Would that not leave the midfield exposed though? Or is it the total opposite and as one advances the other covers? Great thread and like your tactical style will post my results after a few more games

yes, the risk is still there :) however i see the BBM something more "complete", the roles are quite similar the CM is more creative, the BBM is a more physical role and i want my midfielders to run a lot. btw for now, despite the chances i might concede, i'm not stumbling into heavy losses :)

Still going well with v1 but v2 looks promising. Have noticed 2 things that are coming up regular.
1- Message from Asst Man during game "The gap between Midfield and Defence is too large" this also shows up on the team movement screen. I think this is with having both CM's on Support i might try dropping one to DM-S and see if that helps.
2- A large amount of 1-1 draws which is fine for me but they are random goals and score times so hard to nail down the error or fault.

yeah regarding the space the fault is that the CM on support is "lazy" and doesn't drop back to cover the space, i personally don't like DMs in the 4-2-3-1 so if you're having serious problems try with CM on defense or automatic.
i've made many draws too with celta and southampton, i prefer them to a defeat especially if i am underdog :) however i was having problems away from home so i've made an home/away set i think is doing good, i've improved also the set pieces so i think you will concede less even in that sector.

it is clearly the best tactic I've tried, I play with Arsenal and is No. 1 after 11 battle has won them all, has made 38 goals and there's only been six goals on me, sorry for my bad english

it is clearly the best tactic I've tried, I play with Arsenal and is No. 1 after 11 battle has won them all, has made 38 goals and there's only been six goals on me, sorry for my bad english

wow congrats, i'm happy that you had fun :)

Like the 2 BTB mids look very good. My squad is only average but have a good AML joining in Jan window and will try to sign a good DC and BTB player. Only change i made so far is to add Cover command on one of my DC's as still getting caught with the split the DC pass, think this is more to average players than tactic but proves it works even with average teams.

try instead one Limited Defender with defend duty and select "Close down less" from Player Instruction, i prefer it to a Cover duty ;)

In my game, the tactic Base v1 work better than tactic Base v2 .....

In my game, the tactic Base v1 work better than tactic Base v2 .....

could be :) i left both in download so anyone can decide, it is very very important have the right players in right positions this year.

could be :) i left both in download so anyone can decide, it is very very important have the right players in right positions this year.

I start a new game with Sheffield United , without changing any players or any transfers.
:)
So it is very hard to have the right players in right positions ....
:O

what are the team instructions? i have mac so i can't download it it just opens FM13?

I'm testing your tactic, in my Hereford save in the Skrill Premiere.

But I noticed that the "away" one, has WB an IF and the other one, has FB and W... are they right or maybe you switch their name?

btw, played my first game of the league 3-1 win at Home. Gonna post my results at the middle of the season.

Thanks for sharing.

P.d.: Do you have player filters for this tactic?