The Rise of Champions - A Tottenham Hotspur Story

SammyJH94

Reaction score
View attachment 273218

Introduction

Hello everyone after moving from club to club to try and find one to settle down with ive decided to go back to the BPL for what will hopefully be my last fm12 save with as you can see, Tottenham Hotspur. I have decided to go Tottenham as i feel they are a very good side that haven't had enough success with the quality of the team they have so ill be hoping to bring much success to the club in what will be a difficult and exciting story for both myself and the readers.

Here is a brief background of the club and my team report..

View attachment 273227View attachment 273228

As you can see with a growing reputation Tottenham have only ever won the top tier twice in there history which has got me very excited as i really hope to add to that in the coming years. The team report at first glance is looking very good with very little improvements needed going into the first season and this will give ma a chance to focus on bringing in young players.

Tactics/Formation

View attachment 273243

This is the formation ill be hoping to use throughout the majority of the season.

My Long Term Plans

Ill be hoping over the next few years make Tottenham a much stronger team than what they are now and much more of a threat in European football, but most of all just see where the next few seasons take me and take it step by step.

Really looking forward to the save and would appreciate any feedback or comments about your thought on a story with Tottenham :)

Nice man lets hope you can get into this one :)

Im doing a story on spurs I think there should be more stories about spurs but wish you luck as I'm a Spurs fan so I will follow.

Im doing a story on spurs I think there should be more stories about spurs but wish you luck as I'm a Spurs fan so I will follow.

Oh thanks man i never even realised there was another Spurs story on here, ill check yours out! thanks for commenting.

View attachment 273361

Pre-Season

Rather shaky Pre-Season results for Spurs

Quiet Transfer period for Tottenham

Assou-Ekotto ruled out for 8 weeks

Results

View attachment 273362

Was hoping for a better Pre-Season given the teams we were up against as i felt we should of won every game but the main thing for me was to give all the players a chance and get match fitness up for the upcoming season, so a few concerns going into the opening game but hopefully it was just some jaded performances after being away for so long and it dosent effect out start to the season.

Transfers

View attachment 273364

Lucas Digne
-
Was actually trying to sign this young left back to start with but failing to agree a fee ive decided to "trial" him on a season long loan to see how he gets on and with Ekotto now injured for 2 months ill be counting on him to step up.

Nicolas Gaitan - Originally went for Willian as i needed another body who was versatile in attacking midfield but once i realised he had joined Real Madrid i decided to sign Nicolas, never had him in a save before so hopefully it turn out a good deal as he was the only attacking midfielder i could get on a "reasonable" fee.
Alessandro Del Piero - As i felt rather streched with only 2 strikers Del Piero was perfect as he will prove a very solid back up upfront and although he is now 36 he will prove a good buy for the one season.

Feeling quietly confident with my squad going into the season although i feel if we get one to many injuries we will be streched in certain areas but i decided not to do much transfers in and out as with all the new players from the transfer update ill be giving everyone a chance to prove themselves this year and then see where they stand at the end of the season and how they got on.

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 273370

Fairly small opening month to the season but our opening game couldn't be a better way to kick the season off, home to our rivals and i will be definitely going for a magical start.

Whatever you do make sure you lose against West Ham :)

Good pre-season I especially like the transfers also what database are you using?

View attachment 273422

August

Opening game against Arsenal proves a thriller

Tottenham draw Arsenal in COC 3rd Round

Europa League Group stage draws Tottenham in group G alongside..

Stoke rob Tottenham of all 3 points at White hart Lane

Results

View attachment 273423

Tottenham 7-1 Arsenal
Adebayor(4), Bale, Gaitan, Huddlestone

View attachment 273424

Dream start to my Tottenham save with a very convincing win over our rivals where our clinical finishing proved vital.

Tottenham 4-0 Zestaponi

Defoe(2), Sigurosson(2)

Fairly easy draw in a game we played very well but Zestaponi should count themselves lucky we didn't win by a bigger margin.

West Ham 0-2 Tottenham
Dempsey, Dawson

Should actually count ourselves lucky we won by 2 goals as West Ham played very well and probably edged it but we managed to take our chances and come away with 3 points.

Zestaponi 0-4 Tottenham
Kaboul, Defoe, Gallas, Del Piero

Another solid results as expected, was nice to see Del Piero come off the bench to get himself a goal too.

Tottenham 2-2 Stoke
Dempsey(2), Walker(s/o)

View attachment 273425

A very frustrating game as you can see as we couldn't seem to kill of the game and Stoke scored there 2 shots on target..

