The Royal Society's Coup d'etat of the Basque Country and Beyond

Love the interview with JC :) More talks with players, coaches and Bella!! ;)

I would love to see interviews for contract negotiations and having mouth offs with coaches etc. :p

Everything else is superb :D and great results. Still following with lots of support mate :)

Last edited:
Thanks mate, glad you're liking the more fictional side to my story, I shall make sure I keep it up; I had been wondering if people thought it was 'naff or not haha :p

I shall, I'll start doing my soundbytes again on matches cause they're fun for me to think of :p

I'm busy over this weekend but I'll write up all the way to January 2013 by tuesday night latest.

good story mate would be nice to see the league table at the end of the month so we all can keep up to date but good story

Yeah, I'll be doing so after April, I got ahead of myself and forgot to take them along the way. Will be a table pic every 2-3months from April onwards :)

An Amazing April

Real Sociedad View attachment 261532 4-0 View attachment 261533 Mallorca
(Suso 1; Cristaldo 9,64; Xabi Prieto pen28)
Key Stats
Possession 49-51
Shots 18-4
On Target 6-0
Clear Cut Chances 3-0

A great result! Our pressing when not on the ball was flawless and resulted in their lack of production. Suso got his first league goal for the club which was nice and Cristaldo continued his fine form in front of goal.

Soundbyte of the Match: “At least Mallorca fans knew there was nothing their team could’ve done.”

Zaragoza View attachment 261534 2-3
attachment.php
Real Sociedad
(Xabi Prieto pen6; Inigo Martinez 61; Cristaldo 66)
Key Stats
Possession 53-48
Shots 9-10
On Target 4-4
Clear Cut Chances 2-3

A win is a win; not the best performance against a struggling side, but I’m very glad we converted all our clear cut chances. Cristaldo with the customary goal and the player I’m grooming for captaincy; Martinez, got a deserved goal in a great performance whereby his central partner Demidov let him down on the goals conceded. Satisfactory result; not a great deal to worry about either.

Soundbyte of the Match: “Close game, but I think many expected Los Txuri-Urdin to come out with the three points and we did; no need for long faces from the Zaragoza players.”

Sevilla View attachment 261535 3-1
attachment.php
Real Sociedad
(Cristaldo 44)
Key Stats
Possession 56-44
Shots 20-12
On Target 11-1
Clear Cut Chances 3-0

Not the worst result but the performance is what had me fuming. Wayward shots, lack of creativity, sloppy passing, you name it, Sociedad had it. We couldn’t deal with Sevilla’s pace going forward and their fast transitions from receiving possession in defence to threatening our goal. A bad performance, lamented by Martinez’s failure to maintain his form against Zaragoza – disappointed manager.

Soundbyte of the Match: “Where’s Oleg when you need him?! It was a bad performance okay, we will be better next week, no get out my face.”

Real Sociedad
attachment.php
4-1 View attachment 261536 Valencia

(Cristaldo 6,15; Prieto 82,88)
Key Stats
Possession 52-48
Shots 14-5
On Target 6-3
Clear Cut Chances 4-0

I said we’d come back from last week’s bad result and we did. Emphatic win over our continental qualification rivals. Valenca were hindered by midweek exertions in the Champions league which they’re on course to make the final in. Further to that, we had a real fire in our bellies going forward and I was pleased we managed to create 4 clear cut chances against a good defence and bury them all to boot. Nothing more I could’ve asked following the Sevilla game and I’m glad to see Prieto pick up some form and lead by example from the right wing.

Soundbyte of the Match: “Valencia look tired, it’s up to their manager to decide whether they have more chance of beating United or Barca in the final of the Champions league or making 4th​ place; I’d stick my neck out and say the league looks easier.”

Real Sociedad
attachment.php
5-3 View attachment 261537 Atletico Madrid
(Cristaldo 31,49,60,90+4; Griezmann 67)
Key Stats
Possession 49-51
Shots 15-13
On Target 9-4
Clear Cut Chances 5-1

Massive result in the race for the 4th​-6th​; this game could’ve been better and it could’ve been worse. We squandered a few chances, but so did Falcao – the same man that buried us last time against Atleti, allowed us to hit home a good result. Cristaldo my saviour once more and gaining on Villa’s topscorer position after only joining in January! Griezmann picked up another goal which is great to see. Great three points, great week after the result against Valencia result on the weekend.

Soundbyte of the Match: “That’s how you play football, both teams did justice to this sport, but we came out on top and deservedly so.”

Barcelona View attachment 261538 4-0
attachment.php
Real Sociedad

Key Stats
Possession 57-43
Shots 17-6
On Target 8-1
Clear Cut Chances 6-2

Outclassed by the league leaders and I couldn’t be too unhappy. We failed to convert our chances but fair dues to barca, they missed the same amount of chances but still piled on a 4-0 win that is painful for my lads after such a great run of results against the bigger teams in the league. Unusual not to score, but they’re the runaway leaders currently and I can’t complain as I said.

