The Return of Aitor Herrera - The Boss of Bilbao

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 157K
images

NOVEMBER

What a month this was!! We just couldnt stop scoring as we scored 24 in 7. We end the month top of the table, 1pt clear of Barcelona and an astonishing 11pts clear of Real Madrid.

What was more pleasing about the amount of goals is that finally we are scoring the goals that our posession deserves. For so long we were having 60-70% of posession in every game and we would only score 1 or 2 but that changed this month.

There have been a few managers that have lost their jobs this month including vacancies arising at Sevilla and Deportivo.

----------------------------------------

Deportivo La Coruna 3-5 Athletic Bilbao
San Jose (pen), Susaeta, De Marcos, Griezmann, Ibai Gomez

What a game this was!!! San Jose also missed a penalty!

---------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group B

Dinamo 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Ibai Gomez, Bernal

Disappointed not to win this game but we still top the group and thats the main thing!

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Granada
Susaeta 2, Muniain, Griezmann

Granada are an awkward side - usually top 6 in this save - so this was a good result.

Real Sociedad 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Ibai Gomez

We win the derby!!! We were a goal down at half time but Muniain scored early in the 2nd half and Ibai Gomez scored shortly after coming on.

------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 4-2 Almeria
Griezmann, Muniain, Iturraspe, Bernal

We fell behind early on but had it won by half-time. We are scoring quite a few goals now I see.

-------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Benfica
Griezmann, Susaeta

Thats us qualified although top spot is not secured yet. De Marcos and Ibai Gomez both came off the bench and had goals disallowed!

---------------------------------------------------

Rayo Vallecano 1-5 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Griezmann 2, Benat, Susaeta

Another great victory!!! Griezmann, Muniain, Susaeta and Ibai Gomez (when he comes on) have been unplayable of late.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANTOINE GRIEZMANN

images

View attachment 282928

-------------------------------------------------------
images

SPAIN

Friendly

Switzerland 1-3 Spain
San Jose, Muniain 2

I gave debuts to Ruben Rochina and Rodrigo here.

images

DECEMBER

This month was all about the cups as out of the 6 fixtures we had 5 were cup games! In the end we finished top of the group in the Champions League and will play Zenit St.Petersburg in the next round. In the FIFA Club World Cup we emerged victorious although Guangzhou gave us a scare in the semis. The trophy win actually ranks me in the hall of fame for Spanish managers apparently - in 8th place - but hopefully in time the name Aitor Herrera will be top of the pile!

Once again we drew Barca in the Copa del Rey (3rd year running) and we got raped - enough said!

Finally Sevilla appointed Slaven Bilic as their new manager and Valencia appointed Dan Petrescu after they sacked Martin Jol.

---------------------------------------

Bayer Leverkusen 1-4 Athletic Bilbao
Susaeta, Bernal, Bueno, San Jose (pen)

We only needed a draw here to top the group so to win 4-1 was a great achievement! We dominated throughout although our last 3 goals came in the final 10min. I played a semi strong side in this match.

----------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao (3) 5-0 Tudelano (1)
Viana 2, Balenziaga, Ibai Gomez, Bernal
(Agg: 8-1)

5up at half-time, we then had Artola sent-off and plodded through the 2nd half.

--------------------------------------------------

Real Betis 1-0 Athletic Bilbao

We didnt deserve to lose but gave away a penalty which they converted and then we had Muniain sent-off.

----------------------------------------------------

FIFA Club World Cup SF

Guangzhou Hengda 2-3 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos, Amorebieta, Ibai Gomez
AET

We had 34 shots they had 6 yet it took an injury time winner in extra-time to get through!

-----------------------------------------------------

FIFA Club World Cup Final

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Velez Sarsfield
San Jose, Muniain, Herrera

Trophy number 5 is won! We took a very early lead and were 3up at half-time so the 2nd half was a formality really.

-------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey 5th Round 1st Leg

Athletic Bilbao 2-3 Barcelona
Muniain 2

AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! We had 31 shots - they had 6. We had 67% posession to their 33% yet we still lost. God I hate this game at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN

images

View attachment 282953

I have stats like the barca game sometimes and think WTF are you or real? It's not possile

images

JANUARY

8 games this month and it resulted in 8 wins with the highlight being the victory in the Nou Camp over Barcelona. We progressed through to the cup final and what a final it should be..............

Otherwise it was pretty straightforward! Transfer wise we sold Amorebieta for £2m to Zaragoza but we didnt bring anyone in. Regen (and former loanee) Reverte of Espanyol is valued at £300,000 and they rejected £20m!!!!! Fecking rediculous. I told him to request a transfer for the sake of his international career and the asking price was £32m!!!!!!!!!!!

