when i did a similer game a couple of seasons ago, i added myself to the san marino league side then add new manager and add to national side, then retire and on my other manager apply for it

yeah I'll probably have to do that too, anyway I'm in no rush as San Marino NT is hopeless at the moment and the players produced by my youth academy are rubbish (just like my facilities & recruiting), I need those serie A TV deals and sponsorships to get something started!

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

i think the league limitation on eu players won't effect san marino because they would be working towards a san marinese passport not an italian one which in itse;f wouldn't cause a problem except that it takes about 25 years or something ridiculous like that to gain a san marinese passport.

IRL I think getting a sammarinese passport is incredibly hard mostly because of taxations privilege and special status of San Marino. But in FM11 foreign players (both EU or extra-EU) always start the process of getting new nationality (and you can see the days remaining etc), that happens in any club in any league, except San Marino in the Italian league! I would gladly wait 25 years, I'm sure those 42-43 year olders would still be better than most sammarinese youngsters...

Last edited:
IRL I think getting a sammarinese passport is incredibly hard mostly because of taxations privilege and special status of San Marino. But in FM11 foreign players (both EU or extra-EU) always start the process of getting new nationality (and you can see the days remaining etc), that happens in any club in any league, except San Marino in the Italian league! I would gladly wait 25 years, I'm sure those 42-43 year olders would still be better than most sammarinese youngsters...

i've just checked the editor and the san marino years to gain antionality is set to -1. i think this means that it's impossible for them to gain nationality in the game. so unfortunately unless oyu change it your're going to have to loan them out to another nation that they can become eu citizens from. e.g. loaning them to somewhere like belgium for 3 years so they gain belgian nationality.

i've just checked the editor and the san marino years to gain antionality is set to -1. i think this means that it's impossible for them to gain nationality in the game. so unfortunately unless oyu change it your're going to have to loan them out to another nation that they can become eu citizens from. e.g. loaning them to somewhere like belgium for 3 years so they gain belgian nationality.

ah thanks, that explains everything! I think it reflects reality, San Marino passports are almost impossible to get as they would give you lots of privileges. Nah, I won't edit anything not my style! I don't really care if my players get a EU passport, if they can't gain San Marino nationality and be eligible for the NT, it would be useless for our glorious country...

you have to load all san marinese players to manage the national side.

Do you have any San Marino player on your team? oO)

I'm playing in the San Marina league with Tre Flori. And hope to be manager for the National team some day.

Sorry for lack of updates- been back at home for christmas and not really had time to play, added to the fact I got a load of new Xbox games which have been taking up my time! There will definitely be an update for this within the next week, but hopefully in the next few days as I have a few months worth of in game time not updated.

Sucks that you can't gain nationality, although I never actually used this in my previous save, and by time you're in Serie A most all players in your squad will be playing for their nations youth team at least so it becomes pretty useless; and I'd rather not having a load of journeyman in my reserves trying to get nationality.

And no, for my Italian club there are no San Marinese players, for the San Marinese league team there are a few, but these are now mainly subs or reserves or youth.

Sorry for lack of updates- been back at home for christmas and not really had time to play, added to the fact I got a load of new Xbox games which have been taking up my time! There will definitely be an update for this within the next week, but hopefully in the next few days as I have a few months worth of in game time not updated.

Sucks that you can't gain nationality, although I never actually used this in my previous save, and by time you're in Serie A most all players in your squad will be playing for their nations youth team at least so it becomes pretty useless; and I'd rather not having a load of journeyman in my reserves trying to get nationality.

And no, for my Italian club there are no San Marinese players, for the San Marinese league team there are a few, but these are now mainly subs or reserves or youth.

I'm following avidly as a fellow San Marino manager...

I managed consecutive promotions to Serie A though I'm yet to start the debut season in top division, still considering signings and transfers (key moment of any of my seasons!) plus I started a similar feature with Vaduz/Lichtenstein in Swiss league...

My facilities and academy are still rubbish so no good regens yet, but surprisingly Juventus produced a 16 years old Sammarinese/italian with dual nationality who is quite good, and luckily the San Marino manager (I still haven't got the job) tied him immediately with an instant cap.

part 1 of my plan (getting to serie A) is done, now time for part 2: using serie A money to become a top class academy of youth football and produce good players for NT. I guess it's time to take control of NT as well...

Ooh I don't think I've ever seen a regen who already had dual nationality, I haven't search for dual nationality players for a few seasons so I'll check that out, thanks for the tip :)

Yeah I think the first season in Serie A is the hardest season in the game with the club. If you can survive that first season then progressing beyond that is pretty straightforward. I had some good players willing to sign for me (Denilson from Arsenal stands out) but the max wages I can offer a player is like 11k which means I can't get anyone of that quality- I'm just sticking to my free transfers.

And I know it's a bit late to tell you this, but it's much easier getting the job by starting as national team manager and applying for the club job in the first season as they'll pretty much take anyone.

Also another little interesting side note, Andy Selva became manager of Verona and got them promoted in his first season- go him!

Ooh I don't think I've ever seen a regen who already had dual nationality, I haven't search for dual nationality players for a few seasons so I'll check that out, thanks for the tip :)

Yeah I think the first season in Serie A is the hardest season in the game with the club. If you can survive that first season then progressing beyond that is pretty straightforward. I had some good players willing to sign for me (Denilson from Arsenal stands out) but the max wages I can offer a player is like 11k which means I can't get anyone of that quality- I'm just sticking to my free transfers.

And I know it's a bit late to tell you this, but it's much easier getting the job by starting as national team manager and applying for the club job in the first season as they'll pretty much take anyone.

Also another little interesting side note, Andy Selva became manager of Verona and got them promoted in his first season- go him!

Yeah Selva just became a manager in my save too, some serie C side I think. I immediately talked to press and congratulated him, he was my star player for San Marino in the 2004 game, we go long way back hahaha

I managed some shocking signings (all free agents of course) for my serie A debut: Onyewu, Nelson Rivas, Van Damme, Manuele Blasi, Miralem Sulejmani all on board! Ultimatum and agent's fees are your friends... tieing famous wonderkids Verratti and Petrucci long term also a great thing.

To improve your finances I suggest arranging a ridiculous number of away friendlies against New Zealand teams: that's 200K euro each (even when I was in serie B), def worth the disturb IMO...

About NT, the truth is I was in no hurry to get the job at that early stage as I felt I couldn't do much to really develop Sammarinese football, and focusing on the club helped me achieving Serie A and financial security asap, which is vital to get facilities, academy and eventually some local talent. Though I see you are doing a great job with the national side despite such limited talent.

Anyway if NT manager doesn't get sacked within next year I'll have to take care of it personally, and after WC 2014 I'm going to establish my reign...

Sorry if I invaded your thread, just wanted to share some thoughts with a fellow Titani veteran!

I will start this challenge too but i will manage san marino club is seria c2 and i will only all players from san marino and egypt(my country) i dont this the san marino's league is important u once managed Egypt without its league and made wonderful results and i dont like editing in the game !!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I have downloaded the san marino's league and the
Egyptian league (my country) and i started a new game with san marino the
Club but didnt play any match yet

im just wondering, i expect the san marino national team stadium is quite small if you did improve enough to become even a top 50 world side would the FA expand or build a new stadium to meet your stature ? i hope you update shortly the story is very interesting

growing san marino community is asking for updates, and we need a briefing asap to discuss the future of sammarinese football!

Brilliant read, but when will you update it again? it's been like 2 months since your last proper update.