The Quest for European Dominance - A Red Star Belgrade Story

1620158127224.png

Goran Gogic

The no.12 shirt is retired at Red Star due to Gogic's death while he played in China. He played for Red Star in the 2013-14 season and scored 1 goal in 27 apps.

--

FEBRUARY

partizan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic (Despotovski), Babic (Erakovic), Pankov, Jevremovic, Grujic, Gerson (Stankovic), Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic*, Arezo

Nemanja Radonjic scored 2 as we beat Partizan to move 14pts clear of them as they continue to struggle although they did have a goal disallowed. Matias Arezo had scored in our last 8 league games (scoring 18 goals no less) but that run came to an end here.

--

javor.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson, Hlozek, Kanga, Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo (Krstovic)

Another 4 goals here but not one for Arezo! The goal of the game was from Marko Grukic has he fired in a first time shot from long range into the top croner for his 1st goal of the season.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic (Stankovic), Gerson (Obradovic), Hlozek, Kanga, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

Another comfortable victory as we win 4-0 for the 4th time in our last 6 league games! Grujic picked up an injury and will be out for a few weeks and I have got to say that my record signing, Gerson, has been pretty dismal so far!

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Degenek), Babic, Pankov, Dimarco*, Stankovic, Gerson, Hlozek, Kanga, Radonjic (Ilic), Arezo

Our 3rd back to back 4-0 win in a row in the league here. Arezo had a goal disallowed just to keep the 4-0 run going lol. Mladost are without a manager so it is no surprise that we won so easily.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Dimarco (Jevremovic), Stankovic*, Gerson, Hlozek, Kanga, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Arezo (Krstovic)

Their late away goal meant that it denied us 4 4-0 wins in a row but I suppose I cant complain lol.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round
lyon.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic (Erakovic), Pankov, Dimarco, Stankovic (Ilic), Gerson, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Adzic), Radonjic, Arezo

Winning this tie was always going to be tough but when you take into account the players that we had missing I felt we gave it a good shot. Gerson finally put in a performance and got his first goal. Partizan Belgrade knocked out Slazburg so they will be flying the flag for Serbian football in Europe now.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic (Degenek), Pankov, Dimarco, Stankovic, Gerson, Vidosavljevic, Kanga, Radonjic (Ilic), Arezo (Hlozek)

I erroneously put Hlozek on the bench here as he had scored in his last 4 league games so I was delighted when he came off the bench to grab the winner here.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Degenek), Babic, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson, Hlozek, Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic, Arezo (Vidosavljevic)

6 scoring league matches in a row now for Hlozek and it is actually 7 as he missed a match and scored in the game before!

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Dimarco (Jevremovic), Stankovic, Kanga (Mitrovic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Hlozek (Gavric), Arezo

Hlozek is at it again! He was actually having a shocker and I had arranged a sub for him when he popped up with a headed goal while I was making the decision!

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco (Jevremovic), Grujic, Gerson, Hlozek, Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo

YOU CAN **** RIGHT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

After 99 league games unbeaten we crash at home to TSC with them scoring with their only 2 shots on goal. A ******* disgrace. Every single one of my players should hold their heads in shame. I cant remember being this angry before in FM.

TSC DONT EVEN HAVE A ******* MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

SUMMARY

Going into our final match of the month I was thinking the summary would be that we somehow crammed 10 games in the shortest month of the year and we were knocked out of the Europa League by Lyon but our home defeat to TSC has me so enraged that as I type this 5min after the result I am still bubbling with rage so there.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM HLOZEK

Untitled.png

--

SUPER LIGA
FEB.png

1620242441291.png

MARCH

macva.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Despotovski (Erakovic), Babic, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Denic), Hlozek, Kanga*, Radonjic, Arezo (Krstovic)

We bounce back from our previous shocking result by thumping the side that embarrassed us last season. I am still raging though!

--

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
radnicki.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Denic), Gerson, Hlozek, Kanga*, Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo (Krstovic)

2 penalties from Kanga sees us through into the semis here but it was far from convincing. Still raging lol.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Degenek), Babic, Erakovic, Dimarco (Jevremovic), Grujic, Stankovic, Adzic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Gavric), Arezo*

I am not raging anymore lol. I can almost forgive my players now as I had such a depleted side out so for they to go out and win 4-1 at home is pretty decent.

--

novi pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Hlozek*, Kanga, Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo (Krstovic)

Hlozek got a great hat-trick here as we smashed 5 past Novi Pazar. He now has 19 goals for the season and has scored in 11 of his last 12 league games.

--

1923.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Babic, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson, Vidosavljevic (Deric), Kanga (Obradovic), Radonjic, Hlozek

My young striker Igor Deric came off the bench to score a brace here which was particularly pleasing. Dimarco scored a stunning free-kick too!

--

SUMMARY

We did well this month!!!!! We bounced back from our shocking defeat to TSC to rack up the wins here. We scored a fair few goals during the month with even young Igor Deric managing to grab a couple and he will be a name to look out for in the future. We also progressed into the semis of the Serbian Cup and have a tricky tie against Partizan Belgrade on the horizon so after not being able to win that competition so far that is a nervy tie.

The youth intake was pretty decent with a CB and a striker looking like the best prospects who should definitely feature in the first team in the future and the CB was actually on the bench for our last league game!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GUELOR KANGA
kanga.png

--

SUPER LIGA
MARCH.png

1620318623205.png

APRIL

rad.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic*, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Denic), Gerson, Hlozek, Kanga, Radonjic (Adzic), Arezo (Deric)

A win but we were far from convincing and the fact that my man of the match was my goalkeeper tells a story. That being said I was surprised that he got the award!

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson*, Hlozek, Kanga (Obradovic), Adzic (Gavric), Arezo (Deric)

Not good enough. Vojvodina may be 2nd and battling it out with Partizan for the other Champions League place but for us not to beat anyone domestically at home is not good enough. Arezo did have a winning goal disallowed I suppose but we need wins. Well as in we need wins to meet standards - we dont really need wins anymore to win the league!

--

nicki.png

Lineup - Radonjic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Stankovic), Adzic, Obradovic*, Radonjic (Gavric), Arezo (Deric)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

My youngster Miodrag Obradovic got 2 goals here to seal us the league title and he now has 3 for the season and I think I will start him for the rest of the league campaign to give him a run of games and to see what he can do.

--

Kup Srbije Semi-Final
partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Despotovski), Degenek, Pankov, Jevremovic, Grujic (Stankovic), Gerson, Adzic, Kanga, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Arezo*

We reach the Serbian Cup final for the first time with this win over Partizan Belgrade. Arezo got the goal and also had 1 disallowed but tbh Partizan were shocking and didnt have a shot on goal so we could have really punished them but we werent quite at it ourselves.

--

2-1.png

Lineup - Milinkovic-Savic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic (Stankovic), Gerson, Adzic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Arezo (Deric)

We beat Partizan again!!!! Dimarco scored with a brilliant free-kick early on and they did level on the hour mark but thankfully Luka Adzic headed in off the crossbar just seconds later and that was enough to give us the win. Before the match Rajkovic got injured so Milinkovic-Savic will play in goals for the next few weeks.

--

novi.png

Lineup - Milinkovic-Savic, Gajic (Babic), Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Stankovic), Adzic, Obradovic (Kanga), Radonjic, Arezo*

SUPER MATIAS AREZO!!!!!!!

He scored a hat-trick of penalties and all 5 goals here to take his tally for the season past the 40 mark up to 43 and he now has 37 league goals so if he scores again he will have an average of more than a goal a game!

--

SUMMARY

This month was all centred around our two fixtures against Partizan Belgrade. Thankfully we won both games! We beat them 1-0 in the Serbian Cup semis to reach the final where we will play Vozdovac so I expect us to win that final and then immediately afterwards we defeated them 2-1 in the league.

As for the league we were crowned champions unsurprisingly when we beat Radnicki Nis thanks to Obradovic's 2 goals against Radnicki Nis. We can still reach the 100pt mark and can beat our goalscoring record of last season so that is the target for the final 3 games.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATIAS AREZO
AREZO.png

--

SUPER LIGA

april.png

1620326212895.png

MAY

fk rad.png

Lineup
- Copic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson, Adzic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic (Stankovic), Radonjic*, Arezo (Deric)

A good win. I had to play my 3rd choice keeper, Marko Copic, as Milinkovic-Savic also picked up an injury so it was nice to see him get a clean sheet as we won comfortably enough.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Copic, Gajic, Degenek (Duric), Babic, Jevremovic, Grujic (Stankovic), Gerson, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Hlozek), Arezo

I ******* HATE SPARTAK SUBOTICA!!!!!!!!!

Yet again we fail to beat them and this draw means that we cannot reach 100pts. We were 2-0 up and cruising but they pulled 2 goals back late on to salvage a draw.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Copic, Gajic (Babic), Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic*, Gerson (Stankovic), Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Obradovic, Radonjic, Arezo

With 2 goals in the opening 4min I thought that we were going to have some end of season party but the game fizzled out and we only added one more goal to the tally.

--

Kup Srbije Final
final.png

Lineup
- Copic, Gajic, Degenek, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Kanga), Radonjic*, Arezo (Deric)

Not the walkover I was expecting but I am pleased that we have finally won the Serbian Cup. Vidosavljevic and Radonjic got the goals in the first half and despite them scoring late on we always looked comfortable.

--

SUMMARY

We ended the season as double winners as our 2-1 victory over Vozdovac in the cup final gave us another trophy but in the league our draw against our nemesis - Spartak Subotica denied us the chance to breach the 100pt mark. We did however break the record for the number of goals scored as it is now 118!

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEMANJA RADONJIC
RADONJIC.png

1620401044845.png

END OF SEASON POST

This season in relative terms was a tad disappointing however in a weird way it wasnt lol. In the league we won it by 20pts and broke the scoring record by scoring 118 goals however considering I went into the season aiming to win all 37 matches we lost our 1st league game (by a relegated club at home no less) in 2 and a half years, drew 5 games and didnt even get 100pts which we have done in the last 2 seasons.

We did however win the Serbian Cup for the first time as we beat Vozdovac 2-1 in the final but in reality it was our victory over Partizan Belgrade in the semis that was the key fixture.

While the domestic season largely takes care of itself in Europe it is a different story. We did reach the Champions League proper after defeating AEK Larnakas and our rivals Dinamo Zagreb and that put us in a group with Man Utd, eventual winners Inter Milan and Rangers. We finished 3rd on 7pts as we defeated Rangers home and away and drew with Inter Milan which in hindsight is a great result.

Our 3rd place finish meant that we were then put into the Europa League but we were drawn against Lyon and despite coming back from 2-0 down we crashed out 3-2 in our fixture.

Bad news for Serbia comes in the fact that they have dropped in the co-efficient rankings so our 2nd Champions League place has gone so Vojvodina better make the most of it this season!!!!!!

--

SUPER LIGA

table.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - I actually used 3 this season for a change! Rajkovic started our first 47 games but towards the end of the season he got injured and missed the rest of the season so Milinkovic-Savic came in but after 2 matches he got injured which gave Marko Copic a chance to shine and he even played in our victory in the Serbian Cup final so that was a special moment for him.

Defenders - Pankov, Degenek and Gajic were yet again 3 of our back 4 and they did alright but it was our signing of Federico Dimarco that was stupendous. My new left back was ridiculous as he scored 10 goals, got 25 assists and amazingly won 14 MOM awards all from left back!!!! He gets capped for Italy and there are some clubs circling around him which is a worry. He deservedly won the player of the year award for the season.

In backup not many of them got games tbh apart from Sabic who had a decent season and his high point was scoring our stoppage time equaliser against Inter Milan.

Midfielders - I managed to bring back Marko Grujic back on loan and he had another strong season and the task now is to get him signed up on a permanent contract when his deal with Liverpool expires. To get him on a free would be a huge coup but it will be difficult.

Njegos Petrovic played for the first half of the season and did well but unfortunately he missed the 2nd half of the season due to injury. I replaced him with my new record signing, Gerson, who came in from Flamengo for £10m and tbh he was a bit of a disappointment so I have a selection conundrum for next season!

Ivanic played a bit before being sold while Nikola Stankovic has developed quite nicely after his injury ravaged season last term. Denic hardly featured and that was about that! I do have 2 hot prospects in CM though so I will be looking to develop them.

On the RW Milutin Vidosavljevic had a disappointing season as he dropped from 22 goals down to half that at 11! He did have injury worries but he was disappointing yet he made his debut for Serbia during the season and he had a superb time in the Champions League with 6 goals including a hat-trick against Dinamo Zagreb.

On the left wing Radonjic had a decent season but I kinda expected more if I am brutally honest. 17 goals and 10 assists was decent enough though however Adam Hlozek, my Czech wonderkid, had a superb season. It took him a while to get a regular start but when he did he excelled and at one point he scored in 10 of 11 league appearances! He featured on both wings and up front and will be a huge player for the future.

At AMC Guelor Kanga had a decent season but old father time has taken his toll. 15 goals and 10 assists is decent enough but towards the end of the season he was replaced by my 16y/o hot prospect Miodrag Obradovic and he really does look like a player. Luka Adzic was a free transfer signing and he played across the attacking midfield positions and he did a decent job and scored a few important goals.

Forwards - Matias Arezo!!!!! 46 goals all told, 40 in the league which won him the European Golden Boot which is incredible for a player playing in Serbia, and he had a magnificent season. He is unhappy at the club however as he feels he has outgrown the club but he is contracted until 2026 so I have some security. Krstovic was my main backup and despite hardly featuring he had a big moment when he headed in the last minute winner against Rangers in the Champions League. Young Igor Deric came in towards the end of the season and looks like a real prospect while Marko Lazetic hardly featured due to him scoring over 20 goals for Graficar but there are clubs after him also so I have plenty of options.

My Player of the Season - Federico Dimarco
My Young Player of the Season - Matias Arezo
Must Do Better - Gerson
Donkey of the Season - Luka Ilic

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have a humongous problem, all of my own doing too! I currently have 4 foreigners in Gerson, Hlozek, Dimarco and Arezo but I have arranged to bring in another 1 who I think would be a great asset but I am only allowed 4 in the matchday squad domestically so I have to decide between the disappointing Gerson who should be quality, the wonderkid Hlozek who didnt put a foot wrong, the stupendous Dimarco who does have clubs after him unsurprisingly or the current holder of the Euorpean Golden Boot Matias Arezo who thinks he has outgrown the club!

