Just caught up on this one myself, you reminded me :p

That run is crazily impressive!!!

Think you can keep it up all season?

Just caught up on this one myself, you reminded me :p

That run is crazily impressive!!!

Think you can keep it up all season?

Would be quite tough as we have a bunch of knockout competitions, especially the Europa League.

It might be possible in the League though as we have played most of the top 5 teams away during the first half, and we are yet to drop points at home.

League Table...half-way through the 2021/22 season

View attachment 239616
Undefeated in the league, which is really good. What really pleases me is our home form. We haven't dropped a single point at home. Our away form has been rather decent too but I can't help but think that we dropped 4-5 points by conceding late goals. Although our late goal problem seems to have subsided now as we are keeping hold of narrow leads during the closing moments of games.

View attachment 239612
A neat breakdown of our performances against teams, as they are currently placed and how media predicted them at the beginning of the season. The good thing is we've played 5 of the 9 other teams in the top 10 away. And we've played 3 of the 4 other teams in the top 5 away. Playing the title competitors at home during the crucial second half of the season might work to our advantage.

League Stats - 8th Dec 2021

View attachment 239604Fede Cartabia has been magnificent through out the season. He has been the unsung super-hero for us. Cartabia and Tello have been brilliant on the wings for us, both scoring and setting up goals for the side. Babacar Diakhaby, along with the likes of Umtiti, Gace and Ordets have made sure that we have kept a good number of cleansheets and kept the defense tight. Unlike my time at Fulham, there is no one player who is racking up the goals. Just about every one playing an attacking role is involved in the scoring, which is quite pleasing.

View attachment 239602
Neat/At the top where it matters. Brilliant! Our recent form has been rather good too - barring that one draw against Montpellier HSC, we've won every game in out last 9.

Europa League 2021/22: Group Stage Conclusion

View attachment 239592
A thumping victory to finish the group stages. Rafael Rodriguez got a well-deserved hat-trick. Cartabia and Correa played well and got goals to their name as well. Haifa scored soon after the half-time but it wasn't enough to stop us from demolishing our opposition.

Group Stage
View attachment 239591
We have won all games except the home game against Norwich which ended in a draw. In the end, we easily topped the group and qualified to the first knockout round. Teams like Suttgart, West Ham and Man City could be our potential opponents in the first knockout round.

French Cup 2021/22: Ninth Round Draw

View attachment 239589

RC Riviere-Pilote are a club in a league that's below the Ligue 1 and 2. So, I am expecting a rather easy victory in this game. Unlike my time at England, the domestic cup competitions start rather late in France and it might get a bit hectic over the next month or two.

Solve one problem, another one surfaces

A couple of my scouts were told to gather some stats of our games until now. They came back to me with a bunch of numbers, graphs and all that. Our discussion went on for almost 2 hours. We talked about who are the players with most key passes, key tackles and then lot more data about defending and attacking.

All of them seemed pretty good and the players seem to be doing well so far. However, there was one area of concern - conceding goals. During the first 10 games of the season, we were conceding A LOT in the last 10 minutes. We dropped a few crucial points due to that. We did rectify that issue but another issue seemed to have come up. The graphs below will help:

While goals scored by us are pretty evenly spread out over the 15 minute blocks, we concede most of our goals just after half-time or during the last 10-15 mins of the game. We've let in 7 goals of the 17 in the last 15 minutes, but all of them were before the month of November. So, we have put an end to the late goals being scored against us.

But now, we are conceding goals soon after half-time. We've conceded 6 goals in the 15 minutes after half-time, 4 of which were in the last month or so! The scouts, and asst. manager Baresi have raised this issue and their opinion is that the players are taking longer than usual to get back to max. concentration after the break.

For the next few games or so, I'll make sure to be a bit hard on the players at half-time telling them to stop getting complacent. Hopefully, this will have a positive impact on the players and they tighten up!

Coupe de la Ligue: Fourth Round

View attachment 239425
Quite a straight forward victory. I fielded a second string side with 15 year old Hamza Messaoudi leading the line. We got two penalties, both of which were converted by Williams. The second one was a bit lucky but it didn't influence the result in a big way.

OTHER RESULTS
View attachment 239424

View attachment 239270
I gave 15 yr old Hamza Messaoudi a spot in the first team against Arles-Avignon in the Coupe de la Ligue. It wasn't a good performance from the youngster but he's way too inexperienced at the moment to be putting in solid performance.

When the press asked me what I made of his performance, I said that the kid is still very inexperienced. He has a lot of potential but it'll take a while before he even comes close to fulfilling his potential.​

View attachment 239261
View attachment 919673

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE ROUND OF 32 DRAW
View attachment 239260
The thing that stands out about this draw is that three of the four French clubs are drawn against English clubs! We play West Ham, which is an interesting challenge. I have always had a bit of trouble against West Ham during my early days at Fulham, and it gives me a chance to test my new tactics against them.

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE ROUND OF 16 DRAW
View attachment 239259
If we do beat West Ham, we could face yet another Premier Division side in Manchester City. There's only a 25% chance of that happening mathematically but both Man City and ourselves have been billed favourites for our respective clashes.​

Congrats on 100 pages, still one of the best stories on the site!! :D

Upcoming League Fixtures

View attachment 239216
Our next seven games - I'm expecting upwards of 15 points. We have 4 home games, and 3 away. We play Marseille, Stade Rennais and RC Lens at home, which is good.

We also play in the French Cup and in the Coupe de la Ligue in between these games. We don't play AS Monaco FC until mid-February and don't play PSG until the last day of the League fixtures. So, if we can establish a healthy lead over these clubs before we face them, I could rotate a bit so that players are fresh for the Europa League knockout stages.​

View attachment 239116
Jeremy Bernard's a decent player but I don't see him breaking into the first team at Lyon. So, when AC Arles-Avignon came knocking, I took the offer without second thoughts.

But things didn't work out all that well. When Bernard left, I told him it was best for him to leave now than stay and stagnate his career. And he didn't take it well and went to the press saying that I didn't treat him fairly.
View attachment 239113
I did what I thought was best for the youngster and he reacts this way. Oh well, I don't have to worry about him anymore. His criticism of me in the press is not going to have any impact on me whatsoever. All I can say is good luck to him!

Choc des Olympiques

The build-up to this game was rather quiet for a derby game, but the game was a blast. Fofana opened the scoring for Marseille early on. We were caught a bit napping by Marseille. With the home fans behind us, the players pushed forward a bit more than needed and paid the price. It was a simple tap-in in the end for Fofana.

But I had no doubt in the players' abilities. Rafael Rodriguez levelled things for us in the 34th minute. It was a brilliant move all around. The play started on the left wing. Gonalons and Grenier eventually got involved and the two midfielders strung passes quickly and after a few passes forward, Cartabia squared it for Rodriguez to tap home the equalizer.View attachment 238977

At half-time, I told the players that the game was for the taking. It really was. We were dominant and just needed to finish off the moves. Within 10 mins of the restart, Rodriguez got his second with a shot from 10 yards. We were 2-0 up and looking good. Marseille were slowly pushing forward and
upping their tempo in search for the equalizer. But Peter Ankersen's horrific tackle on Williams got him sent-off.

As we went to the final 10, OM were a man down and a goal down. Williams finished the game off with a goal in the 83rd minute. This was a special goal indeed. A pass from Correa was received by Williams on the edge of the box and his first time shot whistled into the top corner.

View attachment 238884
I was rather harsh with the reply here. Nothing personal against Antonio Conte but Arsenal have always been keen on buying my players. They unsettled so many players while I was at Fulham including Vilhena, Roberts and Artur. I can't risk Alex Telles fall into that category. I decided to be all aggressive in the press conference to give Arsenal a hands-off warning!​