Soundbyte of the Match: “I take back my earlier statement, Real haven’t got a hope in **** of beating Barca to La Liga.”

Real Sociedad
attachment.php
2-0 View attachment 261539 Athletic

(Cristaldo 17,70)
Key Stats
Possession 48-52
Shots 13-7
On Target 3-0
Clear Cut Chances 2-0

Vasco derby revenge. The fans were delighted and I’m pleased that we managed to beat our comfortably-3rd​-placed rivals following our undeserved loss at San Mames earlier in the season. 2 chances, 2 goals; great stuff. Ahtletic didn’t make it easier for themselves when Ramalho was sent off for a second yellow on 57 minutes and this just let us ease into further control. We have no chance of conqueroring basque country following Athletic’s season, but at least we can take big points off them.

Soundbyte of the Match: “This is our warcry, we will not lose form as the season comes to a close. Credit to Athletic, my ambition of overtaking them clearly spurred them into a great season, but we are still the emerging team in our area and I’ll continue to prove it, as this result does.”

League Table: View attachment 261531

Embarrassing Escapades

I have my hands full evaluating my tactics with Bella and an unexpected knock came at the door. We writhed and wriggled to get our tactical apparatus back where they’re usually kept so as not to be messy but we couldn’t help the door swinging open and looking a little like it was an awkward time to receive a visit.

“Sorry….to interrupt…boss, but I wanted to move forward our meeting to now, if that’s okay?”

It was Antoine (Griezmann), he looked relaxed but very tired, bags under his eyes and moving gingerly.

“Bella…”

Antoine cuts me off “No it’s okay, it’ll be quick; she can stay”

“Okay; what’s on your mind Antoine?”

“Two things if I’m honest boss. I need a break, even if it’s only just for a week. I understand I’m a key player for us but I am feeling the strain.”

“that’ll be perfectly fine, we have a 2 week break between now and our next game on the 13th​ of May, go have a 10 day holiday. I’ll make sure it gets authorised with the club.”

“Thanks boss; the other thing is a bit more complicated… Wenger still hasn’t called me up to the France squad and I’m tired of playing for the U21’s. I’ve spent 5 years now in san Sebastian and it feels like a second home for me. So I was wondering whether you’d give me some advice…. Should I await Wenger call or commit myself to Spain pending eligibility?”

“That’s a tough one Antoine; you see, the World Cup is coming up, and I’m sure you’re eager to play a part in it, but remember you’re only 21 and Wenger probably will step down following the World Cup. Then you have a new chance to get into the squad; I think him blind since you’ve dominated the left wing for us since you’re debut and this season you’ve been one of the best left wingers in La Liga…”

I survey Griezmann’s composure, international football means a whole lot to him; I don’t think I’ll limit his game-time in future international friendlies. A lad like this feeds on bigger stages.

“I can’t see why you should force yourself to decline France should they come knocking in the next 5 years left for your Spanish citizenship, in wake of Wenger’s ignorance. Don’t blame your nation for one man’s stupidity, but saying that, I doubt anyone could complain if you took a call up for Spain if it came, since you’ve lived here since you were barely 16 years old; by then you’d have spent 10 years here, look at Senna, he went on to be a key part to Spain’s Euro 2008 success. I think you should just take whatever comes first with both hands.”

Bella interjects – I think just so she doesn’t seem like an awkward bystander.

“If it means anything to you, I think Joe is right. You deserve whatever is given, don’t blame France for the notoriously stubborn Wenger. The man’s a….”

“Okay Bella, that’s enough” I smile and gesture towards Antoine if that’s everything.

He leaves the room without words but with smiles.

“Now where were we Bella…?” I am dying to rediscover her form in tactics.

Uh we were just about to part...” she beams with a cheeky fire in her eyes.

She’s still playing hardball even when she’s already put pen to paper. She knows how to push my buttons… Again the perfectly rounded pencil skirt drifts from view out of my ajar office door, but I feel so alive. Football is going well, and Bella is more than just a supplement to my mood, she’s making it.

Last edited:
Alright lads, it's Tuesday night, as promised I'll be doing some hardcore posting for this story. I'll post as much as I can in the next 4 hours I have free before I need to sleep. I've played 2 whole seasons :O carried away with the fun of the save, but I will make sure this gets up to date before I do the 3rd season.

Sorry guys, I'mstruggling for ideas with my 'fictional' part to my story, so I'll write up and save on Word the results for the months, and post them with the fictional parts as soon as I decide what they are.

Sorry again.

how you got on at the end of 2nd season? I finished one position lower (3rd) than in my first season. Mainly because I did too many transfers at the end of first season. More settled squad and im currently 1st at christmas in 3rd season.