Its like the end of Line of Duty - what is going to happen? lol. (Only watched the 1st season - always mean to get into it lol)​

1620454715981.png

PRE-SEASON POST

So as ever I type this in the middle of July with still over a month of the transfer window remaining but the games are about to start and I think I am happy with the shape of my squad largely. Several players have moved on, some have come in and some have been promoted to the first team squad as I have made a concerted attempt to change things a bit and 3 regular starters have been sold on too so it will be a new look first XI for us.

The club is now debt free and the bank balance shows that we have £45.5m in it and I have a remaining transfer budget of £29.5m but alas I can only spend it on Serbian players due to the foreign players ruling. That is so frustrating as there were some great players available on a free but I couldnt go in for them. Will Serbia ever join the EU??? That being said it is quite fun having so many Serbian players.

Anywho the question that needs answered is who did I choose to sell on? Dimarco, Gerson, Hlozek or Arezo????????

--

PLAYERS OUT

OUT.png

As you can see it was Matias Arezo!!!!! He scored 102 goals in 123 games for me and won the European Golden Boot but I chose to move him on because he was unhappy at the club and I felt I already had ready made replacements in the shape of Hlozek, Deric and Lazetic. I got £10m for him and also a clause that that gives us 50% of his future transfer fee.

It is with a heavy heart that I sold Guelor Kanga (131 apps, 61 goals) to Maritimo and Milos Degenek (128 apps, 10 goals) to Genoa too! Both were regular starters since I came to the club but I felt it was the right time to move them on. Kanga was amazing in my first 2 seasons and had a decent scoring rate even though 30 of them were penalties but at 32y/o and with 2 hot prospects coming through I decided that it was time to cash in. As for Degenek, I came into the summer with plans to shuffle our back line a bit and he was the one that I decided his time was up quite simply.

Srdan Babic (54 apps, 1 goal) was another defender who was sold though as he was unhappy about how I had been playing him so I was happy to get £2.2m for him and he will be fondly remembered for his stoppage time equaliser against Inter Milan. I was also delighted to rake in a possible £3m for Luka Adzic (22 apps, 6 goals) as considering he was just a bit part player that I got on a free in the summer that was a deal I couldnt turn down.

The other departures were all backup players and not showing on there due to the fact I sold him very early on was Dorde Denic who returned to Cyprus for £800,000. Milinkovic-Savic (57 apps) was sold as I felt that Copic should be my backup keeper and VMS was on a hefty wage, Gavric (30 apps, 6 goals) and Krstovic (70 apps, 18 goals) were admittedly sold on the cheap but there time was up and Luka Ilic just had to go lol.

--

PLAYERS IN

IN.png

So as you can see I have made a profit of just over £10m so far in my player transactions.

Both of my 2 biggest signings were deals done by my DoF but as I was planning to move for them anyway I went along with it. Firstly Andrija Zivkovic joins us from Lille and the little winger should be an excellent acquisition for us and will compete with Vidosavljevic for the RW spot although he can also play on the left. A regular for the national side, it is important to bring these kind of players back to the domestic game to raise the standards I think.
zivkovic.png

As for Mirko Topic we beat off Partizan Belgrade to take him back to the country after just 1 season in Italy. Admittedly we dont really need him as he will be my 4th choice CM but if the quality of my backups are higher then surely that means we are a stronger side overall?
topic.png

I paid £1m to bring in a young speedy winger, Zeljko Kikic from Rad. At just 17y/o he has a ton of developing to do but I like what I see and he should have a bright future with us.
kikic.png

Arguably my biggest signing however was that of Marko Grujic on a free transfer from Liverpool. Having been on loan the past 2 seasons I was desperate to get him permanently and we managed to do so thankfully. The fact that he didnt break the bank on his wages was pleasing although he is still the clubs highest paid player.
grujic.png

Moussa Wague came in from Barcelona on a free transfer too and he was the reason I had to sell a foreign player. I felt I needed proper competition for Milan Gajic at RB and Wague will give us that and with his pace he will offer us something different. At 24y/o he can still improve so I am excited to see what he can bring to the party.
wague.png

My other signing was just a backup keeper who will play for my B team.

--

SQUAD - AIMS FOR THE SEASON

As well as the player transfers I have decided to promote Marko Copic up to be my backup keeper, 15y/o Aleksandar Propadalo to cover at CB, and Igor Deric will cover upfront and at the AMC position so my young side is getting younger.

Wague will compete with Gajic at RB while I have decided to give Andre Duric a run at CB as he does look like a bright prospect and the fact that he is a ball playing defender suits my tactics as I have been stuck with 2 no nonsense CBs since I came here.

Grujic, Gerson and Petrovic will battle it out for the CM positions while I am putting my faith in 17y/o Obradovic to replace Guelor Kanga as my AMC. Vidosavljevic and Zivkovic will do battle for the RW and Hlozek will replace Arezo up front.

As for my seasons aims it is quite simple - get back to being the invincibles in the league and as for Europe it is a case of getting into the group stage, being competitive and seeing where that takes us!

--

1620457509276.png

(just 2 games so chucking them in here lol)

--

indiha.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Radonjic*, Lazetic

A fine way to start the season!!!! Newly promoted Indija were given a harsh lesson from us here as we rattled 4 goals past them in the opening 22min. Several of my players werent 100% fit so they didnt play so to win 5-0 with some key players missing is very encouraging!

--

tsc.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Jevremovic (Gajic), Grujic*, Gerson, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Zivkovic), Radonjic (Hlozek), Lazetic

Another 5 goal haul!!! Moussa Wague got the opener on his debut as he crashed in a shot from outside the box and then Gerson rifled one in from 25 yards a minute later. Lazetic scored a double and then the lad who he is keeping out of the side, Hlozek, came off the bench to score a 5th.

Last edited:
1620459422131.png

AUGUST

mladost.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Jevremovic*, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Obradovic, Radonjic, Lazetic (Hlozek)

A pleasing win with Jevremovic hammering in a shot from an angle and it could have been more as Gerson had a goal disallowed.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric*, Pankov, Jevremovic, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Zivkovic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

Moussa Wague has only played 3 games yet he already has 2 goals - Gajic had been my RB for 3 seasons and never scored once! Lazetic scored with a long range effort after coming off the bench.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Jevremovic*, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Obradovic (Topic), Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek (Lazetic)

With Dimarco being out injured (just back tbh) it has given Jevremovic a chance to get a game and by god is he taking his chance. He scored his 2nd goal of the season with a thunderbolt from distance that had us on easy street. Zivkovic scored his 1st goal for the club in stoppage time.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
fck.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Jevremovic, Grujic (Topic), Gerson*, Zivkovic, Obradovic (Petrovic), Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

Very nice. Surely this should be good enough for us to qualify for the group stage! We fell behind and hadnt got going but we immediately levelled and then in the 2nd half we tore them apart. Zivkovic and Gerson bagged doubles while Lazetic also had a goal disallowed.

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague*, Duric, Pankov, Jevremovic, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek

Moussa Wague is very much doing what Dimarco did last season - I cant wait to see how we will be when Dimarco comes back into the side.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 2nd Leg
copenhagen.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Jevremovic, Grujic (Topic), Gerson*, Zivkovic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

This was a thrilling game and while I am delighted that we won and scored 4 goals I am disappointed at conceding 2 goals against 10 men. Wague scores again!!!

--

SUMMARY

We have had an excellent start to the season and are playing some great football. Moussa Wague has been a revelation at left back and as I have already said I cannot wait to have him on the right hand side and Dimarco on the other side - not that Jevremovic has done badly at all!

