The Royals Looking for the Crown - A Reading FC Story

Great result against City!! Are you starting Ramsey?

December 2012

View attachment 275153

Reading Pick up Their Form
Reading Draw Birmingham in Capital One Cup Semi Final
Reading Back on Track to Success

Barclays Premier League Match Day 14

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Reading

McAnuff, Le Fondre

Capital One Cup Round Quarter Final

Hull 2 - 3 Reading

Elkeson (2), Fierro

Barclays Premier League Match Day 15

Reading 2 - 0 Swansea

Fierro, Karacan

Barclays Premier League Match Day 16

Everton 3 - 3 Reading

Le Fondre (2), McAnuff

Barclays Premier League Match Day 17

Tottenham 2 - 0 Reading

Barclays Premier League Match Day 18

Reading 2 - 0 Fulham

Elkeson, Le Fondre

Barclays Premier League Match Day 19

Reading 2 - 1 Wolves

Fierro, Wickham

What a month! Full of great results and after coming off a bad end to November this change around is even more suprising. I had a meeting with the team to hopefully fire them up and put a bit of passion into their play and it seems to have worked. We are now in a Semi Final against Birmingham which is a more than manageable fixture for us and with 13 points from a possible 18 this month I can have no real complaints.

Performer of the Month

View attachment 275156

This is the hardest decision so far in my managerial career between two fantastic players this month and both happened to be my wingers. This proves just how important my wingers are to my style of play acting as both playmakers and crossers of the ball. This months award however has to go to Jobi again but it was so close like I say between him and Elkeson, Elkeson took us to the Capital One Cup semi final but Jobi provided so many assists and vital goals this month. What a player he is proving to be.

View attachment 275157

what's the situation with backroom staff - if I remember correctly, in my save there were quite a few coaches allowed? Has it changed now?

Also: how's the financial situation (balance and budget f.e. for 2nd season)?

Ahhhh thats not good :/ need European football really to rake in the prize money!!

It is realistic just be a challenge, hopefully like I say clearing out some dead wood will help but its not easy to shift players sometimes

View attachment 275310

Reading Land Russian Wizard

View attachment 275311

Reading today have completed the signing of Russian playmaker Alan Dzagoev on a free transfer. Dzagoev is seen as a huge signing for the club however many reading fans do not see him fitting in their current philosophy but are excited to be able to see such a top quality player on a weekly basis. Manager Adam Howard had the following to say on the signing, "Alan is an outstanding player. He is a regular in the Russian national team, he creates chances for team mates and makes the game look easy whilst also providing goals as well. He is bound to be a massive signing for this club and for a free transfer for such a strong player you cannot complain. I wish Alan all the luck with winning over our very loyal fans."

January 2013

View attachment 275314

Reading Continue Outstanding Form
Reading to play Tottenham in Capital One Cup Final
Reading Draw Crystal Palace in FA Cup Fourth Round

Barclays Premier League Match Day 20

Reading 2 - 2 Manchester United

Wickham, Le Fondre

FA Cup Round 3

Reading 3 - 0 Southampton

Elkeson (3)

Barclays Premier League Match Day 21

Newcastle 0 - 1 Reading

Karacan

Capital One Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Reading 3 - 1 Birmingham

Stracqualursi (2), Ramsey

Barclays Premier League Match Day 22

Reading 3 - 1 Q.P.R

Le Fondre, Mariappa, Elkeson

Barclays Premier League Match Day 23

Stoke 1 - 0 Reading

Capital One Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Birmingham 3 - 6 Reading (Reading win 9-4 on agg)

Le Fondre (3), Elkeson, McAnuff, Stracqualursi

Wow this fantastic run continues. Starting with a fantastic point against Manchester United and getting through to the final of the Capital One Cup were we will face Tottenham, we know it will be a tricky game since we have never beaten Spurs during my reign but records are there to be broken giving us a good chance of european football next season.

Performer of the Month

View attachment 275312

This month was yet another close one between Elkeson who scored alot this week but also assisted alot and is relishing being swapped to the other wing with increased performances. However Adam Le Fondre was very close to claiming this award scoring very important and many goals but Elkeson's assists is what has given him this award.

View attachment 275313

February 2013

View attachment 275506

Reading Out of FA Cup Early
Le Fondre Firing For Fun
Next Fixture for the Royals is the Final

FA Cup Round 4

Reading 2 - 3 Crystal Palace

Le Fondre (2)

Barclays Premier League Match Day 24

Reading 4 - 0 Southampton

Stracqualursi (2), Eardley (o.g), Elkeson

Barclays Premier League Match Day 25

Reading 1 - 2 Liverpool

Le Fondre

Barclays Premier League Match Day 26

Leicester 1 - 2 Reading

Le Fondre (2)

Barclays Premier League Match Day 27

Chelsea 2 - 2 Reading

Elkeson, Stracqualursi

A Month of mixed results. Obviously the loss against Crystal Palace had me turning red with fury as our full strength side was shown how to play by a league one side. However we bounced back well to pick up victories against Southampton and away to Leicester and picked up an invaluable point at Stamford Bride.

