drew level but not for long as Kanga put us ahead from the penalty spot. Early on in the 2nd half Kanga fired in a free-kick and although they pulled one back late on they then had a man sent-off and there was still enough time for Grujic to bend one in into the top corner from 20 yards.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
1-1.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pankov (Erakovic), Degenek, Babic, Rodic, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga* (Ivanic), Radonjic, Arezo

A good result but alas it is not good enough as we crash out of the Europa League. This scoreline only goes to show how poor we were in the 1st leg.

--

kolubara.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pankov, Erakovic, Babic, Rodic, Grujic*, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Ivanic), Falco, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo (Krstovic)

We were very poor here as we struggled to beat the bottom side. Radonjic and an Ivanic penalty got us the goals but I expect a much better performance.

--

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
semi.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pankov, Degenek, Babic, Rodic, Grujic, Denic, Vidosavljevic (Ivanic), Kanga*, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!

We were 2-0 up and cruising yet we somehow went 3-2 down which was shocking but fortunately we got a last minute penalty to level it at 3-3. Against 10 men I felt confident of winning it in extra-time however - THERE WAS NO ******* EXTRA-TIME!!!!!!!!! I am ******* livid about that and as it was Radovan Pankov missed his penalty and we are out.

--

SUMMARY

Given that I am typing this minutes after our shocking cup exit I am ******* raging and cant be arsed typing much!

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anywho we have all but won the league, got knocked out of the Europa League and in the youth intake we got some decent players with this lad being the standout.
obradovic.png

Petrovic's season is over due to injury.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(I aint happy lol)

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GUELOR KANGA
GUELOR.png

--

SUPER LIGA
feb.png

Last edited:
1619899849139.png

Sinisa Mihajlovic

He played as a CM in the 1991 European Cup final but Mihajlovic carved out a great career as a LB. He only had 2 years with Red Star and made 66 apps and scored 18 goals. After winning the European Cup, 2 league titles and an Intercontinental Cup he left to join Roma for around £5m. He went on to play for Sampdoria, Lazio and Inter Milan and the free-kick specialist also won 63 caps for Yugoslavia, scoring 10 goals.

--

APRIL

napredak.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Pankov, Degenek, Babic, Rodic, Grujic (Mitrovic), Denic, Vidosavljevic (Stevanovic), Ivanic*, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

My players owed me big time after our last match and while we got the win and didnt allow them to take any shots I am still raging lol

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pankov, Degenek, Babic, Rodic, Grujic*, Ivanic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

We were 3-0 up and cruising against 10 men yet somehow we almost threw the game away as they pulled 2 goals back and missed a sitter to equalise. With this win we move 17pts clear at the top of the table.

--

1-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov*, Rodic, Grujic, Ivanic, Vidosavljevic (Stevanovic), Kanga (Gavric), Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

We wrap up the title with 5 games to go with this victory. Pankov scored in the 1st minute and that was that.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic*, Grujic (Denic), Ivanic, Vidosavljevic (Gavric), Kanga, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Arezo

Milan Rodic got the winner here and was the unlikely hero. After falling behind we levelled when Arezo fired in a free-kick to end his goalscoring drought.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us wrap up the Super Liga title - not that it was ever in doubt! We won all 4 matches including a 3-2 victory over Partizan Belgrade but tbh we are just going through the motions and are just waiting for the season to end if I am honest.

We do have some things to play for I suppose. The goals scored record for the league is currently 111 so we just need 10 goals in our last 4 fixtures to beat that. I would also like us to remain unbeaten to make it 2 seasons unbeaten in the league in a row.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MILAN RODIC
rodic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
apr.png

1619940729132.png

Darko Pancev

Pancev was a ruthless centre forward and won the European Golden Shoe in 1991 and was runner-up for the Ballon d'or. He played for Red Star between 1988-92 and he scored 116 goals in 141 games before being sold to Inter Milan for £7m. Alongside the European Cup he won 3 league titles a Yugoslav Cup and the Intercontinental Cup. Internationally he scored 17 goals in 27 matches for Yugoslavia and 1 goal in 6 caps for Macedonia.