Partizan Belgrade are keeping up with us in the league however so maybe we will have a challenge on our hands but probably not lol.

I made another signing during the window as I paid £1.5m to Vozdovac for their young forward Dragan Stoisavljevic. He will provide backup for the likes of Lazetic, Hlozek and Deric but he is only 19y/o so will have to be patient.
stoisavljevic.png

We qualified for the Champions League group stages after knocking out FC Kobenhavn 8-4 on aggregate and we have been put in a group where we have a half chance of actually qualifying as we are up against FC Porto, Sevilla and Hoffenheim. Now those 3 teams are better than us but they arent the real elite sides and at home I certainly fancy our chances.
1620465737962.png
1620465753635.png
1620465773591.png
1620465797993.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOUSSA WAGUE
moussa.png

--

SUPER LIGA
aug.png

1620465841385.png

SEPTEMBER

novi.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Duric (Erakovic), Pankov, Jevremovic (Dimarco), Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek*

Milan Gajic came into the side for the unfit Wague and he scored his first goal for us in his absence!!!!! It was a great moment for us and overshadowed Adam Hlozek's double.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric (Erakovic), Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Zivkovic, Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

I wanted to see how we would play with Dimarco and Wague in the same side and I got my answer here as they both grabbed a goal. We score 5 goals for the 4th time already this season and it could have been 6 as Hlozek had a penalty saved before he did convert one.

--

UEFA Champions League Group D
hoffenheim.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Topic), Gerson, Zivkovic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic (Petrovic), Radonjic*, Hlozek

GET IN!!!!!!

What a result this is as we thrash the German side to give us a perfect start to the group. We were fantastic throughout and led 3-0 at half-time and when Gerson's cross found the back of the net I knew it was a special day. Disappointed to concede late on but I am delighted with this victory.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov (Erakovic), Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Obradovic, Radonjic*, Hlozek

Radonjic and Hlozek ripped apart our opponents here as they scored 2 each and their combination play was also great - especially for Hlozek's 2nd goal.

--

surdulica.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Gajic), Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic*, Obradovic, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek (Lazetic)

Another 5 goal haul and this time it included a first goal for the club for Duric and a stunning long range effort from Grujic. My former striker, Krstovic, scored against us however which was mildly annoying.

--

SUMMARY

We were outstanding this month. My players have to a man been terrific and in 5 matches we scored 21 goals. In the league we keep sweeping everyone away with ease and have opened up a 3pt lead at the top of the table.

In the Champions League we got off to a perfect start in our group stage as we thumped Hoffenheim 4-1 with yet another great team performance. To make things even better the other 2 sides drew so we already have a 2pt lead at the top and as I think it will be a really competitive group that could be crucial.

There is more good news! Adam Hlozek has signed a new contract with the club and he no longer has a minimum fee release clause as his old contract meant that he could be sold if anyone bid £9.25m so I am delighted to get rid of that clause!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEMANJA RADONJIC
radonjic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
sep.png

1620470019675.png

OCTOBER

cukaricki.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Erakovic, Dimarco, Grujic (Topic), Gerson, Zivkovic, Obradovic (Petrovic), Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek*

We werent at our best here as we didnt put Cukaricki to the sword as we have done in previous matches. Having said that Cukaricki are 3rd in the table so to win away to them is decent enough.

--

SEVILLA.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Gajic), Duric, Erakovic, Dimarco, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Obradovic*, Radonjic, Hlozek

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

Never did I think that we would thrash Sevilla but thats exactly what we did as we smashed 4 past them. Hlozek put us in front and then Obradovic fired in with an angled drive to have us 2-0 up at half-time. We were seeing the game out but in the last 10min Kikic came off the bench to make his debut and he scored while Radonjic bundled in a 4th.

We are in charge of this group now!!!!

--

macva.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Erakovic, Dimarco, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson (Topic), Zivkovic*, Deric, Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Hlozek

We were missing a few players here and we then had Grujic, Gerson and Vidosavljevic all went off injured during the match. In the end we won convincingly with 4 goals and Hlozek has scored in his last 8 league appearances, scoring 13 in the process.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Erakovic (Propadalo), Dimarco*, Petrovic, Gerson, Zivkovic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek (Deric)

Another victory with Petrovic scoring from 25 yards as he came in for the injured Marko Grujic. 15y/o Aleksandar Propadalo came off the bench to make his debut and he has broken both the club and league record for being the youngest ever player.

--

porto.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Petrovic (Topic), Gerson, Zivkovic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic (Deric*), Radonjic, Hlozek

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Our exploits in Europe continue!!!! We fell behind when Icardi scored but midway through the 2nd half we levelled when Radonjic was played in. We were battling well but when they went 2-1 up I feared the worst however Radonjic levelled it for us again and then in the last minute Deric scored the winner and we held on to win.

We are 5pts clear at the top of the group after 3 games so surely we will progress into the knockout stages now.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Gajic), Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Petrovic (Topic), Gerson, Zivkovic*, Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek (Deric)

Another great result and performance from my side. We won 3-0 with goals from Pankov, Radonjic and Gerson while both sides had a goal disallowed. We now move 6pts clear.

--

SUMMARY

I am so proud of my players as they got some memorable results this month both at home and abroad. Domestically the highlight was our 3-0 victory at home over our biggest rivals Partizan Belgrade to move 6pts clear at the top of the table.

However it was in the Champions League where we pulled out all the stops. We smashed Sevilla 4-0 with an incredible performance and we followed that up by coming from behind late on to defeat FC Porto 3-2 away. Forget about the £5m that has given us, forget about the fact that we have 1 foot in the knockout stage but I am most pleased about the fact that we can compete both home and away against some decent sides. We are not good enough to win the Champions League but I feel like if we were to drop into the Europa League we could now give it a real good go.

Federico Dimarco was the latest player to sign a new deal with the club as his contract was due to expire at the end of next season but I signed him up for another 5 years.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GERSON

gerson.png

--

SUPER LIGA
oct.png

1620475563217.png

NOVEMBER

Kup Srbije 1st Round
napredak.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Propadalo, Erakovic, Jevremovic, Petrovic (Shemvuni), Topic, Kikic*, Deric (Stankovic), Vidosavljevic (Stoisavljevic), Lazetic

I decided to rest my first team players here so I played my backups and they won easily. Lazetic scored 2 and had 1 disallowed while I gave debuts to Shemvuni and Stoisavljevic.

--

indija.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Zivkovic, Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek*

A superb victory. Hlozek shone the brightest with his hat-trick but I have to point out that Gerson is having a blinder of a season. He was a big money signing who was poor last term (25 apps, 1 goal, 4 assists) but he has settled in now and his record is 20 apps, 8 goals and 11 assists!!!!!!

--

fcp.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Gajic), Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Zivkovic, Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

We win again! We were unbelievable in the first half. Zivkovic scored twice in the opening 6min and when Obradovic crashed in a long range effort we were running away with it however our 2nd half performance was a huge disappointment as my players tired. This win however not only confirms our qualification into the knockouts but also as group winners!

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Gajic), Duric, Pankov*, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

Another 4 goals to our tally. Obradovic seems to only score screamers as he got another terrific goal here while Hlozek also missed a penalty.

--

mladosr.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson*, Zivkovic, Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

This win means it is 17 wins in a row since the start of the league season and if you take into account our cup fixtures it is 24 in a row - we have won every match!!!!!

