Stoke - Home

View attachment 210178

Ryan Shawcross really set the tone for this match when he picked up a red card after just 20 seconds! From then on we dominated proceedings with Barkley, Lukaku and Lennon all getting on the scoresheet to leave us 3 goals to the good at half time. We maybe took our foot off the gas a bit in the second half and allowed Diouf to score a consolation goal but the result was never in doubt.

City - Away

View attachment 210176

View attachment 210175

What a result!!! A 3-1 victory against City at their ground. Unbelievable. Aaron Lennon who has been superb for us this season opened the scoring on 7 minutes tapping in at the back post. City then asserted their dominance on the game and Fernandinho leveled the scores with a pearler from 25 yards out. I expected to go in at half time with the scores level but Jagielka had different ideas as he rose highest from a corner and give us the lead with 44 minutes gone. The second half was an absolute onslaught but we held strong and the big man up front managed to outmuscle Otamendi and run clear on goal before slotting past the helpless Joe Hart. Delightful.

View attachment 210173

Ross Barkley has suffered a bruised shin for the third time this season. The lad needs to start wearing his ****** shin pads!

View attachment 210172

Man United have decided to sack Louis Van Gaal but he remains at the club as a Director of Football. Ancelotti is the early favourite for the job.

October Results

View attachment 210170

The home game against Liverpool has been pushed back to a Sunday so we only end up playing the three games in October and we won all three. The away victory at City clearly the highlight.

Awards

View attachment 210169

View attachment 210168

Aaron Lennon picked up the player of the month award as a result of his wonderful performances and I am awarded manager of the month for our 100% record in the month of October. Lovely stuff.

We start the month of November with my first Merseyside derby to be played at Goodison Park.

View attachment 209928

A strong starting 11 for both sides. I opted for the 4-1-2-3 set up to allow Barry to shield the defence due to Liverpool's strength in the CAM position.

View attachment 209927

View attachment 209926

We done it! A priceless victory against our biggest rivals. An early Lukaku goal, who has really found his scoring boots lately set us on our way. In what was a really tight game there were limited chances and I was half expecting Liverpool to nick a goal but we held our nerve and in the 93rd minute Aaron Lennon broke down the right and crossed the ball into the path of McCarthy who slotted the ball home and sent the fans wild!
What a feeling.

Some news on the injury front.

View attachment 209925

Darron Gibson who has yet to play a game for me has suffered a setback in his return from injury and is thinking about calling it a day. Sad news for the 28 year old who still has a lot to offer.

View attachment 209924

Aaron Lennon who has arguably been our player of the season up to now is set to miss up to three weeks due to a strained calf he picked up while jumping for a header. What the **** was he doing going up for a header! Have you seen the size of him.

Next up we face a trip to White Hart Lane. Tottenham have started the season well and will be a difficult outfit.

Tottenham - Away

View attachment 209923

Today just wasn't our day. We did go in at half time a goal to the good but Tottenham really stepped it up in the second half and punished us. Andros Townsend unleashed a thunderbolt that left Robles with no chance, the prolific Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min completed the scoring.

Sunderland - Home

View attachment 209226

Sunderland didn't stand a chance today. I gave the lads a real bollocking for the way we collapsed against Tottenham and it seemed to do the trick. Two goals in both halves resulted in a comfortable home victory.

West Brom - Away

View attachment 209223

A fantastic away victory against West Brom who have had a wonderful first half of the season. Both goals come from set pieces which is a surprise against a Tony Pulis side! James Chester turned into his own net from a corner kick before Big Rom tapped in from close range from a whipped in free kick. Special praise has to go to John Stones who was absolutely majestic today and has really shown his maturity after the pre-season transfer talk.

League Table

View attachment 209222

Here is how the league table is looking with fourteen games gone. Joint second in the league and only a point off leaders Tottenham, I couldn't ask for more at this stage the lads have been fantastic and if we keep this run of form up we could easily end in the top four positions.

November Results

View attachment 209221

An almost perfect month bar the defeat to Tottenham. December will be a big month with lots of games to play.

December Fixtures

View attachment 209111

Plenty of fixtures over the festive period. We face United twice in the league in the space of 9 days.

