Sky_Sports-1.png

Hello my manes Peter Beagrie and welcome to tonight's coverage of Derby County and rivals Leicester City. I am joined by ex-Derby boss Billy Davies and special guest injured Leicester striker Martyn Waghorn. The Walkers stadium looks bouncing and all the players look up for this, Martin O'Neill takes his team into this game on the back of 5 straight wins and John Metgod takes Derby into the game on the back of a good win against Norwich City and having not been beaten in 3 games so the game could go both ways.

peter-beagrie-10216.jpg

Time to look at the teams, first let's look at the Leicester team;

Smithies
Naughton----Hobbs----Vitor----Van Aanholt
King (c)----Cairney
Gallagher---------------------------------Dyer
Wickham----Chamberlain

So Martyn you're team start with a 4-2-2-2 formation with Connor Wickham and Jack Hobbs returning from injuries. What do you makes of your manager's team selection?

"Well Peter I'm excited to see how young Connor Wickham and Alex Chamberlain link up togherther as they are probably 2 of the brightest stars of English football, I wouldn't be suprised if Connor only lasted 60 or 70 minutes after having 3 months out. Obviously Lloydy's pace will terrorise the Derby defence and the 'Scottish David Beckaham' Paul Gallagher will be dangerous with his deliveries. I and every other Leicester fan is glad to see Jack Hobbs back with Miguel Vitor, we seem to be a lot more assured with that partnership."

Cheers for that Martyn, now time to look to the Derby XI that John Metgod has fielded;

Gaudu
Brayfood----Barker----Anderson----Ahou
Van der Leegte----Green
Cywka----Thornton----Beauvue
Bueno

So Derby have gone for an attacking 4-2-3-1 formation in the derby against Leicester, they've gone with Alberto Bueno up front with Thomas Cywka in a Right wing position. What do you think of the team selection Billy?

"Well I think that Derby are going to go out and get a goal and then they can possibly sit back and try and defend the lead. Alberto Bueno is a very good attacking option and can cause the Foxes defence a big problem. With Blackpool target Paul Green in the middle that is possibly the strongest area of the Derby team, the squad to look very slow and Alex Chamberlain's pace may unlock the defence."

Thank you for that Billy, time to head for the game we'll see you at half-time.

Half Time;
Leicester City 1-0 Derby County
King (3)

Well not what the first 5 minutes promised the game to be but the Leicester fans are happy enough to go 1-0 up to Derby, a polite round of applause can be heard. Andy King's 2nd goal of the season put the foxes in front with a quite outstanding half volley on the turn from 18 yards out which gave Leicester a lead after just 3 minutes. The game the petered out and only a few chances cam for the rest of the half, the closest of which went to Paul Gallagher who's shot whistled past the post. Martyn what did you make of the first half?

"Well Peter, it was a fantastic start from the team and Kingy who's goal was nothing short of sensational. However after Andy's goal it was pretty poor half which we probably just shaved but Derby do look a difficult team to break down and I think another moment of magic from us. We need to be wary of the counter attack because Bueno I think it was went extemely close for Derby and they seem to break at speed so we may need to keep an extra man back to stop the counter. I'm sure Martin will have an idea of what to do to win the game as we all know how much it means to fans and we don't want to let them down."

Billy, your Nottingham Forest team face Leicester next which has also been picked up as tele game but so far what do you think of your next opponent?

"I think they have looked a potent attacking force and we may have to exploit the counter-attack which Martyn quite rightly has said they look very vunerable when broken against. All together the team does look a fantastic unit and I'd be very suprised if they don't get promoted this season and I think they are our biggest challengers for the title. Andy King who is probably the best prospect in the championship will have to be stopped if Derby want to get back into the game."

It's time to return to commentators Jamie Redknapp and Sam Allardyce in the commentry box, we'll see you back in the studion in around 45 minutes.

Full Time
Leicester City 1-0 Derby County
King (3)

Leicester-Citys-Andy-King-005.jpg

All in all a poor game but that win gives Leicester there 7th win in a row and puts them right in the chase for the title. Andy King's 2nd goal of the season in the 3rd minute gave Leicester the lead and they held it for aalmost 90 minutes with a fantastic back to the wall performance to give them 3 points. John Metgod's words at half-time seemed to inspire the Derby team but O'Neill's men satyed strong and didn't concede. Martyn what did you think of Leicester's performance today?

"It was average and I think Martin will have a word in the ears of quite for player because it is up there with some of the worst this season, Miguel, Jack and Andy were the only ones to really perform on the day and it was lucky that they did otherwise we would of lost. Derby didn't look good at all but our performance was so poor they could of possibly nicked all 3 points if they's gone looking for the win which I'm disappointed they didn't as that may of made the game a lot more exciting. We need to improve to beat Billy's Nottingham Forest team as they look a fantastic outfit."