--

7-1.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Topic), Gerson, Zivkovic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek*

STUPENDOUS!!!!!

Its getting ridiculous now as we go to Hoffenheim and hit them for 7. Hlozek scored a perfect hat-trick while Igor Deric also scored a hat-trick. A truly incredible performance. Not even their late goal annoys me.

--

SUMMARY

Sometimes you have a month where you are just amazing but every month this season has been like that for us and I am absolutely loving it!!!!

This month we beat FC Porto and then humiliated Hoffenheim 7-1 away as we run away with our Champions League group stage. With 5 wins out of 5 it means we have been given £12m worth of prize money for just winning games but it is the fact that we are thrashing the other teams which is amazing.

In the league we won our 3 matches and are now 9pts clear. We are averaging well over 3 goals a game and have conceded only 5 goals which again shows how strong we have been.

The board very kindly increased my transfer budget by £18m up to £47m but I cannot see me spending any of it as I can only sign Serbian players and unless a world class Serbian player becomes available I am happy with what I have got.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM HLOZEK
HLOZEK.png

--

SUPER LIGA
nov.png

1620482399110.png

DECEMBER

2-0.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Duric, Pankov, Jevremovic*, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson (Topic), Zivkovic, Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

We werent at our best here but they didnt have a shot on goal so we were never in any danger. Hlozek also missed a penalty while Lazetic has come off the bench to score in each of our last 3 league games. Napredak sacked their manager after this match.

--

3-2.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco*, Topic, Gerson (Stankovic), Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Deric, Radonjic (Stoisavljevic), Lazetic

6 wins out of 6!!!!!

We were rocked before the game with the news that Miodrag Obradovic damaged his cruciate ligaments and will miss the rest of the season so Igor Deric has a great opportunity now to get a regular run in the side and he grabbed a goal here. I rested a few other players so I am naturally delighted that we came away with a win and it was a great moment when Kikic scored the winner late on. They then had a goal disallowed thankfully.

group.png
What a pretty sight!!!!

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic (Despotovski), Erakovic, Pankov, Jevremovic, Topic*, Gerson, Zivkovic, Deric, Radonjic (Kikic), Hlozek (Lazetic)

Grujic is out for a couple of months and Petrovic was unfit so Topic came into the side here and he got the MOM award. We went 2-0 up and then just took our foot off the pedal unfortunately.

--

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
backa.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Propadalo, Erakovic, Jevremovic*, Petrovic (Stankovic), Topic (Mitrovic), Kikic, Deric (Shemvuni), Vidosavljevic, Lazetic

With Backa being a lower division side I fielded my backups and we won easily enough to march into the QFs.

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Petrovic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Deric (Stankovic), Radonjic, Hlozek*

A hat-trick for Hlozek here as we were gifted 2 penalties which he converted.

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Duric*, Pankov, Dimarco, Topic, Gerson (Mitrovic), Zivkovic, Deric, Radonjic (Kikic), Hlozek

This match brings 2023 to an end and with that we move 17pts clear at the top of the table!

--

SUMMARY

Win after win after win after win lol. We werent at the top of our game this month but we kept on winning and have a 17pt lead at the top of the table as we enter the 2 month winter break!!

The most pleasing win was our 3-2 victory away to Sevilla in the Champions League which meant we won all 6 of our group games but I fear we will not reach the quarter-finals as Barcelona are our opponents in the next round!

We suffered several injuries this month but with the long winter break ahead they wont really matter apart from the long term injury to Obradovic who at only 17y/o should bounce back from it but it is a devastating blow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARKO JEVREMOVIC
jevremovic.png

--

SUPER LIGA

dec.png

1620547039036.png

JANUARY

There was a bit of movement in January for us as I signed 4 players!

There were no departures but I received a ton of offers. The most interesting one was when Borussia Dortmund offered me £20m for Adam Hlozek and then £3.5m for Fred Shemvuni! Dimarco, Duric, Gerson, Lazetic, and Radonjic all attracted offers too but I wasnt interested in selling them.

As for my players that I brought in they are all youngsters for the future really.

Svetlan Neoricic came in from Macva for £875,000 and it was my DoF that arranged this deal. He is 17y/o and should develop into a decent player.
neoricic.png

In on loan from Mladost is Vukasin Krznaric. They were wanting £3m to sign him and I baulked at the fee so I negotiated a loan deal instead. He will be part of my first team squad and if the 17y/o impresses then I may just snap him up permanently at the end of the season.
krnaric.png

Patrik Gabriel is a terrific looking keeper who at just 18y/o should have a great future in front of him. I paid £50,000 to get him in from Slavia Prague.
GABRIEL.png

Finally in on a free transfer from FC Kobenhavn is Jan Witt. I spotted him when we played against them earlier in the season and the CB should grow into a top player. The fact he counts as a foreign player does go against him but on a free it was a deal that had to get done.
WITT.png

1620547846140.png

FEBRUARY

proleter.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Gajic), Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Zivkovic (Kikic), Deric*, Radonjic, Hlozek

Our first game of 2024 as we return from the long winter break. Igor Deric scored a brace for his first goals in the league this season. Hlozek did have a goal disallowed so it could have been more.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Topic), Gerson, Zivkovic, Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek*

Adam Hlozek collected his 30th and 31st goals of the season here as we struggled to beat Vozdovac. He is having a terrific season and could eclipse Arezo's tally from last season when he won the golden boot.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
barca.png

Lineup
- Copic*, Wague (Gajic), Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Deric, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek (Lazetic)

Our first defeat of the season but it feels like a victory!!! Before the match Rajkovic went down with an illness so Marko Copic came in for his 1st game of the season and he was immense as he made save after save - including a penalty - as we frustrated Barcelona. Sure they scored 3 goals but we got 2 ourselves and as ever I fancy us against anyone at home.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Erakovic, Propadalo, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Deric*, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek (Lazetic)

I had 3 of my defenders missing here but we won easily enough anyway and Milan Gajic even got a goal! Igor Deric is certainly impressing in Obradovic's absence!!!

--

SUMMARY

This month centred around our Champions League tie against Barcelona and what a cracker of a game that proved to be! We gave a good account of ourselves at the Nou Camp as we narrowly lost 3-2. Our stoppage time goal means that we have a real chance of qualifying but it is Barcelona we are up against and not one of the weaker sides in the competition so it will still be tough.

All the league fixtures are taking care of themselves and we are aiming for a perfect record of 37 wins out of 37!!!!

Next month brings us the youth intake and apparently it is a golden generation for the club!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IGOR DERIC
DERIC.png

--

SUPER LIGA
FEB.png

1620551996452.png

MARCH

surdulica.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic (Erakovic), Duric, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

Hlozek and Deric really do seem to like playing alongside each other! They both got another goal each here and Marko Lazetic came off the bench to add a 3rd. Gajic came off injured and actually broke his ribs so he will be out for 8 weeks.

--

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
spartak.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Despotovski, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Zivkovic, Deric (Petrovic), Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek (Lazetic)

We struggled here and only won through thanks to a last minute penalty which was converted by Marko Lazetic.

--

macva.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Despotovski, Duric, Pankov, Jevremovic, Petrovic*, Stankovic, Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Deric (Krznaric), Lazetic, Hlozek (Stoisavljevic)

I rested several players here and just about got away with it as Njegos Petrovic scored a late winner for us. Marko Lazetic had missed a penalty earlier so it looked like it was going to be one of those days but thankfully Petrovic stepped up.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
202.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov (Erakovic), Dimarco, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Zivkovic, Deric (Stankovic), Radonjic, Hlozek

Gutted.

