Charlie Mason

Reaction score
The Red Devil Returns

200px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

5th July 2011

It has sensationally been announced that Man Utd's iconic manager has finally decided to step down from his post and that he is has stated that he is more than happy to leave the club on a high. His exit has been speculated about over the years and when most people were starting to think the only way to get Sir Alex out of Old Trafford would be in a body bag the news of his departure comes as a bit of a shock as there had been no rumblings or indication that he was even considering leaving the club at this present time. With Sir Alex labelled the most successful British manager ever, the Man Utd fans must surely be feeling anxious and keen to see who the Glazier family and club chairman David Gill will appoint as the clubs next manager.

6th July 2011

the%20sun%20logo.jpg

The tabloids were full of news about Ferguson's departure and stated the decision to leave was solely his and that the club had even tried to get him to change his mind but ultimately said they would support his wishes. Ferguson who released a statement claimed that enjoying 25 years of football with Man Utd was ecstacy and drug like but knew that now was the time to leave...

View attachment 208612

" It's like football is my drug and like any addict it is time to stop and to return to normal life. I am extremely lucky to have held my tenure at the club for so long and I just want to thank everyone who has made my time here so special. I have seen countless players, staff and media personel through the years and again want to say thankyou to them. I want to thank the fans for their tremendous support over the years and let them know I couldn't have done 25 years without them ."

With the world still in a concussed state and still trying to digest the somewhat out of the blue news it was now up to the Man Utd hierarchy to ease the clubs fears and install someone who has managerial pedegree and who the fans can build an affinity with like they have done with Sir Alex.

Names in that have been thrown around are the likes of Everton manager David Moyes, Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho, Unemployed Martin O'Neil and even the likes of club legends Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who manages Norwegian club Molde and the currently unattached Roy Keane.

Only time will tell who Man Utd install as their new manager but the club is in unfamiliar territory and vulnerable as the whole world watches on.

Man Utd Unveil New Manager

8th July 2011

Only a few days have passed since the shock departure of Sir Alex Ferguson from Man Utd but it seems that the Man Utd hierarchy have already chosen the clubs next manager. The club who have been tight lipped on the situation so far are due to announce to the world who they have chosen as the man in charge in due course as they have announced a press conference later on today at Carrington training ground.

carrington_1558710c.jpg

As the the conference room filled inside Carrington Training ground the speculation was rife and the media were buzzing with excitement. Could it be Jose Mourinho who would be taking the reigns or maybe someone a bit grittier like David Moyes. The room fell silent however when David Gill walked in from a side corridor, took a seat and spoke to the awaiting audience. Gill described that losing Ferguson was a bitter pill to take and that although it was inevitable it was always going to be emotional when the wiley Scot finally called time on his illustrious career. He spoke about the short interval between Ferguson leaving and the new manager coming in as a stepping stone like move and that there had already been logic in place before Sir Alex left and an almost Plan B situation devised, for a just in case moment. Soon after David Gill rose from his seat and welcomed none other than former Man Utd captain... Roy Keane into the room.

The media errupted once again into a craze and watched as Keane took his place alongside Gill. Keane smiled and winked as he sat down clearly enjoying and savouring the moment. After a few moments Keane spoke about why he accepted the job, explaining that a while back the club and Ferguson himself had contacted him about eventually replacing him. Keane admitted that he was at first hesitant due to the expectation but after a dinner date with his old boss decided that he would be keen on taking the reigns. Keane also added that he respects Ferguson and that he will be his inspiration. He then opened himself up to take questions from the media...

50516_146057292084820_183071_n.jpg

Jon Marshall - Salford Local -
"Roy you stand here as the manager of Man Utd but have known about this day coming for a while, it must surely still feel extrodinary to finally be the man in charge?"
Roy Keane -
"It's certainly a day I will never forget. To come back here after enjoying myself for a number of years here is fantastic. It feels unreal but the staff here, many of whom I already know have made me feel tremendously welcome and kept me grounded. It will sink in over time but I am now focusing on the upcoming season more than my personal feelings"

Helen Gartside - Manchester Evening -
"So how are things shaping up for the upcoming season and how have the squad reacted to you return? Surely you must be relishing the prospect of linking up with Giggs and Scholes who is now coaching at the club"

Roy Keane -
"Firstly I haven't met up with the squad yet and am on my way to meet them after I am done here. I hope they accept me or I may be needing my P45 sooner than I thought. Seriously though when Ryan (Giggs) and Paul (Scholes) found out they were straight on the phone congratulating me, and yes I am excited to be linking up with both of them. Things are shaping up nicely so far for the season."

