• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 9K
View attachment 249858
Montpellier
December Summary:
League: Montpellier 4 vs 1 FC Lorient
Mbiwa (11), (62), Jenssen (79), Utaka (87)

League: Valenciennes 0 vs 1 Montpellier
Giroud (65)

League: Montpellier 2 vs 0 Toulouse
Bedimo (24), Belhanda (55)

League: Evian TG 1 vs 0 Montpellier

Friendly: US Concarneau 1 vs 4 Montpellier
Sylla (62), Dabo (68), Estrada (73), Fana (75)

Highlight of the month:
Belhanda 30 yard goal.

Disappointment of the month:
Losing my first league game of the season to Evian TG.

Player of the month:
Belhanda has been fantastic this month!
View attachment 249859
League standing:
1st​

View attachment 249992
Montpellier
January Summary:
French Cup: AS Nancy 0 vs 5 Montpellier
Belhanda (23), (63), Nestor (43) Giroud Pen (55), Welbeck (65)

League: Montpellier 0 vs 1 Lyon

French Cup: FC Nantes 3 vs 1 Montpellier
Nestor (41)

League: OGC Nice 3 vs 3 Montpellier
Welbeck (21), Giroud (23), (79)

Highlight of the month:
The 5-0 thrashing of AS Nancy.

Going out of the cup.

Player of the month:
Giroud
View attachment 249993
League standing:
2nd​

Last edited:
Looking good will follow this, currently with Lille myself, Hazard is a superstar!

View attachment 249998
Montpellier
January Transfer Update:

Montpellier had a fairly quiet January transfer rumours. Loic Nestor completed a £2.4 million move to Montpellier from Le Havre. After weeks of speculation West finally got his man. West quoted, “I am pleased we signed Nestor, he is young, energetic and will provide cover at centre back.” The manager also completed the signing of youngster of Matthew West from Brighton. West said, “We had the next few years in mind when signing West, a few clubs were interested so we had to move quick to sign him.” These players signed for a combined £3.1 million and will provide extra competition at Montpellier. Montpellier also let go of Jeunechamp and Pitau on free transfers to free up the wage bill.

In other transfer news Maarten Martens left AZ to move to Wigan for £5 million. Martin Olsson moved from Blackburn to Tottenham in a £12 million deal. Luis Jimenez moved to Inter for £8.5 million and Gaitan completed a £6.5 million move to Malaga. In conclusion, it was a fairly quiet transfer window with no real surprises.

View attachment 249999 View attachment 250000

Hope you win the title.
Will you buy gourcouff?

I would if I could, I have the transfer money. But he is on 80k and the minimum I can get him to take is 90k. Plus a couple of my players have match highest player earning clause. So I can't afford him in terms of wages!

I would if I could, I have the transfer money. But he is on 80k and the minimum I can get him to take is 90k. Plus a couple of my players have match highest player earning clause. So I can't afford him in terms of wages!

Too bad :c

View attachment 250122
Montpellier
February Summary:
League: Montpellier 1 vs 3 Stade Brestois
Welbeck (24)

League: Montpellier 3 vs 0 AC Ajaccio
Welbeck (1), (76), Giroud (5)

League: PSG 1 vs 2 Montpellier
Ait Fana (17), Marveaux (40)

League: Montpellier 1 vs 1 Bordeaux
Chalme OG (21)

Highlight of the month:
Unbeaten both home and away against big spending PSG.

Losing to Stade Brestois at home.

Player of the month:
Welbeck
View attachment 250123

League standing:
2nd​

View attachment 250136
Montpellier
March Summary:
League: Dijon 0 vs 2 Montpellier
Nestor (55), Welbeck (74)

League: Montpellier 5 vs 0 Stade Caen
Marveaux (9), Mbiwa (33), Utaka (57), Giroud (79), Estrada (79)

League: AS Nancy 3 vs 0 Montpellier

League: Montpellier 2 vs 0 Saint-Etienne
Welbeck (18), Mbiwa (49)

Highlight of the month:
The 5-0 thrashing of Stade Caen.

Losing Giroud and Camera to injuries.

Player of the month:
Mbiwa
View attachment 250137

League standing:
1st​

View attachment 250244
Montpellier
April Summary:
League: Montpellier 3 vs 0 FC Sochaux
Welbeck (10), (74), Butin OG (40)

League: FC Lorient 3 vs 0 Montpellier

League: Montpellier 2 vs 0 Valenciennes
Ait Fana (7), Utaka (13)

League: OM 3 vs 1 Montpellier
Ait Fana (56)

League: Toulouse 1 vs 0 Montpellier

Highlight of the month:
Back to back victories near the start of the month.

Losing to OM, the way we did.