With 10min to go we were cruising into the next round and could even afford to concede a goal but they scored twice in as many minutes and we crash out.

So close!!!!

--

4-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Stankovic), Zivkovic, Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek*

A good win as we bounce back from our European exit. Radonjic scored a screamer from distance while Hlozek moves up to 35 goals for the season.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Zivkovic, Krznaric (Stankovic), Radonjic*, Hlozek

WOW!!!!!

We were superb here and smashed in 8 goals in a truly incredible performance. Grujic hardly ever scores but he got 2 here as did Hlozek and Radonjic.

--

partizan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Zivkovic, Krznaric (Stankovic), Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

This was a tough match but we deservedly won thanks to a fine goal from young Krznaric. Duric had a goal disallowed in stoppage time but we were well worth the win which we got. We have now scored 100 goals in the league this season.

--

SUMMARY

Our European exploits ended this month as we threw away a 2 goal lead to go out of the Champions League to Barcelona. It was gutting tbh as we were by far the better team in the 2nd leg but alas it was not to be but we now know that we can give the likes of Barcelona a good game.

We bounced back in fine style in the league as we put 4 past Spartak and then 8 past Cukaricki before defeating Partizan Belgrade in the Eternal Derby to move 23pts clear at the top of the table.

The youth intake was pretty good and I signed up several players but nobody to shout out about at the moment.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FEDERICO DIMARCO
DIMARCO.png

--

SUPER LIGA
MAR.png

1620558673625.png

APRIL

3-0.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric (Erakovic), Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic (Stankovic), Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic, Lazetic (Krznaric)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

We retain the title with this win and amazingly we have won it before we go into the split! During the international break both Hlozek and Zivkovic suffered injuries so Kikic and Lazetic will get the opportunity to put a run of starts together.

--

belgrade.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson (Stankovic), Kikic, Deric, Radonjic, Lazetic (Vidosavljevic)

A fantastic result as we played like the champions that we are to humiliate our rivals. We still have to play each other in the cup semis too.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Kikic, Deric (Krznaric), Vidosavljevic, Lazetic (Stoisavljevic)

How do I judge this game? I am both fuming that we failed to win our first league game of the season but I am delighted that we came back from 3-0 down to rescue a point. We battered them throughout but we made far too many defensive errors and they made us pay. Dimarco's equaliser was a stunning long range effort.

--

1-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Erakovic), Duric*, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic (Stankovic), Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Krznaric, Radonjic, Lazetic

Our goal in this game was crazy as Gerson played a low through ball into the area and their keeper dived past the ball and Lazetic tapped it into the empty net!!!!

--

Kup Srbije Semi-Final
2-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Erakovic, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco* (Jevremovic), Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic, Neoricic, Hlozek, Lazetic (Stoisavljevic)

We come back from behind to beat Partizan Belgrade as we reach the Serbian Cup final. Yet again one of our opponents get sent-off against us as that is 5 for the month alone.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us drop our first points in the league this season which ends our hopes of a perfect league campaign but we did fight back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 so it wasnt all bad lol. We faced up against Partizan Belgrade twice and and beat them twice firstly by thumping them 4-0 in the league and then narrowly beating them 2-1 in the cup semis.

We go into the final month of the season just hoping that we remain unbeaten in the league and naturally we have to win the Serbian Cup final.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FEDERICO DIMARCO
FD.png

--

SUPER LIGA
APRIL.png

1620564003513.png

MAY

novi sad.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco (Jevremovic), Petrovic, Gerson, Kikic, Krznaric (Stankovic), Radonjic, Hlozek

We won 2-0 but it could have been 12-0. Kikic had one disallowed, we hit the woodwork a few times and their keeper made save after save after save and got the MOM award.

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov (Propadalo), Dimarco* (Jevremovic), Grujic, Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Krznaric, Radonjic, Hlozek

This was a thrilling match with 7 goals and a couple of disallowed goals from our opponents to boot! Both my full backs scored with Dimarco scoring a trademark free-kick. He has been attracting the interest of Man Utd and FC Porto recently.

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Kikic (Deric), Krznaric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek*

A good win and we are one game away from being the invincibles. We have broken the record for the amount of goals scored in the league - 121 and counting!

--

indija.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric (Propadalo), Pankov, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Kikic, Deric (Krznaric), Radonjic*, Hlozek

INVINCIBLES!!!!!!!!!!

We manage to go through the whole league season unbeaten and we ended the season with a comfortable win over Indija thanks to a superb hat-trick from Nemanja Radonjic.

--

Kup Srbije Final
cup.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov, Dimarco (Jevremovic), Grujic, Gerson, Kikic, Deric*, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek (Lazetic)

An entertaining final but I am actually disappointed that we conceded the 2 late goals as it kinda takes away the gloss from our victory. Igor Deric scored a brilliant hat-trick to end his season on a high.

Our seeason however ends on a low as Dimarco got injured and will be out for 8-9 months after damaging his cruciate ligaments. The summer will take up most of that but I dont expect to see him back until next February due to the winter break!

--

SUMMARY

Somehow despite ending the season this month by securing an unbeaten league season and by winning the cup we secured the double we are actually downhearted as a long term injury to Federico Dimarco has really ruined the month if I am honest.

I actually have some transfer news!!!! It is an odd time of the season to have some but I sold Mirko Topic to Al-Ahli for £1.4m. The midfielder was unhappy and I have a new CM coming in plus 3 prospects who are bubbling underneath so I decided to move him on. I am actually beginning to regret arranging the new signing lol!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM HLOZEK
hlozek.png

1620571881620.png

END OF SEASON POST

We had an exceptional season. We won the domestic double and really showed Europe how good we were in the Champions League and tbh we have now set the minimum standards for upcoming seasons.

We won the league by winning 36 out of 37 fixtures but we didnt lose a single game so that is pleasing. Even our 1 draw was a victory as we fought back from 3-0 down. We ended up winning the league by 27pts, scoring a record 125 goals and only conceding 12 which is just truly remarkable. Considering 3 of our goals conceded came in 1 game, 2 in another and my former player scored another against us I really have to give my team praise for finding the perfect balance between attacking play and defensive.

We won the Serbian Cup for the 2nd season in succession after beating Vozdovac in the final in a 7 goal thriller. We knocked out Partizan Belgrade in the semis and once they are out of the way we were always favourites to win but tbh we should be dealing with them anyway.

In the Champions League we pulled out all the stops. We were magnificent. We knocked out Kobenhaven 8-4 on aggregate in the playoff and then we were put in a group alongside Sevilla, FC Porto and Hoffenheim and we obliterated them by winning all 6 group games and scoring 24 goals to average 4 goals a game. We beat Hoffenheim 4-1 and and 7-1 (away), Sevilla 4-0 and 3-2 and FC Porto 3-2 both times. That set us up with a tie against Barcelona and we were moments away from knocking them out. We lost the first leg 3-2 at the Nou Camp and in the 2nd leg we were 2-0 up and 10min away from knocking them out but they scored twice and we were out. They ended up winning the Champions League.

My B team finished 2nd in the 2nd tier for the 2nd year in a row which was a slight disappointment. Tbh all my best youngsters apart from maybe 2 are either in the first team or in the U19 squad at the minute and if they were all put in together they would have walked the league.

--

SUPER LIGA

TABLE.png

--

SQUAD
SQUAD.png
SQUAD 2.png

Goalkeepers - Predrag Rajkovic played in every match apart from 1 and had a fine season but the 1 game he missed was away to Barcelona in the Champions League and Marko Copic came into the side, saved a penalty and won the MOM award!!!!!

Defenders - Moussa Wague was my new RB and he started the season on fire before dropping off performance wise but he still had a great season with 7 goals and 12 assists. Milan Gajic was his able deputy and he scored his first goals for the club under me. On the other side Federico Dimarco's numbers were down on last season but he was still exceptional. 4 goals was down on the 10 from last season and 17 assists was down from 25 but Wague made up for it on the other side and the injury to Dimarco will be a huge blow for the start to next season.

In the middle Pankov was solid as usual but Andrej Duric had a standout season as he came into the side. He is the first ball playing defender that I have played and he was amazing. Erakovic did well when called upon and in Propadalo I have a top prospect.

Marko Jevremovic was my backup LB and he excelled when played as he scored 3 goals and played brilliantly when selected. With Dimarco injured long term next season could be a big season for him.

Midfielders
- Marko Grujic did as expected and played well while Gerson really improved on last season with 11 goals and 15 assists and I think the fact that he is now settled in the country, can speak the language and knows how we play meant that he was superb. Petrovic dropped out of the side and did ok while Topic and Stankovic were on the periphery of things.

On the RW we brought in Zivkovic and he did well before he broke his leg and missed the final few months of the season. Vidosavljevic featured occasionally but Zeljko Kikic leapfrogged him and he played so well that he won his first cap for Serbia and is a serious contender for being first choice next season. On the other side Nemanja Radonjic was excellent as 28 goals and 23 assists proves. I have received several transfer bids for him so the heat is on to keep him.

At AMC I started the season with teenager Miodrag Obradovic and he did well for the 1st half of the season before suffering a horror injury which ruled him out for the 2nd half of the season. Igor Deric came in in his place and he did well, scoring 13 goals including hat-tricks against Hoffenheim in the Champions League and Vozdovac in the Serbian Cup final. I brought in Krznavic in on loan to cover for Obradovic and he did well.

Forwards - Adam Hlozek was my main man. He prefers to play on the LW but he was amazing up front and netted 44 goals which gave him a goal a game record. If he wasnt injured for a month towards the end of the season he could have easily have reached 50 goals.

Marko Lazetic was a conundrum. He started the season, then faded, scored some important goals and ended up with 16 goals yet when he replaced Hlozek due to his injury he really struggled and he currently wants to leave the club so god knows what is going to happen with him.

My Player of the Season
- Federico Dimarco
My Young Player of the Season - Adam Hlozek
Must Improve - Milutin Vidosavljevic
Donkey of the Season - Dragan Stoisavljevic

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have 3 transfers pre-arranged but with Dimarco injured for 8-9 months I also need to bring in a new left back to cover for him. I would like to say that there will not be much changes to my first team but the vultures are circling and if we get a stupid offer I admit I probably would sell!!!!

1620584438766.png

PRE-SEASON POST

As ever this post is done halfway through the summer such is the early time of our kick-off to the league campaign. I have brought in 6 new players, 4 for the first team, at a cost of £17m and one of them has broken the Serbian transfer record.

Going the opposite direction is just 1 player but I have made a concerted attempt to loan out several prospects as I have made a slight change to my transfer strategy.

The Euros happened in the summer and I could give you 100 guesses (well maybe 30) and you wouldnt be able to name the winners. It was Norway!!!!!!! They beat Portugal on penalties in the final while Serbia lost all 3 fixtures so they have sacked their manager so naturally I have thrown my hat into the ring to manage them.

--

PLAYERS OUT

OUT.png

Milan Gajic is the only player to leave permanently from the first team. He wasnt happy being 2nd choice behind Wague so I was happy to sell him for a deal starting at £1.8m. He made 144 apps and scored 2 goals and was a loyal servant but his time was up yet as I say that - I have not replaced him!!!!!

Vojvodina have loaned 4 of my best youngsters. Stoisavljevic, Stankovic and Mitrovic have all played for the first team and it is make or break for them in truth while Marinkovic may have a future with us. I expect Vojvodina will have a good season on the back of these signings.

Omar Arenas was signed so you will see him below. I have decided to loan him out as I have a glut of central midfield players and as he is a foreigner I felt that it was best that he gained some regular first team football elsewhere.

--

PLAYERS IN

IN.png

As you can see I broke the Serbian transfer record by £3.5m to bring in Strahinja Pavlovic from Monaco. He is a ball playing defender and is a step up from Pankov so that is the main change to my first team. He recently just turned 23 so he has got plenty of development left in him and I expect him to stroll the Super Liga. He becomes my highest paid player on almost double of the next highest earner.
PAVLOVIC.png

I paid £2.2m to make the loan deal for Vukasin Krznaric from Mladost. He impressed me last season and I felt that he could develop into a top class player so I was quite happy to bring him in. He will have Deric and Obradovic in front of him though.
KRZNARIC.png

Omar Arenas and Dragan Rakic came in for £650k and £600k respectively. Both are great prospects and I have loaned out Arenas so he can get regular first team football. Rakic may be Serbian but I brought him in from the Swiss side FC Basel.
ARENAS.png
RAKIC.png

On free transfers comes in Ivan Ilic from Man City and Mihailo Ristic from Nantes. Ilic was a long term target so I was happy to bring him in on a pre-contract although I soon realised I didnt really need him such is the strength of my youngsters in the squad like Shemvuni and a lad who I will intoduce below. This signing made me sell Topic towards the end of last season and also loan out Mitrovic this term.

As for Mihailo Ristic I moved to sign him the moment Federico Dimarco got injured. For the first half of the season he will compete with Jevremovic for the LB spot but when Dimarco returns I will have 3 left backs in my squad which could prove to be a conundrum. He is in the Serbia squad so he has the ability so it is up to him how much he plays.
ILIC.png
RISTIC.png

--

SQUAD

Pavlovic will replace Pankov in the centre of defence so I now will have 2 ball playing defenders which should suit our tactics down to the ground. The rest of the first XI remains the same except that I have made the decision to promote Zeljko Kikic ahead of Andrija Zivkovic as my RW. Kikic impressed me towards the end of last season and has been capped by Serbia and has overtaken not only Zivkovic but also Vidosavljevic to be my first choice RW.

At AMC it is a battle between Deric and Obradovic. Whoever is in form will play!

I have promoted Dorde Melovic into the first team squad. He looks like he could be a great player and tbh he went totally under my radar until midway through last season. With him, Shemvuni, Stankovic and Mitrovic I am blessed with talent there and tbh Shemvuni should really be in the first team squad but hi foreign status counts against him. I have tried to loan him out but there are no takers. Anyway Melovic should grow into being a top player and if he can improve his passing ability then we have some player on our hands.
MELOVIC.png

--

SEASON AIMS

100% record in the league please!!!! We have come so close twice so it is definitely attainable. Naturally the Serbian Cup should be won. In the Champions League we are starting a round earlier but depending on the draw I would like to think that we could make it out of the group stage. If we dont and end up in the Europa League I would like to think that we can make a serious attempt to be successful there.