Thank you so much Billy and Martyn it was a pleasure having you here I thoroughly enjoyed having your company and hopefully next week's encounter between Forest and Leicester. I hope you enjoyed our coverage of today's game and I'll see you next week when Leicester City take on Billy Davies Nottingham Forest.

Nice update buddy, :) good old kingy working hard and scoring goals

take a look at mine as well buddy, done some more updates since you last came on! :)

Nice update mate, just read the whole lot....some really good detail put into this

Sky_Sports-1.png

Good evening and my name’s Jeff Stelling and welcome once again to the Walkers Stadium as Leicester City host another one of there close rivals, Nottingham Forest on a fine Tuesday evening after beating Derby county here 1-0 on Saturday with Andy King grabbing a winner for Leicester. Nottingham Forest come into the game off a 1-1 draw with promotion rivals Burnley with Forest’s goal coming from Radoslaw Majevski getting their goal after Martin Paterson put Burnley 1-0 up after 7 minutes. Both teams will be looking to et the 3 points here as Leicester and Forest look for the title.

0,,10326%7E5040800,00.jpg

I am joined in the studio today by pundit Jamie Redknapp, ex-Leicester and current Blackpool manager Ian Holloway and Nottingham Forest’s injured top goal scorer Robbie Findley who they signed in the summer and has scored 11 goal for his new club. Evening to you both. The game looks to be a tight affair with both teams having recently put a good run of form together with Leicester winning there last 6 games and Billy Davies’s Nottingham Forest team not losing in 11 games winning 9 of the 11 only drawing against Burnley and Crystal Palace. However in derby games form goes out the window and it’ll all be about who deals with the pressure better. Ian what do you think of today?

“Well Jeff I for one can’t wait I know how it feels in big derby days here at the Walkers and the atmosphere is electric everyone will be buzzing I know that I am I can’t wait to see the game, it should be a great spectacle with both teams at the top of there game and both teams playing very nice football. This should be a fantastic game.”

Thank you for that Ian and I know I’m excited as well as Ian and Robbie. Now time to look at the team news and no real shocks for the Leicester team as they only make 1 change to the team that won on Saturday against Derby with injury-stricken Connor Wickham missing out with Vassell partnering Alex Chamberlain up front who has not scored in 1035 for Leicester. The line up in full is;

73370533.png

So what do you think of the line-up Jamie?

“I think that the formation has an extremely attacking looking with the Lloyd Dyer and Paul Gallagher out wide supporting Alex Chamberlain and Darius Vassell who has replaced Connor Wickham who has been unlucky with injuries since arriving here. With inspirational captain Andy King and Scotland Under-21 player Tom Cairney the team has the brightest Central midfield partnership in the league. The defence which has been solid in the last few weeks stays the same with future England ‘keeper Alex Smithies starting in front of Ricardo as he has done for the season.”
Thanks Jamie, Ian you were rumoured to be after Alex Smithies before he moved to the Walkers Stadium do you think he will be a future England International?

“Yes I do Jeff as long as he doesn’t move away from Leicester where he’ll get the best tutoring from Martin O’Neill and the rest of the coaching staff and with Ricardo as a role model for him to look up to I think that Alex will be an England international sooner rather than later.”

Well after looking at the Leicester team it’s time to move onto the form team in the championship Nottingham Forest. With Robbie Findley and Nathan Tyson out Robert Earnshaw and Dexter Balckstock start up top for Forest. No real surprises in the team that Billy Davies has named, here’s the team in full and Robbie what do you think of the team your gaffer has fielded today?

41258367.png

“I’m glad to see Billy sticking to 4-4-2 despite this game being the biggest of the season, Dexter and Robert are both fantastic players and will play very well together as they have in previous season. Chris Cohen and Radoslaw Majevski in the middle the battle between them and the Leicester midfielders will be very interesting and I hope that our boys can stay strong and win the battle. I think that Guy Moussi and Paul Mckenna will have to deal with the wingers and help out with Julian and Kevin at the back. Of course with Lee Camp in goal we have a great leader and ‘keeper.”

Thanks Robbie, now it’s time to go to the commentators Martin Tyler and Sam Allardyce. We’ll see you at half-time.

Leicester City 1-0 Nottingham Forest
Hobbs (29)

Well what a fantastic half from the team in blue with Leicester keeping Nottingham Forest pinned into their own half despite Forest almost scoring after just 10 seconds. Nottingham Forest seemed to be on top but Leicester then got themselves back into the game by clawing themselves back into the game with Alex Chamberlain coming close once and Andy King playing some teasing balls. Jack Hobbs’s header then gave Leicester the lead heading in from Gallagher’s corner. After that Leicester were the comfortable team holding out until the half-time whistle. Jamie how was that?

