The Sandancers, First their was Phil Brown then Joe McElderry and now Danny Simpson!!

Ah unlucky not getting promotion mate, good to see this back though and you back on the site aswell. :)

Cheers it was gutting like.

Aye will be back on site now just went off becuase was getting abit bored with all arguements etc.. missed banter though will regulars like yourself and Kris always good crack

Danny, we've had our differences in the past but I am glad to see this one back.

Nice to see you back too. :)

This story was epic pal, cannot wait for it to get back in full swing :)

Update coming tomorrow I have an assignmnt due for tomorrow so for some unknown reason that has taken first priority played the game until July though and some interesting things going on will update ASAP

unlucky with the play-offs :'(

good luck for the next season though :)

Hey fellow Mariner Fans Bully here with the summer update of our beloved Mariners

Here we are in the early parts of July and what a month June was Ukraine (WTF!?@!?) winning the Euro Championships amazing achievement. But not half as importnat as what has been going on at Filtrona Park in June Danny Simpson has been busy in the transfer market wanting to bansih the memory of the Semi-final defeat, ouch it still hurts!!

First lets look at some of the players we were reportly in for this season:
Emanuel Adebayor, Free
Robin van Persie, Free
Scott Spencer Barrow, Transfer
Stefan Moore, Free
Rob Kozluk, Free
Matthew Upson, Free
James McFadden, Free

Now obviously these players would never consider coming to Filtrona Park, yet, but coupled with these outrageous attempts to sign big name players manager Danny Simpson was able to sgn real quality and proven players in the transfer market this summer. The signings were:

Simon Heslop, formerly of AFC Wimbledon and Barnsley the midfielder joins with a proven record in higher divisons and boasts over 100 games at Blue Square Premier level

View attachment 65769

Josh Mimms, formerly of York and Yeovil the 'keeper joins after playing over 50 games in League One, a commanding presence at the back he gives assuranes in goal.

View attachment 65767

Marcus Bean, formerly of Brentford, a well known name in the lower leagues of league football and my favourite signing this season, a proven player with bags of ability a song is in the cards mark my words!!!!! Reported to be the first ever £1,000 a week player for shields the midfielder will need to prove he is worth every penny this season

View attachment 65766

David Davies, season long loan from Sunderland, young midfielder primarly a left winger but my sources insdie the club suggest 'Jose' Simpson will want to use him through the middle just behind the front two exploiting his pace

View attachment 65770

David Knight, formerly of Kings Lynn, a well known player from last season in Blue Square North as he bagged an impressive 20 league goals for the King's in their title winning season last season. Raw pace in this lad will be interesting to see how he fairs pre-season could be signing of the season if he gets the service

View attachment 65771

Luke Williams, formerly of Middlesbrough, the last piece of buiness by Simpson has seen former 'Boro trainee Luke Williams return to the North East. The young Irish striker offers something different up front and could be a like for like replacement for the aging Marc Ricahrds up front. P.S his mum is friend of mine so I have been warned not to be to harsh on him this season

View attachment 65768

I and many of my other fans are happy with these signings as it does show we are moving in the right direction. Of course with some of the wages these players have been demanding it has meant that Danny Simpson has had to give up his £70,000 and place into wages to cover the cost of players such as Marcus Bean and Luke Williams, but if they get us to the Blue Square Premeir it would have been worth it.

Well thats it for now with pre-season friendlies coming up I need to get my programmes and merchandise ready for the games we have against Whitley Bay, Dinnington and former SPL side Dundee at Filtrona Park.

Will update with pre-season results.Keep following my blog all season. Thanks for reading
As always COME ON YOU MARINERS!!!!!

Regards,

Bulley

Last edited:
Good signings Danny. ^^)

Keep up the good work. :)

Hey there Mariners so the new season is nearly here and the boys have got all the fans licking their lips after tour preseason friendly results:

View attachment 66091

Seven games seven wins great form and the standout result was not us beating those fillthy creeps from acroos the water in North Shields, all though it was nice ^^), it was of course the fantastic win over Dundee.

Some of the football we played was fantastic and we controlled the majority of our games with calm and passing football. A real positive is the way our new signings appear to be settling in David Knight's goal have been a big boost as it seems that he will just slot right back into the form that he had with King's Lynn last season in BSN.