--

MAY

4-0.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Denic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic*, Arezo (Krstovic)

It wasnt until we were up against 10 men that we decided to show any real intent to win this match but when we did we tore them apart. Radonjic scored a hat-trick while both he and Vidosavljevic both had goals disallowed.

--

spa.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Despotovski), Degenek, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Kanga, Vidosavljevic, Stevanovic (Falco), Radonjic, Arezo*

Nice and easy as we score another 4 goals and yet again our opponents get a man sent-off!

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek*, Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Kanga, Vidosavljevic (Falco), Stevanovic, Radonjic (Ivanic), Arezo

So many records were broken here. Most goals in a season, most wins in a season and most consecutive wins!!!!!

--

surdul.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek (Babic), Pankov, Rodic, Grujic, Ivanic, Vidosavljevic (Falco), Kanga*, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

And that finishes the season!

--

SUMMARY

That is the season over and we won our final 4 games of the season to end up with an incredible 109pts - 20pts clear of 2nd placed Partizan Belgrade. We also broke the goalscoring record by notching an astonishing 115 goals so that was another record broken during the month.

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MILOS DEGENEK
degenek.png

1619947209252.png

Dejan Savicevic

Savicevic was an excellent attacking midfielder and had 2 spells with Red Star between 1988-92 and in 1999. In his first spell he made 115 apps, scoring 41 goals while he added just 3 more appearances in his 2nd spell. Before leaving to join AC Milan for £9.4m he of course won the European Cup, Intercontinental Cup, 3 league titles and a Yugoslav cup. He also represented Yugoslavia 56 times, scoring 19 goals.

--

END OF SEASON POST

Its hard to compare this season to last as in some ways we were far better but in others we werent so good. We were immense in the league and were once again unbeaten but this time we only drew 1 match which is pretty incredible and in the end we won the title by 20pts over Partizan. For half the season Partizan kept us honest but when we beat them in our 2nd match against each other we broke away and were never going to get caught.

We smashed all sorts of records for points gained, wins in a season and goals scored and the next target can only be to win every match in a league campaign!

Once again though we underachieved in the Serbian Cup and got knocked out in the quarter-finals by Macva despite being 2-0 up with 20min to go. That penalty shoot-out defeat pretty much ruined the rest of the season for us.

On the continent we reached the group stages of the Champions League but with PSG and Dortmund in our group it came as no surprise to finish 3rd in the group so we went into the Europa League and after easily knocking out SC Braga we were knocked out by Athletic Bilbao which was a shame but I cant be too disappointed.

Next season Partizan Belgrade are in the Champions League and if they can get to the group stages and get all the money that is involved with that then they could really challenge us domestically but they have to get their first.

Finally my B side, Graficar, again won the 2nd division. This time by 15pts. There are some top youngsters at the club but I cant find a pathway for all of them to come through at the minute so it is nice to see them doing well down there.

--

SUPER LIGA
FINAL.png

--

SQUAD
SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

Goalkeepers - My summer signing, Predrag Rajkovic, played all but 2 of the matches and had a decent first season under my charge. He can still improve tbh but I think he is a quality player. Milinkovic-Savic played the 2 cup games that Rajkovic missed.

Defenders - Milan Gajic had a disappointing season but it was disrupted by injuries and at times Despotovski, Gobeljic and Pankov all played at RB in his absence. On the left hand side Milan Rodic was excellent. He only missed 3 games, got 11 assists and even popped up with a goal!

At CB Milos Degenek and Milan Pankov were my first choice pairing and both did well but there were also plenty of opportunities for Erakovic and Babic while Duric didnt get a look in really but he is still young and looks like a decent prospect.

Midfielders - CM was a problem position after Xmas as they were all getting injured!!! I brought in Marko Grujic on loan from Liverpool and he was superb all season and strolled it tbh with 5 goals and 16 assists. I can buy him for £11m but I am going to take a chance and hopefully loan him again and then get him on a pre-contract agreement. Risky for sure!

