ChrisDCFC

Reaction score
The Rangers Revival

images

First time trying this so any feedback please let me know (K)

All the talk in Scotland just now is how Rangers are going to storm through the divisions back to the top all in consecutive years . I want to see if that's what will happen.

Targets

1st season - win the 3rd division without losing a single game. Win the challenge cup.

2nd season - win the 2nd division without losing a single game. Win the challenge cup. Get to the semi's of the league cup.

3rd season - win the 1st division. Win the challenge cup. Win the league cup.

4th season - Finish in top three. Win the Scottish cup.

5th season - Win the SPL. Win both cups. Be in Europe after Christmas.

The aim is to basically become the dominant force again in Scotland both on the pitch and financially off it.

I am a Celtic fan by the way (6)​

I am using LFC Marshalls latest update and will be using a 4-1-2-3 formation.

I have an initial transfer budget of £0 an additional wage budget of £25k.

Initial thoughts on the squad

GK

Neil Alexander - Easily the no1 at the club however as he is 34 will need to search out a young apprentice to take over after the first couple of seasons.

Scott Gallacher & Grant Adam - both not good enough even at this level. Will offload as soon as I bring in a new young keeper.

DR

Kirk Broadfoot - although primarily a centre half have decided to make him my regular right back due to his experience. Doubt lack of pace will be tested at this level.

Darren Cole - Exciting young prospect.

DL

Lee Wallace - One of the best players at the club

DC

Carlos Bocanegra & Dorin Goian - 1st choice pairing. Carlos will also cover at left back when needed.

Ross Perry - long term replacement for either centre half.

DMC

Lee McCulloch - Experience vital in the middle of the park

Maurice Edu - Backup

MC

Ian Black & Dean Shiels - 1st choice. Shiels will be the creative force in the team.

Alejandro Bedoya & Kyle Hutton - Bedoya a fringe player and Hutton a decent young prospect.

ST

Francisco Sandaza - No 1 striker.

Kevin Kyle
- Injured for the whole season

Andy Little & Kane Hemmings - Little no more than a back up and Hemmings injured for around half a season.

Kal Naismith - decent young player

Transfers

The main area that is concerning me is up front. With Kyle and Hemmings on the long term injury list I am very short considering I am playing with 3 strikers. Seeing as I have no transfer budget I've looked on the loan and free transfer lists and brought in two strikers.

Andrew Halliday - season long loan from Middlesbrough

Juvhel Tsoumou
- free transfer

I also promoted Barrie McKay from the youth team.

With only a small squad to work with I hope I can stay injury free during the season.​

Last edited:
Looking forward to this big rangers fan and interested that your a Celtic fan :)

Looking forward to this big rangers fan and interested that your a Celtic fan :)

Thanks! Have to admit the gf was giving me funny looks when I told her I was playing as Rangers. If she didn't get fm before she sure as **** doesn't now XD

Will start posting results tonight.

I will follow this too being a big Rangers fan! It's brilliant that your a Celtic fan and playing Rangers, i wouldn't be able to do that!!

Thanks! Have to admit the gf was giving me funny looks when I told her I was playing as Rangers. If she didn't get fm before she sure as **** doesn't now XD

Will start posting results tonight.

Haha mines says the worst thing in the world that its just a game :)) some people just don't get it lol and respect for you because a defo couldn't play as Celtic haha

I will follow this too being a big Rangers fan! It's brilliant that your a Celtic fan and playing Rangers, i wouldn't be able to do that!!

Thanks mate. Have done many saves in previous games as both Celtic & Rangers at the same time. Always good to find out who comes out top.

Pre Season

images

Carnoustie 2 v 6 Rangers
sandaza 3
Halliday
Shiels
Naismith

Stranraer 0 v 5 Rangers
Naismith 3
Sandaza
Little

Crusaders 1 v 3 Rangers
Hutton
Sandaza
Own Goal

Port Vale 2 v 8 Rangers
Sandaza 5
Little
Halliday
Edu

Rangers 2 v 1 Wigan
Sandaza
Halliday

Overall happy with the pre season games. Great to score eight against Port Vale and an amazing result against Wigan. Hope the Wigan game reflects the fact that the squad is SPL quality and should waltz through the first few divisions. Also impressed with Sandaza's quality in front of goal. Young Naismith has caught my attention and is in line for a role in the starting eleven. Slightly concerned that the back line is shaky though but the real test comes in the competitive games.

interesting that your a celtic fan, good luck!

July

Challenge Cup 1st Round

Rangers 4 v Airdrie Utd 0
Naismith 2
Little
Sandaza

League Cup 1st Round

Rangers 2 v 0 Dunfermline
Sandaza 2

Couldn't ask for a better start than two successful cup games against 1st division opposition. Drawn in the Challenge cup against Buckie Thistle at home and against SPL opposition in Kilmarnock away in the League cup. Really looking forward to testing the team against an SPL club.​

Am I the only one that thinks it's not weird that your a celtic fan ? lol I play as Celtic from time to time and i'm a season ticket holder at Ibrox it's only a game after all. I would recommend you try play stuart urqhart from the youth, His stats don't look great but he always plays well in my saves. decent prospect without a doubt.

Am I the only one that thinks it's not weird that your a celtic fan ? lol I play as Celtic from time to time and i'm a season ticket holder at Ibrox it's only a game after all. I would recommend you try play stuart urqhart from the youth, His stats don't look great but he always plays well in my saves. decent prospect without a doubt.

I think I've played as Rangers at least once every game going away back to the CM days. Will check the lad out thanks.

August

3rd Division

Rangers 7 v 0 Montrose
Sandaza
Halliday 3
Naismith
Own Goal 2

Challenge Cup 2nd Round

Rangers 4 v 0 Buckie Thistle
Naismith 3
Shiels

3rd Division

Berwick 1 v 5 Rangers

Naismith 3
Halliday
Hutton

Rangers 1 v 0 Queens Park
Halliday

League Cup 2nd Round

Kilmarnock 1 v 6 Rangers
Halliday 4
Black
Naismith

3rd Division

Peterhead 0 v 8 Rangers
Wallace
Shiels 3
Naismith
Halliday 3

Rangers 3 v 0 East Stirlingshire
Naismith
Halliday
McCulloch

A busy month with some big wins in the league and an excellent result away to Kilmarnock in the cup. Sandaza got injured and I was worried Halliday wouldn't be able to play as the main striker but for him to put four by Kilmarnock was extra special. Naismith continues to impress and very happy that the midfield has contibuted to the goal scoring also. Drawn against Albion Rovers at home in the Challenge cup and will be getting my first taste of Old Firm action with a home draw against Celtic in the League cup!!!​

September

Challenge Cup 3rd Round

Rangers 4 v 1 Albion Rovers
Naismith
McKay 2
Halliday

3rd Division

Stirling 0 v 1 Rangers
Naismith

Elgin City 1 v 3 Rangers
Tsoumou 2
Shiels

A tight win against Stirling who are chasing in 2nd place. Good to see young McKay and new signing Tsoumou getting in on the goals. A decent preperation for the big one against Celtic..............................................................​

September Continued...

old-firm-fans-090408.jpg

League Cup 3rd Round

Rangers 2 v 3 Celtic aet
Own Goal
Little

Down two nil at half time I was fearing the worst however pulled it back and forced the game into extra time. Matched Celtic the whole game and thought we would at least get the lottery of a penalty shoot out only to experience heart break in the 120th minute when Celtic scored. Lot's of positives to take from the game however. Drawn against Elgin City at home in the Challenge Cup Semi Final.​