Yeah I was planning on going by a 3 update per season format, but at the moment I'm playing faster than I am updating and getting backlogged, lol. I think I will do 2 updates per season whilst I'm so active, come Christmas I'll be playing less so I'll do more updates per season. That sound good?

EDIT: Also good news! I just requested my San Marinese club team (Tre Fiori as I will refer to them as from now on) be made professional and they accepted! Don't know how this will happen or when, but i'm pretty excited :D

Nice read so far mate KIU :) , read your old FM09 thread earlier aswell which was again brilliant!

If your San Marino team has now become professional, you can start attracting even better players ^^ And I guess your professional status has to be 'applied' for, so probably end of season.

Glad you enjoyed it Ash :) I was glancing over it earlier and the national seem certainly seemed to do better than in this game! And yeah, it must be the end of the year when I go pro.

Anywho,

Season 3: Mid Season Review:

San Marino (Club):

Table/Results:

leaguetablea.png

clubfixtures.png

Brilliant season thus far :) Only lost one game in the league, still in the Italian cup, beat Napoli and Roma in pre season friendlies and a much improved away form. We're also scoring more goals this season than last season, which is nice. Looking good for getting promoted this season, just hoping that a mid season slump isn't around the corner.

Transfers:

transfersn.png

So seeing as this is two windows worth of transfers, and some actual activity this season, I'll go through each of the signings and some of the outgoings. In the summer I was given 0 transfer budget and an extra 2k to spend on wages, in January I was given 60k and an extra 9k to spend on wages- I'll explain why later.

Summer:
Dieme: Young Striker with good potential, I needed a backup striker in case of injuries and I prefer to get a young guy in for low wages than an older more experienced player
Romano and Calvano: Young CMs for cover and potential.
Sissoko: A player you might actually have heard of! A very good CB at this level, in my first 11 and should be good in Serie B too.
Quadri: CM brought in for cover
Mansour: Young keeper brought in as my number 2. He plays for the Egyptian youth team and is a pretty good prospect.
Romizi: Young CM brought back on loan again. Signed him in January to join me in the summer
Laurito: Young Striker brought back on loan again; in this, his third season at the club on loan, he has developed into the best striker at the club from being our 4th choice. Offered him a contract and he will sign for the club in the summer.
Masi: Young CB brought back on loan again. Was first choice for the last two season, now he's 3rd choice but still a good player, might offer him a contract for the summer.
Gasbaronni: Brought in as first choice AMC to take over from the aging Venerucchi.
Vasco Faisca: Experienced Portuguese CB/LB brought in for cover.
Bini: Young CB brought in to be first choice alongside Sissoko, had him and Masi alternate early season until Bini proved to be the better choice.
Ciaramitaro: Experienced CM brought in to be first choice
Amodio: Brought in initially to be first choice DM, later moved up to CM following a winter signing.

Winter:
Rimoldi: Experienced Argentinian DM now first choice
Suarez: Spanish AMC competing with Gasbaronni for first choice.
Dias: Young DM/MC brought in for cover, stronger than the previous youngsters brought in, of which I'll probably let 2 or 3 go in the summer.
Abbruscato: Finally got a new striker in, an experienced striker who had been playing in Serie B, gives us more depth and should bring goals.

Squad:

clubsquad.png

We have good strength in depth unlike last season, and I think I think this team could realistically survive in Serie B, meaning that no matter how much transfer money I get I should be fine next season. I think I'll let a few players go so the squad doesn't get bloated, anyone over 25 who isn't getting regular games will leave, and anyone I can sell on for a good profit who isn't in the first 18 I'll let go too.

Other:

So the other big news was that we went through a takeover bid:

takeoverh.png

seasonexpectations.png

He said there would be no extra money available, which was disappointing, but offered for me to change the expectations, and the resourced he offered me are far better than anything offered pre season.

San Marino (Nation):

nationresults.png

So after losing 8-0 to Israel I was expecting very bad things from the next two games, but keeping the top two seeds in the group to a fairly respectable scoreline was something positive, although we didn't create many chances of our own. We dominated our next two games, the Dominica game is our best yet with 3 goals coming from our strike force and one from a set piece, the team just looked like a good unit. The Sri Lanka scoreline flatters them; we missed a penalty, gave them a penalty and squandered a lot of chances. I'm hoping we carry some sort of momentum into the next two games to hopefully get something from Belgium or Wales.

Tre Fiori:

Thought I should give a bit more information on the San Marinese league.

trefioriinfo.png

So as you can see fairly poor at the moment. Income from the league itself is very limited, with the biggest income coming from winning the cup which gives 80k- barely any money comes from tickets. We have the biggest stadium in the league, and there is room to expand it when I have the need to which is good, the training and youth facilities are steadily being improved, we had one set of improvements finished in the winter and another planned for the summer. The good thing about the league being so financially poor is that all the money I get from Europe can just be pumped into development as there is nothing else to spend money on.