Player of the Month

Gareth Bale

View attachment 273427

Nobody really stood out this month but Bale played his part with 3 assists and got himself a goal too.

August Review

Very pleased with my opening month in charge, played well throughout the month and very pleased with our 7-1 over Arsenal as anyone would be, also very happy with our Group draw in the Europa League draw as you will see below..

Group G Draw

View attachment 273432

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 273433

Though month ahead..

Decided to leave the the league table as we have only played 3 matches, Pleas comment and let me know what you think of the opening month as i really appreciate the comments you make :) thanks guys!

Nice update mate, some great results there! Sham you beat West Ham :( keep up the good work.

I have updated, drop a comment if you could, Thanks lad.

Wow massive win over Arsenal, great way to kick off your tenure as manager!!

Nice update mate, some great results there! Sham you beat West Ham :( keep up the good work.

I have updated, drop a comment if you could, Thanks lad.

Thanks alot mate, haha was a lucky win though! yeah ill give it a look now :)

Lol great result against the Gunners. Especially Adebayor destroying his old club. Definately following

View attachment 273554

September

Assou-Ekotto and Parker both return from injuries

Poor Europa League start

Arsenal get revenge on COC 3rd Round

Mixed month of results

Results

View attachment 273521

Swansea 0-2 Tottenham
Lennon, Del Piero

Actually rather lucky as Swansea were playing much better until they got a man sent off just before half time and we went on to punish them for it so a good 3 points gained.

Gladbach 1-0 Tottenham

Fair play to Gladbacj they came out and brought the game to us, Adebayor just couldn't seem to find the back of the net with the chances created and in the end we paid for it.

Tottenham 2-1 Sunderland
Adebayor, Dempsey

Very good 3 points as we where 1-0 down in this game but we fought back and Adebayor got us a late winner and a game we deserved all 3 points.

Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham
Defoe

Was always going to be a hard game, was fairly tight but we couldn't seem to take our chances when they came, disappointed that our cup run is over so early but it gives me time to now focus on the competitions we are still in.

Man City 0-0 Tottenham

Was a rather bore draw but to be fair the best chances fell to ourselves and im frustrated we didn't come away with 3 points as i felt we were the better team.

Tottenham 3-1 Ast. Tripolis
Vertonghen, Adebayor(2)

Was a comftarble victory although was bit annoying they scored at the very end but we created lots of chances and are unlucky to only come away with 3 goals but glad to get our first points on the table.

Player of the Month

William Gallas

View attachment 273546

The old vetran had his part to play at the back when called upon and had a few very good games.

September Review

Was a mixed month as we had a poor start to our European campaign and knocked out the cup i feel its vital we perform well next month and keep positive as this month was a hard one and its important to move on quickly and press on with next month and get the results needed.

League Table

View attachment 273568
Still a long way to go..

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 273573

View attachment 273716

October

Tottenham continue great form still unbeaten in league

Late winner at Craven Cottage

Wigan spoil perfect month

Bale wins Player of the Month as Walker wins Young Player of the Month

Results

View attachment 273704

Tottenham 4-0 Everton
Defoe(2), Bale, Dempsey

A very good victory against a very strong side, scoreline dosent really reflect which was a very close game but two goals in injury time killed the game, great result none the less.

Tottenham 5-1 West Brom
Bale, Vertonghen, Sigurosson, Livermore, Adebayor

Another great performance at home in a game we dominated throughout creating lots of chances and giving West Brom no real hope of coming away with any points.

Dinamo Buc. 0-3 Tottenham
Defoe, Dempsey, Gallas

Was a slow start to the game with no real in the first half but after a few tweaks we came out a different team in the second half and got a well deserved victory.

Fulham 1-2 Tottenham
Adebayor, Dawson

View attachment 273710

Usually im on the end of unlucky games but this time we snatched all 3 points with a late winner in a game Fulham where the much better side.

Wigan 1-1 Tottenham
Dawson

Very frustrating game as we dominated the full game but just couldn't seem to take our chances which was disappointing as we had been playing so well lately.

Player of the Month

Michael Dawson

View attachment 273713

The captain had a solid month at the back and grabbed himself 2 goals, hope to see more of the same from the big man.

League Table

View attachment 273714

Bit annoyed we could of been 4 points clear, but great start none the less!

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 273715

Rather short month compared to the others but hopefully we can keep the good run going!