Petrovic was his midfield partner and he did well before he got injured and he is still young so he can still improve. Ivanic got plenty of games, Stankovic broke his leg and missed half the season, 16y/o Mitrovic got promoted to the squad but got injured, Denic was signed in January, played well and then got injured - we were cursed!

Guelor Kanga had a great season as my AMC as he scored 25 goals and got 17 assists. He really was a standout player and at 31y/o I need to think about replacing him but he is too good at the moment!

I brought in Filip Stevanovic on loan from Man City to be my LW but he got a bad injury early doors so I then signed Nemanja Radonjic for £4m and he made the position his own with 17 goals and 12 assists. On the other side Milutin Vladosaljevic came in from Cukaricki and had a great first season with 22 goals and 11 assists!!! Filippo Falco was really a backup player but got plenty of games and he didnt let me down with 12 goals and 13 assists!!!!

Forwards - Matias Arezo enjoyed his first full season at the club and he plundered 36 goals. He did have a few dry spells however so that is something that he will have to work on but he is still a teenager so the improvements will come. I paid £3m for Durdevic but he was shocking and sold in January for half the price so Krstovic was my backup striker thereafter.

My Player of the Season - Guelor Kanga
My Young Player of the Season - Matias Arezo
Must Improve - Milan Gajic
Donkey of the Season - Uros Durdevic

--

SUMMER PLANS

Strengthen the squad!!!!! With £23m of a transfer budget at my disposal I should be able to do that! I really want to get Grujic back on loan so we shall see how I get on with that. I have 1 transfer already pre-arranged and may bring in one or two foreign players to strengthen the side. I will still try and get the best Serbian talent but most of the best ones are out of our budget range and also most crucially - not interested in coming!​

Last edited:
1619958293640.png

Dragisa Binic

Binic only had 2 seasons with Red Star and in 2 different spells (1987-88 and 1990-91)! Even his numbers were similar he scored 13 in 27 in his first spell and 14 in 27 in his 2nd. It was the 2nd spell that he won the European Cup however and he won the league title both seasons too!

--

PRE-SEASON POST

As ever pre-season is kinda split in two as our season starts in early July when there is still a month and a half of the transfer window open. As it is I have spent £6.5m on 5 players but I havent sold that many but I have recouped nearly £3m.

The club had a small reputation boost which is handy while the Super Liga itself has moved up the ranks to 12 position in the league rankings. Hopefully within a year or two we can get up into the top 10 and a decent European showing from Partizan will be key to that.

It is going to be a crazy season as with the World Cup happening in winter we will have played more than half our season by the end of October!!!!!!

Here are my transfer dealings...........

--

PLAYERS OUT

Off to FC Midtjylland for £1.7m (rising to £2.1m) is Filippo Falco. He had just turned 30y/o and with him being a backup and also being classed as a foreign player I felt it was time to cash in on him. He scored 26 goals in 79 apps for me and was a key player and I wish him well.

The same goes for Milan Rodic. My left back was one of my best players in the last 2 seasons (104 apps, 2 goals) and he was sold to Akhmat for £725,000 (rising to £900,000). The reason I sold him was the fact that he was 31y/o and I saw an upgrade out there in the transfer market who was willing to join us.

Gobeljic was released and thats about it really!

