Sheep_8

Reaction score
View attachment 225428
As you can see I have begun a new season with Man Utd, I have sold many of the old timers, Ferdinand(£17m), Evra(£28m), Berbatov(£10.5m) etc.

Bringing in some great youth prospects, Ayew brothers and Ajaxs best young players, while also promoting the likes of Pogba and obviously Cleverly to the first team.

I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on the matter??

Should I have held on to any of the players I sold, have I missed out on any great young prospects?

why don't play with only English players .. i do it always with barcelona only spanish players+messi .

Just adding to this, is it better to have a full reserve team with your youngsters or put them out on loan to clubs that are saying they are going to play fir the first team??

Probably should of kept half of what you sold and trained these young players up first, you kinda sold great players to replace them with average players, gonna be a bit tougher in the PL

Probably should of kept half of what you sold and trained these young players up first, you kinda sold great players to replace them with average players, gonna be a bit tougher in the PL

I know that but Evra and Ferdinand, I feel, have replacements in Jones and Fabio or Jan Vortegen(sorry) and I never play Carrick anyway. I have since regretted selling Berbatov, Rooney and Raul have injuries now until Christmas, luckily i was still in the transfer window and was able to get Iaquinta in on loan for 6 months as cover, not a great goal scorer but needed someone. Hernandez and Ayew will start majority of the games anyway, even Owen is on the bench now :(

don't sell too many of the older players, don't forget the tutor value they can have

Very surprising no one has commented "You win nothing with kids" - registered trade mark of Mr. Alan Hanson.

Evra is a good player to keep but 28 million is a ridiculous price :p Jones only came good for me in the second season, he can get too inconsistent for me in the first season. i kept rio to tutor youngsters but retired by the end of the second season because of lack of first team action :p Carrick played well for me first two seasons sold at the start of the third. Berbatov wasn't suited to my style of play so sold him instaly along with Diouf.

You can always recall Welbeck back from loan. I suffered the same fate losing Rooney early on in the first season. Hernandez kept me alive through the early parts of the season :p

You can always recall Welbeck back from loan. I suffered the same fate losing Rooney early on in the first season. Hernandez kept me alive through the early parts of the season :p

I agree with the £28million, couldn't say no to that, although it was to Arsenal :( I like to play Jones and Smalling so they can develop, regardless of results in my first season I think it should come good next year, if I only win the Premiership this year I would be very happy, using ALL kids in the Carling Cup and a mix of kids and experience in the FA cup so not expecting much.

Rooney is coming back sooner than expected so I will be able to cut the loan short possible, or drop Iaquinta to the reserves.

Hernandez and Ayew doing well together going to be hard to drop one for Rooney, probably be Ayew, since you have played with United, isn't Anderson a machine??? He just can't stop setting up goals in my game, him and Valencia(Young struggling to get a game at present)

Who have you brought in to your United team in the time you have been there??

You want young players yet you buy Raul?

Yeah because I like him, he has great Influence and also can become a great coach/assistant manager in the second season, plus he was only £2m and wages were a steal...compared to Berbatov. So yeah, nothing wrong with bringing in the Champions League all tim top goal scorer for a bargain and influence is there? or maybe thats just me being stupid.....

WHICH FORMATION DO YOU USE? if you have young and eriksen play the formation i created The Reverse 4-5-1 available on the tactics page.use Jonny Evans as ur 2nd CB.he will score you around 15 goals from setpieces (corners) if delivered correctly by either young or eriksen. i too have eriksen and he has so far contributed with 23 assists and 12 goals in 32 app.selling the seniors was a tough thing to do but you should have spent more and got urself some star players like hamsik bale. try Leandro damiao he is an absolute beast @ goalscoring.Recall Welbeck from loan and use him more he will score around 15 goals in the poacher role throughout the season.
you can ask for more help on the tactic or setpieces if you want

why have you sent Eriksen on loan? he is definately ready for first team football.you need to recall welbeck and eriksen from loan. Also recall gibson and kuszkzak and look to sell them for around 3 millions combined

why have you sent Eriksen on loan? he is definately ready for first team football.you need to recall welbeck and eriksen from loan. Also recall gibson and kuszkzak and look to sell them for around 3 millions combined

Nobody wanted either of them for transfer, thats why the are on loan.

Erikson is on loan because i use 4-4-2 and Anderson is a beast in my formation, which is where i see Erikson playing and so instead of a few games for me, he may as well play a whole season in the dutch league he was already in.

You know you sold Ferdinand, who will you replace him with ?

You know you sold Ferdinand, who will you replace him with ?
Selling Ferdinand doesnt really matter as Man Utd have Jones Evans Smalling who can easily replace him and getting 17m for him is a great deal as well for a player who retires @ the end of second season

Try the formation i recommended as that will enable you to play both eriksen as well as anderson

As others have said, I'd recall Danny Welbeck, scored 25 for me on my Fulham save when I loaned him, and I'd imagine at United he'd do better due to the higher quality of players

Rooney is coming back sooner than expected so I will be able to cut the loan short possible, or drop Iaquinta to the reserves.

Hernandez and Ayew doing well together going to be hard to drop one for Rooney, probably be Ayew, since you have played with United, isn't Anderson a machine??? He just can't stop setting up goals in my game, him and Valencia(Young struggling to get a game at present)

Who have you brought in to your United team in the time you have been there??

Well Vidic and Ferdinand was the main centerbacks for the first season. Vidic and Jones the next. Smalling has actually been more of a right back cover to Rafael who's been outstanding for me. I bought Ayew cause he wanted to leave. Welbeck suffered two major injuries in the first season, broken leg and something with his spine so kept him for a year and since he didnt do well and Yaya Sanago was playing well was sent to Celtic then eventually sold to Aston Villa. Macheda was sold as he didnt amount to much as well.

Anderson was rubbish for me didn't really fit for me. Struggle to be consitent on any level so i sold him to PSG at the end of the second season. Cleverley and Pogba has been first team center midfield pairing for the 3rd season. Fletcher after missing the entire first season due to injury was a good addition to my midfield. He was first choice with cleverley second season.

I bought quite a few regens youngsters for the youth team. I got fellani as well to help with the center midfield position and the fact city were sniffing about made it even better to sign him before they could make an offer :p felipe anderson demanded more playing time without performing so was let go for a profit. Ravel Morrison didnt develop as well as Pogba and Lindegaard wanted first team action. I managed to get Ter Stegen for only 7 million cause his club got relegated and they were selling off their players ;) but he recently demanded first team action so i'll be looking to send him on loan somewhere or maybe to Celtic.

View attachment 225489View attachment 225490View attachment 225491

Last edited: