• Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 9K

MWEST94

Reaction score
The Rise of the Mighty Montpellier
View attachment 246852
Montpellier

View attachment 246851
Montpellier have announced the resignation of Rene Girard. He was caught in a confrontation with the Chairman. Girard, who was known for his robust training methods which included training on hot coals and watching the Twilight Saga to improve team spirit, said something regarding the chairman’s mother, and the chairman retaliated by stabbing Girard with a fork.

View attachment 246850
Yanga-M’Biwa, the club captain, announced on his twitter page, “good manager, shame about the incident, good luck!”

Utaka also twitted, “Gonna miss him, the romantic dinners…I mean…his influence over the squad.”

Odds for the job:
Laurent Blanc (France) 3/1
Pablo Correa (Evian) 5/1
Jacques Rousselot (AS Nancy) 8/1
Matt West (Unattached) 50/1

Last edited:
Good luck, although all you need to do is get both Belhanda and Giroud working together, and you will decimate most teams withing a season.

Also, play Ait Fana as much as possible, even over Utaka, he is outstanding.

I'll put a tenner on Matt West getting the job. Winnings through Paypal, please. (:

Good luck, although all you need to do is get both Belhanda and Giroud working together, and you will decimate most teams withing a season.

Also, play Ait Fana as much as possible, even over Utaka, he is outstanding.

Cheers mate!

Was a huge fan of Diablo 2, and will definitely be buying this... Lets just hope it's been worth the wait.
small.gif

View attachment 247040
Montpellier
View attachment 247047
Laurent Blanc statement, “I am happy managing France at the moment, as much as I love to return to the club it is not the right time or stage in my managerial career.”

View attachment 247046
Evian manager, Pablo Correa, also announced, “Sorry to
disappoint Montpellier fans but I helped Evian to get promoted and it is my job
to keep them up!”

That leaves AS Nancy, Jacques Rousselot, as the front runner.
View attachment 247045

Last edited:
View attachment 247107
Montpellier
View attachment 247109
Montpellier have announced the shock appointment of rookie Matt West as their new manager.

Chairman’s statement: “We are pleased we got the opportunity to hire West as manager, hopefully he can propel us forward.”

View attachment 247108
Press Conference:
Reporter: “So West, how did this opportunity come about?”
West: “Don’t know really, I was at home and some guy called me saying do you want to be manager of Montpellier. I said sure why not. I was only going to stay in this weekend and watch the darts.”
Reporter: “OK…so are you looking to strengthen your squad?”
West: “Probably…there are a few names in my head.”
Reporter: “You’re from an English background; do you think you will be able to adjust to the French language and lifestyle?”
West: “Probably…I can say hello and goodbye in French.”
Reporter: “You’re known for your traditional 4-4-2 formation, will you employ this?”
West: “I will probably use this formation, alongside a 4-5-1 tactic.”
Reporter: “One final question, do you believe Montpellier have what it takes to compete with the likes of Lille, PSG and Marseille?”
West: “Sure why not.”

End of press conference.

View attachment 247118
Montpellier
Danny Welbeck has been spotted in Montpellier could this be West’s first signing?
View attachment 247120

In other news:
Manchester United and Manchester City are competing for the signature of Ganso. Emile Heskey scored a hat trick in Aston Villa’s first friendly. Chiellini has been ruled out for 6 months with a broken leg.
View attachment 247119

View attachment 247121
Montpellier

View attachment 247122 View attachment 247123
West has announced the double signing of Danny Welbeck, on loan, and Ruben Jenssen for £1 million.

View attachment 247124
Press Conference:
Reporter: “Getting Danny Welbeck on loan is a great signing, what do you think?”
West: “Yes, he will provide back-up for Giroud.”
Reporter: “How did you manage to sign Jenssen?”
West: “I had to interact with the board and they provided me with the finance to sign these players.”
Reporter: “They are quite cheap signings, what about the wage budget though?”
West: “The deals were done quite cheaply but one or two players may have to leave.”

End of press conference.

Who is going to be shown the door by West?

View attachment 247773
Montpellier
Preseason:
Reporter: “Some great results especially the 4-0 win against Werder Bremen.”
West: “Yeah great results hopefully we will take this into the season.”
Reporter: “Will you be sticking with your 4-4-2 formation?”
West: “Probably it has been working so far!”
Reporter: “The Welbeck Giroud partnership seems to be blossoming.”
West: “Yeah, they work very well together on the pitch and in training.”
Reporter: “Considering your team performances, will you be adding to your squad?”
West: “Probably not I’m happy with the state of the squad.”

End of press conference.

West is set for his competitive fixture in charge of Montpellier. His new look side face a home game against Auxerre, on 6th​ August 2011. Does his squad have what it takes?

View attachment 247825
Montpellier
First Game: Montpellier vs Auxerre

Wests first game ended in a 1-1 draw with Auxerre. Montpellier started brightly with efforts from Balhanda and Giroud missing a couple of clear cut chances. Montpellier dominated the first half in terms of possession and scoring opportunities, reducing Auxerre to one shooting opportunity. Auxerre started well in the second half creating a couple of chances. However, Auxerre defender Coulibaly fouled Giroud in the box. Balhanda stepped up to the spot kick and buried it expertly in the 58th​ minute. Ben Sahar then scored on his debut with a clinical finish in the 65th​ minute. Montpellier created further chances but failed to capatilize. Camara will be epicially disappointed being put through and hitting the shot wide.