Player of the month:
Ait Fana
View attachment 250245

League standing:
2nd​

Well you lost the leadering but.... still it is a nice sranding (H)

View attachment 250298
Montpellier
May Summary:
League: Montpellier 5 vs 2 Evian TG
Belhanda (14), Camara (46), (48), Welbeck (52), Mbiwa (85)

League: Stade Rennais 0 vs 1 Montpellier
Nestor (57)

League: Montpellier 2 vs 0 Lille
Welbeck (3), Camara (63)

With 1 point separating Montpellier in 1st​ and OM in 2nd​, the winner will be decided on the final day of the season. Who will win the league?

View attachment 250403
Montpellier
The final matches of the season:
Both Montpellier and OM have fixtures which will determine the position which will determine who wins the league and who finishes second. Montpellier face a tricky away game to AJ Auxerre, whereas OM face an away trip to already relegated FC Sochaux. Both games kick off at the same time with Montpellier in the driving seat to win the title.

Kick off.
Montpellier starting brightly with shots from Welbeck and Belhanda. OM almost concede through a dazzling Marvin Martin run. News comes into Montpellier stadium that Jorden Ayew has scored for OM. A great run, with a one-two with Remy leads to Ayew burying a goal deep into the net. Montpellier fans have gone silent. As things stand OM will win the league.

AJ Auxerre create a chance, with Joudren producing an excellent save. OM go close through Remy and Ayew again. Both games are approaching half time with OM going to win the league. Suddenly, Grichting has been sent off for Auxerre, bringing a glimmer of hope to Montpellier title chances.

Montpellier and OM start brightly with shots from each team against their respective teams, but none troubling the keeper. Montpellier threatening again through a Giroud header. Another sending off in the Montpellier game. Who has it gone to?

Rivieyran has been sent off for Auxerre. They are down to 9 men. Can Montpellier break Auxerre brick wall defence?

Things start to get worse for Auxerre and OM, Belhanda has scored an astonishing free kick two minutes after the sending off. As of now Montpellier will win the league, unless Auxerre can salvage anything from the game.

Montpellier bring on Estrada for Giroud – looks like they are going to hold this 1-0 lead. Montpellier are just holding onto possession, toying with their opponents. In the other match, things have got worse as Loic Remy has been sent off in the 65th​ minute with a two footed tackle on a FC Sochaux player. All they can do is hold onto the lead and hope Auxerre get something out of the other game.

It is approaching the last 10 minutes of both games with Montpellier looking likely to win the league. Montpellier are still keeping possession and are only attacking when they need to; a fairly professional performance.

Montpellier fans are cheering, FC Sochaux have equalised through a Mouyokolo header. The Montpellier fans are chanting his name. Things have got worse in the title race for OM. With the final minutes being played it is quite tense with Montpellier keeping hold of possession and OM throwing everything at FC Sochaux.

Final whistle has blown. Montpellier have won the league!

View attachment 250407
Montpellier
May Summary Continued:
League: AJ Auxerre 0 vs 1 Montpellier
Belhanda (56)

Highlight of the month:
Winning the league on the final day.

Welbeck’s last game.

Player of the month:
It has to be Belhanda, following his goal against Auxerre and other recent performances.
View attachment 250408

League standing:
1st​

View attachment 250754
Montpellier
Season summary:
Montpellier left it till the last day to win the League, beating OM by 3 points. As Montpellier were predicted as 13th​ at the start of the season, winning the league was an outstanding achievement for the club and the manager, with clubs around the world looking at his services, due to his contract running out in the next two months.

It was commiserations at the other end for FC Sochaux, AC Ajaccio and Evian TG; following their relegation. FC Sochaux will be particularly disappointed with their relegation following early pundits predicting a mid table finish.

Remy was the joint top league scorer with 20 goals alongside Danny Welbeck. Belhanda was the top assist marksman with 15 assists. He also had the highest average rating at 7.43.

Belhanda was voted the best league player of Ligue 1, followed secondly by Loic Remy and Mbiwa coming third.

Ligue 1 table:
View attachment 250755

View attachment 250985
Montpellier
Headline: West signs new 2 year deal with Montpellier!

Following weeks of speculation that West was going to leave Montpellier at the end of his 1 year contract, he has signed a new 2 year deal with Montpellier. The chairman said, “We are pleased to tie West down to new deal. He is a great manager and we hope he will bring further success to Montpellier.” Mbiwa, the Montpellier captain, also said, “I am happy he has signed a new contract, without him we wouldn’t be where we are in the league.”

Before West signed a new deal he was linked with PSG following their 6th​ place finish. As well as this he was linked with Arsenal following Arsene Wenger sacking. The Arsenal chairman was interested with West, due to his managerial philosophy. As well as this West was linked with various jobs in Italy and Spain.

West quoted, “I am pleased to sign a deal with Montpellier. Hopefully I can bring further success to the club.”

Back