--

PLAYERS IN

I smashed the nations transfer record by another £2m in order to sign Federico Dimarco from Inter Milan for £6m. To get an Italian international who is still quite young and for such a decent price is a great piece of business and I expect him to thrive here.
DIMARCO.png

My next most expensive signing is actually a player that I have sent down to my B team, Graficar. £500,000 was shelled out on Branislav Knezevic from Macva the bastarding team that knocked us out of the Serbian Cup.
KNEZEVIC.png

Possibly my most exciting signing is that of a wonderkid and he only cost me £67,000!!!!!! Adam Hlozek joins us from Sparta Prague and I am delighted to get him onboard. He can play on either wing and also up front and he should tear this league apart but he will be a backup behind Vidosavljevic, Radonjic and Arezo at the beginning.
HLOZEK.png

On a free transfer I signed Luka Adzic from Anderlecht. He started his career with Red Star and I brought him back to compete for the attacking midfield positions.
ADZIC.png

Finally I was successful in my attempts to bring back Marko Grujic in on loan. He was superb for us last season and I took the risk of not signing him for £11m in order for us to get him back on loan again and then tying up a pre-contract deal for him. Part 1 is done so we shall see what happens in January.
GRUJIC.png

--

SQUAD AND SEASON AIMS

Marginal improvements have been made. Dimarco will hopefully prove to be better than Rodic and if he is we will have some player on our hands. My youngsters like Vidosavljevic, Arezo and Petrovic have all improved slightly so we should be stronger this year. Naturally we arent going to win the Champions League any time soon but it is baby steps. I have promoted Miodrag Obradovic to the first team squad as I expect big things for my 16y/o midfield player.

As for season aims after only drawing 1 league game last season I want to win all 37 matches this season. Oh and I want to win the ****** Serbian Cup for the first time. In Europe I want to reach the Champions League group stages and we will take it from there.

1619960923142.png

Dragan Dzajic

With 389 appearances he has the record for the most apps at Red Star and his 155 goals places him 2nd in that list. He started his career at Red Star in 1963 and stayed until 1975 before joining Bastia in France but after 2 years there he returned to have one final season with Red Star. The left winger made 85 apps for Yugoslavia and scored 23 goals while he won 5 league titles, 4 Yugoslav cups and a Mitropa Cup.

--

JULY

radnik.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Ivanic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic*, Arezo (Krstovic)

We kick off our season with a fine 5 goal victory. Hopefully a sign of things to come! 16y/o midfielder Miodrag Obradovic came off the bench to make his debut while Dimarco also made his 1st appearance.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek (Babic), Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic, Arezo

So much for winning every league game!!! We should have won this match but defensively we were all over the place and they scored every time they went forward. Spartak were the one side that we dropped points against last season and they have done it again here.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic (Ivanic), Arezo

Now thats much better!!!!!! Sure we were helped by the fact that they had a man sent-off early on but we had a point to prove after our last match and we certainly did that!

--

SUMMARY

Well on one hand we have had a great start to the season but on the other hand with us drawing against Spartak it has been disappointing. That being said a 5-0 win over Radnik Surdulica and a 4-0 thrashing of our biggest rivals Partizan has me in good spirits!!!

I did strengthen the squad with another signing at the end of the month. Returning to the club from Manchester City is Luka Ilic on a free transfer after he was released. He is an ok player and will be a squad filler really so to bring him in on a free and on low wages makes sense.
ilic.png

In the Champions League we have drawn against AEK Larnakas so I expect us to win that tie.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEMANJA RADONJIC
radonjic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
JULY.png

1620034945585.png

Rajko Mitic

Between 1945-58 Mitic played as a forward for Red Star and made 572 apps and scoring 262 goals. The clubs stadium is named after him such was his influence. He won 5 league titles with Red Star and for Yugoslavia he scored 32 goals in 59 caps and managed his nation between 1966-70.

--

AUGUST

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
AEK.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Petrovic (Ivanic), Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Hlozek (Adzic), Krstovic (Lazetic)

Very nice. This should be enough to see us through into the playoff stage. Pankov headed us in front, Dimarco crashed in a free-kick and Vidosavljevic slotted in a 3rd.

