So, by the looks of it you'd need a regen younger than 17 to play until his very late thirties, playing over 30 league games a season. ****, hard challenge.

Even if you had a 15 year old, you'd have to play him 30 league games a season until he was 36 to get close to Giggsy.
Playing 38 games a season will take 16.24 years lol

So a 17 year old playing every game till he's 34. It is possible. If you look at my screens above I has Senese on the bench mostly for his first two seasons and brought him on after 80+ minutes

The only reason I haven't got further in my game is because I have 6 other saves as well

UPDATE

Senese is on 84 league appearances aged 20. He got two terrible injuries the previous season and that has set him back on catching Giggsy. He needs to play 38 games a season for the next 14 seasons lol. That will take him to 34 years old so its possible

View attachment 264840View attachment 264839

UPDATE

Rooney is at 619 league games for utd for me which is what Giggs finished at on mine so 1 more game and has broken his record screenshot when done

@W4nker dude,that's one of the biggest developments i've ever seen!

i was at one point i won EURO 2016 with england then moved on he retired at 35 from international duty

i dont suppose that it would count if i beat giggs record with another team?
i got someone who finished with 707 league apperances

i was close to doing it but got an injury for 7-8 months when 34 n subseuently retired.. :(

he got a bad injury in mine as well missed nearly 1 season he played 14 games in it .... he is retiring at the end of my 2024/25 season at the age of 40