So with the pre-season games out of the way our assault on the BSN title begins. I will be back with more updates, as I set off for every game once again like I have done for the past 20 years, COME ON YOU MARINERS!!!!

Bulley

Last edited:
Really looks like it can be your year Danny,

good luck :)

Sizzling start to Season, ends on a damp note.

Hello Mariners here I am with my August update.

For a start I would like to know why at the start of the season the FA (******* Arseholes) decide to schedule 3 games in a week?!?!?! At the start of the season, not only is it extreme on the players but we the fans suffer, work nearly had me sacked for missing so many hours!!!!

Anyway I digress the results for the start of the season go as:

View attachment 66726

So a solid start at home with 3 wins from 3 and with David Knight settling in well with goals and MOM performances is setting us up nicely. However although early in the season no wins from 3 away from home is slightly worrying and the fatc we were comprehensivley beaten at Tamworth does not bode well. The most satisfying result of the month was without doubt the win over Blyth a great perfromance by the boys, also won me a couple of quid :D.

Speaking of couple of quid at the start of the season I placed a small wager on us to win the league:

View attachment 66727

With odds of 12-1 I hope that the lads can bring me home the money.

Now for the first time this season I will be awarding BULLLEEYYYYSS SPECCCIAAAALLLL PRIZEEEEE, to the player of the month. This months winner is David Knight with 2 goals in 5 games and overall performances in all 6 games means he is deserving of the award

View attachment 66728

And this months Special Prize is a model SPEED BOAT!!!
Well done David and your prize will be given to you soon.

I will be back with September update for you loyal Mariners.

Bulley.

Hi there Mariners here is the September update

Another 6 games for the month and once again the FA (******* Big Arseholes!!!) decided to give us 4 games in a week, including the first FA Cup game of the season which provided us with our biggest win of the season so far. Here are the results:

View attachment 67402

As you can see a solid month we are not conceding goals which means that we can win games by the single goal that we know we are capable of getting, I was slightly the disappointed though that the manager didn’t go out to attack against Solihull Moors as they were, and still are, on a bad run of form and we didn’t really trouble them up top. He early form of Mitchell was encouraging for us fans as we, well mostly me, have been critical of the former Man City striker. But with his goals he showed what he was capable of and I decided to give him a second chance.

This months update ends on a sad note though as in the match against Accrington Stanley. Eddie Odihambodo suffered a broken lower leg in a innocuous challenge, it is a blow for the team as Eddie was really getting into his stride in recent weeks and we here at the Supporters club wish him a quick and speedy recovery.

On to happier things this weeks BULLLLEEYYYYSSSS SPECCCIAAAALLLLL PRIZZZZEEE goes to……………………… Liam Bailey. His form this month has been outstanding only missing one game, due to sheer exhaustion I’m told, and grabbing 2 MOM awards.

View attachment 67403

Liam’s prize is a rollover from last months that was not collected by David Knight and is of course a model SPEED BOAT!!!!

I will be back for October when our assault on the league starts to heat up as well as our assault on the FA Cup; I think our name is on the trophy this year.

Bulley

October Brings a Treat while Trick is on Opponents

Hi there Mariner fans another month another update

A great month for the lads as once again we remain unbeaten and we are looking good for in the league sitting nicely in the play-offs with games in hand. The games in hand are due to our form once again in the cups, with Durham Challenge cup starting up again coupled with our impressive record in the FA Cup continuing October as been a busy week. Here are the results

View attachment 67408

An impressive run in the league with the win away from home against those filthy huns Gateshead. It was their first defeat at home this season and I will admit the next night was a haze, I do however remember waking up covered in curry sauce and kebab meat which says to me a GOOD NIGHT!!!!!

The draw in the next game against Barrow was slightly disappointing but with the Gateshead result beforehand I would have taken 4 points from 6 at the start of the week. The two games against Bedworth highlighted our Jekyll and Hyde qualities i.e. we were gash in the first game but looked different class in the second game, and progression was secured to the next round which was the most important thing.

The win against Welling was the most pleasing as they are in the Blue Square Premier and we played them off the park, which proves we have what it takes to get out of this league.

Now for what you have all been reading for, if you have scrolled down to this part of the update shame on you but who can blame you :p. The winner of BULLLLEEEYYYSSSSS SPPPPEEEECCCCCIAAAALLLLLL PRIIZZZZZZEEEEE goes to ..................................................................... David Knight!!! He collects his second award of the season. His form as been exceptional in the games he has played and he collected two MOM awards so he is deserving of the award.

View attachment 67409

Since Liam Bailey did come and collect his model SPEED BOAT I needed a new prize. With things tight, it was the missus' birthday and our anniversary, the prize this month is a DVD box set of LOST only used once.

Thanks for reading and here is hoping we can keep this unbeaten run going, and here is to hoping we can once again grace the FA Cup third round with our presence. UP THE MARINERS!!!!!

Bulley

Some solid updates danny, hope you win promotion and its not too much of a long shot

FA CUP 3rd ROUND DRAW LIVE!!!!!!

As the title suggets we made it to the 3rd round proper!!!! Exciting times we had Grimbsy away from home and they were flying high in League Two so when we arrived and Blundell park not alot was expected:

View attachment 67430

What a day!!! I thought last seasons win against Chesterfield ( I think it was them again that day is a tad hazy) but this was made more the impressive by our domination of possesion, and the fact it was a team who had in earlier rounds knocked out Charlton Athletic.

Before the draw starts, I'm at work watching on BBC i player, I will give you the update in the other games this month, which sadly saw the end of our historic unbeaten run:

View attachment 67423

Most of the wins were expected the best result of the month before the Grimbsy game would have been our win over another higher division team in Kettering, but as it happened it was merely the satrt of things to come in this month. Disappointing was the loss against Tamworth as we lead twice and lost to a silly goal which frustasted the life out of me, it was also a second defeat to Tamworth and looking at the record books we have lost all four games with them over the past two seasons. They are our White Whale Grrrr!!!!!.

Back to the positives the form of David Davies has been pleasing, he has taken a while to settle in but with 5 goals in 4 games to start the month shows his promise as well as his ability. This month also heralded the arrival of a new signing for the club, and it was required. With Odihambodo out for the season it was crtical Steven McCarthy did not get injured, and yes you guessed it he strained is ligaments while out with his dog. Danny Simpson moved quickly and signed former Crawley defender Callum Whittaker, no relation to Patrick:

View attachment 67426

The lad took some settling in but he has performed well in the games he has been called upon as the injury crisis at left and right back only got worse by the end of the month, with both Andy Caton and Liam Bailey suffering knocks keeping them out for a month or so.

THE DRAW IS STARTING!!!!! First out Coventry who cares bring on the Mariners, Eurgh Man United are gone I wanted s to have a crack at them, Man City gone as well still Arsenal, Liverpool though, Bolton Birmingham we want Shields out... WE ARE AT HOME!!!!! Against..........................................ASTON ******* VILLAAA!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 67428

What A Draw!!! Premiership opposotion at home Unbelivable Jeff!!!

Now that I have retracted myself from the celing on with the update, amazing Villa!!!! The leage form has been outstanding at with 5 wins out of 5 we sit second in the league with two games in hand and only a point behind Worcester

View attachment 67424

View attachment 67425

Now onto the award envied only by the Oscars, BULLLLLEEEYYYSSSSS SSSSPPPPPEEECCIAAALLLLL PRIZZZEEEE goes to ........................................................ David Davies!!! As I said above his form has been superb in the early parts of the month and hopefully he can keep improving this season:

View attachment 67427

Now as Liam Bailey handed back his LOST award from last month, stating and I quote ' That show is f**king s**t why would I want to watch that?' ( Silly man does not know what he is missing out on), it is this weeks prize so hopefully David will take it and be taken in by its magic.

Thats it for this update, ASTON VILLA!!!!!!!!!!, sorry I will be back with Decmebers update which will include the Villa game on the 31st of December!!!!

COME ON THE MARINERS WE CAN DO IT!!!! (ALL NIGHT LONG)

Bulley

Last edited:
Sorry Gaffer & Patrick

Just a quick one here Mariners

As I clicked enter and the update of the season went up, I recieved two worrying texts within 10 minutes. One from the Gaffer the other from centre back Patrick Whitaker. Both alerting me to something I omitted from the update:

View attachment 67431

View attachment 67432

Congratulations gents, well deserved heres to celebrating the award in December.

Bulley