--

javor.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic (Denic), Ivanic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga (Obradovic), Hlozek, Arezo (Krstovic)

Federico Dimarco stars yet again!! My new left back has been a revelation and he scored with another free-kick here. In 5 games he has 2 goals and 8 assists already!!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
larnakas.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga (Obradovic), Hlozek (Adzic*), Arezo (Krstovic)

The 4 goals that we scored were nice but the fact that they scored with their only 2 shots on goal is a disappointment. Luka Adzic was the surprise hero as he came off the bench to score twice.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek (Babic), Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Adzic (Ivanic), Arezo (Krstovic)

Pathetic. Mladost took the lead in the opening minute and although we levelled we just couldnt get the winner and as a result Mladost got their 1st point of the season.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
dinamo.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Ivanic, Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Kanga, Adzic (Denic), Arezo (Krstovic)

We have a great rivalry with Dinamo so this is a huge victory but it should have been by much more such was our dominance. Kanga missed a penalty late on which hopefully we wont rue.

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic (Ivanic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic (Hlozek), Arezo

Federico Dimarco is ridiculous. He bent a free-kick into the top corner from 25 yards and got another assist. I was pleased to see that Hlozek got his first goal for the club as he dinked the ball over the keeper.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 2nd Leg
zagreb.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek (Babic), Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic*, Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic, Arezo (Hlozek)

A superb hat-trick from Milutin Vidosavljevic won us the match here and to take us into the Champions League group stages. His 3rd goal was actually a cross that somehow found the net.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek (Erakovic), Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Ivanic), Petrovic, Hlozek, Kanga, Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo*

A late blitz of goals added an extra shine to the scoreline here. It could have been more as Kanga had a 2nd half penalty saved.

--

SUMMARY

A busy month but a successful one. In the league we annoyingly drew with Mladost Lucani but we won all of our other fixtures and have moved 1pt clear at the top of the table. With 25 goals scored and only 5 conceded our numbers are good but the 2 draws so far are incredibly frustrating.

In the Champions League we knocked out AEK Larnakas before coming up against one of our historic rivals - Dinamo Zagreb. We edged them out 1-0 at home thanks to a Vidosavljevic goal and it was he who scored a hat-trick in the 2nd leg as we reached the all important, money spinning group stage. In that we we will play Manchester United, Inter Milan and Rangers (who knocked out Partizan Belgrade) and it will be our battles against Rangers that will be crucial.
1620056118023.png
1620056153846.png
1620056179901.png
1620056207008.png

Now I have to do a bit on my new left back - Federico Dimarco. WHAT A ****** SIGNING HE IS PROVING TO BE!!!!! 11 games, 3 goals, 10 assists and 6 MOM awards all from left back is just stupendous and he has earned himself a place in the Italian squad such is his form. By no means is he a top notch left back but at this level he is absolutely killing it! £6m well spent.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FEDERICO DIMARCO
federico.png

--

SUPER LIGA
aug.png

1620056615100.png

Dragoslav Sekularac

Sekularac started his career with Red Star and spent 11 years with the club between 1955-66. The attacking midfielder made 375 apps and scored 119 goals for the club and won 5 league titles and 3 Yugoslav cups during his time there. He left to join Karlsruhe and also had spells in the USA, Colombia, France and Canada and he made 41 apps for Yugoslavia, scoring 6 goals. He managed Red Star in the 1989-90 season and won the league and cup double which led to the European Cup win the next season.

--

SEPTEMBER

cukaricki.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic (Erakovic), Degenek, Babic, Dimarco (Jevremovic), Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic*, Arezo (Krstovic)

Not our greatest performance but we got the win nonetheless thanks to an early goal from Nemanja Radonjic.

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
man utd.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Petrovic (Ivanic), Vidosavljevic, Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic (Hlozek), Arezo

Meh. I am always confident at home but although we scored twice our defensive efforts were not good enough. I think I need to strengthen that area in the summer for sure.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Jevremovic, Grujic (Denic), Ivanic, Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic, Arezo

Another draw! Yes I am delighted that we fought back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 but to find ourselves 3-0 down at home in the first half is absolutely pathetic.

--

inter.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Despotovski, Degenek, Pankov (Babic*), Dimarco, Grujic, Ivanic, Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic, Arezo

A great point but we could so easily have won this match as we played very well and created a number of chances. Babic scoring in stoppage time to be the unlikely hero was a great moment and now it is down to our 2 matches versus Rangers.