Andrew Phillips - Daily Star -
"Any Transfer news yet Roy?"

Roy Keane -
"There is interest in a few players definately and we are certainly looking for players who can improve the club. Myself and the board have earmarked players who we think can keep the club growing. Sir Alex has also been in contact and is obviously not enjoying his retirement as I often answer my phone to find it's him on the other end telling me about someone to look out for, we have sent our scouts out and we are working on it"

Justin Fouch - Daily Sport -
"What's the truth in the rumours about Berbatov's departure from the club?"

Roy Keane -
I cannot answer that question right now and will not be drawn onto the subject, it's just speculation as far as i'm aware and will not comment without first consulting Dimitar personally.

After successfully answering the media's question Roy keane apologised but explained that he had to now go and meet the squad and then attend a club meeting with the board. He thanked the members of the media for coming and disappeared from the room.

With the media now braced to tell the rest of the world the news only time will tell if Keane can make his return to Manchester United successful.

Man Utd Transfers

Transfer News

Manchester United Sign Swiss Starlets

Xherdan Shaqiri & Granit Xhaka - £15,000,000

Man Utd have snapped up promising winger Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka from Basel FC for a combined fee of around £15,000,000. It's been speculated that Man Utd had been watching the pair before Keane's tenure but the combative Irishman was so impressed with them he persuaded the club to sign them.

xherdan-shaqiri.jpg

Xherdan Shaqiri is a versatile winger who can play on either the left or the right and has a great eye for goal and has pinpoint cross accuracy. He had been monitored by alot of Europe's top clubs but eventually signed with Man Utd who along with Granit Xhaka have signed two of Switzerland's brightest talents. The deal took quite a chunk out of Roy Keanes transfer budget as £15,000,000 and a pre-season friendly was enough to persuade the Swiss club to sell.

Vilhena Signs For United

Tony Trinidade De Vilhena - £1,100,000

Roy keane seem's to ceratinly be focusing on youth perhaps a trait which he has learned from Sir Alex along the way. With United looking strong at the moment it seem's Keane is looking on further into the future. He has picked up a real gem in Vilhena who possess raw talent and loves running at defenders. Probably be loaned out to get him used to the physical aspect of the English game but definately one for the future.

trini.png

Ross Barkley Signs For Red Devils

Ross Barkley - £18,250,000

Manchester United's bumper signing this year comes in the shape of young Everton midfielder Ross Barkley. Tipped by many to be a future England star and already showing incredible talent for a 17 year old, Man Utd have signed an exceptional talent. Everton were reluctant to let him go but the colour of money won over and the Merseyside club excepted the huge offer of over £18million. Barkley will be looking to work closely with the likes of Giggs and Fletcher who he can really hone his skills with and if they tutor him he really could be an out of this world player.

110421054113.png

With Man Utd now armed for the future it is to be seen how the club fairs this season. The club certainly has cover and will be looking to play their youngsters in the Carling Cup to give them experience. Keane has bough cleverly and has signed some brilliant talent.

Very good start, and well written, I hope you can keep it interesting. Great signings too, seem quite realistic - Good luck!

Man Utd Pre-Season Friendlies

With Roy Keane having made an impact in the Transfer Market it would now be up to him to get the best out of his team and to integrate the new players into the squad. The likes of Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka who will be pushing for a first team place can use these matches as a catalyst for claiming a place in the Manchester United squad.
Ross Barkley is unfortunately on international duty with the England Under 19's at the Euro Championship's so misses out however. The Man Utd fans will have to wait longer to watch him play. Tony Trindade De Vilhena will most likely feature but will not be too disheartened if he is cast into the under 18's squad or placed on loan as he will know that he will need more experience to really stand a chance of claiming a first team spot.

View attachment 209182View attachment 209184View attachment 209183View attachment 209185

With the club due to play Championship side Southampton, Swiss champions FC Basel, Dutch side Ajax and Portuguese side Sporting it seems Keane is going to have to shape is team up for some very intriguing games. FC Base, Ajax and Sporting all have Champions League experience and will be considered tricky games but that will not change the expectations of the Man Utd fans who will expect a clean streak of wins through pre-season.

17th July 2011

Pre-Season Friendly
Saint Mary's
friendlymatchesfixtures.png

Roy Keane's first match in charge turned into a real goal fest as he started his Manchester United managerial career off in style. It was however the hosts who drew first blood as Ricky Lambert fired in a powerful header from close range as Adam Lallana delivered an ince perfect cross. On the 14th minute Nemaja Vidic scored with a header of his own to level the game and bring Manchester United back into the game. However it was the South coast club who again took the lead on the 26th minute as David Connolly beat the offside trap and rounded Man Utd's David De Gea to score a second for the Saints.

