The rise of Fulham

• Thread starter Thread starter mask0991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 286K
View attachment 274597I think that should be it, as for our title chances. Another game where we dropped points and Chelsea continued their good form. They go 5 points clear with 4 games left and the title chances are well and truly gone.

Anyway, this was a game we should've won. QPR tool the lead in the first half through a penalty when Vilhena clattered van Persie. QPR proved difficult to break down as they were very organized in defense. It took us almost 64 minutes to get the goal, which cancelled out their lead.

We pushed forward but couldn't get the winning goal. In the end, we got just a point.

Here's the League table:
View attachment 274578

Last edited:
Roberts injured!

In the training leading upto our next game, Roberts got injured and will beView attachment 274576 out for a month or so - this means he'll miss both the legs of the champions league semifinal.

This is a huge blow for us as Patrick has been quite fantastic for us this season. Pedro, Williams, and may be Artur may get some chances for the coming games. Roberts has scored 21 goals and assisted 12 goals this season, thus being involved in 33 goals - more than any other Fulham player this season.

Thankfully, there are no other issues at the moment - everyone else is fit.

A decent victory, but we had to fight hard to get the 3 points today. Woodrow's brace helped us win against a very determined Hull, who played very aggressively and 3 of our players took minor knocks. Woodrow scored one in each half, on either side of Dockal's goal for Hull.

Woodrow's first goal was a piledriver from 15 yards, with the keeper having no chance to save the shot. I wasn't too worried when Hull equalized from a corner, as we were well and truly the dominant side and I was confident in the lads' ability to score. Woodrow doubled his tally with a daft header that beat the Hull keeper at his near post.

Liverpool were held by Everton at Goodison, where as Chelsea continued their winning form.
View attachment 274568

Are you planning on focusing on the Champs League final now?

Are you planning on focusing on the Champs League final now?
Most definitely. I've given up on the Premier League and accepted a third spot at this moment.

I'm actually quite confident of the Champions League (probably because Barcelona, Real and Bayern are all out).

ECC 2018/19: Semi Final (1st leg)

Two away goals and an away clean sheet! I simply couldn't have wished for a better game - I simply couldn't have.
View attachment 274558
I set-up a bit defensively in the first half to gauge how City would play. They found it hard to breakdown and took a lot of long shots which hardly troubled Bettinelli in goal.

I switched things up a bit in the second half and tried to control the game. And it pushed City back. Woodrow scored 6 mins after the break with a thumping header off a Kacaniklic cross. I told the players before the game to get the away goal, and they did it.

Manchester City had more shots but very few of them were on target, mostly due to their audacious attempts. The defense played very well and stayed organized and didn't leave much gaps for City to exploit.

With the game heading towards the 90th minute, Kacaniklic scored our second with a lovely left-footed finish after Vilhena played him in. The left winger was absolutely lethal with his movement and passing, and he completely deserved the goal. City complained for offside, but Kacaniklic was barely on.

Man City couldn't get past our defense and we came away with a valuable 2-0 win!
[video=dailymotion;x2oy77y]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2oy77y_fm-15-kacaniklic-goal-vs-man-city-ecc-semifinal_videogames[/video]

Taking on Big Sam!

Sam Allardyce, Watford's manager has been rather talkative in the build-up to this game. He questioned my managerial methods and said that my incredible record against him is down to luck. I returned the favour by calling him over-rated and had a few choice words for him.

In the end, I had the last laugh....I rested a few key players in light of the Champions League second leg in 4 days time. Baselli and Kranevitter started on the bench as I don't want my two key midfielders to run into the ground.

Watford took the lead with a 20 yard curler from Tachtsidis. It looked like it was going to be another of those frustrating afternoons, but Woodrow changed it for us within 10 minutes of the opening goal. Pedro's corner was headed into the net by Woodrow. It was a brilliant header as he had to lean backwards after making the leap.

20 mins into the second half, Pedro gave us the lead with a cool finish after Balanta nodded it onto his path. 2-1. I shored up the midfield and told the players to tighten up. Watford were piling on the pressure towards the end, and I had to bring up Kranevitter to steady things, and it certainly had a calming effect.

Liverpool lost 2-3 to Arsenal at Anfield, allowing us to leapfrog them into second place.

ECC 2018/19: Semi Final (2nd leg)

We are through to the finals - the club's and my first ever Champions League final. City won the game 1-0 at Fulham stadium but our 2-0 win at Etihad was enough to see us over the line.

View attachment 274439I set-up a bit defensively and tried to hit Man City on the counter-attack. It very nearly worked as Woodrow clipped the post in the 18th minute. City put us under a bit of pressure, which was expected but our defense was extremely well organized. Things changed just before half time as Moura took advantage of a Stafylidis' mistake to pull one back for City.

The second half produced more of the same, but we held tight and stood firm to deny Man City. We created a few chances of our own but failed to convert them.

The final whistle was music to my ears. The Fulham Stadium erupted and the players were jubilant. We made it to the final of the Champions League, for the first time, where we face Liverpool.
View attachment 274433

ECC Semi-final round up:

Just a suggestion, can you put the fulham best 11 of the season and overall teams in at the end of every season?

I noticed that I have been conceding a few too many soft goals and changed my tactics a tiny bit before this game - not too much, just the team instructions and a few player instructions.

It worked quite well as Newcastle didn't create a lot of clear chances. George Williams, playing on the right wing due to Roberts' and Pedro's injuries latched onto a lobbed pass by Baselli and scored to give us the lead.

Woodrow (CF) was particularly ineffective as the striker but Jiminez, who came on for him as a poacher was way more effective. He even scored soon after coming on. Something to think about regarding the modified tactic.

Overall, a solid victory.

Chelsea could only manage a draw against West Ham. They are 3 points ahead of us with one game left in the season. While it's mathematically probable for us to win the league, it's not even close to practical. Chelsea's GD is 26 more than ours. Liverpool lost away to Burnley and we can't drop below second in the league.
View attachment 274055

EPL 2018/19: Final day of fixtures

Cardiff vs. Fulham:
We won at Cardiff quite comfortably. Woodrow gave us an early lead with a bullet header. Cardiff tried to equalize but fell short a lot of times. Woodrow doubled his tally after the hour mark with a powerful strike from the edge of the box. Our 2-0 lead was really looking good and Cardiff's chances were waning by the minute.

Williams scored our third in stoppage time and secured a magnificent victory against Cardiff.

League:
Chelsea won against Crystal Palace and won the title. They deserved the title, they really did.

Unlucky there mate but i do like the fact you have kept with some of the young stars in the Championship!

Unlucky there mate but i do like the fact you have kept with some of the young stars in the Championship!
I want about half of my starting XI to consist of players already at the club. In the future, I want to use people coming through the academy. There are already 4-5 hot prospects and I'm really excited about it. :)

Back