--

1620588860698.png

JULY

radnicki.png

Lineup
- Copic, Wague*, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Pankov), Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic, Hlozek

A decent start to the season as we win comfortably. Obradovic returned from injury while I gave a debut to Ristic.

--

zlatibor.png

Lineup - Copic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic*, Ristic, Grujic, Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek

Another 3-0 win so thats nice lol. Igor Deric has his hands on the AMC spot just now so he needs to keep scoring to keep Obradovic out.

--

In other news...................

1620660969585.png

I AM THE NEW SERBIA MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After losing all 3 group games at the Euros the job became available and I jumped at the chance to manage them. We are currently ranked 47th in the world and are in group C of the nations league so much improvement is required!

1620764411525.png

AUGUST

backa.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pankov), Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek*

Conceding 2 goals is disappointing but I am pleased with the 5 that we did score. It could have been so much more though as we missed chance after chance.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
qarabag.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pankov, Duric, Pavlovic (Erakovic), Ristic*, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Kikic, Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

We start off this seasons competition a round further away from the group stage than last season but we should reach the playoff round after this result. We raced into a 4 goal lead in the first 26min but annoyingly couldnt add to our tally thereafter.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic, Grujic*, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

A tremendous result and a tremendous performance. Although we ended up with 5 goals it could have been 15 as we battered Napredak. Gerson had a goal disallowed and Hlozek missed a penalty while we missed several other clear cut chances.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
fk.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pankov, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic, Grujic, Gerson*, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

Not the most convincing of wins score wise but we got the win which our play deserved thanks to a late Hlozek goal. We face Zenit St.Petersburg in the next round and they will be a much tougher opponent I expect.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Jevremovic), Grujic, Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek*

We didnt hit the 5 goal mark here as is proving popular but we were 1 away and Pavlovic had a goal disallowed so I cant complain lol.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
zenit.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek (Lazetic*)

Zenit took the lead in the 5th minute with their only shot on goal so we had to battle back to win this. Kikic powered in the leveller and then late on Lazetic bundled home the winner after a goalmouth scramble. I am confident going into the 2nd leg after this result.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric (Pankov), Pavlovic, Ristic*, Grujic, Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

When we find our shooting boots just watch out!!!! We should have scored 7 or 8 here as we missed chance after chance after chance after chance. We are averaging over 3 goals a game at the moment but we can do more.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 2nd Leg
zsp.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Pankov, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Jevremovic), Grujic, Petrovic (Ilic), Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic, Hlozek*

The group stages beckon once again as we edge out Zenit here. By no means were we at our best but we still won which is a good sign.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic*, Grujic, Petrovic (Ilic), Vidosavljevic, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

A near perfect derby day as we trounce Partizan Belgrade at their own patch. We were 3-0 up at half time with Ristic scoring a belter and although they pulled a goal back Obradovic struck a 4th for us.

--

SUMMARY

We have had a tremendous start to the season as after only 7 league games we have opened up a 5pt lead already which means basically the league title is over lol. The highlight of the month was our 4-1 away victory over Partizan Belgrade which shows how far ahead we are of our domestic opponents.

In the Champions League we swotted aside Qarabag and then beat Zenit 2-1 twice to reach the group stages of the Champions League and this time, despite starting in the competition so early, we were seeded 2nd!!!! In the end we were drawn against FC Porto (again), AC Milan and Club Brugge. Now I dont expect us to perform as well as we did last year but I am confident that we can make it out of the group!
1620764083027.png
1620764118806.png
1620764137489.png
1620764175569.png

There is some transfer news as I sold a player. Andrija Zivkovic left to join Henan for £7m (£9.25m). I wasnt actively looking to sell him but when the bid came in I readily accepted as I was making a profit and with Kikic and Vidosavljevic I had plenty of RW's already. He only had one season with me but I wish him well and now he needs to convince me to pick him for Serbia!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM HLOZEK
hlozek.png

--

SUPER LIGA
aug.png

1620830464642.png

SEPTEMBER

indija.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Erakovic), Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Jevremovic), Grujic, Ilic, Kikic*, Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

I am missing so many CMs at the minute that I only had 2 fit first teamers but it didnt hamper us here as we come back from the international break to thump Indija.

--

porto.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Jevremovic), Grujic, Ilic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic, Hlozek

Last season we thumped FC Porto at home but here we were fortunate to escape with a draw as they played very well and had a host of chances.

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic*, Grujic (Ilic), Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic, Hlozek

A poor performance but we got the victory but it comes at a cost as Igor Deric got injured and he will be out for 6 weeks so Obradovic will get a run of starts.

--

proleter.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic (Pankov), Ristic, Grujic*, Gerson, Kikic, Obradovic (Petrovic), Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

We didnt have our shooting boots on today as we should have scored 6 or 7 but we had to settle for 3. Petrovic scored with a brilliant long range effort.

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague*, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Jevremovic), Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek

PHEW!!!!!

We were 2-0 down with them scoring with their only 2 shots on goal and we were in dire straights despite being the better side. Then they had 2 men sent-off so I went super attacking and we just battered them. Wague scored twice and then missed a penalty to deny him his hat-trick but from the resulting corner Vidosavljevic headed in the winner.

--

SUMMARY

We werent at our free flowing best this month and had a couple of scares, none more so than our 3-2 win over Metalac as we came back from 2-0 behind to take the victory. We won all of our other domestic matches and have an 8pt lead at the top already.

In the Champions League we drew 1-1 at home to FC Porto and it goes to show how far we have progressed when you consider that I am disappointed at drawing that game! I suppose after thumping them last season a draw is seen as a step back. Our matches against Club Brugge are even more important now but as I always say at home we are a terrifying prospect.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOUSSA WAGUE
wague.png

--

SUPER LIGA
SEP.png

--

1620830553970.png

SERBIA

UEFA Nations League Division C Group 2
latvia.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Maras, Milenkovic, Ristic (Terzic), Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic*, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic

ZELJKO KIKIC!!!!!!!

My young RW recently signed a new contract and he celebrated in style by scoring his first 4 goals for his country. He had 1 cap before but this was his 2nd cap. I gave my own players, Igor Deric and Miodrag Obradovic their first caps with Deric grabbing a debut goal.

--

UEFA Nations League Division C Group 2
kazakhs.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Maras, Milenkovic, Ristic (Terzic), Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic*

Another easy victory. We should really be steamrollering this group though - it is a disgrace that we are in Division C.

--

My 1st Squad

Goalkeepers
- Marko Dmitrovic (Al-Arabi), Dorde Nikolic (Vaduz),
Predrag Rajkovic (Red Star)

Defenders - Andrej Duric (Red Star), Milan Gajic (Toulouse), Nikola Maras (Real Betis), Svetozar Markovic (Real Madrid), Nikola Milenkovic (Shanghai Port), Strahinja Pavlovic (Red Star), Mihailo Ristic (Red Star), Aleksa Terzic (Brescia)

Midfielders -
Marko Grujic (Red Star), Zeljko Kikic (Red Star), Nemanja Maksimovic (Getafe), Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio), Miodrag Obradovic (Red Star), Uros Racic (Valencia), Nemanja Radonjic (Red Star), Filip Stevanovic (Manchester City), Vanja Vlahovic (VfL Wolfsburg - on loan from Manchester City)

Forwards -
Igor Deric (Red Star), Dejan Joveljic (Hertha Berlin), Luka Jovic (Real Madrid)