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Despotovski, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Ivanic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic (Hlozek), Arezo*

Matias Arezo scored a great hat-trick here and also had a goal disallowed to boot as we cruised to victory here. They also had a late goal disallowed.

--

rangers.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Denic), Ivanic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic (Hlozek), Arezo (Krstovic*)

Nikola Krstovic was the hero here as he scored a stoppage time goal that was allowed after a VAR check. As an Aberdeen fan I hate Rangers so I am delighted to beat them and Red Star beat them on their way to the 1991 European Cup so maybe it is a sign. It most definitely is not however lol.

--

SUMMARY

We slipped up again domestically this month as we fought back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Vojvodina. We won all of our other matches though and have a 4pt lead at the top which is encouraging. Partizan are having a poor season so far so it is looking ominous at the minute.

We did not too bad in the Champions League though. We lost 5-2 at home to Manchester United which was disappointing but we played not bad and then we drew 1-1 with Inter Milan thanks to a stoppage time equaliser. We ended the month by beating Rangers 2-1 thanks to another stoppage time goal but qualification is still unlikely as we will have to beat Rangers at home and somehow get a result against Inter and Man Utd away which is a tough ask.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATIAS AREZO
areo.png

--

SUPER LIGA
SEP.png

1620141558287.png

Vladimir Petrovic

Petrovic was a midfielder who started his career with Red Star and spent 10 years with the club between 1972-82. He made 257 apps and scored 49 goals and left the club to join Arsenal for a season and subsequently played for Antwerp, Brest, Standard Liege and Nancy. He won 34 caps for Yugoslavia and scored 5 goals also. As for honours he won 4 league titles and a Yugoslav cup while he also managed the club to a Yugoslav cup. He has had 2 seasons in charge of the club in 1996-97 and 2009-10.

-

OCTOBER

macva.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Despotovski, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco (Jevremovic), Grujic, Ivanic (Denic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo*

We get revenge of our cup exit last season here. Obradovic, made his first start and did well and whisper it very quietly - Dimarco had a stinker of a game!

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Babic), Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco*, Ivanic, Petrovic (Denic), Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Kanga, Radonjic, Arezo

FEDERICO DIMARCO SCORES A HAT-TRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

He rifled in his first at the near post, then fired in a free-kick and completed his hat-trick with a penalty. It is not often that your left back scores a hat-trick thats for sure!

--

4-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov (Babic), Dimarco, Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Ivanic), Radonjic, Arezo*

Matias Arezo was in inspirational form here as he scored all 4 of our goals as we destroy 10 man Rangers. We go into the final 2 games of the group knowing that 3rd place is secured but if we can get a result away to Man Utd we have a great chance of qualifying from the group.

--

1923.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov (Babic), Dimarco, Grujic (Ivanic), Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Kanga, Radonjic, Arezo*

Back to back hat-tricks for Matias Arezo!!!! The 19y/o wonderkid has been in superb form this season and has 23 goals in 20 games so far this season.

--

utd.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Jevremovic (Babic), Grujic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic (Hlozek), Arezo (Krstovic)

3rd place it is then! With our defeat here and Inter Milan's win over Rangers it means that we cannot qualify for the next stage and its going to be Europa League football for us. We kept the scoreline respectable but in truth they absolutely battered us.

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Petrovic (Ivanic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo*

Now it is back to back hat-tricks in the league for Arezo!!!!! He scored a first half hat-trick and to make the win even sweeter was the fact that Miodrag Obradovic got his 1st goal for the club.

--

SUMMARY

Plenty of goals this month and hat-tricks galore. Matias Arezo scored a hat-trick of hat-tricks including a 4 goal haul against Rangers in the Champions League and even Federico Dimarco grabbed a hat-trick in one match!!!! Arezo was incredible however and netted 13 goals during the month and has 26 for the season now.