An aggitated Roy Keane suddenly leapt into action and was seen bellowing at his players to turn the game around. His words had the desired effect as soon after Wayne Rooney scored and then Ashley Young added a third just before half time.

At half time Keane rang the changes and decided to give new signings Xherdan Shaquiri and Granit Xhaka a chance to show off their talents. Shaqiri grabbed the game by the scruff of it's neck and showed great skill and vision as he curled in a deep cross which was met by the head of oncoming striker Michael Owen who was also brough on at half time.
View attachment 209191
Man Of the Match - Nemanja Vidic

22nd July 2011

Pre-Season Friendly
Old Trafford

The Manchester United fans watched gleefully as their side tore through a now weakened Basle team which was missing that of Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka who have now signed for the Red Devils. Wayne Rooney got Man Utd off the mark when he drilled in from close range after good work from Ashley Young on the left. Rooney then turned provider as he laid on a shot for Nani who smashed in the second goal of the game from close range aswell. Phil Jones scored in the 33rd minute from a Nani corner and looked assured when on the ball all day.

Xherdan Shaqiri humiliated his previous employers further more by scoring a fantastic long range effort which was the best goal of the day. Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand scored from two more Nani corners to seal the win for United and give Roy Keane's men a real lift heading into the next pre-season game.

View attachment 209201
Man Of the Match - Phil Jones

27th July 2011

Pre-Season Friendly
Old Trafford

Man Utd once again shone at home and in front of their own fans. Roy Keane started some of the youngsters in this game which paid off as exciting prospect Danny Welbeck scored both goals either side of half time and the performance of the whole squad was a joy to behold. Players like Federico Macheda linked up well and was unlucky not to score himself. new signing Granit Xhaka was zipping passes around the park all day and never looked likely to lose possesion.

Ajax themselves had a bad day at the office and rarely seemed to look threatening or even string a few passes tohether. Their best player today was Nicolas Lodeiro who had a few wayward shots but nothing to really worry the United team on display. Zeki Fryers played well and looked commanding at the back and looked strong running up the left wing and Ben Amos looked assured in goal even though he had very little to do.

View attachment 209207
Man Of the Match - Danny Welbeck

1st August 2011

Pre-Season Friendly
Old Trafford

Just another afternoon for the Man Utd fans to enjoy some more cracking football. Sporting were strong opposition and could of upset the Red Devils on more than one occaision. It was never to be though and Roy Keane's men put on another fantastic display. Phil Jones once again putting in a fantastic display and scored again with a thumping header from a well taken Nani corner. Danny Welbeck could have scored his third goal of pre-season but was slightly offside and the goal was disallowed. Xherdan Shaqiri played his skin off collecting lose balls and holding up the play extremely well. Used on the right wing he delivered cross after cross with formidable accuracy and was unlucky not to have assisted a couple of goals.

Anderson enjoyed the game and cropped up to score a close range goal. Javier Hernandez had fired in the arms of Rui Patricio who spilled his shot straight into the Brazillians path who tapped it in to secure the win.

View attachment 209209
Man Of the Match - Xherdan Shaqiri

With Manchester United having swept past their opponents during pre-season we will now see Roy Keane's first real test as we look foward to the Community Shield. The match which pits bitter rivals Manchester United against Manchester City will be watched by millions and definately gives Roy Keane the platform to show off his managerial talent. Roberto Mancini will want to upstage the Irishman and add to his only other trophy which was last years F.A Cup trophy.

Surely things are about to get interesting...

This layout is the best I think I've ever seen on the site. Keep it up mate, cracking stuff so far

Community Shield 2011

17th July 2011

Manchester United V Manchester City
View attachment 209593View attachment 209594

Finally the day
has arrived that all of Manchester will have earmarked in their calendars. Manchester United take on their noisy neighbours Manchester City in this mouthwatering Cup game. What a match we have to mark the beggining of the 2011-2012 season, a season where both teams will want to do as much as they can to claim as much silverware as possible. Manchester United who have lost influencial manager Sir Alex Ferguson will be facing their first real challenge with new man Roy Keane in charge, whereas City will be hoping to gain the upper hand as we enter the new campaign. As the teams prepared to take to the pitch both managers spoke to Sky Sports.