Copa del Rey 5th Round 2nd Leg

Barcelona (3) 1-3 Athletic Bilbao (2)
Pique (og), Muniain 2
(Agg: 4-5)

Revenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should have won the first leg so justice was done. Real Madrid got knocked out too......

Copa del Rey QF 1st Leg

Levante 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Griezmann, Benat

----------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Getafe
Griezmann, San Jose (pen), Ibai Gomez, Inigo Martinez

A very good win this as we scored 3 quick goals to take command of the match.

--------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey QF 2nd Leg

Athletic Bilbao (2) 2-0 Levante (0)
Bueno, Ibai Gomez
(Agg: 4-0 )

---------------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Atletico Madrid
Illarramendi, San Jose (pen)

We dominated but we made it difficult for ourselves. We had a goal disallowed, they had a man sent-off and we won it finally with a late penalty.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey SF 1st Leg

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Sevilla
Muniain, Ruiz de Galarreta

First leg advantage goes to us although we should have won by a lot more.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Celta Vigo 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Susaeta, Muniain 2

--------------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey SF 2nd Leg
Sevilla (1) 0-2 Athletic Bilbao (2)
Muniain, Illarramendi
(Agg: 1-4)

Through to the final we go and we will play..................... REAL SOCIEDAD!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ASIER ILLARRAMENDI

images

back from a bad injury and played very well

View attachment 283058

Transfer market wise it was very quiet - the biggest deal was Barcelona signing Per Mertesacker for £9m

images

FEBRUARY

We are on the charge now! Although we did drop points against Valencia and lost in Europe to Zenit we did manage to beat Barca and Real to really get us into the title shake-up. We are playing some great stuff and have a really settled squad at the moment although Iturraspe wants to leave at the end of the season.

---------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Malaga
Benat, De Marcos, Griezmann 2

Malaga could easily end up being relegated so the win isnt as good as it may look!

-----------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Barcelona
Muniain, San Jose 2(2pens)

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! The title challenge is well and truly on now as we tore apart Barca again. Neymar scored for them in stoppage time as we controlled the match throughout.

-----------------------------------------------

Real Zaragoza 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Prieto

I forgot to do a team talk in this game and we were helped because Postiga got sent-off for them early on. They still managed to equalise but we netted a late winner.

Sporting Gijon 0-4 Athletic Bilbao
Benat, Muniain, Ruiz de Galarreta, Inigo Martinez

All four goals came in the first half as we blew Sporting away - we are playing really well at the moment!

--------------------------------------------------

Valencia 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos, Susaeta

We were 2 nil down in this game so to battle back to get a point was a great achievement. I wasnt expecting to win every game until the season ended but the way we were playing it was looking likely lol

------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Zenit St.Petersburg 3-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Griezmann

Defeat?????? Dear me - this is not on lol. To be fair it is an acceptable result as we got 2 away goals and it couldve been worse as they had one disallowed.

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Real Madrid
Muniain, Griezmann

Back to winning ways we go and what a result it be! We took the lead against the run of play but got pegged back and then Ruffier saved Xabi Alonso's penalty. Up popped Griezmann 6min from time to get the winner.

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Levante
Griezmann, Herrera, Inigo Martinez

Our final game in hand and it was victorious for us. This leaves us just 1pt behind Barcelona - its going to be interesting.......................

----------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANTOINE GRIEZMANN

images

View attachment 283088

I am off to Liverpool for a stag weekend tomorrow so although I will have my laptop with me (long train journey ahead) I may not be able to post updates!!!!

Might post one if I get March done tonight,

Can you post a screenie of Griezmann please mate?

I am off to Liverpool for a stag weekend tomorrow so although I will have my laptop with me (long train journey ahead) I may not be able to post updates!!!!

Might post one if I get March done tonight,

Its getting nicked!

What the ****** **** is going on with Granada?!?!

Not to take away the spotlight from Bilbao (You are doing amazing btw) but thats a solid effort by them this far into the season!

Are you using that attacking 4-2-3-1 in every match? Even against Madrid at the Bernabeu..?
Thinking of starting as Bilbao, but I played an attacking formation with them in FM12 and won all my home games, but was getting destroyed away..

No for some reason on my game when a regen gets to eighteen it removes the picture and just leaves that.

What the ****** **** is going on with Granada?!?!

Not to take away the spotlight from Bilbao (You are doing amazing btw) but thats a solid effort by them this far into the season!

Im in the 2016/2017 season with Real Madrid and they are sitting in second with about 11 point gap to barca in third!

Back