Fourth update coming up. Sooner than I expected but oh well.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

I knew it was coming. I am nervous as ****; is one week really enough for these players to get used to the new tactic? I don’t know. But no more excuses now. As I climbed on the team bus, my heart started beating like a drum. This was it. The moment has come. My first game as the manager of Chelsea.​

THE BIG MATCH:
IjguU.png
vs.
UfhQo.png

Whoa, what a long name. Panathinaikos, the winners of the Greek Championship last season, was hosting the first leg of the knockout round. The pundits had predicted us to win easily this fixture by at least two goals. I gulped. I didn’t want to lose my first game; that would be embarrassing and all over the back page.

After I got out of the coach, I went straight to the dressing rooms. The lads’ did the same and starting changing clothes. This is when I started my pre-match team talk.

dXIZC.jpg

“OK lads, Champions League knockout round. I am pretty sure all of you have been in this situation a lot of times in the past few years. I know you lot are capable to get us a solid win, so really I expect a performance from all of you. So when you get out there, after the whistle is blown, show the other team whose boss. I want a win and only a win.”

I was nervous but I didn’t want to show that to the players. After all, they would think I can’t handle the pressure if I do.

After some warming up and last-minute practice, we went to the dug-out… and to the pitch.

I shaked the other manager’s hand, Jesualdo Ferraira. He seemed happy, and told me his team will give it their best shot. I replied with a smile and both of us went back to our seats. After the players went to their positions the referee blew his whistle. The game has begun.

The First Half

TDMkA.jpg

The first half was a mixed ride. Although the team played well we were letting the other team have too many passes. Jose Bosingwa looked ill-disciplined too, getting a yellow card from the referee. However our attack was a different story. Malouda had scored with a powerful, low strike to the right hand bottom corner. Drogba must have scored right after though; after a brilliant through ball by Malouda, Drogba was one-on-one with the keeper. He must have buried it… but the keeper somehow saved the ball. 1-0 at the break.

The Second Half

X40VC.jpg

The second half was much more eventful. More great attacking display – nothing much happened until the 61st minute when Drogba scored in the top corner after a great play by the team! Bosingwa was still doing poor though, so I move Cole to the right and bought Zhirkov on. Drogba nearly scored another, with a 30-yard screamer hitting the bar! Overall the second half performance was much better from the team

FINAL SCORE: CHELSEA 2 - 0 PANATHINAIKOS

Man of the Match:
DnSnn.jpg

Didier Drogba (7.9 rating)
Although not so good first half display, Drogba turned it around and after a much better performance,
scored a goal at the second half which made it a solid victory.​

A great result in my opinion. The lads played well and a win on my first game as a manager will go down well. Plus, Manchester United had lost to Roma 2-0 which made me even more of a happier man. This calls for a party!

------

I normally party till late at night, but I was so tired today I went back to the hotel at midnight. But when I just got back, I received a text. I got my Blackberry out to see what it was about. It was from… Frank Lampard. I wonder why he texted me?

“Err, Sid, we have a problem here. It’s Ashley. His got into some trouble and the police are involved. You might want to go come down here…”

...what the ****?

Last edited:
nice story mate, how long before you can get Torres to be scoring? can't wait for the next update to see what Cole has done now, will it involve a gun and an innocent lad by any chance haha :)

nice story mate, how long before you can get Torres to be scoring? can't wait for the next update to see what Cole has done now, will it involve a gun and an innocent lad by any chance haha :)

Haha, well you got to find out next time don't you ;)

I am truly loving this mate!

Thanks man, thought I wanted to be different then just post results :$

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Next update coming in just a bit... any comments till then?

I really like this story! Brilliant lay out! updates are good and detailed! absolutely stunning buddy! :D Lot'a time!

I really like this story! Brilliant lay out! updates are good and detailed! absolutely stunning buddy! :D Lot'a time!

Hehe, thanks ;) it won't always be detailed except at importent fixtures or scenes

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:48 PM ----------

A day later, in London, England.

“Ashley, Ashley, Ashley… first you divorce probably the hottest woman in the world and now you get in a fight with three people. Why did that fight even happen? Oh, and please no ‘It wasn’t my fault’ or anything like that,”
“But it wasn’t, Sid. They started taking the ****, saying I was **** and everything. I tried to be professional but after they made a joke about me divorcing Cheryl I just had to do something. Plus a bottle was on my hand.”
“Oh no, you didn’t…”
“So I smashed that guy’s head. The other two tried taking me down. That’s when Torres, Terry and Lampard tried to break the fight, really. Then one stupid woman phoned the police.”
“Apparently that guy you ‘smashed’ now has to live in hospital for a few weeks,”
“Serves that son-of-a-***** a right lesson, doesn’t it?”
*sigh* He will never learn, will he? “Well, I can’t go something like this just go past. So I will have to fine you three weeks of wages, and I am pretty sure the FA will probably give you a two match ban. Anyway, you have got a hearing to go to, don’t you?”
“Yeah. You know what? It’s time already; I will leave now then. Goodbye.”

