The Revolving Door Challenge

Going to do this with Inter Milan. Bring Tiki-Taka to Italy by scouting youth with good passing, dribbling, etc.

Last edited:
I've made some transfers. I couldn't get rid of all of the oldies, but I got rid of most players over the age of 27. I know I'm in negatives for net transfer spend, but around 50-60 of that 152 is spread over 4 years, and the wage budget is +400k. Compared to only 113k before the trades.
View attachment 251738

i tried this with england, setting a limit of 28 :p
came 4th in 2014 world cup, massive 7 - 0 victory over argentina :p
started with brighton now, buying youth :) after 3 seasons i will be setting my limit :)

Did this with FC Porto. Into my 5th season now, quick summary;

- 4 League Trophies
- 4 Domestic Cup Doubles
- 2 Champions League, 1 Runner-Up
- A host of other trophies like Super Cup etc
- Brought in about 400M in transfer fee's whilst spending a margin of that
- Got the club to 2nd in the world, eradicated all debt, doubled the club value, got the best facilities possible
- Basically had the best youth team possible, my team to start the 5th season only features 1 player from the starting squad - James Rodriguez - with about 5/6 being regens who are U20

Think I'm gonna start a new save, my team is just far too good, finished my latest league season with only 2 points dropped. Was hoping the other teams like Benfica and Sporting would grow stronger too but they don't seem to be. Considering trying it with Arsenal, be a bit harder because the league is far more competitive plus the likes of RVP, Sagna, Arteta more-or-less have to be sold instantly.

Did this with FC Porto. Into my 5th season now, quick summary;

- 4 League Trophies
- 4 Domestic Cup Doubles
- 2 Champions League, 1 Runner-Up
- A host of other trophies like Super Cup etc
- Brought in about 400M in transfer fee's whilst spending a margin of that
- Got the club to 2nd in the world, eradicated all debt, doubled the club value, got the best facilities possible
- Basically had the best youth team possible, my team to start the 5th season only features 1 player from the starting squad - James Rodriguez - with about 5/6 being regens who are U20

Think I'm gonna start a new save, my team is just far too good, finished my latest league season with only 2 points dropped. Was hoping the other teams like Benfica and Sporting would grow stronger too but they don't seem to be. Considering trying it with Arsenal, be a bit harder because the league is far more competitive plus the likes of RVP, Sagna, Arteta more-or-less have to be sold instantly.
Good stuff. I'll be sticking with my Man Utd one until I get a new stadium built. Achieved it in FM10. Never liked FM11

Well this can be done easily, just make or edit a club in the editor, set Maximum Age to anything u want, they will be ineligible once they reach that age :) (i done this i made a team with 21 max age and it's very hard x_x)

Last edited:
Good stuff. I'll be sticking with my Man Utd one until I get a new stadium built. Achieved it in FM10. Never liked FM11

I'm sort of disappointed I never started in a better league. I was hoping that the Portuguese league would grow stronger through the years but I've yet to even see a decent Portuguese regen being brought through and the other teams seem to sell and not buy big. I think I'm unbeaten in something silly like 58 games in the league.

I got my stadium expanded to over 50K but was still only averaging about 48K in attendance so I think a new stadium was a long way off, but I've been getting transfer funds of 50M each season which I've been increasing to about 100M through sales and more-or-less not touching it so I could easily fund one.

I might stick at the save and sell all my "real" players I have and replace them with regens. I have the likes of Sturridge, Muniain and Bertolacci who I all got on free transfers.

Going to do this with newcastle :) setting myself an age limit of 26.

Decided to crack on with my Porto save but reduce the age limit to 25. :)

Boredom set in today so I returned to this mini-challenge in my Man Utd save and have progressed a couple of seasons since my last update.

2026/27 Transfers

View attachment 276077

For once we didnt make a profit in the transfer market. This was partly because no big players had reached the 27 age limit and we also bought a significant amount of young stars for the future.

2027/28 Transfers

View attachment 276076

A MAMMOTH ?100M PROFIT! Several key players reached the age limit during this season and we consequently shipped out. Most notable were Julio Silva for ?30m to Juventus and Michael Sedlacek for ?50m to Arsenal.

View attachment 276074View attachment 276075

As a result our bank balance has risen to a huge ?620m.

View attachment 276078

Despite selling our star players when they turn 27 we've managed to win the league each year and constantly sell out our 100,000 capacity Old Trafford.

HOPEFULLY THE BUILDING OF A NEW STADIUM ISNT TOO FAR AWAY NOW - the ultimate aim of this challenge.