Our exploits in the Champions League are over however as we have been knocked out of the group stage. We have 7pts and still have to play Inter Milan away but alas Rangers havent helped us out by losing all of their matches.

There was big news in Serbian football as they sacked their manager and I felt pretty confident that I would get it but in the end Partizan Belgrade's chief scout ******* got the job!!!!! Raging about that!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATIAS AREZO
MATIAS.png

--

SUPER LIGA
OCT.png

1620148629324.png

Bora Kostic

Kostic is arguably the clubs greatest ever forward player and he had 2 spells at the club between 1951-61 and 1962-66 with a season with Vicenza sandwiched in between. He made 341 apps and scored 230 goals for the club and for Yugoslavia he scored 26 goals in 33 apps.

--

NOVEMBER, DECEMBER & JANUARY

inter.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov (Babic), Dimarco, Ivanic, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Kanga, Radonjic (Denic), Arezo

We gave it our best here and with less than 10min to go we were level and looking good but alas they turned up the heat by another notch and scored twice and had 1 disallowed as we unfortunately collapsed.

--

Kup Srbije 1st Round
dubocica.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Despotovski, Erakovic, Babic, Jevremovic, Ivanic*, Denic (Stankovic), Adzic, Obradovic, Hlozek (Lazetic), Krstovic (Deric)

With this being against a non-league side I put out my backups and they got us through after falling behind. 17y/o regen striker, Igor Deric came off the bench to make his debut and he scored a goal which was a nice touch.

--

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
surdulica.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Despotovski (Duric), Degenek, Pankov, Jevremovic, Grujic (Ivanic), Petrovic, Hlozek, Kanga*, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

It was Guelor Kanga's time to score a hat-trick here as we march into the cup quarter-finals. He hasnt been so prominent this season and is getting on a bit so this season could be a bit of a swansong for him.

This was our last match in 2022 as the World Cup is due to take place.

--

3-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov (Erakovic), Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Stankovic), Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo*

A hat-tricks of hat-tricks back to back in the league for Arezo!!!! Our first match of 2023 went well and Arezo picked up where he left off and even had a goal disallowed. My new record signing, Gerson, made his debut in midfield here.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Despotovski), Babic, Erakovic, Jevremovic, Grujic, Gerson, Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic*, Arezo

Spartak are our bogey team and despite taking an early lead we really struggled here but once they got a man sent-off we steamrollered them and ended up with 4 goals.

--

SUMMARY

There is a lot to get through here as we had 5 games spread out over 3 months!

Results wise we lost out to Inter Milan in the Champions League but in the Serbian Cup we knocked out Dubocica and Radnik Surulica to see us march into the quarter-finals. We returned to league action in January of 2023 and won both of our matches yet despite being unbeaten yet again we are only 5pts clear but do have a game in hand.

Now there is a fair bit of transfer news and injury news and just like last season it is all about my central midfielders. Mirko Ivanic, who had been transfer requested by request for a while now has finally left us to join Al-Duhail for £2.2m. He made 105 apps for me and scored 16 goals so he did a turn for me. Unfortunately the day after he was sold Njegos Petrovic got injured and is out for the rest of the season and then a few days after that Dorde Denic picked up an injury so I needed to bring in another CM!

And in doing so I smashed the Serbian transfer record by £4m as I paid Flamengo £10m for Gerson. He looks like a quality player and with his ability he should be a standout player in Serbian football.
gerson.png

He wasnt my only midfield signing however as I had already arranged a pre-contract agreement for this lad who will join the Graficar squad.
shemvuni.png

My only other signing of this window was a young keeper from the Czech Republic and I have arranged 2 pre-contract deals for the summer but I will reveal them at the time.

I have a new president!!!! After the elections I got a new boss and he immediately upped the transfer budget by £15m (without putting any extra money in it has to be said) so I am eager to get on board with my new employer and everything seems fine at the minute with him.

Oh and Portugal won the World Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM HLOZEK
HLOZEK.png

--

SUPER LIGA
jan.png