Here's an example although this wasn't a lose it was a setback for Chelsea, so remember when Chelsea was 1-0 against burnley and invanovic got a red card? Are you going to blame jose for invanvoic red card and letting them score to make it 1-1? what if ivanovic never got set off?

i do, and honestly as you will realise (if you make the jump) then there is only so much you can do as a coach to motivate and encourage your players. You do not control them.

I was partially joking. We are talking about a game here, not real life football. As a real manager I'd probably start cursing and cussing at players first day on the job, but in the game, I try to be perfect.

Here's an example although this wasn't a lose it was a setback for Chelsea, so remember when Chelsea was 1-0 against burnley and invanovic got a red card? Are you going to blame jose for invanvoic red card and letting them score to make it 1-1? what if ivanovic never got set off?

Chelsea and their opponent both have tactics. If opposition keeps doing fouls, they may provoke that. You can counter that with discipline. At least in game.

I was partially joking. We are talking about a game here, not real life football. As a real manager I'd probably start cursing and cussing at players first day on the job, but in the game, I try to be perfect.
The game is very close to real life

i do, and honestly as you will realise (if you make the jump) then there is only so much you can do as a coach to motivate and encourage your players. You do not control them.

Agreed. As a noob, I'd say you must first earn their trust by wining matches (friendlies against equal teams), so that they buy in your tactic is the correct one. Even substituting the wrong player may earn distrust. In game, I leave everything but the tactics to staff. They usually make correct choices, although I have noticed that there is concern amongst players if I'm not the one giving team talks. I think I'd suck as a manager in real life, I'm not really a peoples person.

I did a thread last year about possession football and I used counter attacking with flexible shape. And a high press. I had settled on the final tactic by the second season, never changed to control or fluid and dominated possession and the league with Newcastle for years 'in game ofc '