The Rise Of The Mighty Montpellier

• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 9K
View attachment 250986
Montpellier
West has conducted a shortlist of players who he wants to sign following the position Montpellier finished as well as new players for the Champions League. The top priority for West, is a top class poacher following Welbeck’s loan expiring. As well as this West is interested in a couple of wingers, a back-up for the aging Marveaux and possibly defensive additions.

Shortlist:
Goalkeepers: Butland, Adler
Right backs: Van Der Wiel, Isla, Clyne
Left backs: Kolarov
Centre backs: Bayal, Hangeland, Scott Dann
Wingers: Hoilett, Ola John, Bryan Ruiz, Pitroipa, Vermut, Nangis
Centre midfield: Joel Valencia, Strootman, Velosa, Elm, Mccarthy, N’zonzi
Strikers: De Jong, N’gog, Niang, Marvin Martin, Maiga, Gilardino, Dembele

View attachment 254549
Montpellier
Headline: West relationship with Chairman on the rocks.

Just weeks after West signed a new two year deal; it looks like West could be leaving the club. West and the chairman were seen in a confrontation, following a limited transfer budget provided by the chairman. West is reportedly unhappy with the small amount of transfer money even though the club won the league. The chairman set the transfer and wage budget after West released his shortlist of transfer targets. We estimate that the chairman will provide West with around £5 million to spend on transfers and around £90,000 wage.

With this unsettlement at Montpellier, Arsenal and Napoli and ready to pounce to sign up manager, Matt West; if he leaves the club.

Last edited:
View attachment 255138
Montpellier
Headline: West says he is happy at Montpellier.

Following last week allegations that West had a confrontation with the chairman over the transfer funds available to West, West says he is happy managing Montpellier.

West’s statement, “I am happy at Montpellier and relationship with the chairman is good. Yes, I am unhappy about the transfer budget, but I had the same amount last year and we managed to do well. I thought we would have a bigger budget considering our position last year, but to be a good manager you have to be prepared for these situations. I am not planning to leave the club in the near future, the media are just stirring saying I had a confrontation with the chairman but I’m very happy here!”

View attachment 255139
Montpellier
West has invested in two new signings. He has completed the free signing of Junior Hoilett from Blackburn Rovers, following his contract expiring. He has also snapped up Nathaniel Clyne from Crystal Palace for £925,000. Following these signings West has released four senior members from the team, following their contract expiring. These are Lacombe, Hilton, Dernis and Santisteva.

West statement: “We are pleased to sign these players. They are young and will bring great energy to the team. I would also like to thank the four players that have left for their performances for the club. Me and the chairman are looking at a few players so expect one or two signings in the next few weeks.”
View attachment 255140 View attachment 255141

Back