View attachment 209108

A managerial casualty across the park as Liverpool lose patience with the German.

View attachment 209107

I will be allowed to continue what I have started at Everton. Absolutely delighted! :D

View attachment 209103

We draw Rotherham in the FA cup third round, hopefully a straight forward tie.

Norwich - Home

View attachment 209100

We were clinical today. Lukaku bagged a hat trick and he is quickly becoming unplayable, his goal scoring exploits are one of the reasons for our success.

Swansea - Away

View attachment 208727

The headline may read unfortunate but I would have to disagree. Our counter attacking mentality worked a treat and secured three valuable away points. The goal came on 27 minutes when we broke quickly from a Swansea corner kick and nobody came close to catching Mirallas as he broke down the right before crossing low into Lukaku's path to allow him to slot home. I really couldn't be happier with our form of late and we are beginning to look like serious contenders for a top four finish.

View attachment 208718

Baines made his first team comeback in our last outing against Swansea and maybe it was one game too soon as he come off with a slight knock and will now miss another three weeks. :(

View attachment 208715

David Moyes makes his long awaited return to the premier league by securing himself the job at struggling Southampton!

Bournemouth - Home

View attachment 208695

A pretty straight forward victory but the lads did take their foot off the gas towards the end and allowed Wilson to scored a consolation goal with a lovely finish. Lukaku and Deulofeu were on target for us today.

some amazing results...and Klopp never lasts long on my saves too

I know can't believe how good the first half of the season has played out. Top 4 definitely a possibility!

Manchester United - Away

View attachment 207986

A 2-1 defeat has really brought us back to reality. United were on a different level today and we just couldn't cope with them. Depay seized on a mistake from Barry to opening the scoring before Mirallas brought us back into the game with a superb finish. United went up a gear in the second half and former Everton hero Wayne Rooney slotted home to ensure we left Old Trafford empty handed.

Crystal Palace - Away

View attachment 207984

We didn't let our heads drop after the defeat to United and managed to secure another three points against a lively Crystal Palace team. Palace dominated proceedings for the most part but the lack of quality they possess up top really showed and it was our front man who opened the scoring on 10 minutes with a powerful header. John Stones with another faultless performance at the heart of defence seen him pick up the MOTM award.

Manchester United - Home

View attachment 207983

Ahh! We miss the opportunity to take revenge on United despite dominating the game. Mirallas again found the net but it was that man, Wayne Rooney who managed to score again.

December Results

View attachment 207980

Another really good month apart from the four points dropped against Manchester United. So frustrating as we should have took all three in the home fixture!

League Table

View attachment 207973

We currently occupy third spot in the league. Lukaku's run of recent form sees him in second place of the Top Goalscorer charts behind a certain Jamie Vardy!

Arsenal, Chelsea and United are all lurking just outside the top 4 ready to take advantage of any slump in form we may have.

January Fixtures

View attachment 207450

A pretty straight forward run of games this month. Hoping to take revenge on Arsenal for our defeat earlier in the season.

View attachment 207447

Kevin Mirallas receives the recognition he deserves by being awarded Player of the Month for December.

View attachment 207446

The January transfer window is only a few days old but already teams are beginning to show an interest in Lukaku. Keeping hold of him is pivotal to our goals.

West Ham - Home

View attachment 207445

West Ham defended admirably today and prevented us from playing our fluid style due to their aggressive nature but a bit of magic from Deulofeu in the first half ensured we took all three points. A good start to 2016.

View attachment 207442

Geronimo Rulli becomes my first signing as Everton manager. He joins up with us at the end of the season and will become our first choice Goalkeeper. I'm delighted to finally be welcoming a new Goalkeeper due to the lack of quality we possess, no disrespect to Joel Robles!

Rotherham - Away

View attachment 207438

A rotated eleven ensured we reach the next round of the FA Cup with a very efficient performance away to Rotherham. Aaron Lennon, who hasn't featured much of late due to the form of Mirallas opened the scoring on 33 minutes with a well taken goal but Rotherham did draw level and we went in at the break with the scores even. Lennon restored our lead after the break before Kone wrapped the game up with a nice finish.