Performer of the Month

View attachment 275507

This month it was relatively easy to choose but it was between my two strikers who have been sharing both assists and goals this month but once again this award has to go back to our goal machine Adam Le Fondre.

View attachment 275508

3rd March 2013

Capital One Cup Final 2013

View attachment 275516

Reading
vs Tottenham

Line-Ups

View attachment 275517

Reading put forward a strong side probably their strongest avaliable in attempt to lift this trophy for the first time in there long history. Tottenham however were forced into a predominantly second rate side with injuries to Dembele, Adebayor and choosing to rest players means they have left out alot of their best players

Pre-Match Odd's

Reading: 4-1 Draw: N/A Tottenham: 4-7 (Fav)

Referee: Howard Webb

Match Commentary:

Here we are at the Capital One Cup 2013 final at Wembley Arena to see if Reading can lift the trophy for the first time in their history or Tottenham can continue there fantastic season form and reclaim the trophy they won in 2008.

15:00 : We have kicked off with history ready to be made

15:02 : GOAL ! Reading 0 - 1 Tottenham. Scott Parker scores a 1 on 1 after a fantastic through ball from make shift midfielder Kyle Naughton

15:08 : GOAL ! Reading 1 - 1 Tottenham. Reading pin Tottenham back nearly instantly with a fantastic counter attacking goal finished off by an on form Adam Le Fondre

15:45 : That brings an end to the first half. It was a half with goals for either side but nothing in it from them apart from a few lashed shots from distance.

16:07 : GOAL ! Reading 2 - 1 Tottenham. Just 7 minutes into the second half and Reading take the lead in this historical match for them with another fantastic counter attack finished off by Denis Stracqualursi.

16:18 : RED CARD ! Tomislav Gomelt had been given his marching orders by Howard Webb after a second bookable offence. Reading look to be favourites right now.

16:20 : CHANCE ! Adam Le Fondre was through on goal but hits the post from a 1 on 1 , will he come to regret that?

16:44 : GOAL ! Reading 2 - 2 Tottenham. Junior Hoilett scores to most likely send the game into extra time! What drama at the end of 90 minutes with Junior Hoilett's pace proving the difference in Tottenham's counter attack.

16:45 : Thats it. 90 minutes is up with the teams not able to be seperated. Reading have arguably been the better side but 10 man totenham scored late to send this into extra time, it's anyones game now.

17:00 : Extra time begins. Who will come out on top?

17:15 : First half of extra time has been eventless with both sides scared to commit forward incase it leaves them bare at the back.

17:27 : CHANCE ! With just 3 minutes of extra time still to go Junior Hoilett has the chance to win the game with a 1 on 1 that goes just past the post, he should have scored !

17:30 : Thats it. Extra time is up and this monumentus event has gone to the lottery of penalties. Reading will be dissapointed to not have taken advantage of Tottenham being down to 10 men but if you asked manager Adam Howard before the game I am sure he would have taken a penalty shoot-out, Reading no matter what have done themselves proud here today.

17:35 : Penalty takers have been decided. Reading will go first, it's hard to watch even as an outsider.

17:36 : First up is Alberto Costa. He steps up to take his penalty.... and SCORES ! An outstanding penalty going in off the top right upright.

17:37 : First up for Tottenham is the youngster Ryan Mason alot of pressure on such a young man. He steps up.... and its SAVED! What a save from Khune proving his worth to this Reading side.

17:38 : Next up for Reading is the winter signing Alan Dzagoev. He steps up... and SCORES ! He shows his experience with a calm finish.

17:39 : Next up for Tottenham is Junior Hoilett the player who is responsable for Tottenham managing to take this to extra time. He steps up... and MISSES! He shows a lack of composure as he blazes the penalty over the bar.

17:40 : Thirdly for Reading it's Denis Stracqualursi, already a fan favourite at the club and can give Reading a huge lead here. He steps forward... and SCORES! A calm finish into the bottom left corner. Reading lead 3-0 on penalties here. It will take a miracle for Tottenham to catch them here.

17:41 : Thirdly for Tottenham is Julian Nunn, a 16 year old boy with so much pressure on his shoulders can he handle it? He steps up... and MISSES! He blazes his penalty over the bar!

