• Thread starter Thread starter Kylo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 5K

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow Managers,

This thread is for all those times where you think.. Why do i still have this player? Should i sell him? How much for?.. Well, comment your situation and players your confused with, and i'm sure a member can get back to you. (A). An example of the players that many people are confused to sell or not, are aging players. Lampard, Ashley Cole and many more often confuse me.. But i also have some players i need advice on..

David Villa?

I'm in need of advice in a sticky situation for my Manchester City save. I purchased a number of players, most importantly David Villa for 60M in the first season. He's been amazing for me in the last 3 seasons (Im in 2012/2013 season). Heres his goal scoring record:

View attachment 20023

Juventus have just made a 27 million offer for him. David Villa is now 31 on my game, and all players start downgrading from there, i remember seeing a screenshot of him on someone elses save just one season after mine, he was worth 4 million. Yet, he is still (as my coach reports say) as good as my latest signing, Sergio Aguero (For 52 million) and as you can see by the screenshot above this, he is still scoring bags of goals, but i would rather play Aguero sometimes. Should i sell him, or not?

View attachment 20025

Stephen Ireland?

Another player, i'm not sure whether to sell or not. Is Stephen Ireland. With the qaulity of players i have brought in, like Jovetic and Walcott, he's not the best player at the club anymore. And is valued at a cool 10M. But yet, he still finds the net and great passes and is still getting better. Should i sell him, or not?

View attachment 20024

This Regen?

View attachment 20022

I haven't played him at all, he's just a player that appeared in the Reserves team all a sudden. But look at his value! A cool 4M. This means that i could offer to other clubs and get 10-20M possibly. But, if i did keep him.. Maybe his value would keep increasing? Who knows? Should i sell him, or not?

Adebayor?

Okay. This is just funny. I've played him 6 times... In 3/4 years. And yet, he's valued at 5M. I think i should sell him, i'm not sure. He's still decent. But no clubs are offering towards him!

Anyway.. Laugh at this..

View attachment 20021

Thats all of my problems. But, comment yours along with screenshots. And i, and many members should get back to you. Don't post unless your discussing the thread or need advice, off topics are not accepted.

Thanks,
FourFourTwo.

Last edited:
I would sell David Villa, as he is "over the hill". He may be scoring, but what if at the end of the season, his value is half, and you cant get 10m for him.

Keep both Ireland and the regen. Get Ireland to tutor the regen. Ireland is at his peak, whereas the regen is a hot talent, that will no doubt rocket in value.

If Adebayor is happy being a reserve, keep him. His stats are still great, and provides some quality backup.

Is it not very similar to this
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21700

I know you don't like being redirected FourFourTwo but you're the only one who has complained that I have seen. Just saying, don't want an argument to stem from this

Haha, i may have to bring my amazing arguemental skills into this ;)
Nah.. It's similar.. But with this, i would get back to you with each comment as soon as possible, the thread your refferring too, i never get replies on. :@
And i made this thread to deal with the people debating whether or not to sell aging players or well valued wonderkids. ^^) There similar. But, this thread has curry spice. :$ (Too spice the forum up)

I would sell David Villa, as he is "over the hill". He may be scoring, but what if at the end of the season, his value is half, and you cant get 10m for him.

Keep both Ireland and the regen. Get Ireland to tutor the regen. Ireland is at his peak, whereas the regen is a hot talent, that will no doubt rocket in value.

If Adebayor is happy being a reserve, keep him. His stats are still great, and provides some quality backup.

Yep, i'm accepting that Juve offer probably, even though he has scored 30+ already in mid season! Such a great player. But players decline so quick now, Bellamy is worth 100k :|
And i like the idea of that, tutoring automatically raises value sometimes, so i will be doing that ^^)
And i'm not sure, a reserve that i can get possibly 7-10M with? Its a hard one :/ I've sold Tevez already. :'(

Don't sell Villa and the regen. Keep Villa until he stops scoring. The regen have to be tutored. You may sell Ireland and Adebayor.

Haha, i may have to bring my amazing arguemental skills into this ;)

Remember, I said no arguments please. I can see why you are doing this, but I have found the other thread useful. But it's not my call to get this thread closed or anything, so I'll let you have this one.

Sell Villa, keep the regen + Ireland. If Adebayor is happy2 stay as a backup keep him, if he gets the hump shot him off for as much as you can get for him :)

Its not as if you need the money!!! Keep them they can't come back to haunt you that way.

steven ireland first season right at the start as man city?

Im in a predicament too. I have james Beattie at Man Utd... He has been doing well and scoring He is a good backup to my other strikers Dzeko and Villa. But he seems to score more than Dzeko at the moment. But in all respects he is way past it. what should I do.

ma i ask why did u buy him for utd lol

He's one of my favourite players. But now i'm thinking to move him on.. As his stats tell you not soo bad at the moment.

Remember, I said no arguments please. I can see why you are doing this, but I have found the other thread useful. But it's not my call to get this thread closed or anything, so I'll let you have this one.

Lol, you go on as if your an Admin. If you find the other thread useful then use that one, Simple.
I think he made this so you can get some advice when you actually receive a bid and not just in general 'who should i sell' like the other one.

Last edited:
Great idea mate, its differenent to the other Thread . This focuses on if you should sell someone whereas the other one is who to sell.

and also on the other one no one answers, if they do its questions about big four teams so it isnt worth it

Im in a predicament too. I have james Beattie at Man Utd... He has been doing well and scoring He is a good backup to my other strikers Dzeko and Villa. But he seems to score more than Dzeko at the moment. But in all respects he is way past it. what should I do.

From your screenshots, i would say to sell him. but after your current season.
I see he is great form for your current team, keep playing him if he is scoring. And he should be worth more at the end of the season, you should offer to clubs for about 5-10 Million. Many clubs won't bid, the occasional one will. Accept that. And, the reason i say this is because he is surplus of Man Utd. Not only are his stats now unacceptable for an EPL striker, but his form is okay. That should be the only thing keeping him at the club. ^^)

i would not sell villa he is scoring 10 more goals than games and so wat if his value decreases those goals could be more valuable

Back