Well, two games without Cole isn’t that bad I guess. The next two games are against Birmingham and Blackpool, and really the team should be winning these games. Anyway, he will be back for the second leg of the Champions League. Hopefully, anyway. His the best fullback I got.

I am pretty sure the press has got a story about it already. I mean, the police were involved, and it’s Ashley. What better scope is there?

vpucC.png

mx9Pl.png

Last update: 24th February 2011

Ashley Cole is fined three weeks of wages after fighting against three Greeks, right after the 2-0 victory against Panathinaikos
The English and Chelsea full-back will also face a two match domestic ban by the FA. The fight seemed to have started after remarks were thrown around by both sides. As the situation heated up, Cole injured 25 year old Adonis Papadakis, who’s suffering a head injury and is currently in hospital. The incident occurred after the 2-0 victory by Chelsea, Florent Malouda and Didier Drogba being the scorers.

The head injury sounds really bad; hopefully Adonis recovers quickly. But for now I need to concentrate on winning my next two Premier League fixtures, and challenge for the Champions League spot.​

26th Feburary 2011 – vs. Birmingham (Home)
FINAL SCORE

article-1316015-0B64A344000005DC-843_634x405.jpg

CHELSEA 3 – 1 BIRMINGHAM
Scorers: F.Malouda (2’) C.Jarome (16’) F.Torres (31’) N.Anelka (63’)

We totally dominated this match. The first goal came straight away from Malouda just before the second minute, with an easy header after a good Lamaprd free-kick. However, Birmingham didn’t give up and Camrone Jerome scored a fantastic 20 yard strike. It was struck with real venom; I have to have my hats off for that. Torres scored on his league debut, which is great. Drogba didn’t really perform as well as his partner though, and I had to substitute him with Anelka, who scored straight away after a great passing game! Overall we could have scored more but I am happy with three points.

4th March 2011 – vs. Blackpool (Away)
FINAL SCORE

Torres1.jpg

BLACKPOOL 0 – 2 CHELSEA
Scorers: Torres (27’, 40’)

Another good victory but again we could have scored a lot more. Torres played great again this game, scoring twice. He really is getting used to the poacher role I gave him. This time Drogba set up both goals; one a through ball and the other a ball in. A solid win and hopefully we can string together some more results like these.

I have to note though, Essien and Dorgba both had to come off injured at the Blackpool game. The physio had sent me two e-mails about the players. First one was of Drogba. It read:
“Sid, Drogba’s injury isn’t as bad as I thought it was. His only got a dead leg and will be back in a few days.”

Great news, since the next game is in eleven days time. Now for Essien.

“We have just found out that Essien has twisted his ankle. If the next fixture is important, we can give Essien a injection that will keep him from suffering the pain, but he will have to be treated for four weeks. Alternatively, you can leave him to us and we will treat him for three weeks.”

Not so good news. Essien is a vital player in my line-up and it’s a shame he will have to miss the next few games. I told the physios that the next game wasn’t that important and that to treat him straightaway.
Hopefully Essien’s injury doesn’t stop us from getting results. We have had a perfect start and I don’t the injury to disrupt that.

Last edited:
I hope Torres has the same luck in real life and scores 2 in Blackpool. Nice lay-out mate, keep going. :)

I hope Torres has the same luck in real life and scores 2 in Blackpool. Nice lay-out mate, keep going. :)

Yeah, hopefully - he still has to score a goal :S
Oh and thanks mate :)
I spent a lot of time and effort doing these updates, so more comments would be nice :(

Last edited:
This is brilliant buddy! lot of time for this and constantly reading the updates! keep it up :) have a nose back through mine wen you got 5 :)

This is brilliant buddy! lot of time for this and constantly reading the updates! keep it up :) have a nose back through mine wen you got 5 :)

Hehe, thanks man, just having a look at your right now ;)

Mate, You've just turned me off the story,

its all very good until the Ashley Cole thing in Greece, its just not in Coles character at all, who do you think he is, Steven Gerrard?

Perhaps you'll be more delicate with these (genius ideas) in future.

I will however keep reading for now.

Last edited:
Mate, You've just turned me off the story,

its all very good until the Ashley Cole thing in Greece, its just not in Coles character at all, who do you think he is, Steven Gerrard?

Perhaps you'll be more delicate with these (genius ideas) in future.

I will however keep reading for now.

LOL, sorry man, just trying stuff out..
And what do mean Steven Gerrard? :S
To tell the truth I only did it because apparently in Wikipedia he has had trouble with the police in the past. So I thought "Why not?" and just stuck it in there

good stuff mate keep up the good work :)

Last edited:
LOL, sorry man, just trying stuff out..
And what do mean Steven Gerrard? :S
To tell the truth I only did it because apparently in Wikipedia he has had trouble with the police in the past. So I thought "Why not?" and just stuck it in there

By Steven Gerrard I'm referring to the punching of the DJ in the club.

Ashley Cole, is a trouble maker for much different things than this. :/