17:42 : THATS IT! HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE! READING ARE THE CHAMPIONS! For the first time in their history Reading will lift the Capital One Cup!

Final Score

Reading 2 - 2 Tottenham
(Reading win 3-0 on Penalties)

View attachment 275518

March 2013

View attachment 275687

Capital One Cup Champions back in Action
Reading Push on to Secure Top Half
Young Fierro Given his Chance

Barclays Premier League Match Day 28

Reading 2 - 2 Arsenal

Ashley Williams, Elkeson

Barclays Premier League Match Day 29

West Brom 0 - 2 Reading

Fierro, Costa

Barclays Premier League Match Day 30

Reading 2 - 3 Manchester City

Diakite, Stracqualursi

Difficult fixtures this month but the team was on a high after our win in the Capital One Cup final but we continued the form and managed a draw against Arsenal who recently employed Rafa Benitez after the sacking of Paul Lambert. Then was a game against West Brom which was to be a difficult tie especially when Adam Le Fondre was sent off early into the game but Carlos Fierro came on and secured us the 3 points with a late goal and then winning us a late penalty.

Performer of the Month

View attachment 275688

This month it was hard to choose who deserved this award. I however had to give this award to Carlos for his fantastic performance against West Brom when he was called up to replace Adam he came up good and provided some good performances. He is coming of age at this club.

April 2013

View attachment 275750

Unbeaten Month for Reading
9 Goal Bonanza at The Reebok
Reading Break into the top 6

Barclays Premier League Match Day 31

Sunderland 0 - 0 Reading

Barclays Premier League Match Day 32

Bolton 4 - 5 Reading

Elkeson, Bodgan (o.g), Stracqualursi (2), Ramsey

Barclays Premier League Match Day 33

Swansea 1 - 4 Reading

Elkeson, Le Fondre (2), Williams

Barclays Premier League Match Day 34

Reading 2 - 2 Aston Villa

Karacan, Elkeson

Barclays Premier League Match Day 35

Reading 1 - 0 Everton

Le Fondre

Wow ! Just wow ! Just when I thought this run of form couldn't get any better we go unbeaten as the end of the season nears. We were comfortable in many game like against Bolton we were 4-0 up but let that lead slip but it's the sign of a great team to still win games like this. If this form continues I could finish in the top 6 but my last month of fixtures is really hard.

Performer of the Month

View attachment 275749

This month was obvious who would win the award and it has to go to Elkeson, he scored in 3 games running this month providing assists this month also. Performances like this and surely he will be on the radar for the Brazil national side.

View attachment 275751

End of Season Review

View attachment 275758

Reading Secure 6th Place Finish
Europa League Next Challenge for Reading
Prize Money Helps Ease Reading Finances

Barclays Premier League Match Day 36

Fulham 0 - 4 Reading

Hangeland (o.g), Elkeson, Le Fondre (2)

Barclays Premier League Match Day 37

Reading 1 - 0 Tottenham

Dawson (o.g)

Barclays Premier League Match Day 38

Wolves 0 - 3 Reading

Le Fondre (2), Stracqualursi

That's it for my second season here at Reading. We secured the clubs first ever Capital One Cup and a top 6 finish for the first time in the clubs history. Now it is time to improve the finances and push on to greater things.

Final League Table

View attachment 275761

Reading Player of the Season

Elkeson

View attachment 275762

Reading Young Player of the Season

Aaron Ramsey

View attachment 275759

Reading Top Scorer of the Season

Adam Le Fondre

View attachment 275760

2012/13 - Season Awards

Barclays Premier League Golden Glove

Hugo Lloris - Tottenham

View attachment 275763

Barclays Premier League Manager of the Year

Michael Laudrup - Swansea

View attachment 275765

Barclays Premier League Player of the Year

Wayne Rooney - Manchester United

View attachment 275766

Barclays Premier League Players' Player of the Year

Steven Gerrard - Liverpool

View attachment 275767

Barclays Premier League Players Young Player of the Year

Sergio Aguero - Manchester City

View attachment 275768

Barclays Premier League Top Goalscorer

Wayne Rooney - Manchester United

View attachment 275769

Barclays Premier League Champions

Tottenham Hotspur

View attachment 275770

FA Cup Winners

Swansea City

View attachment 275771

Capital One Cup Winners

Reading

View attachment 275772

Champions League Winners

Real Madrid

View attachment 275773

Europa League Winners

Liverpool

View attachment 275774

UEFA Super Cup Winners

Liverpool

View attachment 275775

Well done,bring back the glory to this mighty club.I had a carreer also with Liverpool till 2022 and managed to win 3 UCL 1 UEL and 6 yrs in a row EPL,hope you can be better:)

Great season mate, really doing wonders with Reading!!