“Well Jeff that was simply brilliant from the Foxes and I can’t wait until the second half despite Forest getting the best start Leicester seemed to be spurred on and as you said clawed themselves back into the game somehow. They were simply brilliant after the first 5 minutes and it was beautiful to watch the intricate passes and the skill on the wings just makes me want to watch it all day and night. The also look dangerous from corners as we saw when Jack scored to put them 1-0 up. Despite Leicester looking like they are cruising Forest do look dangerous on the counter and I think that Leicester will need another to kill off the game.”

Well we need to get back to Mr. Tyler and Mr. Allardyce for the commentary of what will hopefully be an exciting 2nd half.

Full Time;
Leicester City 2-1 Nottingham Forest
Hobbs (29); Moloney (79)
Vassell (72)

That has to be on the best games I have ever seen, both of the teams were all out attacking and it gave such a great game. With 2 fantastic 2nd half goals the first coming from a 20-yard rocket by Darius Vassell which gave Lee Camp no chance and then a fantastically placed finish by Forest substitute Brendan Moloney which left Alex Smithies rooted to the spot however a comeback didn’t seem on the cards from forest with Leicester coming the closest after Moloney’s goal. So Ian what did you make of that?

“Breathtaking. Leicester were such a good time I think that Barcelona would be scared of them they were that good, O’Neill is once again doing a fantastic job here and I have all the respect in the world for him, he’s one of the best manager’s in the world.”

Cheers for that Ian it’s time to end the programme and wish everyone a very good night. It’s been a pleasure having Ian and Robbie on the show and well Jamie I’ll see you next week.

lovely, another update, cool...KIU

Shameless Plug: Im plugging my Palermo story, view it now in the story section

BBC.png

Last-gasp Leiceser beat Scunthorpe

1895143-vlarge.jpg

Lloyd Dyer celebrates his last-gasp winner.

Scunthorpe made 2 changes the team that lost 3-2 to Norwich mid-week. Up top Joe Garner came in for the dropped Scot Lee Miller. On the wing Bobby grant was replaced by 25 year-old Comoros international Salim Moizini. Ex-fox Robbie Neilson play for the Iron against the team that sold him in the summer for £250,000. Michael Nelson captains Scunthorpe.

Scunthorpe;

Murphy
Neilson----Mirifin----Nolan----Nelson (c)
Togwell
O'Connor----Collins
Moizini----------------------Thompson
Garner

Martin O'Neill names an unchanged team to face Scunthorpe at Glanford Park after a mid-week 2-1 victory against Nottingham Forest. Alex Chamberlain starts hoping to score his first goal in 15 foxes appearences after his big money move to the Walkers Stadium in the summer. Darius Vassell starts only his 9th match after joining on a free in the summer. Andy King captains Leiceater.

Leicester City;

Smithies
Cairney----King (c)
Gallgher---------------------------------------Dyer
Chamberlain----Vassell

Scunthorpe United 0-1 Leicester City
Dyer (90)

A lacklustre Leicester City side somehow scraped a win against Scunthorpe United thanks to a 90th minute winner from Englishman Lloyd Dyer. Leicetser went close withing the first 10 minutes but Tom Cairney's long range efforts both went harmlessly wide without troubling Joe Murphy. Alex Chamberlain then went close to breaking his duck at Leicester when his neat turn and shot was smartly tipped round the post by Murphy, who looked unbeatable. Darius Vassell then wasted the best opportunity for Leicester when he fluffed his lines when one-on-one against Joe Murphy and his shot was high, wide and not very handsome. Despite creating lots of chances Leicester never threatened after having Scunthorpe in there own half all game.

Coming out for the 2nd half the fans were expecting more of the same from O'Neill's men but the Leicester players looked leggy and Scunthorpe took full advantage of this and went on the attack from the off. The Iron however depite having Leicester pinned back in there own half didn't have the cutting edge and passed it around neatly on a poor surface but never threatened Alex Smithies goal. The best Scunthorpe chance came when a Garry Thompson free-kick whistled past the Leicester goal with Smithies rooted to the spot. With time running out it looked like the game was going to end 0-0 but a searching run down the right from Paul Gallagher ended in a teasing ball across the face of goal which Lloyd Dyer planted into the back of the net to send the Leicester fans into delirium. The win took Leicester 2nd moving above Swansea. Match-winner Dyer spoke to BBC Radio Leicester after the game;

"Wow, the battling from the lads was fnatastic and to get a much needed winner right at the end felt fantastic. To be honest I mishit it but see it hit the back of the net was fantastic, the scenes in our end were amazing, it really makes you proud to play for a club with such fantastic support. We can now go on and make top spot our own."