West’s statement: “I thought we played very well; creating 17 chances, with 5 of them being clear cut chances compared to Auxerre who had 5 chances altogether. I cannot fault the effort from the players but we should have won.”
The Auxerre boss, Fornier, also come out with a statement: “Montpellier should be proud of the way they played against us. We were lucky to even get a point. I have to credit West’s style and tactics, they simply moved the ball around and we didn’t have an answer for it.”

View attachment 248283
Montpellier
August Summary:
League: Montpellier 1 vs 1 Auxerre
Belhanda (58)

League: Lille 0 vs 4 Montpellier
Landreau OG (3), Welbeck (45) (62), El Kaoutari (67)

League: Montpellier 1 vs 1 Stade Rennais
Ait Fana (56)

League: Lyon 3 vs 3 Montpellier
Welbeck (14), Giroud (30), Kone OG (50)

Cup: Bastia 1 vs 1 Montpellier
Camara (25)
Montpellier go through on penalties

Highlight of the month:
The 4-0 win versus Lille.

Disappointment of the month:
Concending in the last minute to Lyon!

Player of the month:
Danny Welbeck has been fantastic for me and settled well!

League Standing:
9th​

Last edited:
View attachment 248295
Montpellier
Transfer Updates:
Ins:
Welbeck (Loan)
Jenssen (£1 million)
Romain Hireche (£425 K)
Hillel Konate (400 K)

Outs:
None

In other transfer news Asamoah moved to PSG in a £9 million deal and Plasil moved to Malaga for £5.5 million. Man City signed Brazilian duo Dede and Ganso for a combined £39 million. Xavier moved from Metalist to Inter for £12 million. Arsenal also splashed the cash bringing in Fellaini, Montillo and Perotti for £40 million.
View attachment 248297 View attachment 248298

I love these guys, Just signed Fana on my Valencia game http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...es/99703-valencias-next-spanish-catalans.html he will come in the summer, How is he doing for you? I played a season before I started this game finished 2nd, What tactic are you using?

For me he has done fairly well, contributing 5 goals, 8 assists and has a 7.21 rating. He is a good player but can be quite inconsistent sometimes!

I am using the same tactics I created for my Man Utd team account. It is a 4-4-2 (Actually 4-2-4, with attacking wingers). The philosophy is balanced and is attacking. Rather than possession, it focuses on creating as many chances as possible, I usually create 20 plus opportunities a match, even against the stronger teams. It is quite similar to the way Man Utd play; fast, attacking free flowing football.

View attachment 248572
Montpellier
September Summary:
League: Montpellier 1 vs 1 Nice
Belhanda (29)

League: Stade Brestois 1 vs 2 Montpellier
Giroud (19), Welbeck (24)

League: AC Ajaccio 1 vs 1 Montpellier
Welbeck (5)

League: Montpellier 2 vs 1 PSG
Belhanda (7), Welbeck (87)

Highlight of the month:
Danny Welbeck’s 87th​ minute winner against PSG!

Drawing at home to Nice, when they only 10 players for half the match.

Player of the month:
Tough choice this month, both Belhanda and Welbeck have flourished this month. Welbeck probably edges it due to his winner vs PSG.
View attachment 248577

League standing:
11th​

View attachment 248591
Montpellier
October Summary:
League: Bordeaux 0 vs 4 Montpellier
Jenssen (32), Welbeck (56), Camara (66), Fana (88)

League: Montpellier 4 vs 2 Dijon
Welbeck (16), Camara (23), Belhanda (32), Mbiwa (84)

League: Stade Caen 1 vs 3 Montpellier
Mbiwa (48), Camara (78), Utaka (88)

Cup: Montpellier 1 vs 1 AS Nancy
Fana (46)
AS Nancy go through on penalties

League: Montpellier 2 vs 0 AS Nancy
Jenssen (8), Welbeck (87)

Highlight of the month:
Winning all my league fixtures comfortably.

Going out of the cup.

Player of the month:
With Giroud being injured at the start of the month, Camara has stepped up and performed admirably in all his games.
View attachment 248592

League standing:
8th​

View attachment 249812
Montpellier
November Summary:
League: AS Saint-Etienne 2 vs 3 Montpellier
Belhanda (32), (60), Welbeck (56)

League: Montpellier 2 vs 2 OM
Diarra OG (14), Camara (41)

League: FC Sochaux 0 vs 5 Montpellier
Utaka (20), Fana (25), (49), Mbiwa (31), Jenssen (86)

Highlight of the month:
Still unbeaten in the league, complementing that with the 5-0 thrashing of FC Sochaux!

Losing both Giroud and Mbiwa to injuries for a couple of weeks.

Player of the month:
Belhanda has stood out both in his goals and assists, as well as his performances.
View attachment 249813
League standing:
3rd​

View attachment 249814
Montpellier
Transfer Speculation:

With the transfer window just a month away there is a lot of gossip about potential signings. Real Madrid and Barcelona are both interested in Luis Suarez. Modric has been linked with a January move to Man Utd. Inter are looking at a double swoop for Brazilian winger, Hulk, and Jan Vertonghen from Ajax.

For Montpellier, they are looking at many possible options. Bayal and Loic Nestor are both players, West is considering to ‘beef up’ his defence. He is also looking at Chelsea pair Daniel Sturridge and Paulo Ferraira, as well as French stars Gourcuff – who is transfer listed and David N’gog.
View attachment 249815 View attachment 249816

Back