I don't understand why they have to push up?

It's a natural thing to do when you see opposition sitting deep and not attacking you. In your fourth season, everyone will defend from you so you will be the one that should be attacking. Two teams playing counter looks like a cat n mouse game.

It's a natural thing to do when you see opposition sitting deep and not attacking you. In your fourth season, everyone will defend from you so you will be the one that should be attacking. Two teams playing counter looks like a cat n mouse game.

if the opposition are stronger and want to play a short passing game then I still wouldn't press nor push up, I would simply wait for a loose pass or until they start taking risks and lose the ball. I understand what you mean by naturally doing it, but you can change that by telling your team not to.

if the opposition are stronger and want to play a short passing game then I still wouldn't press nor push up, I would simply wait for a loose pass or until they start taking risks and lose the ball. I understand what you mean by naturally doing it, but you can change that by telling your team not to.

Sorry, my english is obviously not that good, or I'm simply missing your point. You shouldn't push up if you play counter. They should. And they should be more agressive aswell. And more fluid so their defence joins attack for aditional pressure.

Sorry, my english is obviously not that good, or I'm simply missing your point. You shouldn't push up if you play counter. They should. And they should be more agressive aswell. And more fluid so their defence joins attack for aditional pressure.
I feel like we are now talking about different things tbh

I feel like we are now talking about different things tbh

I already wrote two teams playing counter looks like a cat and mouse game. That's what your match would look like. Like Atletico vs Real Madrid. Can't really predict the winner.

Last edited:
If either Real or Atletico went for control fluid tactic, they would win against the countering one. That's how Bayern won against Barca. For a great team, a fluid control approach will yield better results. A great team using a weak clubs tactics is at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
If either Real or Atletico went for control fluid tactic, they would win against the countering one. That's how Bayern won against Barca. For a great team, a fluid control approach will yield better results. A great team using a weak clubs tactics is at a disadvantage.
So Chelsea using a low block and countering through the dribbling and pace of wingers and the physical attributes of the striker is a disadvantage?

So Chelsea using a low block and countering through the dribbling and pace of wingers and the physical attributes of the striker is a disadvantage?

If Chelsea played against Bayern in 2012 when manager was Osram and Bayern played a fluid control tactic, Chelsea would lose.

If Chelsea played against Bayern in 2012 when manager was Osram and Bayern played a fluid control tactic, Chelsea would lose.
There is some things in life you really can't predict, football matches are where anything can happen.

There is some things in life you really can't predict, football matches are where anything can happen.

Yes, but I would lower those chances. Both chelsea and bayern players aren't aliens, they are just great players that do what their manager told them to do. I personally never blame a player for a lost match, I always blame the manager and his tactics.

Yes, but I would lower those chances. Both chelsea and bayern players aren't aliens, they are just great players that do what their manager told them to do. I personally never blame a player for a lost match, I always blame the manager and his tactics.

Thats interesting, what happens if a player just couldn't be bothered, or just seemed lazy?

Sorry, but that can not always be the case... the manager isn't always responsible for a team's loss. For example when a player gets sent of for say a second yellow card and ends up losing, are you really going to blame that on the manager?

Sorry, but that can not always be the case... the manager isn't always responsible for a team's loss. For example when a player gets sent of for say a second yellow card and ends up losing, are you really going to blame that on the manager?

Yup. He didn't get a red or yellow for nothing. Either tackling, or player positioning or wrong role and duty for either him or his closest teammate was the issue. Managers fault.

Yup. He didn't get a red or yellow for nothing. Either tackling, or player positioning or wrong role and duty for either him or his closest teammate was the issue. Managers fault.

What happens if it was for violent conduct?

Nope. This world isn't ready for me yet :D

i do, and honestly as you will realise (if you make the jump) then there is only so much you can do as a coach to motivate and encourage your players. You do not control them.

What happens if it was for violent conduct?

Why was he being violent? Trace it and you will find thats its also managers fault. Find a save where a player always gets a red, and then change team talks or tactics to what I suggest. If he gets a red again, kill me, I wont resist.