Last edited:
BBC.png

FA Cup 3rd round draw made

fa%20cup_e.on_keyline%201.jpg

The FA Cup 3rd round draw was made today, Monday 29th Novemeber at FA headquartes Wembley by Kasabian member and Leicester fan Sergre Pizzaro along with Manchester City fan and ex-oasis member Noel Gallagher. The stand-ot tie of the round was League 2 Stevengae gaining a home draw against Premier League high-flyers Birmingham City. Ipswich Town also drew big-spenders Manchester City at home.

Other big ties of the round were Fleetwood vs Wrexham which ensure there will be a non-league team in the 4th round of the FA Cup. Other non-league teams Gateshead, Crawley and Luton got Watford, Hull and Bournemouth respectively. Manchester United drew Millwall away with Chelsea gaining a home tie against Aston Villa. Championship high-flyers Leicester City drew out an away tie against Blackburn Rovers.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

attachment.php

O'Neill wins manager of the month
4929118808_4965a96573.jpg

Leicester City mananger Martin O'Neill claimed Novermber manager of the month winning the accolade for the first time since his return to the club in the Summer. O'Neill's Leicester team won 6 of 6 games including games against close rivals Derby County and Nottingham forest. O'Neill was awarded the award at Leicester City's Belvoir Drive. On being awarded the accoldae the Ulsterman said;

"I'm delighted to of been awarded Manager of the Month because I feel it has been one of the best month's of my life mamangerial wise. Winning 6 very tough games and making the fans over the moon with the wins against Forest and Derby makes it even sweeter. I have to thanks all the players for putting in a tremendous effort all month ad hopefully the Manager of the Month curse won't hit us and we can keep on winning"

Aiming to get this back tomorrow, been away so haven't been able to do any. If it still doesn't get enough interest I may close it down.

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:57 AM ----------

attachment.php

Foxes play out 0-0 against Blades

Micky+Adams+Sheffield+United+v+Leicester+City+GN46DoU2Zwsl.jpg

Micky Adams watches on with Derek Fazackerley in the background

Leicester manager Martin O’Neill makes just 1 change to the side that beat title and local rivals Nottingham Forest 2-1 in mid-week. Suspended Paul Gallagher is replaced by experienced striker Steve Howard with Alex Chamberlain moving onto the right as Leicester struggle with injuries and suspension. Jeffery Schlupp makes the bench hoping for his first league appearance. Welshman Andy King captains the side.

Leicester;

Smithies
Cairney----King (c)
Chamberlain---------------------------------------Dyer
Howard----Vassell

Micky Adams returns to his former club Leicester City with his boyhood club Sheffield United. Adams makes 3 changes to his Blades side that lost 2-1 to Blackburn in the League Cup quarter final. Adams reverts to 4-4-2 with Marcus Bent being dropped for Daniel Bogdanovic. Johannes Ertl gets replaced by Stephen Quinn and Jamie Ward plays on the right in for former fox Mark Yeates. Nicj Montgomery captains Sheffield United.

Sheffield United;

Simonsen
Calve----Nosworthy----Morgan----Jordan
Ward----Montgomery ©----Doyle----Quinn
Bogdanovic----Mista

Leicester City 0-0 Sheffield United

Micky Adams return to Walkers Stadium ended in a drab 0-0 draw with Leicester City just edging Adams’s Blades side. The best chance of a drab first half fell to veteran striker Steve Howard heading wide from Tom Cairney’s cross when it looked harder to miss than score. Sheffield United’s best chance came from a 25-yard Daniel Bogdanovic effort but Alex Smithies easily tipped the ball over the bar and to safety. Both teams went into half time evenly matched but it was a half to forget for the fans who had braved the cold temperatures.

Leicester City came out of the half-time break with manager Martin O’Neill having had strong words with his side. The Foxes went on the attack all of the half pinning Sheffield United into their half all half. Andy King was the main man for Leicester creating everything. His delightful ball over the to Darius Vassell looked like it could let the ex-Manchester City man put Leicester 1 up but Steve Simonsen smothered from Darius Vassell. A 90th minute corner from substitute Franck Moussa put a delivery to the back post but Jack Hobbs somehow headed over from 6 yards out seconds before the final whistle. Micky Adams spoke after the game after his Filbert Way return;

“It was such a nice feeling to get back to the Walkers Stadium it’s such a different place to what I remember with the Thai’s and the money I wish everyone at the club the best of luck as it really is a brilliant club and I hope that this season is the season they get back to the big time.”

just read right through again, and it looks like your going really well mate. Keep going:)