The Sandancers, First their was Phil Brown then Joe McElderry and now Danny Simpson!!

Frosty Chrtismas gives a hangover in the New Year

Results

With this update I will be giving the results from both December and January. December was an exciting month as the second round FA Cup game against Swindon went ahead with manager Danny Simpson as he would be serving his touchline ban. The lads didnt seem to need to him as they were able to comeback from a goal down and claim a famous victory

View attachment 72403

A great win made all the better by the fact the manager was not in the dugout. It was a great start to the month and we hoped that this form would carry on into our league form. With that famous win we set up a game against Premier League runners up Hull City, managed by fellow Sandancer Phil Brown. It set up a great story and underlined the magic of the cup. The game at The Circle in Hull offered the players the chance to play at a Champions League venue graced by the likes of Inter Milan earlier in the season

View attachment 72401

We were well and truly taught a lesson by Hull and their clinical strikers. We did manage a goal which sent us loyal fans home happy. Here are the rest of the results:

View attachment 72406

Late Late Goals

As the results show we have been wavering in recent games and we have now lost 4 in the league. If not for fellow teams such as Aldershot and Dag & Red also dropping points we could have been out of the promotion race by now. A major downfall has been are tendency to concede late goals. It may be due to our fitness levels but I feel it is down to the fixtures we played 5 games in 12 days and with travel the boys are starting to feel it on the pitch:

View attachment 72399

View attachment 72400

View attachment 72402
Two of these late goals lost us the game and one kcocked us out of the FA Trophy. Hoepfully we can sort our selfs out in the last 5 minutes of games to secure our results.

League Table

As I have said before we have managed to stay in the promotion race due to the poor form of the teams around us. With recent results it is turning into a two horse race foir the title between ourselves and Dag & Red.

View attachment 72415

Player of the Month Awards

With two months their are two awards to give out. The winners of the awards are strike partnership David Knight and John Elliot. Both have been banging the goals in and Knight in particulair has been setting up his teamates as well as scoring.

View attachment 72405 View attachment 72407

New Signing

With a gap in the wage budget the Mariners were able to delve into the transfer market. Simpson was able to pick a real gem out from the lower leagues in former Aston Villa forward Adam McGurk from Canvey Island for £10,000.

View attachment 72398

Adam McGurk looks like a top signing for you and should scores loads of goals.

Squeaky-***-time Increases the Pressure

Results

With just the 3 games in February this update will include the games from march as well. The two months included massive games against fellow promotion hopefuls Dagenham and Redbridge as well as teams at the other end such as Truro

View attachment 72718

Two straight defeats really hurt our run for promotion especially since we lost to our main rivals, as well as losing our first game at home for nearly two years. We managed to bounce back in brilliant fashion versus Ebbsfleet

View attachment 72719

We have won 6 in a row and with Dagenham slipping up in the last game of the month we are back level on points with it all to play for in the last three games.

League Table

As I said before the clash at the top is as close as ever and if we can better Dagenhams results in the last three games we will have league football, if not we will be in the lottery of the play-offs

View attachment 72714

Electric Elliot!!!

With a month full of goals one player really stepped up and not only is the winner of the player of the month for this update but he is also the winner of Blue Square Premier player of the month. He was also awarded the goal of the month award after beating 5 men to stick the ball into the back of the net.

View attachment 72716 View attachment 72722

Hail Simpson

With a great two months by Elliot and the rest of the the team it meant that manager Danny Simpson scooped the Manager of the Month award for March

View attachment 72715

A great run towards the end of the season creates momentum and hoepfully we can keep this form going for the next three games and secure league football for the first time in nearly 90 years for South Shields.

Close but not close enough

Results

With only 3 games left in the season we knew that if we could better the results of Dagenham & Redbridge we would be promoted. Here were the Mariners last 3 games

View attachment 72750

View attachment 72749

View attachment 72745

With 3 wins out of 3 any slip from Dagenheam would let us in, of course this s what happened

View attachment 72748

View attachment 72746

We missed out by 7 goals, showing how far we have come since the early days of level 9 football.

Manager of the Month

Another month and the gaffer once again grabs an award. Im sure he would swap it for the league title in a heartbeat

View attachment 72747

Now we enter the lottery of the play-offs our only other experience ended in tears and defeat hopefully we can change all that, and it starts by beating AFC Wimbledon.