Will update again in the summer :)

this is some great stuff...
really interesting and great results, I'll be following this definately

Season 3 Review/Season 4 Preview:

San Marino (Club)

League Table and Results:

leaguetable.png

leaguefixtures.png

So the form before Christmas continued and I won the league :) The final standings show it being a bit closer than it was, I was about 10 points ahead of the pack, but had won the league with 2 games to spare and the team just didn't perform in those last two games. We had been very, very far ahead but towards the end of the season we got multiple injuries and general fatigue set in.

Player Rankings

bestplayers.png

So what I thought was my best signing, Sissoko, proved to be my best player :) Yet again it turned out that defence was key in our performances, and with our 4 first choice defenders all being ranked over 7.10 pretty much tells it's own story. Another positive was the performances by Laurito, he really did well in the transition from substitute striker to the number one choice. The only other ones to note are Belmonte and Suarez who both underperformed throughout the season. Belmonte was dropped early on after some bad performances and never performed wlel enough to get back in, Suarez was brought in as my first choice AMC but didn't perform quite as well as I wished. I'll persevere with him next season, but if he isn't performing before December I'll look at getting somebody else in.

Season 4 Transfers:

2013transfers.png

So, as is my way I always make loads of signings whenever I get promotion, no change here.
Coming in we have Laurito, Masi and Romizi on permanent contracts after being on loan. Joost and Salvatierra are 18 year old prospects (CM and ST respectively) both currently on 3 stars and predicted to be leading Serie quality! Hopefully they come though :) As for the others you can see how they slot in my team in the image below:

squadd.png

The standout players out of these are:
Portin: Good stats, 26 and 7 caps for Finland- coaches rate him as my best defender.
Hetemaj: Very good mental and physical attributes, and good technically, again 26 with 13 caps for Finland and 2 goals.
Ilicic (A player I've heard of!): Very similar to Hetemaj but slightly more flair and creativity, 26 with 15 caps for Slovenia and 1 goal

My overall philosophy with signings this year has been to go young and use free transfers. Although I was given a much better amount of money to play with (about 800k) I preferred to stick to free transfers, so I went through all the players realeased by Serie A clubs and scouted them- I found Portin, Hetamaj and Ilicic this way, as well as a few more. I also searched for players without a club who had been capped for their country, then giving anyone who had played for a decent nation a trial. And I sent scouts into central Europe and these found me a few more players. I decided to go young because before now my team had been heavily skewed towards older players as they were easier to sign. Now I have more clout in the market and higher wages to play with I have majorly reduced the age of my squad. I now have only 7 players aged 30 or older.

From my outgoing players 5 were older players whom I didn't offer a new contract to, such as Belmonte and Carlos. I also sold any players who got less than 5 appearances last season as my squad was a bit bloated with too many fringe players leeching off me. The only outgoing player I didn't want to lose was Machado, my previous no. 1 left back, he refused to sign a new contract and Lecce stole him from me.

Pre Season Results:

fixturesx.png

So as usual I organised pre season leagues in order to get some cash in. And I did amazingly well! 2 losses and 1 draw from 8 fixtures with Serie A teams is pretty amazing. Most of the managers were waxing lyrical about my management after playing me which was nice :) I'm hoping this season is the season I can go on a good long cup run to also help the coffers. I have developments of the youth facilities ongoing, but I don't want them to be canceled due to lack of funds, which is what happened this year.

One more thing to note is I've not yet gained financial stability. I'm hoping next season I will achieve this thanks to TV revenue and better sponsorship. Normally I lose money each month and end the season in the red. Also my target for this season is mid table, but my squad is actually very strong and I wouldn't be too surprised if I was in and around the play off spots.

San Marino (Nation):

Results:

nationresult.png

3-0 seems to be the theme here! All the games were the standard fare, we get dominated, let in goals and get the odd chance on the break. This makes me think the chance of us getting a point from this group very low, although we're keeping the GD down which I suppose is a positive. Another thing which is getting really annoying is the media predictions. Every friendly game I play I'm told I should be winning this game, even though these teams are often of the same or better quality than us. And then when I lose or draw I'm told the fans are disappointed, whilst for example the 8-0 loss against Israel they thought was a fair result. It's a bit of a glitch which is becoming annoying.

Ranking:

rankinga.png

A decent steady increase, again until I have majorly improved my youth facilities my only aim with the nation is not to get sacked. This current crop of players are terrible, and I've not had a single good regen who will be getting into the national squad thus far. Before continuing with the game I'm going to comb my way through the national pool to try and find any good regens coming from the other clubs.

Tri Fiori:

semipro.png

So I turned Semi-Pro, yay! I was given a wage budget of £600 p/w which was enough to offer contracts to my 18 best players. My next step is to start getting staff in at the club and keep increasing the quality of player. Hopefully within a few season I can go fully professional. We have over £1m in the coffers thanks to success in Europe, so the developments are being constantly churned out. I'm hoping for this to yield some good regens soon!

leagueranking.png

coefficients.png

The league is steadily getting more prestigious, and moving up the coefficients which can only help :) The only problem is we're going to hit a ceiling though as it's only my club pushing us forward. The club who gets into the Europa League has gone out in the first round 3 seasons in a row thus far, but I'm hoping that they might start turning semi pro like me soon and start at least getting past the first round. Also I've noticed that the club who wins the league no longer goes into the earliest qualifying round, but the second earliest one. Hopefully we'll be getting more than 2 clubs into Europe soon, meaning more money in the league hopefully meaning a better standard.

Goals:

And lastly I'll list my immediate aims:

San Marino (club)
Get promoted to Serie A within 3 seasons.
Become financially stable
Improve Youth facilities and develop an academy
Have a San Marinese player in the first team.

San Marino: (country)
Get a competitive win
Get within the top 175 in the rankings
Bring in some good new players
Don't lose by more than a 5 goal margin

Tre Fiori:
Keep winning the league:
Get past the 3rd round in the Champions League
Become Professional
Improve Youth Facilities and Academy.

If there's anything/one you want to see an image of just say and I'll get one up :) Will update again In January.

you're doing a good job mate keep it up and i'm sure you'll ge that elusive first competitive win for the nation. one thing i would suggest is instead of just simply looking throught the national pool you should run a search of san marinese nationality players as quite often there are players left out of you're national pool who in the case of smaller nations might be better then what you currently have or at least come in as squad players for the national team and you might find some dual nationality players if you're lucky.

Yeah that's what I do, comb through all San Marinese players and add the best ones or ones with potential to the national pool.

a very interesting thread, got me sucked in :D
you are doing a very good job with such a "bad" teams :) love your plans and hope you achieve your goals. should be intereseting.. i'll keep in touch with this story and wish you the best of luck ;)

Story was epic for 09, doing well, best of luck fella :)

Incredible start to be honest, i started a game as Andorra and lost like every game for 3 years!

followed the 09 game, you did very well in that and looked to have got off to a good start good luck

Brilliant mate, I was doing a C2 to A adventure with Pro Patria and doing great (you can check my tactic thread if you're interested), but you made me want to restart the same feat with San Marino club/national (last time I did it was in CM 03/04...)

I won C2 (no cups though!) and I'm surprisingly doing even better in C1 cruising easily to serie B at half season, you got yourself some good players but you're missing some true gems, feel free to ask though ;)

not doing the San Marino league-edit thing, hopefully I can do it "old school" and rely only on my own players alongside new facilities/academy! more than anything, managing 2 clubs with 2 different managers would be too demanding for my mind-body-soul!

one question: how did you get the job for NT? their manager can lose every game 10-0 but will never get insecure, not to say sacked! did you use some "trick" to get him out at the start of your game? I wouldn't want to "cheat", but if he doesn't resign/get sacked when I'm in serie A (hopefully in a couple of seasons) I may be forced to do the "add new manager" trick then resign, and apply for the job with my "actual" persona (and I'm sure they'd gladly hand me the job at that point). Your opinion and experience?

another thing: as per league limitations I can only sign EU players, but I noticed that foreign players in San Marino (club) don't start the process of acquiring new nationality, no San Marino nor Italian nationality, which is very strange (any other club in Italy gives that chance) and disappointing too! I was hoping the likes of Daniele Conti, Alessandro Cesarini (check him) or wonderkid Davide Petrucci (got him!) could acquire sammarinese passport in 5 years! is this a bug or what?

I'll definitely follow your story, and hopefully we can share ideas and experience!

Brilliant mate, I was doing a C2 to A adventure with Pro Patria and doing great (you can check my tactic thread if you're interested), but you made me want to restart the same feat with San Marino club/national (last time I did it was in CM 03/04...)

I won C2 (no cups though!) and I'm surprisingly doing even better in C1 cruising easily to serie B at half season, you got yourself some good players but you're missing some true gems, feel free to ask though ;)

not doing the San Marino league-edit thing, hopefully I can do it "old school" and rely only on my own players alongside new facilities/academy! more than anything, managing 2 clubs with 2 different managers would be too demanding for my mind-body-soul!

one question: how did you get the job for NT? their manager can lose every game 10-0 but will never get insecure, not to say sacked! did you use some "trick" to get him out at the start of your game? I wouldn't want to "cheat", but if he doesn't resign/get sacked when I'm in serie A (hopefully in a couple of seasons) I may be forced to do the "add new manager" trick then resign, and apply for the job with my "actual" persona (and I'm sure they'd gladly hand me the job at that point). Your opinion and experience?

another thing: as per league limitations I can only sign EU players, but I noticed that foreign players in San Marino (club) don't start the process of acquiring new nationality, no San Marino nor Italian nationality, which is very strange (any other club in Italy gives that chance) and disappointing too! I was hoping the likes of Daniele Conti, Alessandro Cesarini (check him) or wonderkid Davide Petrucci (got him!) could acquire sammarinese passport in 5 years! is this a bug or what?

I'll definitely follow your story, and hopefully we can share ideas and experience!

when i did a similer game a couple of seasons ago, i added myself to the san marino league side then add new manager and add to national side, then retire and on my other manager apply for it

i think the league limitation on eu players won't effect san marino because they would be working towards a san marinese passport not an italian one which in itse;f wouldn't cause a problem except that it takes about 25 years or something ridiculous like that to gain a san marinese passport.