xtomrobbo

Reaction score
PROLOGUE

The title of this story and indeed the club i'm managing may seem rather random. However i have exhausted various other challenges and saves with various 'mainstream' clubs e.g promotion from championship , lowest tier to highest , winning champo league etc. So, what i decided to do as an interesting and rather unique challenge is to try and bring both domestic and (hopefully) European glory to a humble Danish club FC Midtjylland . ( Whilst i do not promise to turn Midtjylland into a European powerhouse i do intend to establish them as a force to be reckoned with in danish football , hopefully there will be the odd European giant killing on the way )

HISTORY

In the year 2000 Midtjylland won the danish first division with a record number of points . Defenders Simon Kjaer and Winston Reid are both products of the Midtylland academy . Midtjylland also beat Manchester City 1-0 in the EUFA cup in 2008 and have been twice runners up in the Danish cup final.

150px-FC_Midtjylland.png
150px-FC_Midtjylland.png
150px-FC_Midtjylland.png
150px-FC_Midtjylland.png

Midtjylland unveil new manager !!!
Tom Robinson has been unveiled as new Midtjylland boss , some may see this as a controversial choice by the directors of the Danish club as Robinson has no past managerial experience . However the board have said "We have full faith in Tom's ability as a manager and a coach , Although Tom has never managed a club before we know he has an in-depth knowledge of the game and has taken all the necessary coaching badges , we fully believe Tom is the right man to take this club forward"

Exclusive Press conference with new FCM boss

Kasper Pedersen ( Danish Daily Mail )
: Great to meet you Tom may i ask you a few questions ?

Tom : Fire away

Kasper : You have just been appointed as manager of Midtjylland , a club which doesn't have the greatest history . What made you want to take charge of such a club ?

Tom : Well Kasper if you look at all the Legendary managers ; Brian Clough , Alex Ferguson , Jose Mourinho they have all started by managing fairly average sides which have a small reputation . I feel it is only natural to start off at humble club to prove your managerial credentials .

Kasper : A fair point , what do you wish to achieve at the club ?

Tom : I think taking each game at a time is important , if we can focus on doing that and make sure that we come away from each game having not lost we have done a job

Kasper : Just a final question Tom , Can you win the league ?

Tom : Yes Kasper , from what i have seen we have a very talented squad which has lots of potential . We have a strong nucleus of the squad and with a couple of shrewd signings we will be close to having the finisheed article by the end of the season and hopefully some silverware to show for it

View attachment 258860
Pre-Season Results

was born in denmark.. would love to follow

( first of the half season updates )

FC Midtjylland challenging for title !!!

At the midway point in the season i find myself second by a long way but trailing what seems to be an unassailable lead that Kopenhavn have built up . I have also managed not to draw a single game which depending on how you interpret it shows an attacking mentality or a lack of composure and ability to grind points out of those tight games.

Overall my results have been good , although exiting from the Europa league so early on is a slight disappointment . having said that getting knocked out by a strong Athletic Bilbao side is hardly a failure , and to put two past the side which destroyed Manchester United over two legs last year shows we have potential in Europe and just lack experience .

I believe my success in Denmark is down to my created 'Wing-Back' formation which combines the fluidity and attacking movement of Spain with the solidity of the Italians which was exhibited through most of the Euro's . Whilst i don't claim to be a tactical genius i do try and emulate the philosophy's of Roberto Martinez and Josep Guardiola . My system Incorporates a deep lying play maker who is very much like Andrea Pirlo's role in Italy's side . Every phase of play will 'go through' my play maker who controls the tempo of the attack and pulls the strings in midfield . I also play two wing backs in the , style of wigan , who are given a very attacking mentality and contribute heavily towards attacking phases of play . The two men i play up top are the spearhead of this attack , with the target man - Tim Janssen holding the ball up and playing it to the poacher next to him.

In terms of transfers i brought in Guy Moussi from Notts Forest ( I myself am a Forest fan and though the Danish league is about his level !! ). What is suprising is that Guy is the Xavi/Pirlo of the team ( if you have ever seen him play you will know what i mean... ) I also brought in Ricardo Rocha on a free . The Portuguese centre back has a wealth of experience he can offer to the team .

View attachment 259058View attachment 259059View attachment 259060View attachment 259061View attachment 259061View attachment 259062View attachment 259063View attachment 259064View attachment 259065View attachment 259066View attachment 259067View attachment 259068View attachment 259069View attachment 259070