Just read the story mate.
Brilliant Story. Keep up the good work.:)
Feel like starting a very low club in a low league but not sure if i will succeed.

Just read the story mate.
Brilliant Story. Keep up the good work.:)
Feel like starting a very low club in a low league but not sure if i will succeed.

Is hard work like mate should do it though

And if you do, do it do it the right way like dont load reunion players or cheat to win every league and get to prem in shortest possible time is so much more satisfying when you d it without cheating

I have been trying to do that but whenever i lose i get like really ****** and then i quit and play the match again until i win, but how do you have the motivation to keep playing? I mean like how do you keep playing when you lose?

I have been trying to do that but whenever i lose i get like really ****** and then i quit and play the match again until i win, but how do you have the motivation to keep playing? I mean like how do you keep playing when you lose?

I want to put it right in I think my 3rd or 4th season i lost 10 games in a row it just made me laugh wanted to put it right. I tsayed up by skin of my teeth team below me lost to already relegated team and i somehow stayed up the next season i was like yes I will do better put it right

I finished one place higher :p Just stick do it is good when you get it right with tactics and players you feel like you have done something. If yoiu save before every gamea and win 39 games a season or whatever anyone can do that really, not to sund big headed but I feel only a few people on this site could do what I have done i.e no cheats no quick fixes even had my rep set to automatic

Ok mate, thanks for the help, will try this out.:)
Good luck with your story^^)

Where are we playing Next Season?

Lets get right down to it the two games against AFC Wimbledon were both epic games. The winner would go onto Wembley with a chance to reach league football.

View attachment 73109

View attachment 73110

The first game could not seperate either side and with Marcus' Bean 3rd red card of the season, his second against AFC Wimbledon meant he would miss the second semi-final and thanks to a great second leg performance he will miss the final.

This meant that a day out for the fans was on order and we were playing Aldershot, a team we had beaten in the run-up to the end of the season. We were the form team going into the final winning 9 of the last 10 games. Aldershot were thrown into a little bit of dismay as manager Dave Leonard left for Watford and Michael Brown was appointed as their new manager with the chance to take them into the Football League.

Play-Off Final

View attachment 73108

We have done it!!!!! Football League here we come!!!!!!!!
An early red card gave us the advantage and we managed to take full advantage of it with John Elliot underlying is credentials as the top goal scorer in the league with a real poachers effort. Jacob Murphy signed us up to the league with a stunning 25 yard effort and we were there we were in the league. The hard work starts now.

So many Awards, So little Time

With the end of the season thier was awards to be given out. The main winner was John Elliot who managed to claim the Top Goalscorer award as well as the Player of the Year and a place in the Player's Team of the Year. Coupled this with the winner and runner-up spot in the Goal of the Season awards for the BSP.

View attachment 73100

View attachment 73101

View attachment 73102

View attachment 73103

View attachment 73104

Final League Table

View attachment 73105

In my opinion the two best teams went up both ourselves and Dagenham finished on the same points and it would have been heartbreaking to fall in the play-offs.

What? No Way? Who? You Have Got to be Lying???

With the new season in League football new players are must and with our growing reputation manager Danny Simpson is posied to pull of a transfer that will shock the English Footballing World

View attachment 73124

Although he is 36 years old now Carrick I feel ,and so does the Gaffer, that he can defintley cut it in League Two. I was just amazed that he agreed to move to Northumbria.

That is a brilliant promotion, Congratulations. Premiership, here we come!

Carrick should be a good signing even at 36! What wages does he demand?

That is a brilliant promotion, Congratulations. Premiership, here we come!

Carrick should be a good signing even at 36! What wages does he demand?

Not much only couple or hundred a week got him from Northumbria which as absurd. Is considered my best player like

How is playing the game signing players from Reunion cheating ?

You play the game to do as well as you can and saying signing players from Reunion is cheating is like saying Real Madrid are cheating in real life signing Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso or Man Utd signing Rooney, Ferdinand, Vidic.

How is playing the game signing players from Reunion cheating ?

You play the game to do as well as you can and saying signing players from Reunion is cheating is like saying Real Madrid are cheating in real life signing Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso or Man Utd signing Rooney, Ferdinand, Vidic.

didnt say it was cheating if youlook carefully, just not real I mean how many african player would up sticks and move to england to play part tiem football?
And its nothing like Real signing those players they had money and amzing rep semi pro teams siging players that can play in the championship for free is a slight glitch in the game like the corner glitch IMO

Last edited: