"The Save Game Could Not Be Loaded"....?

BD

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted before, or in another part of the forum but, I've been having problems with my football manager on my PC lately, so i uninstalled/reinstalled about 8 times, & it carried on to say when i was loading the game about XML Parsing Errors. So i deleted all the graphics, kits, etc and uninstalled and reinstalled again and got the graphics off my laptop, it worked so now my game is working, but i went to load my save game i've been playing for a while now, in the year 2015 on it i think and when i clicked "Load Game" & selected my game it came up with this.. "The Save Game Could Not Be Loaded".. Does anybody know how to fix this? I don't want to not be able to play that game as I've done quite well on it. Any help to do with this subject would be appreciated. Cheers in advance.

I Dont think you can fix it, the savegame is corrupted!
The only way to get round this is to go to preferences > then change the save type to 3 rolling save file, this way if the save gets corrupted again, you can load on of your other 2 duplicate saves.

Sorry about your save dude :(

This has happened to me a few times aswel. Quite annoying when you were well into a game. Save regularly.

The Save Game Could Not Be Loaded
happend to me before on 08 or 07 just about broke down in tears had to start all over again
but yeah just keep 2 saves up all times

Arrrrr how annoying, yep mine is on that "3 rolling save file" but i don't fully get what that means? I've got a couple of back up games when i go to load game, but they are a while back and i don't want to play all of that again. So with this "3 rolling save file what does that actually mean, that it backs up 3 files each time i save? I do save regularly anyway. Thanks for the response "YatesyLaa" by the way. Is my game definitely corrupted or could there be someway around this?

What is 3 Game Rolling Save

I had three game rolling save on preferences and what does it mean? I think it means if your game corupts then it automatically makes a working backup version. But then my game was saved as 'England' and then the next time i went on there was a 'England(Backup) there even though i didn't make it. And I tried loading 'England' but it said 'Save game could not be loaded'. But when i loaded 'England(Backup)' it worked and now the games corupted again.
Why did i get the backup??????

it happen to me once but my computer conked out halfway through saving therefore corrupting the file I was gutted

I had this problem today. I know this is probably quite old and you've long given up on your save files but I found it is possible to get your save file back! I'm on Vista so I can only suggest this for Vista users. Go to your games folder (normally C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Games). Right click on the games folder and click properties then the previous versions tab. You should have some old versions. Try to find the most recent that happened before it corrupted and click on the folder and click the restore button. After that you should have your game back. I don't know if this works for 2010 as I don't have 2010!

Last edited:
pls help me

freddiesixx, when I right-click on the games folder I only have 4 tabs (General, sharing, security, customize). I don`t have the previous versions tab. Where do I find it? pls help me I need to fix my corrupted saved game

It seems to me that if I turn off the computer while Fm is still Running - Saved or Not - It corrupts and Loses the save game. This happens if it is on the start page or anything, even if you have saved it. Hope this helps.
joe
PS - Exit using the exit button and then turn off your computer

i have found a little solution. go to:
My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 20XX > games >
then right click your saved game, choose the Previous Versions Tab, then choose a date and click Restore. It will restore to your previous saved and working condition.

now i dont know if every operating system has this but Windows 7 does.

sorry about ur losses brothers :(
i know it sucks

thanks bro. my game just got crashed and i use ur advice ,now it works.
thank god cuz i'm in the year 0f 2023 rite now.

|)|)|)

The previous version thing didnt work for me said that there wasnt any previous versions gutted

Use Shadow Explorer

Hey,

If you are using vista home or home premium you will not get the "previous versions tab".. this is only available in upgraded versions.

Download "Shadow Explorer" http://www.shadowexplorer.com/uploads/ShadowExplorer-0.1-setup.exe

When you have downloaded the application open the program - select a date in the past prior to your game file becoming corrupt from the drop down list at the top of the window - then simply navigate to the folder where your corrupt game is saved.

Select the file and the export it to a new folder. You will be reunited with your old game. May have to play a match or two but better than losing seasons worth of a game.

Hope this helps, this problem nearly gave me a breakdown haha

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Use Shadow Explorer
Hey,

If you are using vista home or home premium you will not get the "previous versions tab".. this is only available in upgraded versions.

Download "Shadow Explorer" http://www.shadowexplorer.com/upload...-0.1-setup.exe

When you have downloaded the application open the program - select a date in the past prior to your game file becoming corrupt from the drop down list at the top of the window - then simply navigate to the folder where your corrupt game is saved.

Select the file and the export it to a new folder. You will be reunited with your old game. May have to play a match or two but better than losing seasons worth of a game.

Hope this helps, this problem nearly gave me a breakdown haha

Hi..I'm having the same problem with my FM11 saved game. Anyone has any idea how to restore my saved game ? I'm using Window XP now. Thanks...

Hi..I'm having the same problem with my FM11 saved game. Anyone has any idea how to restore my saved game ? I'm using Window XP now. Thanks...

No sorry probably have to start again.

Should get Windows 7 :p

Not Worked

i have found a little solution. go to:
My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 20XX > games >
then right click your saved game, choose the Previous Versions Tab, then choose a date and click Restore. It will restore to your previous saved and working condition.

now i dont know if every operating system has this but Windows 7 does.

sorry about ur losses brothers :(
i know it sucks

I tried that but there's no previous versions availlable... i already have a 3 files autosave activated... saying that, i can't do anything...right? T_T

:':)':)':)O