Sky%20Sports%20Web%20Logo.jpg

View attachment 209595
Roy Keane Man Utd

I think today is really going to determine who goes into the season with the upperhand. I know my squad has what it takes to stop City and lift the trophy after the 90 minutes. Even with all the money City have you can't buy squad harmony and morale. With Man Utd we have both of those qualities as well has experience in Cup games. I know Mancini will have a game plan and try to outmuscle us off the ball today but my team have the edge and I know we can win this game

View attachment 209598
Roberto Mancini Man City

Many fans will feel as if Man Utd have the edge today with all their experience in Cup competitions. This is not the case as my team are not looking at this game as a final but more so as a derby. The motivation alone to beat Man Utd is enough for my team to claim victory today. I have all the ingredients within my squad to lift this trophy and start the season off with a huge win. Roy Keane is inexperienced at this level but learning from Sir Alex will have done him no harm. I do however expect his team to play well but know we'll claim the win today.

Team Lineups

mancityvmanutdinformati.png

Strong squads from both teams being used today by both managers. Mancini has started Aguero up front who will be a huge threat and possess' impressive goal scoring capabilities. It will be Nemanja Vidic and Phil Jones' responsibility to stop him getting into goalscoring positions. Man Utd have included young Spanish goalkeeper David De Gea who has been touted as Man Utd's next goalkeeping sensation, today will be an opportunity to see how he copes. David Silva who had a great debut season last year will be Man City's star man, he will control the midfield and will be linking the play to Aguero up front. Man Utd will be looking to Wayne Rooney to lead from the front and will be hoping he can produce another magical performance again, remember last season's overhead kick?

7th August 2011

Community Shield
Wembely Stadium

englishcommunityshieldm.png

A stunning game which was played at electric pace and kept the fans enthralled all afternoon. Man Utd must have though the world was aginst them as in the 2nd minute David De Gea was picking the ball out from his goal after a howler of a mistake. The young Spanish keeper will have done himself no favours with the Red Devil's fans as he flapped at a weak James Milner shot palming the ball straight into the path of the incisive Sergio Aguero who cooly netted. The Man City fans errupted into celebrations and chanted "There's only one team in Manchester". It was however to soon for the City fans to start mocking the Man Utd fans as Nani equalised in the 23rd minute losing his marker and scoring a powerful shot past the oncoming Joe Hart.

At half time both managers would have been urging their team to take more control of the game as it had become a midfield slugfest in the latter stages of the first half. Ashley Young must have listened to his managers advice at half time as in the 48th minute he put his side in front after linking up well with Tom Cleverly who played in a through ball for the former Aston Villa man to smash in goal number three and United's second. With United playing some good football the match was marred by an injury to Javier Hernandez who looked to have rolled his ankle in a collision with Joleon Lescott.

chicharitoc.png

With Hernandez making way for Danny Welbeck it was the young Englishman who punished Man City further. Running on from a Rooney through ball the youngster turned away from Yaya Toure, took a few steps and fired a cracking shot into the bottom corner of the net. The Manchester United fans suddenly burst into a frenzy and started to chant "There's only one team in Manchester" replying to the earlier chant City had sung earlier.

In the dying embers of the game Man Utd stepped back and took a more defensive approach to the game. A slip from Nemanja Vidic however allowed Aguero to score his second of the game and leave the Red Devils twitching in the games final moments. City however despite their dominance in the last few minutes were never able to capitalise and finished the game second best to their rivals. They once again will have to try and out do Man Utd later on in the season.

View attachment 209606
Man Of the Match - Nani

Man Utd Prevail In Cup Triumph

It was a Cup game that lived up to it's huge expectation and filled the bill exactly as it should have done. Roy Keane looked ecstatic as he followed his team up to collect the trophy. As the fans roared when Vidic raised the trophy up in the air Wembley shook with delight. The red confetti filled the stadium it really reminded everyone of just how good the win was for the Red Devils.

Roy Keane will now be looking to take from this performance and ensure that the momentum is carried foward into the league. It will need to be, as Man Utd start proceedings off with a trip to the Emirates Stadium to face Arsenal.

As the day drew to a close it was Man Of The Match Nani who was left holding the trophy and as the last player walking back down the tunnel. Man City will want revenge from this so expect a feisty encounter when these two teams meet next.

nanid.png

your writing and picture putting skills has to be appreciated. !!!

I am following your story and I check it every day, so please keep us entertained mate. Well done!!!

August 2011

Premier League Begins

View attachment 209689

With Manchester United brimming with confidence after their emphatic victory over their closest rivals Manchester City in the Community Shield. Roy Keane will now have to focus on the league and ensure his team's good form carries on into the domestic campaign. With tough games this month away at Arsenal, at home to Newcastle and away at Manchester City whom they have just recently played, Keane will be hoping his squad can keep up their great performances.

602m.png
View attachment 209688View attachment 209687

14th August 2011

Premier League - Matchday 1
Emirates Stadium

englishpremierdivisionm.png

Man Utd have once again created a spectacle, this time at Arsene Wenger's Arsenal's expense. With Javier Hernandez returning sooner than expected from his ankle injury he took the game by storm and linked up incredibly well with both Rooney and Welbeck. The young Mexican also set up the first goal as he squeezed past Squilaci and laid on the ball for Danny Welbeck to score. The youngster is enjoying a rich vein of form at the moment and has really impressed the Red Devil's fans.

With United leading by a one goal margin, it soon became two. Nani crossed from deep and when Arsenal failed to clear it was Hernandez who struck to take the game to 2-0. Substitute Antonio Valencia's late corner was also met by Hernandez who once again punished Arsenal's shoddy defending. With the final score standing at 3-0 to Man Utd, the other teams in the league will definately be looking at the Red Devils as the team to beat.

View attachment 209690
Man Of the Match - Javier Hernandez

20th August 2011

Premier League - Matchday 2
Old Trafford

The Little Pea has done it again, Javier Hernandez has once again proved why he was such a shrewd signing last season. He has a habit of always being in the right place at the right time and he must be a dream to play with for the likes of Nani, Valencia and Giggs who whenever they cross seem to find the Mexican. The game started off evenly match but when Nani's shot was deflected off Coloccini and then balooned in past Tim Krul it really started to open up for Man Utd. Coloccini was sent off just before half time for a professional foul on Giggs who was clean through.

After half time Giggs again got himself free from the last defender but unselfishly squared it to Hernandez who couldn't miss. As Roy Keane's side started dominating it was only a matter of time before another goal would come for the hosts and in the 78th minute it came as Nani drilled in a low cross which once again Hernandez turned in to make the final score 3-0.

View attachment 209690
Man Of the Match - Javier Hernandez

20th August 2011

Premier League - Matchday 3
The Etihad Stadium

Manchester City suffered defeat at the hands of Man Utd yet again in this match. Although this time it was a tightly contested affair. Mario Ballotelli had the ball in the net but it was judged to have been offside. Robero Mancini looked nervous on the sidelines and was urging his team to push up as often as he could.

It was however his teams undoing as on a rare Man Utd break Patrice Evra hit a long ball down the field which was received by Nani who took it past Kolarov and crossed it in for Rooney to volley in from 5 yards out.

The match was more of a midfield battle and with United deploying Phil Jones in the middle he was strong enough to stop the likes of Yaya Toure and Nigel De Jong getting into the game so much.

View attachment 209726
Man Of the Match - Phil Jones

Player Awards

Manchester United claimed a clean sweep in this months player awards as two of their players claimed both the Player Of The Month and the Young Player Of The Month Award.

Player Of The Month
Javier Hernandez
View attachment 209690
roykeanenewsinbox.png

Young Player Of The Month

Danny Welbeck
209207d1323466798t-red-devil-returns-28010491.png

roykeanenewsinbox2.png

Manchester United were also honoured as Roy Keane picked up the prestigious Manager Of The Month award aswell.

Manager Of The Month
Roy Keane
209595-red-devil-returns-keano.png

roykeanenewsinbox3.png

Champions League Draw
1301394u.png

Man Utd were handed a moderately tough group in the Champions League. Obviously AC Milan would be their toughest opponent but neither Olympiakos or BATE should prove to much competition.

europeanchampionscupoveg.png

CarlingCup Draw
carlingb.png

Manchester United avoided facing a major opponent in the Carling Cup 3rd Round and will instead play away at Birmingham.

englishleaguecupovervie.png

Last edited:

Transfer Summary

Manchester United Sign One Last Player

Wilfried Zaha - £6,500,000

Zaha_2485026.jpg

Roy Keane has added one last piece to the puzzle as he just signed Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace. The youngster has been touted as having a huge future. He is strong and commands himself well. With pace also in his artillery Zaha is a very hard player to stop when he gets himself going. With inexperience going against him though, Roy Keane may be willing to let him go out on loan but he'll more than probably be used sparingly under the guidance of Keane and his backroom staff.

Transfers In

manutdtransfershistory.png

Transfers Out

manutdtransfershistory2.png

Last edited:
I've been following this story and I love it already. Brilliant layout and I hope you enjoy continued good form!

Great stuff :) cant wait for the next update keep up the good work :)